{KayleeTonksLupin} When I get up in t... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » {KayleeTonksLupin} When I get up in the morning... « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 670
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I get up in the morning, looking for her is the first thing I do. If she's not there, I go here for fun. Sometimes I am here and there simultaneously. If she's not there, I can't find him, and I know he's not here unless I ask him to be.

She's just got here, so I'm sure I'll be finding him or one of his friends soon.

I = me, Kaylee. True story.
Bentarm (Bentarm)
Username: Bentarm

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This sounds like one of those puzzles that is somehow about the LTPF... is it?

Post Number: 672
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, Bentarm, pleased to meet you. :D Sounds like you've returned after a long absence.

Yes, it is (partly) about the LTPF. To satisfy curiosity, "here" is the LTPF. This does not solve the puzzle entirely. :D

Post Number: 673
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops. I know how to use bold. Really. I did just do it...Repeating myself, then. Mea culpa.
Yes, it is (partly) about the LTPF. To satisfy curiosity, "here" is the LTPF. This does not solve the puzzle entirely. :D
Bentarm (Bentarm)
Username: Bentarm

Post Number: 1747
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well... I feel I may be at something of a disadvantage as I don't know who any of the people who post here these days are, but...

Do all of the he/him/s refer to the same person? A human person? Is he a member of the LTPF?
Does 'her' refer to the same person as the first she? as the second she? Is this a human person? a member of the LTPF?
Are him/his friends members of the forum? puzzles? chatroom posts?

Post Number: 674
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well... I feel I may be at something of a disadvantage as I don't know who any of the people who post here these days are, but...You're at no more of a disadvantage than anyone else, because the only relevance the LTPF has is being "here".

Do all of the he/him/s refer to the same person? Yes.
A human person? No.
Is he a member of the LTPF? Nope.
Does 'her' refer to the same person as the first she? Yes.
as the second she? Yes, all the 'her' and she' are identical.
Is this a human person? Yes.
a member of the LTPF? No.
Are him/his friends members of the forum? No.
puzzles? Haha, no, but good idea...
chatroom posts? No
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 736
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the she a relative of yours?
Mother?
Sister?
Child?
Friend/Roommate?

Here is LTPF, correct?
There is something else?
Another website?
A physical space?

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hurrah, ISH is here! :D

Is the she a relative of yours? Not genetically.
Mother?
Sister? Honorary.
Child?
Friend This./Roommate?

Here is LTPF, correct? Indeed.
There is something else? Yes.
Another website? Yesish...
A physical space? Not this. And the unanswered questions are No.

Post Number: 737
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray! ;)

So "there" is indeed on the computer?
Is it related to the LTPF at all?
Is it a game? E-mail? IM?

When you say, "if she's not there", do you mean the same "there" on the computer?

Post Number: 678
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hooray! ;) *beams at ISH*

So "there" is indeed on the computer? Yes.
Is it related to the LTPF at all? No.
Is it a game? You could call it this, for svv of game, but that'll probably mislead...
E-mail?
IM? This.

When you say, "if she's not there", do you mean the same "there" on the computer? Yes.

Post Number: 738
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, so you have a friend that you look for on IM in the morning?
If she's not there, you go to LTPF?
Sometimes you are on the LTPF and IM simultaneously?

So we basically need to figure out who/what "him" and his "friends" are?
So you're playing a game of sorts on IM?
Is it a role-playing game?

Post Number: 679
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, so you have a friend that you look for on IM in the morning?
If she's not there, you go to LTPF?
Sometimes you are on the LTPF and IM simultaneously? All of the above is brilliantly deduced, and perfectly correct!!

So we basically need to figure out who/what "him" and his "friends" are? I doubt you'll get precisely who, because most of them are original characters. But they are from a recognized fan circle, so the 'what' might be easier, especially since you know where my inclinations in fandom lie.
So you're playing a game of sorts on IM? See below.
Is it a role-playing game? Yes, but it's more than that.

Post Number: 739
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a fictional set of characters based off a particular fanbase are relevant?
Hm...
Tolkien?
Harry Potter?
Mythology?

Post Number: 680
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a fictional set of characters based off a particular fanbase are relevant?
Hm...
Tolkien? This. *grin* Sharp as ever, ISH. Care to probe further?
Harry Potter?
Mythology?

Post Number: 740
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, let's see...
You're playing an RPG based off of Tolkien with your friend?
Is "him" the character you are playing?
Another character?
"one of his friends" = other characters you might be playing?

Post Number: 682
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, let's see...
You're playing an RPG based off of Tolkien with your friend? Yes, although there's more to it.
Is "him" the character you are playing? No, one of the ones she is.
Another character? Yes.
"one of his friends" = other characters you might be playing? Yes.

There's more to this than just the RPG...there's a particular reason for doing the RPG in the first place.

Post Number: 741
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you testing out adventures for the LTPF???

Please say yes

Post Number: 683
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you testing out adventures for the LTPF??? Not exactly, lol. But I could make adventures out of what we're doing, I suppose...It might be convenient for you to know that she and I don't just IM together, we belong to a particular Yahoo group.

Please say yes Awww. *hugs ISH*

Post Number: 742
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're part of an LOTR roleplaying group? Are you testing/creating games in any way?

Post Number: 684
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're part of an LOTR roleplaying group? No. Not anymore, anyway. This is a different group.
Are you testing/creating games in any way? Don't I wish I could? But the answer, alas, is no.

HINT: What else do LOTR fans do? Or people in any fandom, as this is a very broad pastime...there's probably hundreds of sites for the purpose.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 6613
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Writing fanfics?

Post Number: 686
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Writing fanfics? Very good!! So, what do LOTR rpg and fanfic have to do with each other...can you connect the two, or shall I $poyle?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 6615
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you write fanfics based on your RPG adventures?

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you write fanfics based on your RPG adventures?
Exactly and precisely so!

***SPOILER***

My friend Emma, who lives in England, and I are both Tolkien fans. We like to RPG together as Tolkien characters and our own OC's to round out the stories we're playing out. "He" is Thranduil, the Elvenking of the Hobbit and Legolas' father, although currently we're playing with him as a small child, exploring our backstory for him. Since Emma plays him, I can't usually find him on my own. After playing out the story, one of us (usually Emma) writes it into a proper story format out of the RPG, and we post it on our Tolkien fanfic group as a co-written tale. This and the LTPF are the main things I do every day. :D

Thanks so much to Bentarm, and to ISH and Balin for getting it all out!

Post Number: 743
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That sounds like a fun hobby!

Post Number: 688
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's lots of fun, ISH! :D

Thrani (as we call little Thranduil) might inspire some more LTPF tales someday, who knows...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 6621
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That does sound like fun, and I can't wait to see what other LOTR fan-RPG-fic-puzzles you have in store!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: