[Potato] Vresponse? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2011 » [Potato] Vresponse? « Previous Next »

Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 854
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read and my mistaken mind
It went all "What the heck?"
I've left the key for you to find
At places two (please write me back)

There's no need for you to response in rhyme
Just thought one up 'cause I've had too much time
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the mistake in the title relevant, or just a common typing error?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I have a mistaken mind
Let's see what question I can find...
Are the two places: countries? shores?
Or places that a man abhors?

Poor Shakespeare. Seeing me trying to do this, he would die again :-)
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 858
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the mistake in the title relevant, or just a common typing error?
YES, the error is relevant. However, I forgot an "e", which wasn't my purpose. It's supposed to be "VERESPONSE" (if a mod reads this, could you fix this, please?).

Since I have a mistaken mind
Let's see what question I can find...
Are the two places: countries? shores? No to both
Or places that a man abhors? No(although some people do abhor one of the places, but that's irr here

Poor Shakespeare. Seeing me trying to do this, he would die again :-)
Don't worry, I think your rhyme is better than mine is. But as I said, you don't need to respond in rhyme if you don't want to. I only created a verse because I felt like it. :-)
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 859
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aaahh, BLOOPER...

It's "versponse", not "verseponse", right? Then the title is fine as it is. I didn't forget the "e". Sorry for that.
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the places on scale small or large?
Are they rooms, or a vehicle like a barge?
May I [LTPF List of Countries] use?
Is it on a farm with a cow that moos?
Is place one smaller than a louse?
Than a mouse?
Than a house?
Smaller than a town?
Than a circus tent with a clown?
Smaller than a nation?
Than the world... getting impatient?
And if it doesn't bother you
Then answer the same questions for place two.
One final thing that I must know:
Are these places real or fictional, yo?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 862
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the places on scale small or large? Place 1 is small, place 2 is large
Are they rooms, or a vehicle like a barge? No
May I [LTPF List of Countries] use? No
Is it on a farm with a cow that moos? DOYD of "is"
Is place one smaller than a louse? FA
Than a mouse?
Than a house?
Smaller than a town?
Than a circus tent with a clown?
Smaller than a nation? Place 1: smaller than most nations, place 2: larger than most nations
Than the world... getting impatient? No
And if it doesn't bother you
Then answer the same questions for place two.
One final thing that I must know:
Are these places real or fictional, yo? They are real, with a small -ish
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 882
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You seem to be a little stuck
So let me help you all
The title error plays a role
I wish you best of luck
Yatin509 (Yatin509)
Username: Yatin509

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vresponse takes to We response?

Are you reading a letter? postcard? Newspaper ? Magazine? Book?

Did you wrote it?

You Received it from someone?

Any other person relevant?

Are the two of you chatting over net? sending letters to each other?

Is it like a message we leave for our family when we go out?

Have you hidden the key outside your house?

Somebody would need the key to open something?

Key means literal key?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 922
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vresponse takes to We response? No

Are you reading a letter? postcard? Newspaper ? Magazine? Book? It was the headline of an item in the "passengers news" on a screen in the subway.

Did you wrote it? No

You Received it from someone? Yope

Any other person relevant? Yes, in a lateral way

Are the two of you chatting over net? sending letters to each other? No to both, FA

Is it like a message we leave for our family when we go out? No

Have you hidden the key outside your house? FA

Somebody would need the key to open something? No

Key means literal key? No, second FA cleared
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The headline you were reading... Relevant in what language that was? English? German? Other?

Was there a spelling mistake that prompted a humorous (?) reaction?

If so, did the mistaken word count for a valid word? (like "hug" instead of "huge" or anything like that?)
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 923
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The headline you were reading... Relevant in what language that was? English? German? Other? It was in German, but the relevant word was English.

Was there a spelling mistake No, but OTRT that prompted a humorous (?) reaction? Yes

If so, did the mistaken word count for a valid word? (like "hug" instead of "huge" or anything like that?) DOYD of word. Explore.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the "word" an acronym?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 924
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the "word" an acronym? No, possible FA
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 926
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aw, nobody? Then I guess it's time for a

RECAP/HELP:

I read a headline but misread one word, causing me a "WTF?" reaction. The word I thought I read may or may not be a valid one, but the word that actually was in the headline was valid. I've mentioned the word I thought I read twice, at two different places, one of which is small, the other one large. You all know one of them very, very well.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 14100
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of the words "$p0yl3r"?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 927
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of the words "$p0yl3r"? No...
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4003
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of the places the LTPF?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 928
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one of the places the LTPF? YES!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 14204
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you mention the misreading in a puzzle?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 929
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you mention the misreading in a puzzle? Yes - I mentioned the word that I thought I read, but not the word that actually was in the headline.
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to ask about the context of the headline?

Was it a headline about news?
current events?
sports?
advertisements?
other?

I can read basic German; will this help me?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 930
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to ask about the context of the headline? It'd definitely help.

Was it a headline about news? Yes
current events? Yesish
sports? No
advertisements? No
other? DOYD of other

I can read basic German; will this help me? Not really. The word that actually was in the headline is the same in German as it is in English and the word I thought I read is not a valid German word.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4202
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cheeseburger? should be Kaseburger...or cheezburgur =D
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 931
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2011 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cheeseburger? lol, no xD should be Kaseburger...or cheezburgur =D Neither of those
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 14553
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a response to something relevant? To the headline?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4289
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o well, maybe kaylee kitteh wins prize for best alternative ansur? =D
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2011 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Potato

I've placed this puzzle in Limbo for now . You can reactivate it by answering any outstanding questions.
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 932
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

******* SPOILER *******

Not intending to be a spoilsport (oh, the pun) but since I haven't gotten around to go here for a longer time and seeing that I probably won't get to be here often in the future, either, I've decided to give you the solution to this. I admit that this probably requires too much knowledge of me which wouldn't be fair to most of you.

The headline I misread was "Neue Domain-Endungen" ("New Domain Endings"), referring to newly introduced endings of URLS. However, I misread the word "Domain" and made "Domian" out of it. Domian is a German TV/radio show and at first I thought that the headline was talking about the show ending differently in the future but the entire thing actually didn't make much sense to me and upon reading the headline for a second time, I realized my error.

You may or may not remember my puzzle "Brazenness" from April this year (place one) of which Domian (the key) was part of the solution. Domian is also listed as one of my favorite shows on my Facebook (place two).
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15365
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good one, Potato; hope you get to stop by every so often!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: