[Whirligig] Some clock! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » [Whirligig] Some clock! « Previous Next »

Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 526
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I glanced over the clock. It said "Current Time 13:33." I sighed and went back to what I was doing.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it, in fact, 1:33 in the afternoon (or 13:33 in 24-hour time)? Did you expect it to be? Or is that time remaining until something (whether it is 13 hours 33 minutes or 13 minutes 33 seconds, either way)?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it, in fact, 1:33 in the afternoon (or 13:33 in 24-hour time)? no Did you expect it to be? no Or is that time remaining until something (whether it is 13 hours 33 minutes or 13 minutes 33 seconds, either way)? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 9071
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 5:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the clock on your computer? Relevant what you were doing? Were you doing lateral puzzles?

Relevant what the actual time was?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 531
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the clock on your computer? yes Relevant what you were doing? yes Were you doing lateral puzzles? no

Relevant what the actual time was? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9085
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the time in hours and minutes? Minutes and seconds? Was it counting down? Counting up? Measuring how long something was going on? Hold-the-Button or some similar site relevant?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the time in hours and minutes? no Minutes and seconds? no Was it counting down? no Counting up? yope Measuring how long something was going on? yes Hold-the-Button or some similar site relevant? noish
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you playing a game? trying to beat a record of 13:33?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 540
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you playing a game? yes trying to beat a record yes of 13:33? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9150
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your time of 13:33 not enough to beat the record? Hence the sigh? Then you went back to try again?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 544
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your time of 13:33 not enough to beat the record? Hence the sigh? Then you went back to try again? yes to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9172
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant what the specific game was? Did you eventually beat the record?

Or have we figured out all that we need to?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant what the specific game was? to a degree Did you eventually beat the record? yes but irrel

Or have we figured out all that we need to? you still need to figure out what format the time was in
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd assume a duration of either 13 minutes, 33 seconds, or 13.33 seconds.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 550
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd assume a duration of either 13 minutes, 33 seconds, or 13.33 seconds. this last one is correct—so here's the

**********SPOILER**********

I was playing the game VVVVVV (http://thelettervsixtim.es), in which one of the mini-games involves dodging objects and surviving for as long as possible contiguously. My personal record was 16.90 at this point, and a 13.33 wasn't good enough, so I sighed and tried again. Why the timer uses a colon, I have no idea.

That was quicker than I thought …

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: