(Yatin509) LTPF Family Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2011 » (Yatin509) LTPF Family « Previous Next »

Yatin509 (Yatin509)
Username: Yatin509

Post Number: 120
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 6:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was very new to the forum I thought I was different in puzzles than you people but After trying to solve some more puzzles I found you and me were same in writing puzzles

Why did I thought so?
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3522
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with use of aconyms or abbreviations ?

Or is it something in common that puzzles are based on e.g. real life situations that the host has personally experienced?

Did you think all puzzles would be of the "man lies dead in a field" variety

Is the fact that we have many different puzzle types like Rulebreakers, Neologistics & Idiomuzzles relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 1684
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is langage relevant?
Are any of the informal "rules" of puzzle play we use relevant?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Peter365, I think with these type questions my puzzle won't last for long

Anything to do with use of aconyms or abbreviations ? No

Or is it something in common that puzzles are based on e.g. real life situations that the host has personally experienced? Yope

Did you think all puzzles would be of the "man lies dead in a field" variety? Yope

Is the fact that we have many different puzzle types like Rulebreakers, Neologistics & Idiomuzzles relevant? No

Hi Vesica

Is langage relevant? You mean language right then no otherwise please first tell me the meaning of langage
Are any of the informal "rules" of puzzle play we use relevant? No
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1690
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sort of meant the broad umbrella of "language" but here are some specific questions:
Is the language in which puzzles are posted (English) relevant?
Is native language relevant?

Did you think that ALL puzzles were based on real life?
And that thus, the forum members had unusually high numbers of deaths they were connected to?
Did you not realize that death is a very common LP theme?
Did you think the forum members were unusually morbid, with all this talk of death?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vesica

I sort of meant the broad umbrella of "language" but here are some specific questions:
Is the language in which puzzles are posted (English) relevant? NO
Is native language relevant? NO

Did you think that ALL puzzles were based on real life? NO
And that thus, the forum members had unusually high numbers of deaths they were connected to?NO
Did you not realize that death is a very common LP theme? I knew that death is a common theme
Did you think the forum members were unusually morbid, with all this talk of death? NO

Great thoughts up there but these are not what I thought
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1691
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The similarity refers to "writing puzzles", yes?
To clarify, you are refering to starting or hosting a new puzzle here on the forum, yes?

Did you think all the puzzles were drawn from published works of lateral puzzles?

The "you people" - those that were posting puzzles?
Those that were playing the puzzles?
Both?
All current active members?

Is age relevant?
Country of origin?
What time of day individuals are active or online?
Gender?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vesica

The similarity refers to "writing puzzles", yes? Yope
To clarify, you are refering to starting or hosting a new puzzle here on the forum, yes?
yes
Did you think all the puzzles were drawn from published works of lateral puzzles? Why would I think so? NO

The "you people" - those that were posting puzzles?
Those that were playing the puzzles?
Both? this
All current active members?

Is age relevant? no
Country of origin? no
What time of day individuals are active or online? great thought but no
Gender?no
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are common sources of ideas for puzzles relevant?
When we chose to post puzzles?
When we chose to post puzzles in relation to when older puzzles are solved?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Vesica

Are common sources of ideas for puzzles relevant? Yes!!
When we to post puzzles? no
When we chose to post puzzles in relation to when older puzzles are solved? no
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1704
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Odd news?
The website "News of the Weird"?
Some other website?
Stupid criminal stories?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Vessica

Odd news?
The website "News of the Weird"?
Some other website?
Stupid criminal stories? Yes to all

But why ,what did I do when I was new to the forum?What it made me think?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you Googling elements of the puzzles?

Also, Yatin - I am trying, but sometimes I am struggling to understand what you mean. I don't really understand what you wrote - "But why ,what did I do when I was new to the forum?What it made me think?"
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Vesica

Were you Googling elements of the puzzles? Yes I thought I need to that but I didn't do that

Also, Yatin - I am trying, but sometimes I am struggling to understand what you mean. I don't really understand what you wrote - "But why ,what did I do when I was new to the forum?What it made me think?"

I meant that you need to find out that why did I think you people were different at puzzles. What did I do when I first came to the forum which made me thought you were different and I needed something to solve the puzzle. I know that this puzzle is confusing :D
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Friends I am bored with this one. I would rather post a new puzzle. Well most of the things were guessed by Vesica Anyway

***********************SPOILER**************************

When I came new to the forum I went to solved puzzles. There what I did was that I first read the puzzle and then simply saw the spoiler which was based on facts. So I thought I needed to know the fact before solving the puzzles. But when I tried solving I understood that the fact didn't really matter we could to reach to the fact without knowing it simply by lateral thinking. Knowing the special facts was not so important. Only simple knowledge is needed.

Vesica I give this one to you. You almost solved it
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah ha! Good idea for a puzzle, though it does show that sometimes the simplest ideas get really complicated during the solving process.

I will keep an eye out for your new one!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: