{KayleeTonksLupin} Connecting the dots? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » {KayleeTonksLupin} Connecting the dots? « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 982
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trying to go with the trend here...

In what way can:

A. The Autumn equinox
B. The Peach State, and
C. King Christina

be linked to each other?

(Each beginning thing represents something else and those things are what links together, if I understand how this works. :-) )
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2256
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, nothing leaps out at me, so a bit of groundwork if I may?

The Peach State is Georgia, and King Christina was a tomboyish Swedish monarch of the C17th. Are those relevant?

The Autumn equinox is in September, isn't it? Anything to do with wicca?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Assuming Georgia is right, is it anything to do with New Georgia (I know there was a New Sweden in America)? Georgia the country? Someone named Georgia? Georgia on my mind?

Post Number: 984
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, nothing leaps out at me, so a bit of groundwork if I may? You may, and you did well. You thought more laterally than I did, in some cases, even though those cases were OTWT!

The Peach State is Georgia, and King Christina was a tomboyish Swedish monarch of the C17th. Are those relevant? They are. And so:

A. The Autumn Equinox
B. The Peach State - Georgia
C. King Christina - Sweden

The Autumn equinox is in September, isn't it? It is, but there's more to this.
Anything to do with wicca? Not in the least.

Assuming Georgia is right, is it anything to do with New Georgia (I know there was a New Sweden in America)? New Georgia? Really? There was a New Sweden? Now I'm going to have to look these up. Obviously nothing to do with it, as you knew more than me here, LOL. But good lateral thinking I'm sure.
Georgia the country? No.
Someone named Georgia? No, although a person is relevant.
Georgia on my mind? Haha, the person having to do with Georgia was on my mind while writing the puzzle, but the song and anything to do with it (other than Georgia being the Peach State) are in no way relevant.

Post Number: 985
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, there is still a long way to go: B and C are not solved entirely yet.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 7399
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Georgia person - H? A? M? Alive today? If not, in [LTPF list of centuries]?

Autumn equinox - is the precise date relevant? The zodiac?

Sweden - Galfisk and his skydiving puzzles? Or maybe Stockholm? Stockholm syndrome?

Post Number: 993
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Georgia person - H? A? M? Yes to all.
Alive today? Yes.
If not, in [LTPF list of centuries]? 20-21st.

Autumn equinox - is the precise date relevant? Yes, but could mislead...
The zodiac? Er...I'll go for Yope. Zodiac's not right, but it's laterally the right idea, I think.

Sweden - Galfisk YES.
and his skydiving puzzles? Mhmm.
Or maybe Stockholm? No.
Stockholm syndrome? No (unless you count lateral thinking holding me captive)

A. The Autumn Equinox
C. King Christina - Sweden- GALFISK! (yay!)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7406
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the clues lead to LTPF users, correct? Autumn equinox - Sept. 22? Sept. 23?

Post Number: 995
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the clues lead to LTPF users, correct? Very astute, Balin, as is usual for you *wink*
Autumn equinox Yes, but...- Sept. 22? Sept. 23? Neither...think outside the box, my friend.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7413
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something that happens at the same time of the equinox? Or another ever concerning the equinox?

Post Number: 997
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something that happens at the same time of the equinox? Strictly speaking, yes.
Or another ever concerning the equinox? This, too. But you need to figure out what I meant by autumn equinox, since it's not September 22-23...HINT...it's not our calendar.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7418
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not our calendar, as in, not the Gregorian calendar? Which would point to Gregoryuconn?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 248
Posted on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I joined on September 28th, 2010? Is that the equinox in Julain Calendar or something?

Post Number: 998
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, not our calendar. Not Julian either. Think fantasy. That clue doesn't have to do with Gregory...
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 395
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Durin's Day relevant?

Post Number: 999
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Durin's Day relevant? Oooh, another Tolkien fan! Score one for this board!! VERY GOOD Kalira, a resounding YES!

So...
A. The Autumn equinox - Durin's Day
C. King Christina - Sweden - GALFISK!
(A has one or two more steps to completion, depending on how quick you all are on the uptake. B has at least two, more likely three. C was just easy.)
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 1971
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in Georgia. BeccaAnn used to be. Is it either of us?

Funny you mention New Sweden...I'm reading a book for a class that is about the history of New Netherland (New York) and the chapter I read tonight had quite a bit in it about conflicts/disagreements between the two colonies. I had never heard of New Sweden before. Funny timing

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in Georgia. BeccaAnn used to be. Is it either of us? No, the person is not in Georgia, judging by his name. The connection is looser than that. BIG HINT: *Something* is in *some place in Georgia* (which is the next link, followed by the *something*) and the aforementioned *something* will link to *someone who is answer B*
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7431
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Durin's Day would point to me...this right?

"Some place in Georgia" - a city? Atlanta?

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Savannah? Then Africa? Or zebras? Elephants? Some other animal?

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin: Durin's Day would point to me...this right?

"Some place in Georgia" - a city? Atlanta?

YES to both.
A. Autumn Equinox - Durin's Day - Dwarves - BALIN
B. The Peach State - Georgia - Atlanta
C. King Christina - Sweden - GALFISK

Gregory Coke: Savannah? Then Africa? Or zebras? Elephants? Some other animal?

All OTWT. It's Atlanta, as Balin correctly deduced. But nice lateral thinking! The clue's still up for grabs.

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1996 Olympics? Atlanta Braves? Atlanta Hawks? Atlanta Thrashers? Atlanta Falcons? Tomahawk Chop? Martin Luther King? Some event in Atlanta? Some person (yes, I know, not LTPF member) from Atlanta? A building in Atlanta? A street there?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Atlanta - Coca-Cola - Coke - Koch - gregoryuconn?
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 397
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gah! I should've thought of that! Nice one, Noel. That's gotta be it, what with the current obsession with poor Greg's name :-)

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1996 Olympics? Atlanta Braves? Atlanta Hawks? Atlanta Thrashers? Atlanta Falcons? Tomahawk Chop? Martin Luther King? Some event in Atlanta? Some person (yes, I know, not LTPF member) from Atlanta? A building in Atlanta? A street there?

None of these, except building, the Coca-Cola plant, to be precise...and why did you say not LTPF member? When did I say that? *grin* Because, in fact, as Noel has said...

Atlanta - Coca-Cola - Coke - Koch - gregoryuconn?

Perfect, Noel! Just right. :-)

Gah! I should've thought of that! Nice one, Noel. That's gotta be it, what with the current obsession with poor Greg's name :-)Yes, indeed!

***SPOILER***
A. Autumn Equinox - Durin's Day - Dwarves - BALIN
B. The Peach State - Georgia - Atlanta - Coca-Cola - Koch - GREGORYUCONN
C. King Christina - Sweden - GALFISK

Well done all!

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I see. I said the LTPF member wasn't from Atlanta. Well, unless Gregory originally is, I'm still right. But all the people were LTPF members!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: