{KayleeTonksLupin} Removing the threat Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2011 » {KayleeTonksLupin} Removing the threat « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2361
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It wasn't what she thought.
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2200
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It = object? situation? event? statement? meaning of something?

Was "it" a threat? Did she think it was?

she = HAF?

Post Number: 2362
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It = object? This situation? event? statement? meaning of something?

Was "it" a threat? No, but it certainly was disgusting Did she think it was? she didn't

she = HAF? yes, and she is me, by the way. Although I don't remember if I was an adult yet then or not...maybe just barely
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it something you saw? touched? heard? smelled? tasted?

And you thought it was something nice? But it turned out to be disgusting?

Post Number: 2363
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it something you saw? this touched? heard? smelled? tasted? subsequently this

And you thought it was something nice? looked that way But it turned out to be disgusting? unfortunately. By the way, the "threat" was not the "it"...that's entirely separate.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think it was chocolate? And it turned out to be disgusting meat pie? (That happened to me once, yuk!)

Did you think it was something to eat but it actually wasn't?

Was it smaller than a walnut? Than a doughnut? Than a cheezburger? Than a loaf of bread?

Did someone give it to you? Did you just see it somewhere? E.g. on a table? Did you buy it?

Post Number: 2366
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think it was chocolate? And it turned out to be disgusting meat pie? (That happened to me once, yuk!) Not this example, but...(and aww, poor Doriana kitteh!)

Did you think it was something to eat but it actually wasn't? Not to eat...

Was it smaller than a walnut? Than a doughnut? Than a cheezburger? Than a loaf of bread? That depends, because I only took some of it. But initially, maybe about the size of a loaf of bread.

Did someone give it to you? Did you just see it somewhere? This E.g. on a table? On the kitchen counter. Did you buy it?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you didn't think that it was something to eat?

Did it consist of several smaller pieces? Did you have to cut it? To break it?

Was the taste disgusting? Or what it felt like in your mouth?

Post Number: 2367
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you didn't think that it was something to eat? It was something to drink. Or...it looked like it was, rather.

Did it consist of several smaller pieces? Did you have to cut it? To break it? No, I poured some of it into a glass.

Was the taste disgusting? Or what it felt like in your mouth? Both.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 243
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, I see...

There was a liquid (in a bottle?) standing on the kitchen counter and you thought that it was something to drink, right?

And then it turned out to be
oil (another stupidity that happened to me)? paint?
hot? cold? bitter? salty? sweet?

Post Number: 2368
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, I see...

There was a liquid (in a bottle?) standing on the kitchen counter and you thought that it was something to drink, right? yep, because...

And then it turned out to be
oil (another stupidity that happened to me)? cooking oil, yes! of course, I can read, but there was a reason I thought it was something different... paint?
hot? cold? bitter? salty? sweet? Well I THOUGHT it was going to be sweet...*grumbles*

Oh, also, no one's figured out anything about the "threat" yet.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it in an unlabled bottle? Or in a bottle that usually contains a softdrink/water?
Were you in a hurry so that you had no time to look at the label? Was it dark so that you couldn't see it?

The threat = an object? an animal?

Post Number: 2369
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it in an unlabled bottle? Or in a bottle that usually contains a softdrink/water? it was in an apple juice bottle. And it was the same color as apple juice.
Were you in a hurry so that you had no time to look at the label? Was it dark so that you couldn't see it? see above

The threat = an object? an animal? no to both...unless you iz considerz hoomin a animul
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 245
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the threat was a person? Or something a person did? Someone who was in the same room?

Post Number: 2370
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the threat was a person? Or something a person did? something Tortiesibling and mommee kitteh said...so I am removing the threat Someone who was in the same room?

Post Number: 2371
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: Mommee kitteh told me what teh Tortiesibling said, and teh Tortiesibling's threat regarded teh LTPF...
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 246
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay... did she threaten to solve a puzzle that you were working at?

Lemme get the chronology straight: Tortiesibling said something and your mum told you. Then you went to the kitchen (or had you already been there?) and grabbed a bottle of "apple juice" that turned out to be oil. Right?

Did you think you could remove the threat by drinking apple juice?

Post Number: 2372
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay... did she threaten to solve a puzzle that you were working at? Not that.

Lemme get the chronology straight: Tortiesibling said something and your mum told you. Then you went to the kitchen (or had you already been there?) and grabbed a bottle of "apple juice" that turned out to be oil. Right? No. The "apple juice" incident happened a few years ago. It was quite humiliating, actually...mommee kitteh put it in dere against tortiesibling'z wishez acoz "no one in dis howse wuld bee stoopid enuf tu drink it"...except teh persun who wuzn't in teh kitchun wen she did it, of course. Did not swallow it tho.

More recently, Tortiesibling made a threat about the LTPF concerning this incident and mommee kitteh told me.

Did you think you could remove the threat by drinking apple juice? Noez. lol
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, okay. I was wondering because you told me you had signed up to the LTPF just a few months ago :D

Did she threaten to tell everyone here and you decided that attack is the best defense and made a puzzle about it?

Post Number: 2373
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, okay. I was wondering because you told me you had signed up to the LTPF just a few months ago :D

Did she threaten to tell everyone here and you decided that attack is the best defense and made a puzzle about it?

YESHES. Is only one thing missing (which is why she said that) but is good enough for kaylee kitteh.

***SPOILER***

A few years ago, I was the unfortunate victim of a bottle of apple juice filled with used cooking oil, that my mom left on the kitchen counter at exactly the wrong time. I hadn't been in the kitchen when she filled it...but Tortiesibling had.

Tortiesibling pointed out that used cooking oil is exactly the color of apple juice but the mother dismissed it, saying "no one would be stupid enough" to drink it. Well...

And Tortiesibling got tired of my posting tortiesibling puzzlez, and decided that if I posted any more of them (or if I upset her in some other way) she would tell everyone about "the apple juice incident". Well...now she can't. So there. :-P

Gud job noel and doriana kittehz, yuo iz most awesumezt puzzel solvurz!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very naiz puzzel, mai dear Kaylee Kitteh (:
Tortiekitten (Tortiekitten)
Username: Tortiekitten

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just thought it would make a nice puzzle. She had made enough about me, that I wanted to make one of her.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: