[Dukhsan] Reversed Polarity Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2011 » [Dukhsan] Reversed Polarity « Previous Next »

Dukhsan (Dukhsan)
Username: Dukhsan

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On one of the happiest days of his life, what normally gave him life instead gave him death. Explain.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 12853
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All "his"/"him" - the same? H? A? M?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All "his"/"him" - the same? Yes. H? A? M? Yes to all.
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he die at the relevant day? Did anothr relevant person?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he die at the relevant day? Yes. Did another relevant person? No.
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 550
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What normally gave him life: Blood? Oxygen? Food? Something to drink? Sleep? Any organ of his? Either of both of his parents? Anything or anyone he considered "worth living for"?

Is it one of his happiest days because he got married? Or engaged? Or because he learned that the person he loves loves him back? Did he become a father? Did he have significant success in school/college/his job/sports/any other hobby of his?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 551
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or "giving him life" = "making him feel that he's alive"? Adrenaline? Was he bungee jumping or anything like that?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What normally gave him life: Blood? Yes, this one. Oxygen? Food? Something to drink? Sleep? Any organ of his? Either of both of his parents? Anything or anyone he considered "worth living for"?

Is it one of his happiest days because he got married? Yes, this. Or engaged? Or because he learned that the person he loves loves him back? Did he become a father? Did he have significant success in school/college/his job/sports/any other hobby of his?

I hope these new puzzles aren't too easy...
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What normally gave him life: Blood? Yes, this one. Oxygen? Food? Something to drink? Sleep? Any organ of his? Either of both of his parents? Anything or anyone he considered "worth living for"?

Is it one of his happiest days because he got married? Yes, this. Or engaged? Or because he learned that the person he loves loves him back? Did he become a father? Did he have significant success in school/college/his job/sports/any other hobby of his?

I hope these new puzzles aren't too easy...
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he poisoned? Was he sick? Was something wrong with his heart? With his blood itself? Clogged arteries relevant?

I hope these new puzzles aren't too easy... Don't worry. I'm not sure if I've seen all of them so far, but as far as I can tell, they're just fine :-)
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 758
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it happen on the very day of his marriage? Or the wedding anniversary?
Could it have happened on the other day?
Is it connected with typical marriage/wedding situations/traditions?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 457
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did blood kill him? his own? someone else's?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 458
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did he drown in blood? did he swallow or inhale blood? was his blood poisoned?

was he hit on the head by a bottle of blood? did a vehicle from the blood transfusion service run him down?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it happen on the very day of his marriage? Yes. Or the wedding anniversary? No.
Could it have happened on the other day? In theory, yes.
Is it connected with typical marriage/wedding situations/traditions? No.

did blood kill him? Yes. his own? Yes. someone else's? No.

did he drown in blood? Yes. did he swallow or inhale blood? Due to the former, yes. was his blood poisoned? No.

was he hit on the head by a bottle of blood? did a vehicle from the blood transfusion service run him down? Neither.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 12871
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did his lungs fill with blood? Was he cut? Did he suffer internal bleeding?

Was the blood caused by force? Blunt? Sharp?
Twilightseeker (Twilightseeker)
Username: Twilightseeker

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he bathing in blood?
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3394
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha I think I know this....

Was he a famous historical figure?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did his lungs fill with blood? I think so. Was he cut? Did he suffer internal bleeding? {Neither.}

Was the blood caused by force? Blunt? Sharp? None of these.

Was he bathing in blood? No.

Aha I think I know this....

Was he a famous historical figure? Yes. You guys are good.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 770
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think I know this too...
Is the scene a topic of a famous painting?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the scene a topic of a famous painting? No? Not to the best of my knowledge...
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3395
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will keep quiet
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 12905
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a clue...

Did he bleed internally? Externally?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 773
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dukhsan: I emailed you the link to the painting.
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he bleed internally? Externally? Externally.

Said painting is not what I'm thinking of, I'm afraid.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 12938
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he drown in a puddle of his blood?

Was he shot? Stabbed? Slashed? Did he have any of his body parts removed? Torn off?
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he drown in a puddle of his blood? Yes. There's not much else to discern, other than how exactly this came to happen, MAYBE who it is.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 12949
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Duh, I knew this one, and forgot about it.

Attila the Hun! A drunken nosebleed!
Dukhsan (Dukhsan)

Post Number: 82
Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You got it.
********SPOILER**********
The most common explanation known for Attila the Hun's demise was his accidental death on the day of his wedding. Normally the sort of man who drank little at festivities, he instead chose to drink so much that he did not notice the nosebleed he got sometime during the evening. He was found drowned in his own blood the next day.

Thanks for playing, as always (:

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: