{KayleeTonksLupin} A Foregone Conclusion Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » {KayleeTonksLupin} A Foregone Conclusion « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 1726
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was better than I expected. It was worse than I expected.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 8822
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A certain 64-0 rout?

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*grumbles about the score being put up and $poiling half my puzzle* Yes, that was why it was better than I expected. The "worse", however, is still up for grabs. I expect this to go much faster than I did before the news was made public.
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2437
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worse ... because it was profoundly cruel and inhumane to throw poor Bulldogs into the den of Lions?

Post Number: 1733
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worse ... because it was profoundly cruel and inhumane to throw poor Bulldogs into the den of Lions? Hehehe...Well. No...ish...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8830
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worse...because it was not an exciting game? And if it were closer, it would have been much more exciting?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8831
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worse...because it was not an exciting game? And if it were closer, it would have been much more exciting?

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worse...because it was not an exciting game? And if it were closer, it would have been much more exciting? Considering I didn't see the game, just checked the score, I can't vouch for that, however you're probably right about its exciting-ness. That's not the point, though. HINT: Yesterday's game was not the only relevant Big Bone game.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8834
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2010 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Little Bone game relevant?

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Little Bone game relevant? No...although since you somehow found the box scores of the Big Bone, have you been able to locate the scores of the Little Bone? I have no idea where they are, the internet is SO unhelpful...*growls in frustration* Another Big Bone game is relevant, however.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8838
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One from years past? If so, the last time the Bulldogs won? Last year's game? The Lions' streak-starting win?

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One from years past? indeed If so, the last time the Bulldogs won? Not this Last year's game? indeed so! The Lions' streak-starting win? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8841
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The score of last year's game relevant? Was it more of a blowout? A closer game? Relevant that this year's game was a shutout?

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 5:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The score of last year's game relevant? Not the score, as I don't know it
Was it more of a blowout?
A closer game?
Relevant that this year's game was a shutout? No idea for the last two, so irrelevant, but this year's game is relevant, just not because of the score.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8845
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any of the players relevant? Coaches? Referees? Crowd?

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any of the players relevant? Yes Coaches? And yes Referees? Crowd? No to rest, with a tiny ish for crowd
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8849
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Players on the Lions? Bulldogs? Coaches for the Lions? Bulldogs?

Relevant which team was at home?

Post Number: 1748
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Players on the Lions? No Bulldogs? This Coaches for the Lions? No Bulldogs? Yes

Relevant which team was at home? The Big Bone isn't played on either of our fields, but at San Jose City College. So it's never a home game, and thus, irrelevant.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8855
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was worse...for the players and coaches on the Bulldogs? Because of the massive defeat?

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was worse...for the players and coaches on the Bulldogs? Yes, but... Because of the massive defeat? Not this. The "worse" happened in last year's game, and made this one's victory bittersweet for me...in short, I felt sorry for our "enemies", though not because of the absolute steamrollering that took place (I expected THAT...lol) So why?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8861
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because they'd actually had a chance to win last year? And break their losing streak?

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because they'd actually had a chance to win last year? And break their losing streak? The score is completely irrelevant. It has to do with a certain player and a certain coach.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8868
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was last year the player's final year as a Bulldog? The coach's? Same questions, only for this year?

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was last year the player's final year as a Bulldog? No, but it was certainly his last on the team, which is very relevant The coach's?No. Same questions, only for this year? Presumably, and I have no idea, respectively, but in any case irrelevant
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8878
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because the player didn't have a chance to lead the team to a potential win? Because he had to watch his team lose miserably?

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because the player didn't have a chance to lead the team to a potential win? Because he had to watch his team lose miserably? Well, if that were all then I would only feel sorry for them to the extent that I do every year, because it's sad that they always lose...but my affection and support for my own team always outweighs that. No, something serious happened at last year's game to make me feel sorry for this particular boy at this year's game (which he wasn't playing in)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8879
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he get seriously hurt? Was he prevented from playing in it? Suspended?

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he get seriously hurt? Very seriously indeed, yes. Was he prevented from playing in it? Last year's game? No. This year's, yes. Suspended? But not like this.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8883
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he break a bone? Several? Was he paralyzed?

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he break a bone? Technically, it was a fracture Several? Was he paralyzed? Not this, but now that I'm looking more into how he got injured, it seems one of the Lions knocked him down. Ick. Well, I suppose that's football, and I'm sure whichever player did it didn't mean for him to end up this way. At least the game was closer last year (36-18) but I bet that wasn't much consolation for the Bulldogs.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8894
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he had no chance to exact revenge on the Lions by beating them?

Could you please recap, and explain what is left to be solved?

Post Number: 1767
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So he had no chance to exact revenge on the Lions by beating them? No, because he was sidelined

Could you please recap, and explain what is left to be solved?

Certainly, Balin.

RECAP: A student from San Jose High, playing for the Bulldogs football team in his junior year (age 16, last year) sustained a serious injury. This consisted of a fracture of some kind, the nature of which has not been discovered, and which caused further injury that has not been discovered either. (It was, no doubt accidentally, caused by one of the Lions knocking him down. Football is a rough game, and if it was on purpose I'd expect to see the name of said Lion highlighted in the article and his punishment. Mr. Collins does NOT take nonsense from his cubs.)

This injury sidelined him in his senior (last) year of high school, 12th grade, at age 17. The coach, who has some importance to the puzzle yet to be discovered, is one of many but is the only important one. He has some importance to the student personally as well.

The points tally is irrelevant, though it was a smaller margin than this year. The chance for revenge is technically irrelevant. Yet to be discovered:

What was the EXACT nature of his injury?
(It was not paralysis)
Who was the coach to him, and why was he so important?
Why did I feel so much pity for the boy? (Scoring is not involved.)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8899
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the coach his father? Another relative?

Fracture - skull? Leg? Arm? Vertebra? Rib?

Do you know the boy personally?

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the coach his father? Yes, the coach in question was (although he's not the head coach) Another relative?

Fracture - skull? Yes, unfortunately right first time Leg? Arm? Vertebra? Rib?

Do you know the boy personally? I do not know him, I heard his story on the news
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8907
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pity - because you know how painful a fractured skull is? Have you ever had a fractured skull? Relevant?

Post Number: 1772
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pity - because you know how painful a fractured skull is? Have you ever had a fractured skull? Relevant? No, not me personally...but what does (or rather, what CAN...) a fractured skull, or similarly gained injury, do to one?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8920
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he get amnesia? Suffer a concussion?

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he get amnesia? Well, I'm not sure on that, but he does have short-term memory now. Suffer a concussion? At least a concussion...he was drifting in and out of consciousness, there was internal bleeding, that kind of thing.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8929
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the memory problems the reason he could no longer play football?

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the memory problems the reason he could no longer play football? Probably, although he was acting as ball boy for this year's game, and still carried the ball like a football player, so maybe not...anyway, what you want to know now is who he is, who his father is (Google will doubtless supply those two easily) and considering who I am and what you know about me, why I feel sorry for him and the Bulldogs? (Besides being upset about his injury, as any decent human being surely would, I have one very specific worry for him that causes me to feel some empathy, too. Remembering one important fact about me will be very helpful)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8934
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Player - Matt Blea?

Post Number: 1778
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Player - Matt Blea? Yes indeed! Poor kid...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8936
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So his father would be David Blea then, correct?

Sorry for the Bulldogs - because they lost a good player (given that MB can no longer play football)?

Sorry for MB - because of his brain injury?

Relevant fact about you - that you have epilepsy?

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So his father would be David Blea then, correct? Yes, indeed

Sorry for the Bulldogs - because they lost a good player (given that MB can no longer play football)? Yes

Sorry for MB - because of his brain injury? Yes, and...

Relevant fact about you - that you have epilepsy? Yes, so do you want to tie the last two together?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 8939
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Matt Blea now have epilepsy?

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Matt Blea now have epilepsy? Well, I don't know...that's what I'm worried about. It would be really sad for him...and also a very likely thing to have happen. :-( It's different, having been as good as born with it and growing up with it, as opposed to going through half your life "normal", and then suddenly everything changes. He's had enough changes from this...I sincerely hope epilepsy doesn't add to his load. Poor Matt, and his poor dad...and me realizing a Lion knocked him down makes me feel upset too. :-(

I think that's good enough for a ***SPOILER***...well done!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: