(KayleeTonksLupin) What a coincidence... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2011 » (KayleeTonksLupin) What a coincidence! « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2505
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She introduced us, and we found out we were relatively close neighbours. Why was this surprising?

Us = we, She = someone else, all three H/T/F or very young H/A/F. True story from some years ago. I am one of "us"
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 302
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

us = 2 people?

Relatively close = same street? same neighbourhood? same city?

Is she a friend of yours? Family?
Is she a friend of the other person? Family?

Post Number: 2506
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

us = 2 people? yes

Relatively close = same street? same neighbourhood? same city? none of these, hence the 'relatively'. We live in two different cities, in the same region of CA.

Is she a friend of yours? this Family?
Is she a friend of the other person? this Family?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, let me think of some nice names for them.
How about Jessica for "her" and Kaylee and Sarah for "us"?

Was Jessica from CA as well? Did she introduce you when all three of you were present? Or did it happen on the internet?

Was it surprising for you? For Jessica? For Sarah?

Post Number: 2507
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, let me think of some nice names for them.
How about Jessica for "her" and Kaylee and Sarah for "us"? that's fine

Was Jessica from CA as well? no Did she introduce you when all three of you were present? well, not physically present in the same spot, but... Or did it happen on the internet? this

Was it surprising for you? For Jessica? For Sarah?"Jessica", or Cammie, was surprised to realize that "Sarah" aka Lily, who she had known before she knew me, lived so close to me...so she introduced us.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Jessica from the US at all? Or is she from Europe? Another continent?
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facebook relevant? Is it relevant where Jessica is? or lives?

Post Number: 2508
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Jessica from the US at all? noes Or is she from Europe? dis wun doriana kitteh Another continent? nawt dis wun
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she from England?

Would she have been surprised to find out that you both live in the US in general? Or is the surprising thing that you live relatively close to each other?

Post Number: 2509
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she from England? no

Would she have been surprised to find out that you both live in the US in general? no, she knew that Or is the surprising thing that you live relatively close to each other? this!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she from [insert LTPF list of European countries]?
Does it have to do with Jessica's concept of the geography of the US?

Yuo misseded Eli's kweshuns!

Post Number: 2510
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facebook relevant? no Is it relevant where Jessica is? not now or lives? yes, where she was at the time is relevant

Post Number: 2511
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she from [insert LTPF list of European countries]? Denmark
Does it have to do with Jessica's concept of the geography of the US? yes (thanx for the inspirashun doriana kitteh)

Yuo misseded Eli's kweshuns! iz gotz dem nao
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 307
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The US in general? Or the geography of California?
Did she think the US were smaller/bigger? California was bigger/smaller? Did she think your city and Sarah's city were farther apart?

Post Number: 2512
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The US in general? Or the geography of California? thisish
Did she think the US were smaller/bigger? California was bigger/smaller? smaller, I thinkDid she think your city and Sarah's city were farther apart?yes, in fact she hadn't realized they were both in California until I said something...
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 309
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you tell her something that involved the city Sarah lives in? And she then realised that Sarah's city is close to your city?

Post Number: 2513
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you tell her something that involved the city Sarah lives in? And she then realised that Sarah's city is close to your city? YES...actually it was like,

*me talkz about california stuffz, including the art and wine festival in Pleasanton that mommee kitteh wentz tu*

Jessica/Cammie: Hey Kaylee, you live in California right?
Me: Mhmm...
Jessica/Cammie: that's funny...I was thinking of going to meet this friend...
Me: Yeah?
Jessica/Cammie: Yeah, well, I didn't realize you were both there, so maybe you know her?
Me: Well, I don't know everyone in California, we're not tiny like Denmark...
Jessica/Cammie: Yeah, thanks a lot, rub it in...she's in this place called Pleasanton, don't suppose you've heard of it...can't possibly be the same place, she says no one would want to go there...
Me: Of COURSE it's the same one! It's less than two hours away. Seriously?!
Jessica/Cammie: Wow, you're practically neighbours!
Me: Well, compared to you, yeah!

So that's the ***SPOILER***!!!

Thanx, Doriana kitteh an evereewun!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: