[Doriana]'s biggest fear Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2011 » [Doriana]'s biggest fear « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 422
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was a child, my mum told me that the nowinylil. It was a scrund, but I took it seriously and was quite shocked.
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how old you were? How long it took you to lose the scrund? Was your mum teasing you? Or did she have the scrund as well?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 425
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how old you were? yesish, I think I was 4 back then How long it took you to lose the scrund? yope Was your mum teasing you? yes Or did she have the scrund as well? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 11259
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Nowinylil" - should that be considered as one word? An acronym? Anagram? Phonetic? A sentence?

Was the scrund about a creature? A person? People? Creatures? Animals? One animal?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 427
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Nowinylil" - should that be considered as one word? An acronym? this Anagram? Phonetic? A sentence? part of a sentence

Was the scrund about a creature? A person? People? thisish Creatures? Animals? One animal?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2781
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dead people? Living people? Historical figures? Fictional people? Real ones?

Cheezburgerz and kittehz relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 430
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dead people? these Living people? these Historical figures? Fictional people? Real ones? these - it's not about anyone in particular, but people in general

Post Number: 2783
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all the people of the world? German people? French? Spanish? Other Europeans? American people? British? Different races relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all the people of the world? probably German people? French? Spanish? Other Europeans? American people? British? Different races relevant? no

My mum said something about people in general, but was actually talking "about" me

Post Number: 2785
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm...ethics relevant? Good/bad people, or what makes them good or bad? Choices relevant? Free will? Some action you took relevant?

Food relevant? Something like my mother's favorite at mealtimes, "Finish your food, there's kids starving in (China, India, whatever, she kept changing it) who'd be grateful for what you have!"
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ethics relevant? noish Good/bad people, or what makes them good or bad? noish Choices relevant? no Free will? no Some action you took relevant? yes for svv of action

Food relevant? no Something like my mother's favorite at mealtimes, "Finish your food, there's kids starving in (China, India, whatever, she kept changing it) who'd be grateful for what you have!" no

Post Number: 2789
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nao i iz confuzeded kitteh :-( recat pleaze?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No need to be confused, here's a recap:

When I was about 4 years old, my mum told me something which I took seriously (and which she probably wanted me to take seriously). The statement was very general and referred to people in general, but it's obvious that it was targeted at me.

HINT: It has to do with a certain behaviour of mine.

Post Number: 2791
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a habit she wanted stopped? Like biting your fingernails? Chewing your hair? Throwing tantrums? Not sharing toys?

Were you not cleaning up your toys after you played with them, and she wanted you to? Something like that?

Was it something about how you interacted with friends or relatives? With your mom and dad? Aunts and uncles? Grandparents? Cousins?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a habit she wanted stopped? yesish - not stopped, but "reduced" Like biting your fingernails? Chewing your hair? Throwing tantrums? Not sharing toys? none of these

Were you not cleaning up your toys after you played with them, and she wanted you to? this too (; but irrel for the puzzle Something like that? yesish

Was it something about how you interacted yesish with friends or relatives? With your mom and dad? Aunts and uncles? Grandparents? Cousins? with lots of people

Post Number: 2793
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it's been nearly 22 years since I was 4, so bear with me =P

so it's something like not cleaning up your toys...was it more to do with toys, or not cleaning something up?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 440
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so it's something like not cleaning up your toys...was it more to do with toys, or not cleaning something up? No, it has nothing to do with toys or cleaning up. The "yesish" just meant that it's a habit that my mum found quite annoying. It's more related to interacting with people

Post Number: 2794
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh, ok. Sorry about getting OTWT there. hmm...were you overly shy? Or were you, on the other hand, an overly terrifying child? *grin* Did you like to scare other people, so your mum said something to scare you right back?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh, ok. Sorry about getting OTWT there. hmm...were you overly shy? definitely not (: Or were you, on the other hand, an overly terrifying child? I wouldn't call it terrifying, but keep exploring the "not shy" thing *grin* Did you like to scare other people, so your mum said something to scare you right back? no

Post Number: 2795
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bold and fearless? reckless?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 442
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bold this and fearless? reckless? no to rest, but there's a more relevant character trait

Post Number: 2796
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

curious? inquisitive? did you talk too much?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 444
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

curious? inquisitive? did you talk too much? this!!

Post Number: 2798
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

awww, doriana kitteh :-)

hmm, so...to prevent you from talking too much, your mom gave you a scrund to make you fear something?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 446
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm, so...to prevent you from talking too much, your mom gave you a scrund to make you fear something? yes

Post Number: 2800
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a fear of strangers? a fear of monsters? or something similar?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a fear of strangers? a fear of monsters? or something similar? noez to all

Post Number: 2801
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anthropophobia fear of people or being in a company, a form of social phobia?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 448
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anthropophobia fear of people or being in a company, a form of social phobia? noez
It was more like a "Did you know that ____" statement.

Post Number: 2802
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LTPF List of Phobias which are relevant? (link provided)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 449
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glossophobia - fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak. this one would be closest

Post Number: 2803
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she said "Did you know that___" and the "___" made you afraid? nervous? worried? about speaking in public? or speaking to strangers? talking when you were out somewhere with her? did you talk about inappropriate things? giving out your name? address? phone number? to random people?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 451
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she said "Did you know that___" and the "___" made you afraid? nervous? worried? all three of them about speaking in public? this, but not only in public or speaking to strangers? this too talking when you were out somewhere with her? this too... but also just talking to family members etc did you talk about inappropriate things? that too, see next answers giving out your name? address? phone number? to random people? Yes. I can't remember if I knew my address and phone number by heart back then, but I would approach random strangers and tell them my name, my mum's shoe size, where my granny does her grocery shopping etc. But the giving out information part is not so relevant, it's just the... quantity of talking

Post Number: 2806
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you sound like me...=P

Post Number: 2811
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so did she say that something would...cut your tongue out? split your tongue? if you continued chattering so much?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 452
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so did she say that something would...cut your tongue out? split your tongue? if you continued chattering so much? none of these, but she said that something would happen if i continued talking so much

Post Number: 2812
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that your tongue would fall out? or never stop moving? your face would freeze?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 453
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that your tongue would fall out? or never stop moving? your face would freeze? none of these - it doesn't have anything to do with the tongue itself
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11264
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the threat related to your voice? Your mouth? Your teeth? Are creatures relevant to the threat?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 454
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the threat related to your voice? this, no to rest Your mouth? Your teeth? Are creatures relevant to the threat?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11280
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the threat that your voice would get lower? Higher? Softer? Louder? Vanish completely?
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or did she say you would get an infection in your throat and not be able to talk for ages?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 457
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the threat that your voice would get lower? Higher? Softer? Louder? Vanish completely? this - you're almost there. She didn't talk about the voice, but something similar

or did she say you would get an infection in your throat and not be able to talk for ages? no
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 314
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she say something like people can only spend a certain amount of time talking in their entire life and if you talked too much while being young, you can no longer talk when you're older because you've already used up that amount prematurely?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 462
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she say something like people can only spend a certain amount of time talking in their entire life and if you talked too much while being young, you can no longer talk when you're older because you've already used up that amount prematurely? exactly

Nice work, everyone! Here comes the

********SPOILER********
When I was a child, I used to talk very much, even to complete strangers. To stop this, my mum told me that the number of words you can use in your life is limited (=nowinylil). I was, of course, shocked and probably stopped talking for the next two weeks (;

Post Number: 2826
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o mai poor doriana kitteh! but nao yuo kno iz nawt tru! :-D iz gud foar kittehz tu talk! :-) *givz vejitareun cheezburgur tu doriana kitteh*
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 315
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha ha, oh, man, my parents told me basically the same when I was little, so that's what gave me that idea :-)

Post Number: 2842
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*givz potato kitteh potatoz wit cheezburgur* :-D

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: