[visconti] To be or not to be? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » [visconti] To be or not to be? « Previous Next »

Visconti (Visconti)
Username: Visconti

Post Number: 424
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm starting to think the way I do it is different than the way most everyone else does it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...That is the question?

I'm = I = you, Visconti?

Everyone else = the LTPF members? The human race?
Visconti (Visconti)

Post Number: 425
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm = I = you, Visconti? yes

Everyone else = the LTPF members? yes The human race? should we assume all LTPF members are human? lets say 'yes' and move on...

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I'm human, I don't know, some of the people here seem to be superhuman =P

The way everyone else...
posts puzzles?
responds to puzzles?
makes certain kinds of puzzles?
puts their names in brackets?
Visconti (Visconti)

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The way everyone else...
posts puzzles? this
responds to puzzles? this too
makes certain kinds of puzzles?
puts their names in brackets?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 9391
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speed of solving puzzles relevant? Posting on puzzles relevant? Puzzle titles? Puzzle statements?

Formatting text relevant?
Visconti (Visconti)

Post Number: 427
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 3:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speed of solving puzzles relevant? Posting on puzzles relevant? yes Puzzle titles? Puzzle statements? yes

Formatting text relevant? yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9410
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you use the <bracketed> html </tags>? Instead of the \ stuff {that looks like this}?
Visconti (Visconti)

Post Number: 429
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you use the <bracketed> html </tags>? Instead of the \ stuff {that looks like this}? yes.

i thought this would go fast, but not quite this fast.

*** SPOILER ***

Simply put, when I bold something, I use <b> and </>.I saw your instructions on a recent post talking about the \ { editing and I didnt realize you could do that.

And as for the title (get ready for it)... to bold, I use 2 b's instead of 1 b. Ahem.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9437
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fun puzzle - I love the pun in the title!

Post Number: 1876
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hahaha! Of course, there's no way to tell how someone bolds something...I didn't know about the other kind! Very clever and fun :-) love the puzzle too!
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 520
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

::rimshot::

ugh... You're so punny, Visconti ;-)

I actually use a combination of the two -- not always the same... I learned how to write out HTML code, so I sometimes use the <></> tags, but I think the {} tags are a bit more efficient (plus there are some formatting things on the forum that you can't do with <> tags).

On another note, you can apparently mix them... In honor of Visconti, I was using <> tags to italicize, but when I previewed the message, it parsed my } as the end tag for the italics (and changed my </lowercase'i'> (that now fell in un-italicized text) into a }. Had to go find the thing about "escaping" in the formatting section to get them to be text... Ahh, computers.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3604
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use the html tag/angle bracket method. You can sometimes see a person's preferred method, when they make a typo in the formatting characters, making them visible. That's how I discovered there was another way, though I've not bothered to learn it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: