[Doriana] With a little help from my ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2011 » [Doriana] With a little help from my friends « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 719
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today, I was wearing jeans on a 1.5 h car ride. But as soon as I arrived, I changed into my tracksuit bottoms. Why?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 12406
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Comfort relevant? Did you need the tracksuit bottoms for some purpose? Relevant where you were going?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = Doriana? All "I"s refer to the same person, right? Is it relevant where you were heading to? Where you departed from? Was it a non-stop ride? Relevant? Assuming normal speeding, your departure and arrival spots were somewhat 100 km away, correct? Did you travel from one city to another? Or merely circling inside the same city? Were you attending a sports event? Were you performing some sports activity yourself at the destination? Is the type of the car relevant? Is it relevant your entire outfit? If so: while in car? after getting at the destination?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 721
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Comfort relevant? no with a tiny ish Did you need the tracksuit bottoms for some purpose? yesish Relevant where you were going? yes

I = Doriana? yes All "I"s refer to the same person, right? right Is it relevant where you were heading to? yes Where you departed from? no - from home Was it a non-stop ride? yes Relevant? no Assuming normal speeding, your departure and arrival spots were somewhat 100 km away, correct? Assuming German speeding, 150 km / 95 miles (; Did you travel from one city to another? yes Or merely circling inside the same city? no Were you attending a sports event? no Were you performing some sports activity yourself at the destination? no Is the type of the car relevant? no Is it relevant your entire outfit? yope If so: while in car? no after getting at the destination? yope
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1415
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, so true. A few years ago I was rushed by a taxi driver from the airport in Frankfurt at 150 km/h with heavy rain outside. But here I was considering the possibility of going through the streets of a busy city at peak hours :-)

The place you were going to: a public place? a private residence? indoors? outdoors? Did something bad happened to the jeans? Some coffee nicely distributed over them? :-) Were you going in a vacation? At some mountain resort?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 724
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The place you were going to: a public place? a private residence? this indoors? so, this too outdoors? Did something bad happened to the jeans? no Some coffee nicely distributed over them? :-) luckily not! Speaking of it, last weekend, I made pancakes and managed to get both Nutella and cinnamon on my jeans Were you going in a vacation? At some mountain resort? no to these two
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you the one who was driving?

did you change into your trackies to engage in a particular activity?

were you trying to keep your jeans nice? were you going into somewhere where jeans were not allowed? or would not be appropriate?

were your jeans damaged in some way? were they uncomfortable?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 725
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2011 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you the one who was driving? no

did you change into your trackies to engage in a particular activity? yes

were you trying to keep your jeans nice? yope were you going into somewhere where jeans were not allowed? no or would not be appropriate? noish - this does not depend on the place, but on the activity

were your jeans damaged in some way? no were they uncomfortable? noish
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the jeans get dirty during the activity?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 728
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the jeans get dirty during the activity? yes, with a tiny -ish, DOYD of dirty
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you preparing food? Beverages? Were you painting something? Could you perform the same activity in your own home? Can you do it in a living room? In a garage? In the bathroom? Outside?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 730
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you preparing food? Beverages? Were you painting something? YES! Could you perform the same activity in your own home? Can you do it in a living room? In a garage? In the bathroom? Outside?
You're almost there, now tell me why I chose those specific trackies?!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 12413
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they old trackies? Were they already dirty?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 733
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they old trackies? yes Were they already dirty?

Nice and fast work, guys! Here's the
********SPOILER********
Yesterday, we painted my best friend's new flat. I brought some old trackies with me because I didn't want to get any paint on my jeans.
(And this was a good decision since I got white paint all over me!)
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what a good friend! and thanks for the puzzle

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: