{KayleeTonksLupin} Oh...SHINY!!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2011 » {KayleeTonksLupin} Oh...SHINY!!! « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3378
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She figured it was a small matter, 'relatively' speaking, but he certainly didn't think so at the time...

She = H/A/F
He = H/A/M

Thanks to the Chatroom, I now have "shiny" on the brain...
Twilightseeker (Twilightseeker)
Username: Twilightseeker

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are he and she related? Friends? Coworkers? Enemies?

Would "it" be a small matter to most other people? To you? Would anyone else care?

Is general relativity somehow related?

Post Number: 3379
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are he and she related? Yesish Friends? No Coworkers? No Enemies? No

Would "it" be a small matter to most other people?Depends on their opinion To you? Since I'm "she", yes, lol Would anyone else care? If they were in his situation? They might

Is general relativity somehow related? Er...if you mean like a 'theory of relativity' thing, I don't understand it, so no. He and I are 'related' for a rather broad definition of 'related'.

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you had been male and he female, would things have been any different?

Is anyone else directly involved?

Post Number: 3381
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you had been male and he female, would things have been any different? maybe not, but I can't say for sure. We may be "related", but I do not know him personally, just *of* him...for a very good reason.

Is anyone else directly involved? yes, although the specific number is irrelevant...at least 3 other H/A/Ms and 2 H/A/Fs are most directly relevant, and I only know one of them, a H/A/M, personally, again, for good reason
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 954
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he dead?

Post Number: 3382
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he dead? yes!!

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he famous?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 951
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he a politician? Did he overreacted to something? At least in your opinion? Did he overreact to something having to do with family? Or did he overreact to something that caused his death? Can we call him Ronaldo?

Post Number: 3383
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Twilightseeker: Is he famous? infamous would be better

Mr. Coke: Is he a politician? if he was, that's not what he's known for Did he overreacted to something? hard to say At least in your opinion? well, I can see why he didn't like it Did he overreact to something having to do with family? family is irrelevant to one thing, but not the other Or did he overreact to something that caused his death? one might say that if he hadn't done what he was infamous for, he wouldn't have died the way he did...but that's not due to what he didn't like. Can we call him Ronaldo? you need to find out his real name, and Ronaldo is not it, but if you like, you may call him so for now
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 430
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did he think it was a big deal because of the views or culture of his time? and you don't because we see things differently now?

or because it affected him directly?

the 2 Ms and 2Fs affected you don't know personally - are they also dead?

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a criminal? A scientist? An inventor? Businessman? Criminal and something else? Is his profession relevant or well-known?

Was he clinically insane? Very eccentric? Are you insane?

Post Number: 3384
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did he think it was a big deal because of the views or culture of his time? it was just insulting to him. and you don't because we see things differently now? well, I wasn't the one being insulted, lol

or because it affected him directly? it certainly affected him directly

the 2 Ms and 2Fs affected you don't know personally - are they also dead? yes. HINT: one of the Ms and one of the Fs are related to me, (the F DOYD of 'related') the other M is directly related to him, and the other F is directly related to him. The M is my 3xgreat-grandfather, Henry Prescott Matlock.

Post Number: 3385
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a criminal? this and nothing else A scientist? An inventor? Businessman? Criminal and something else? Is his profession relevant or well-known? he's well-known

Was he clinically insane? Very eccentric? Are you insane? thanks ever so, twilightseeker...no to all

Post Number: 3386
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*slight blooper!!* BOTH Fs are related to him. They're sisters (but not HIS sisters)

Post Number: 3387
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*slight blooper!!* BOTH Fs are related to him. They're sisters (but not HIS sisters)

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was his crime murder? rape? arson? fraud? theft? assault? drug-related? other? multiple crimes?

Did he have close relations with these sisters? romantic? professional? were they related to him genetically (even though they are not his sisters)? colleagues? rivals? enemies? friends?
Did the sisters think "it" was a big deal? did they know about "it"?

Post Number: 3390
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was his crime murder? rape? arson? fraud? theft? this is closest assault? drug-related? other? multiple crimes? multiple instances of the same one

Did he have close relations with these sisters? yes, I think soromantic? certainly not professional? unlikely were they related to him genetically (even though they are not his sisters)? yes colleagues? rivals? enemies? friends? no to rest
Did the sisters think "it" was a big deal? the thing that offended him? they were more likely to think his crimes were a big deal, if they knew about them, which I forget...let's just say irrelevant did they know about "it"? I do not know, irrelevant

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was one of the sisters his mother and one his aunt? his daughters? grandmother and great-aunt? other relations?

Was he a burglar? a bankrobber? a pirate? did he rob trains? wagons? was he European? American? African? Asian? other continental origin?

Post Number: 3391
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was one of the sisters his mother and one his aunt? yes, quite so! his daughters? grandmother and great-aunt? other relations? no to rest

Was he a burglar? a bankrobber? this a pirate? did he rob trains? wagons? was he European? American? and this African? Asian? other continental origin? sure, he was an Antarctic penguin...just kidding =D

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

North America, South America? The US? If so, did he rob banks across the whole country, or just one area?

Is he Charles Floyd? John Dillinger?

Post Number: 3392
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

North America yes, South America? The US? this If so, did he rob banks across the whole country, or just one area? The Midwest

Is he Charles Floyd? ooh, well done, cheezburgur for Twilightseeker =D so...what was the thing that annoyed him? and, how am I related to him? John Dillinger? never heard of this one, but not him
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had someone cast aspersions on his prowess as a bank robber?

was the "insult" in the press? in a report of his crimes?

was he lampooned in a song of the day? a play or theatrical review?

was his name used sarcastically to describe something else? a certain sort of person?

Post Number: 3393
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had someone cast aspersions on his prowess as a bank robber? sort of...

was the "insult" in the press? in a report of his crimes? yes, I think so, it was a comment someone made after being robbed by him that later got attached to him

was he lampooned in a song of the day? a play or theatrical review? not like this

was his name used sarcastically to describe something else? a certain sort of person? no and no...but his name is important.

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it have to do with the fact that he was called "Pretty Boy" Floyd?

Post Number: 3394
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it have to do with the fact that he was called "Pretty Boy" Floyd?
dingdingding...we have a winner!!!!!!!!!

I'll just have the ***SPOILER*** here.

Charles Arthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd (February 3, 1904 - October 22, 1934) was a notorious bank robber in the American Midwest. He earned the moniker because, according to one account, a bank payroll master described him as "a mere boy a pretty boy with apple cheeks." Other accounts say he earned the name from female admirers.

He was the son of Walter Floyd and Mamie Echols. Mamie Echols happened to be the sister of Julia Mae Echols, second wife of Henry Prescott Matlock (he was 48 and met the 18 year old as he was driving his horse and buggy around the county. His first wife, Malinda Adeline Fine, had died, leaving him with his children Hugh Fines Matlock and Beulah Tantha Matlock (Unless she was Julia's daughter by Henry...not sure.)

Hugh Fines Matlock is my great-great-grandfather, and so I'm distantly connected, but not blood related, to Charles Arthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd. And so is my Tortiesibling, of course, acos of being sibling. *hugs Tortiekitten*

Post Number: 131
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So was is the "small matter" thing anyway? His nickname?

Post Number: 3395
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol, yes, exactly.

Post Number: 132
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice puzzle. Interesting to be vaguely related to an infamous criminal like him.

Post Number: 3396
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, it is. =) thank you for working so hard on my puzzle!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 12795
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Darn homework, taking me away from puzzles...

Post Number: 3397
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still have one next to yours which needs solving...
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3392
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting puzzle.

Lots of gangsters were given nicknames that were insulting to them . People such as George "Baby Face" Nelson , Ben "Bugsy" Segal & Al "Scarface" Capone were known to detest their nicknames and became enraged on hearing them.

Post Number: 3399
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, at least Capone's nickname made him sound a bit more frightening. The others, not so much. *grin*

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: