[Doriana] Getting cold feet Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2011 » [Doriana] Getting cold feet « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1960
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As a child I (yours truly Doriana kitteh) sometimes wanted to get married immediately. How come?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 14975
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know anything about the formalities of marriage? About what marriage meant?
Is the wedding ceremony relevant?
Is there a particular person you wanted to marry?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know anything about the formalities of marriage? no About what marriage meant? when I was three, my uncle got married, and my mum explained to me that two people get married "when they love each other and want to spend their lives together" - I probably didn't know much more than that
Is the wedding ceremony relevant? yesish
Is there a particular person you wanted to marry? no, good q
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 5171
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to dress up?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to dress up? no
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5173
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it something in the service itself? Hymns, prayers, exchange of vows, the ring, the flowers (did you want to throw a bouquet)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1964
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it something in the service itself? noish Hymns, prayers, exchange of vows, the ring, the flowers (did you want to throw a bouquet)? no to all
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 1964
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you want to marry your cat?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you want to marry your cat? no
Jvp (Jvp)
Username: Jvp

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with the honeymoon? The reception? Family or guests? Throwing rice? The cake? The champagne?

Anything to do with the pastor/minister/priest/rabbi?

Was it a childish notion of a way to 'stay' somewhere or keep someone from leaving?

Did you want to BE married... Have a "Mrs." as part of your name? Something else to do with being "grown-up"?

Could this puzzle be a scrund?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with the honeymoon? The reception? Family or guests? Throwing rice? The cake? The champagne? no to all

Anything to do with the pastor/minister/priest/rabbi? no

Was it a childish notion of a way to 'stay' somewhere or keep someone from leaving? good idea, but no

Did you want to BE married... Have a "Mrs." as part of your name? Something else to do with being "grown-up"? no - getting married was more important than being married

Could this puzzle be a scrund? not exactly a scrund, but some kind of misconception is relevant
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5183
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it matter who you married?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1967
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you want to marry a doll or anything else not human?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it matter who you married? no

did you want to marry a doll or anything else not human? no, or let's rather say "irrelevant". Which leads to a
BLOOOOPER - "did you want to marry your cat?" should be "irrelevant" too
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5186
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want lots of gifts?
Jvp (Jvp)

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it have to do with it being the bride's "special day"? Being the center of attention? Having a "court" of attendants?

The situations when you wanted this... did they all have something else in common? Were you at home? With certain family members? Playing a certain game? Was it at a certain time of day? A certain season?

Did you express the idea to anyone? Relevant who?
Were they amused? Confused? Did they clarify your misconception? Did they realize you had a misconception?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want lots of gifts? no - I was "lucky" enough to be an only child with no cousins, I always got lots of gifts for my birthday and for Christmas (;

Does it have to do with it being the bride's "special day"? Being the center of attention? Having a "court" of attendants? no to all

The situations when you wanted this... did they all have something else in common? yes! - explore Were you at home? not necessarily With certain family members? yes! - my grandma Playing a certain game? no Was it at a certain time of day? no A certain season? no

Did you express the idea to anyone? maybe, irrel Relevant who? if I did, it was to my grandma
Were they amused? Confused? Did they clarify your misconception? Did they realize you had a misconception? I don't exactly remember if I ever expressed it to my grandma so that I don't know how she reacted to it. But she probably realised that I had a misconception
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5190
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was this the same grandma married to your dear grandpa in the photo? Relevant?
Anything to do with photos being taken?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was this the same grandma married to your dear grandpa in the photo? yep Relevant? no - I was thinking about posting this puzzle for a couple of days, and today seemed like a good albeit sad occassion.
Anything to do with photos being taken? no
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5194
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it an excuse to call up all your friends? (I remember when my teddy and my brother's teddy got married)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it an excuse to call up all your friends? (I remember when my teddy and my brother's teddy got married) hehe, no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it the anniversary of your grandma's death? if so, I'm so sorry. but what better way to commemorate her than a puzzle?

did you want to get married to bring everyone together?
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 301
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to have a baby?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My condolences on the death of your grandfather. I loved the picture. You both have such wonderful smiles.

Did your grandmother tell you that something would happen when you got married? That you would get something?

Did you want to get out of going to school? ;)
Some other task?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you want to get married to bring everyone together? no

Did you want to have a baby? no

Did your grandmother tell you that something would happen when you got married? YES That you would get something? no, explore

Did you want to get out of going to school? ;)
Some other task? no to these
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 14999
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she tell you that life would be happier?
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 303
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she tell you that when you were married you could do something, like e.g. having seconds of dessert, or along those lines, that you were forbidden to do?
Jvp (Jvp)

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that you would be like her, or be able to be like her, in some way?

(i keep reminding myself it's about getting married, not being married.... Tough one!)

ride in a limo? a carriage?

dance on a dance floor? with a band?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1979
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she tell you that life would be happier? no, or maybe noish

Did she tell you that when you were married you could do something, like e.g. having seconds of dessert, or along those lines, that you were forbidden to do? no

that you would be like her, or be able to be like her, in some way? no

(i keep reminding myself it's about getting married, not being married.... Tough one!)

ride in a limo? a carriage? no

dance on a dance floor? with a band? no

HINT: "Tell" me something is maybe not the best word to describe what my grandma did.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15005
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she tell you anything? Did she show you something? Her wedding photos?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1981
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she tell you anything? well... she said something, or maybe "say" isn't the best word either Did she show you something? no Her wedding photos? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1986
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing something?

did she laugh? smile? pray?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing something? yes

did she laugh? smile? pray? no or irrel
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1989
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing a hymn? a wedding song?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing a hymn? a wedding song? no to both - explore the situation in which she used to sing it
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1992
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it a lullaby? was it a song she sang at weddings?

did she sing it to an audience? a congregation? just to you?

did she sing it to you to cheer you up?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you want to get married immediately every time you heard the song?

did you think if you didn't get married something bad would happen to you? like being stolen by gypsies?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1984
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it a lullaby? no, but close was it a song she sang at weddings? no

did she sing it to an audience? a congregation? just to you? just to me, got question

did she sing it to you to cheer you up? yesish, in a certain situation

did you want to get married immediately every time you heard the song? I think so

did you think if you didn't get married something bad would happen to you? like being stolen by gypsies? good idea, but no
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1985
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

* "got question" should of course be "good question".
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15019
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she sing it to get you to sleep?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1986
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she sing it to get you to sleep? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15022
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a children's song? A nursery rhyme?
Did someone get married in the song?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1987
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a children's song? A nursery rhyme? this
Did someone get married in the song? yope, explore
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5207
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it someone who didn't get married because she dilly dallied? Or she missed out on being married forever because of something?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it about someone who got married and was very happy? someone who didn't get married and was unhappy?

was it about animals who got married? the frog who went a-courting?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1988
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it someone who didn't get married because she dilly dallied? no, FA Or she missed out on being married forever because of something? no, FA

was it about someone who got married and was very happy? no, FA someone who didn't get married and was unhappy? no, FA

was it about animals who got married? the frog who went a-courting? no to these
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1998
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there nothing in the song about getting married?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15030
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandma add lyrics about marriage?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there nothing in the song about getting married? no, there was something about it in the song

Did your grandma add lyrics about marriage? no
The FA is about who's getting married in the song
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it about you getting married?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1992
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it about you getting married? yep!

You still have to explore the exact situation in which she'd sing the song
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15045
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would she sing it at a certain occasion? A special occasion? For a holiday? For your birthday? For someone's birthday?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 4878
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would she sing it to get your attention? As a reward? An incentive? Did it actually have your name in it? Did she mean it to refer to you?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would she sing it at a certain occasion? DOYD of occasion A special occasion? For a holiday? For your birthday? For someone's birthday? no to these

Would she sing it to get your attention? no As a reward? no An incentive? no Did it actually have your name in it? no Did she mean it to refer to you? yes

Keep in mind I said "yesish" to "Did she sing it to cheer you up", this might be helpful
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing it to you when something in particular had happened to you? something bad? when other kids were mean to you? when you failed a test? when you were sick?

when your parents had gone away? when you had to take medecine? when you had to do something you didn't like doing?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1995
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she sing it to you when something in particular had happened to you? yes something bad? yes when other kids were mean to you? no when you failed a test? no when you were sick? YES, and something else

when your parents had gone away? when you had to take medecine? when you had to do something you didn't like doing? no to these
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15050
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you had to stay in bed sick?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you had to stay in bed sick? sometimes, but I had a different "something else" in mind

You're really close, so here's a RECAP to help you put the parts together -

As a child, I sometimes wanted to get married immediately because of the lyrics of a certain nursery rhyme. My grandma used to sing it to me when I was sick or ____. It says something about "my" wedding, although I doesn't mention my name.

Now what's the connection between my wedding and the situation?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when you were sick and had to go to hospital? had to miss school? missed your friends?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1721
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the song imply that by getting married you will lose all the sorrow? That you will be queen, or something along those lines? Is it relevant the day when you'd be potentially married? The season? That on a wedding day the bride is the most important "guest" at the party?

Being sick -- as in having a bodily harm? Or as in being disappointed or in a bad state of mind?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when you were sick and had to go to hospital? had to miss school? missed your friends? probably in all of these situations

Did the song imply that by getting married you will lose all the sorrow? this That you will be queen, or something along those lines? Is it relevant the day when you'd be potentially married? The season? That on a wedding day the bride is the most important "guest" at the party? no to rest

Being sick -- as in having a bodily harm? this Or as in being disappointed or in a bad state of mind?

Rbruma's suggestions are close enough for me to declare a

********SPOILER********
When I had hurt myself (that's what I was looking for) or when I was sick, my grandma used to sing the following nursery rhyme
Heile, heile Gänschen
das Kätzchen hat ein Schwänzchen
Heile, heile Mausespeck
bis zur Hochzeit ist alles weg.

which loosely translates as
Get well, get well gosling
the kitty has a little tail
Get well, get well marshmallow
until your wedding it'll all be gone.

So of course I wanted to get married on the spot because I didn't want to live with my flu/bleeding knee/toothache for another 20 years!

Thanks for playing, great work! I'm about to post a new puzzle, make sure to have a look at it (:}
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice puzzle Doriana. The same saying is also in Romanian (bis zur Hochzeit ist alles weg) yet I failed to get the right connection.

But I still hate those moments when these words were being the heal-all remedy for all my problems, in childhood :-)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4461
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Apparently this doesn't appear in English (or at least, not in my region of America) so no wonder I was confused. *cuddles Doriana kitteh* But see, she agreed you were a kitteh! and a gosling. hmm. =) iz nice puzzel!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: