[Balin] Branching Out Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » [Balin] Branching Out « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 7287
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Regardless of whether or not I agreed with it, I am glad the Patriots traded Randy Moss on a bye week. Why?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Three completely serious questions here, and I know I'll be laughed off the board by someone...:-(
1) What team are the Patriots, again?
2) Who's Randy Moss?
3) What's a bye week?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7295
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Three completely serious questions here, and I know I'll be laughed off the board by someone...:-(
1) What team are the Patriots, again? Football, the team from New England.
2) Who's Randy Moss? Their wide receiver who they traded to the Vikings. One of the best receivers in the game.
3) What's a bye week? An NFL regular season is 17 weeks long. Teams play 16 games, and take one week - a bye week - where they do not play. In this case, the Patriots made the trade on the Wednesday before the Sunday that they did not have a game.

Is everything clear now?

Post Number: 940
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think so. Thanks, Balin.

So, are any of these correct without the rest of the statement?

1) You're glad the Patriots traded Randy Moss.
2) You're glad that the Patriots traded Randy Moss to the Vikings.
3) You're glad that the Patriots traded their wide receiver to the Vikings.
4) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded to the Vikings.
5) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded.
6) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded on a bye week.

(I'm trying to figure out the most important part of the statement)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7298
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think so. Thanks, Balin. You're welcome.

So, are any of these correct without the rest of the statement?

1) You're glad the Patriots traded Randy Moss.
2) You're glad that the Patriots traded Randy Moss to the Vikings.
3) You're glad that the Patriots traded their wide receiver to the Vikings.
4) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded to the Vikings.
5) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded. These first 5 are not important and my opinion on the trade is not completely decided (there were plusses and minuses to the trade), but...
6) You're glad that Randy Moss was traded on a bye week. ...this is the important part, and is certainly true.

(I'm trying to figure out the most important part of the statement)

Post Number: 944
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it better that he was traded when they weren't playing?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7304
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it better that he was traded when they weren't playing? Likely, but it was better for me, too.

Post Number: 946
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you a fan of Randy Moss, or not? And what's a wide receiver? (For all that I support my high school's teams, I have never actually been to a game. Never had the $$. And never been to any other football game either.)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7306
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you a fan of Randy Moss, or not? I am, and that's relevant. Although he was never my favorite player on the team. And what's a wide receiver? The main pass-catchers. (For all that I support my high school's teams, I have never actually been to a game. Never had the $$. And never been to any other football game either.) It's fun - you should go sometime, if you get the chance.

Post Number: 948
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...do you like the Vikings better than the Patriots?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7310
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...do you like the Vikings better than the Patriots? Noooo - I'm a Patriots fan all the way. My uncle is the family Vikings fan.

Post Number: 950
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the reason you're glad Randy Moss got traded anything to do with your uncle?

Hmm...Is Randy Moss not a particularly good, or at least not very reliable player, and you think the Patriots might be better off without him, and the Vikings can have him? But you're not sure about that because then your uncle's team would likely lose more often?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7312
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the reason you're glad Randy Moss got traded anything to do with your uncle? No

Hmm...Is Randy Moss not a particularly good, Definitely not - he's one of the best receivers in the game or at least not very reliable player, Although he had not been doing well this season and you think the Patriots might be better off without him, Very possibly true and the Vikings can have him? But you're not sure about that because then your uncle's team would likely lose more often? Irrel, and this entire line of questioning is OTWT.
Lordofthegeeks1000 (Lordofthegeeks1000)
Username: Lordofthegeeks1000

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fantasy football relevant? Is it directly involved with NFL? Is some knowledge about the rules of football needed to understand why you were glad he was traded on a bye week? Are any other players relevant? Are any other teams relevant? Would you still be glad that he was traded on a bye week if:
It was a different player traded?
A different team he was traded to?
A different team he was traded from?
Personally, I don't care about football that much, but I root for the Vikings because I've lived in Minnesota for a while. And I doubt the Detroit Lions are ever going to win...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7317
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fantasy football relevant? No Is it directly involved with NFL? Noish Is some knowledge about the rules of football needed to understand why you were glad he was traded on a bye week? No Are any other players relevant? No Are any other teams relevant? No Would you still be glad that he was traded on a bye week if:
It was a different player traded? No
A different team he was traded to? Yes
A different team he was traded from? Well, it likely would not apply if he was traded from another team.
Personally, I don't care about football that much, but I root for the Vikings because I've lived in Minnesota for a while. And I doubt the Detroit Lions are ever going to win... You've got that last part right...

How do the Detroit Lions count to 10?

0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4,...

Post Number: 952
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So long as the *Lincoln* Lions always win, I don't care how the Detroit Lions do...:-P
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 2983
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is buying a replica shirt relevant ? or any Patriots merchandise? Someone you really hate has just bought a Randy Moss Patriot's shirt days before the trade?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7327
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is buying a replica shirt relevant ? Holy cow how did you get that? The answer is a very big YES, with a tiny -ish. or any Patriots merchandise? Someone you really hate has just bought a Randy Moss Patriot's shirt days before the trade? No, although I know someone who, when Wes Welker was with the Dolphins, considered buying a Welker jersey, but didn't. The next day he was traded to the Patriots - good move on that guy's part.

Oh, and Welker is the other player who is relevant - a BLOOPER above on my part when I said no other players were relevant.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 2988
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So did you buy a replica shirt? someone else? Or would you have had it not been a bye week and you would have gone for Randy Moss? Did someone buy a Wes Welker shirt? Was there a special offer on either players shirts?

Is the relvance of the bye week that the Pats weren't playing? weren't on TV? Had they been playing but not televised live would you still be glad Randy is gone? Anything to do with injuries? gambling?

Are there any relevants stats? Do the Pats tend to fare well after a bye week ?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 205
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember the one year the Florida Marlins gave out 3 or 4 bobbleheads of players who were traded during the season but before the game was played. Anything along these lines?

Relevant that the Patriots' season ticket for the game the next week had a picture of Randy Moss on it? Deon Branch Relevant at all? Wes Welker? Tom Brady? Is the fact that it was a bye week itself the only relevant aspect? Or is it something that happened as a result of the bye week?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7330
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So did you buy a replica shirt? No, but... someone else? Yes, but may mislead Or would you have had it not been a bye week and you would have gone for Randy Moss? No Did someone buy a Wes Welker shirt? Yes Was there a special offer on either players shirts? No

Is the relvance of the bye week that the Pats weren't playing? This weren't on TV? Had they been playing but not televised live would you still be glad Randy is gone? Not as much Anything to do with injuries? gambling? Neither

Are there any relevants stats? No Do the Pats tend to fare well after a bye week ? Irrel, although Yes

I remember the one year the Florida Marlins gave out 3 or 4 bobbleheads of players who were traded during the season but before the game was played. Anything along these lines? No, but they could have planned the promotion better

Relevant that the Patriots' season ticket for the game the next week had a picture of Randy Moss on it? No, but isn't that ironic? Deion Branch Relevant at all? Only for the title Wes Welker? Yes Tom Brady? No Is the fact that it was a bye week itself the only relevant aspect? Yes Or is it something that happened as a result of the bye week? Yopish

Post Number: 213
Posted on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 4:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the Replica shirt that someone else bought A Randy Moss Patriots Jersey? Randy Moss Vikings Jersey? Wes Welker Jersey? Oh, and is the person H? A? F? Can we call him Paco? Did you plan on buying the jersey from Paco before Moss was traded? Did you choose to buy it after? Is Paco your relative? Your friend? Bill Belichick?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7374
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the Replica shirt that someone else bought A Randy Moss Patriots Jersey? This Randy Moss Vikings Jersey? Wes Welker Jersey? And this Oh, and is the person H? A? F? Yes to all, except... Can we call him Paco? No Did you plan on buying the jersey from Paco before Moss was traded? Did you choose to buy it after? Is Paco your relative? Yes, but... Your friend? Bill Belichick?

Because I fear my answers may mislead, what you need to know is that the two relevant jerseys, one each of Moss and Welker (both Patriots jerseys), were bought as gifts for me at two different times, by two different female relatives (which relatives they were is irrel).

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 4:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fine, can we call the two female relatives Lucretia and Matilda?

Did Lucretia buy the Welker jersey? The Moss Jersey?
Same for Matilda?

Did Lucretia intend to give you the jersey for your birthday? Christmas? Just before Moss got traded? Just after? Surprise present for "just because"?
Same questions for Matilda?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7388
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fine, can we call the two female relatives Lucretia and Matilda? OK

Did Lucretia buy the Welker jersey? The Moss Jersey? This
Same for Matilda? Welker

Did Lucretia intend to give you the jersey for your birthday? This, possible FA Christmas? Just before Moss got traded? Just after? Surprise present for "just because"?
Same questions for Matilda? Just-because, same possible FA

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Lucretia actually give you the Moss jersey? As a birthday gift? Is it relevant when your birthday is? Did it fall just before the Moss trade? Just after? Or some completely other time of the year? Can I use the [LTPF list of days of the year]?

Did Matilda actually give you the Welker jersey? Just before the Moss trade? Just after? Did she intend to give it to you just before Moss was dealt? Just after?
Would this puzzle work if Lucretia were male? If Matilda were? If Matilda bought you a Tom Brady Jersey? A Deion Branch Patriots Jersey? If you were a Seahawks fan and Lucretia bought a Deion Branch jersey for you while Matilda bought you a Matt Hasslebeck jersey?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7446
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Lucretia actually give you the Moss jersey? Yes As a birthday gift? Yes Is it relevant when your birthday is? No Did it fall just before the Moss trade? Just after? Or some completely other time of the year? Well before. And I've had the jersey for well over a year. Can I use the [LTPF list of days of the year]? Irrel, but I will say that it hasn't happened yet in 2010.

Did Matilda actually give you the Welker jersey? Yes Just before the Moss trade? Just after? Also well over a year ago Did she intend to give it to you just before Moss was dealt? Just after?
Would this puzzle work if Lucretia were male? Yes If Matilda were? Yes If Matilda bought you a Tom Brady Jersey? Yes A Deion Branch Patriots Jersey? Only if she bought it after the trade. If you were a Seahawks fan and Lucretia bought a Deion Branch jersey for you while Matilda bought you a Matt Hasslebeck jersey? Yes.

HINT: Finding out more specific details about the jerseys will help. The FA has been cleared up - it was that I had not had the jerseys long, when I have in fact had them both for well over a year.

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Moss jersey autographed? Game-worn? Throwback jersey? Jersey from when he was with another team? Is there a mistake on it (such as wrong number, or they spelled his name wrong?) Same questions for the Welker Jersey?
Did you receive both jerseys at the same time? If not, did you receive the Welker jersey first? The Moss jersey? Was it a week before? A month? Several months? A year? Several years?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7460
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Moss jersey autographed? Game-worn? Throwback jersey? Jersey from when he was with another team? Is there a mistake on it (such as wrong number, or they spelled his name wrong?) No to all Same questions for the Welker Jersey? No to all, except a "noish" to "mistake".
Did you receive both jerseys at the same time? NO - good q If not, did you receive the Welker jersey first? The Moss jersey? This one Was it a week before? A month? Several months? A couple months or so A year? Several years?

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you receiver the Moss Jersey during the 2009 football season? before? After? Same questions for Welker jersey? Relevant whether they are home or away jerseys? If so, is the Moss jersey home? Away? Welker jersey? Did you plan on wearing the Moss jersey? Displaying them as a treasure? Did you actually do so? If not, was it because they did not fit? Were to small? Were too large? Same questions for Welker jersey?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7511
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you receiver the Moss Jersey during the 2009 football season? before? This After? Same questions for Welker jersey? Before

Relevant whether they are home or away jerseys? Yes If so, is the Moss jersey home? Away? It's an alternate silver jersey that the team used for a few years. I don't know why they discontinued it - I liked the silver jerseys. (That's relevant, BTW) Welker jersey? Away (white)

Did you plan on wearing the Moss jersey? Yes Displaying them as a treasure? No Did you actually do so? Yes If not, was it because they did not fit? No, the Moss jersey fit... Were to small? Were too large? Same questions for Welker jersey? ...but the Welker jersey was too large.

Excellent round of q's! Next one's on the house.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7591
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random factoid at the time: on an online game site that I enjoy, the Google ads are kindly suggesting that I buy a replica Aaron Hernandez jersey. This is rather appropriate, as he and I are from the same town. I have already "suggested" to my parents that that would make a great birthday present. (By "suggested," I mean that I said I would like one and they told me they'd get me one. w00t.)

And as long as I've been dropping HINTs on my puzzles, the important fact about the two jerseys related to the puzzle is that I preferred the Moss jersey to the Welker one.

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hurrah for birthday present! =D
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7687
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might as well RECAP too:

The reason I am glad the Randy Moss trade occurred during a bye week is related to two replica jerseys I own - one of Moss, the other of Wes Welker. Although I preferred Welker as a player, I liked the Moss jersey better than the Welker jersey (it's irrel why, but it was because of the color [silver v. white]; size [the Welker jersey is too big]; and the fact that the Welker jersey does not have the numbers on the shoulders, whereas the Moss one does).

Now another HINT: Remember that I have had these jerseys for well over a year.

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with who's going to the Super Bowl or has gone to it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7748
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with who's going to the Super Bowl or has gone to it? Nope. No specific knowledge about football is relevant from this point on (other than what connects directly back to the puzzle statement).
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7825
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Patriots beat the Vikings yesterday - woo-hoo!

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And the 49ers won too, as well as the Giants. San Francisco is having an awesome time.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7830
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...and the Vikings just waived Moss. Totally irrelevant to the puzzle, but ironic, in a way.

HINT about the puzzle - remember how long I have had these jerseys, and something related to me that has changed since then.

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your size? Weight? Your likes or dislikes? Where you go to school?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7940
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your size? Weight? Your likes or dislikes? Where you go to school? This last one is VERY relevant! No to rest.

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, you're 18. Did something change when you went off to college? Your local team, because you went to college in a different area from your childhood home?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7945
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, you're 18. Did something change when you went off to college? Yope Your local team, because you went to college in a different area from your childhood home? Well, the local team is the Carolina Panthers, but I'm still a diehard Pats fan. But it is quite relevant that my college is far away from my house. And think about what you know about the two jerseys, and what people do when leaving for college (HINT).

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What people do when leaving for college...Um. Well, I never left home for college, so based on what my sister did...

Pack half their stuff and leave the rest at home?
Sell some of their things?
Turn their room at home into a storage room while it's not being inhabited?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7988
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What people do when leaving for college...Um. Well, I never left home for college, Nor did my sister - she commutes. so based on what my sister did...

Pack half their stuff and leave the rest at home? This one. Now apply that to the two jerseys, and everything should become clearer.
Sell some of their things?
Turn their room at home into a storage room while it's not being inhabited?

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You took one jersey with you and left the other one at home? Did you take the Moss jersey, which fit? The Welker jersey, which was too big?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7998
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You took one jersey with you and left the other one at home? Yes! Did you take the Moss jersey, which fit? This one! The Welker jersey, which was too big?

Now tie this back in with the puzzle statement and all will be said and done.

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Regardless of whether or not I agreed with it, I am glad the Patriots traded Randy Moss on a bye week. Why? Because you had the Randy Moss jersey, which you were able to wear, with you.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8014
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you had the Randy Moss jersey, which you were able to wear, with you Not really - after the trade, I did not want to wear that jersey because he is no longer with the team (although I am keeping it, at least for a while). Let me RECAP and it should make more sense:

I have two Patriots jerseys, one of Randy Moss and one of Wes Welker. I brought the Moss jersey with me to college and left the Welker jersey at home. However, once the Patriots traded Moss, I did not want to wear that jersey.

So why would I be glad that the trade occurred on a bye week? And remember, the distance between my home and college is relevant.

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because...you could go home to get the other jersey? Even though it was too big? Or did it fit now?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8017
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because...you could go home to get the other jersey? Well, I still had class during the week (bye week = no football game for the Patriots that Sunday, so it was two weeks in between games, rather than one) - I could not go home. But this is VERY CLOSE. Even though it was too big? Or did it fit now? No, it is still big, but it's not overly big. It's become my primary Patriots jersey, at least until the Hernandez jersey arrives.

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you could get someone to send it to you from home? Bring it to you from home?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8019
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you could get someone to send it to you from home? This one! Bring it to you from home?

At long last, a certain word may be spoken, and that word is

**********SPOILER**********

Because the Randy Moss trade occurred on a bye week, I had two weeks (well, a week and a half, since the trade occurred on a Wednesday) for my parents to mail me my Wes Welker jersey; thus, it would arrive in time for the next game (I wear my jersey every Sunday when watching football). Had it not occurred on a bye week, I would have been without an accurate jersey for a week, which would have been merely a minor inconvenience, but still a bit annoying. But all is well.

Nice work goes to everyone who helped on the drive, and Kaylee, who punched it in for the touchdown.

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hurrah! I'm glad I could help, Balin!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: