{KayleeTonksLupin} The buildings are ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2013 » {KayleeTonksLupin} The buildings are at their stations, untimely « Previous Next »

Author Message
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4573
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You open your eyes to find yourself in pitch-dark conditions. Proceed.

This is, at long last, Kaylee's LatVenture part 2.
Quovynyte (Quovynyte)
New member
Username: Quovynyte

Post Number: 789
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you feel anything in your pockets?

Is Part 1 relevant?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4574
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you feel anything in your pockets? You are in possession of 26 American quarters, (25 of them state quarters while one is dated 1985) and a note from Captain Jack Sparrow, though you haven't got any light to read it by.

Is Part 1 relevant? Insofar as plot goes, you may want to read it. It's entitled "How do we get out?" It is very long, though, LOL. To make a long story short, one of your objectives is to collect the remaining state quarters (we left off at Arkansas) but that's not the only point of this puzzle by far.
Quovynyte (Quovynyte)
New member
Username: Quovynyte

Post Number: 792
Registered: 6-2009
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel around where you are. If you can feel a light switch click on it! Or else feel around for a light source.
Doriana (Doriana)
New member
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2058
Registered: 12-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I smell anything? Hear anything? Can I stand up? Move around?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4578
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel around where you are. If you can feel a light switch click on it! Or else feel around for a light source. You appear to be sitting down against the wall of a rather confined space. Your right side is pressed against the hard substances this wall is made of, while your left side does not touch anything. Your head nearly brushed against the roof of the space when you reached into your pocket. In front of you is a hard, smooth substance, perhaps plastic by the feel. There appears to be some sort of closed compartment in it, as well as some sort of handle attached to the surface on your right. There are a couple of buttons/switches, but they don't do anything yet.

The smell permeating this enclosed space is sickly sweet, like cherries only more so. Everything is eerily silent. You cannot stand up, as you appear to be strapped in, and your movements are restricted. You stretch your legs and come up against the same hard substance, as well as a rug under your feet.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15248
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you reach the handle? If you have to, can you pull on it with your feet?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4580
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you reach the handle? Yes, is within hand's reach, at your side. Your feet cannot get anywhere near it. If you have to, can you pull on it with your feet? You don't have to - you can grasp it in your hand and pull it. It does nothing yet, however.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15255
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel the wall around the handle. Anything?

Try kicking the rug away. Or telling it to fly.

Look up. Anything?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4581
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel the wall around the handle. Anything? well, a few inches up from the handle, it suddenly indents a little bit, and when you touch that, it feels like glass. Interesting...

Try kicking the rug away. This results in you kicking the wall of whatever you're sitting in. Or telling it to fly. As you can't see it, you can't tell if that worked, but you don't think it did.

Look up. You do. Anything? Well, wherever you are, the ceiling's just a couple inches over your head. You can't see it, though.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3542
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you stop moving, can you hear anything?
So you're strapped into something...does it seem to be a chair? Can you feel any kind of clasp or buckle holding straps in place?
Press on the glass-feeling section, does anything happen?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15256
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Break the glass, if you can.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4585
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you stop moving, can you hear anything? Not yet...
So you're strapped into something...does it seem to be a chair? A seat, at least...it has no legs, though it isn't on the floor, either.Can you feel any kind of clasp or buckle holding straps in place? Yes, on your left, you find one in a crevice between the seat and something hard.
Press on the glass-feeling section, does anything happen? No, you get the feeling it won't move yet.

Break the glass, if you can. I'll treat that as a request to try to break it in any way currently available...It doesn't yield to pressure. You try swinging the bag of quarters at it. They bounce off and hit you in the head. Reeling a bit, you punch the glass, which doesn't give way. Now your knuckles are sore. Looks like breaking it isn't going to work.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15258
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you unbuckle the buckle?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3543
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems to me like you're sitting in the passenger's seat of a car - right side pressed against the car door, which may be locked since pulling the handle does nothing, held in place by a seatbelt, the glass section is the car window.

Extend your left arm outward away from your body to your left, see if you detect a steering wheel.

Then examine the closed compartment in front of you, that's probably a glove compartment, see if you can detect a latch anywhere on it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4591
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you unbuckle the buckle? Yes - you press the button on top, and the seat belt is released.

It seems to me like you're sitting in the passenger's seat of a car - right side pressed against the car door, which may be locked since pulling the handle does nothing, held in place by a seatbelt, the glass section is the car window.

Well done Ixoye (and by the way, how do you pronounce that? Icthys, like in woubit's poem about you in that one puzzle?)

Extend your left arm outward away from your body to your left, see if you detect a steering wheel.

Well, now that you're unbuckled, you can move closer as well, so you reach over the middle of the car and, sure enough, you find a steering wheel, the ignition nearby. There's no key in it.

Then examine the closed compartment in front of you, that's probably a glove compartment, see if you can detect a latch anywhere on it.

It is indeed, and there is indeed. Pulling the latch lets you open the compartment's door. You can feel papers, what seems to be a book or two, and a few other items. One seems to be a small flashlight on a keychain. No key, however, just yet.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4592
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*now is trying to remember whose puzzle that was, because I know it was about me and Balin and Ixoye...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15268
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you turn on the flashlight? If so, use it to look around for the key.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4596
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you turn on the flashlight? Yes - there's a squishy sort of button on the back. It's an LED flashlight. You push it and a purplish beam of light comes on, illuminating the glove compartment, as that's where the flashlight's pointing. If so, use it to look around for the key. You move the beam of light around the glove compartment, then the rest of the car. You don't see a key yet, but there are a few other things you notice.
Glove compartment:
1) The driver's manual
2) Insurance information
3) A rubbery-looking flat representation of the Cheshire Cat's head, upside down as you face it.

By your feet:
1) The floor mat/carpet.
2) A piece of paper with writing on it. It looks like one of those tickets they give you when you're parking in a public parking lot/garage and need to pay to get out.
Hanging from the rear-view mirror is a plastic (you hope) scorpion.
On the steering wheel is a leopard-print steering wheel cover. You haven't looked in the back yet.
3)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4597
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*curses enter key* =P *moves the 3 above the rear-view mirror bit*
3) An In-N-Out bag, naturally =)
Beside you, in the cupholder, is an In-N-Out cup.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3544
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cup have a lid? If so, remove the lid. If not, then it's already possible to view the contents of the cup, if any. Shine the light down into the open cup - is anything in the cup.

Also, pull down the driver's and passenger's sun visors and see if a key or anything else is stashed either above them or in any part of them.

BTW, thanks for the cheers, usually my mind doesn't move ahead that fast but today it's in gear. And I don't really ever pronounce 'Ixoye', I simply use it as a user name and email address. When I refer to it or mention it I usually just spell it out like eye-eks-oh-why-ee.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4599
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the cup have a lid? If so, remove the lid. If not, then it's already possible to view the contents of the cup, if any. Shine the light down into the open cup - is anything in the cup.

You remove the straw and the lid. There is a dark liquid inside, with ice. The lid has four buttons on it, 'Diet', 'Tea', 'RB', 'Other'. 'Other' is pressed down.

Also, pull down the driver's and passenger's sun visors and see if a key or anything else is stashed either above them or in any part of them.

There is a hands-free phone thing attached to the sun visor of the driver's side, and a mirror on the passenger side.

BTW, thanks for the cheers, usually my mind doesn't move ahead that fast but today it's in gear. And I don't really ever pronounce 'Ixoye', I simply use it as a user name and email address. When I refer to it or mention it I usually just spell it out like eye-eks-oh-why-ee. Oh, okay. =)
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3545
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search for an unlock button or locking mechanism and see if any of the doors will unlock.

Also, see if you can locate the knob/button to turn on the headlights (this should work even if the car is not cranked).

Then, see if there is any way to turn on the interior lights - check for a roof light and switch, or any switch on the dash that may operate interior lights.

Lastly, lift up both front floormats and see if there is anything beneath them.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4601
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search for an unlock button or locking mechanism and see if any of the doors will unlock. The doors have lock/unlock switches and ones for rolling down the windows, but they don't work because the car's not on.

Also, see if you can locate the knob/button to turn on the headlights (this should work even if the car is not cranked). Cranked? Pardon? well it's not turned on, anyway...You turn on the lights, nevertheless, and they reveal an empty parking garage.

Then, see if there is any way to turn on the interior lights - check for a roof light and switch, or any switch on the dash that may operate interior lights. You push the button for the roof light, illuminating the inside of the car. (BTW, I cannot drive, so hopefully all this is working right. If not, well, this is Gregory Coke Land, it has its own rules.

Lastly, lift up both front floormats and see if there is anything beneath them. You do. There's a cherry-scented thing underneath the driver's side floor mat...the kind of thing you get when you take your car to be washed.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3546
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allright, now that you have some light, check out the back seat...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4604
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allright, now that you have some light, check out the back seat...
You look into the back seat. It's full of stuff: a couple cardboard boxes with cans of Hawaiian Punch and Lipton tea, opened bags of pretzel sticks, Doritos, a box of Kleenex, and a pile of clothes. It looks like it'd be difficult to find anything back there, even if you were able to...

(or even if it were necessary, which it isn't...huh,the front seat is my mom's car and the back seat is my dad's =P)
Tortiekitten (Tortiekitten)
New member
Username: Tortiekitten

Post Number: 387
Registered: 11-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look back into the glovebox and examine the Cheshire cat head.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4607
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look back into the glovebox and examine the Cheshire cat head.
You do so. Upon closer examination, it appears to be attached to something wedged between the pages of the car manual.
Tortiekitten (Tortiekitten)
New member
Username: Tortiekitten

Post Number: 388
Registered: 11-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well get the key that I know is attached out of the manual. I actually know that it's her key holder.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4608
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well get the key that I know is attached out of the manual. You pull out the Cheshire cat head, which has the car key attached. I actually know that it's her key holder.Well, just because you're so smart, sibling =P Mine is my *house* key, though, but in this case, it's the car. In any case, I know you're going to bed now, Tortie, so sleep well. *cuddles and tucks in*}
Tortiekitten (Tortiekitten)
New member
Username: Tortiekitten

Post Number: 389
Registered: 11-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So put the key in the ignition and start it up!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15275
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something I don't think has been asked -- what gear is the car in? Is it automatic or manual transmission?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4609
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something I don't think has been asked -- what gear is the car in? umm...Park? Is it automatic or manual transmission? If it's a 2007 Honda CR-V in front, and a 1997 Buick LeSabre in back, is it automatic or manual? o.O Um...automatic, I think...?Although there's a thing to switch from Park to Drive and Reverse, so...define manual and automatic for me, please.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4610
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So put the key in the ignition and start it up!
Sorry sibling, didn't see that. You do so and the car roars to life.

...It's a good thing at least some of you lot can drive, as I can't...=P But I don't know that we need to drive out of here, at least yet...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15279
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it has Park, Drive, and Reverse, it's automatic.

Can we turn on the radio? Air conditioning?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4615
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it has Park, Drive, and Reverse, it's automatic. Thank you, Balin =)

Can we turn on the radio? You do so. "Len Tillem, KGO...how come you're callin' a lawyer?" Air conditioning? Much cooler in here now, not that it was overly hot before. =)
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 54
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where is your destination?

Now that you have light, what does the note by Jack Sparrow say?

Can you find any other quarters in the car?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4646
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where is your destination? Your eventual destination is wherever Jack Sparrow is...but you're not going to get there yet =)

Now that you have light, what does the note by Jack Sparrow say? lol, hang on, I have to dig out my Part 1 for this:

"Dear Friend,

You should be able to make it through this place alive, I hope. You will find up to four doors in each room. You may have to find a different way out, and you may have to backtrack, but eventually, you will find the treasure.

Captain Jack Sparrow."


It may or may not really be Captain Jack Sparrow. We'll see...


Can you find any other quarters in the car?

Not right now.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4647
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And by the way, the good Captain lied...there were more often than not, *more* than four doors in the rooms in Part 1...but that bit probably isn't all that important now, lol. Maybe he is Jack Sparrow after all, since we can't depend on him to be accurate. *grin*
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3548
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you checked underneath the front seats of the car? Perhaps there's something under there that you may need.

Is there anything blocking the car that you're in from moving? Is the car parked in a parking space? Facing a wall? Near any exits?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4652
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you checked underneath the front seats of the car? Perhaps there's something under there that you may need. Under the seats themselves? You unlock the door, get out and peek under the seat, then look under the driver's seat. Nothing. Although on the floor in front of the seats you have noted:
A parking ticket such as the kind you use to park in a public parking garage
A cherry-scented air freshener
A bag from In-N-Out Burger.


Is there anything blocking the car that you're in from moving? You're facing a column in a parking garage. Is the car parked in a parking space? yes Facing a wall? Not a wall, but a column Near any exits? There's a sign pointing toward the exit, which is at least one floor below you.
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 66
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you look through the stuff in the backseat? in the trunk? look underneath the car, what do you see? can you pop the hood? anything there that's not supposed to be?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4653
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you look through the stuff in the backseat? not yet in the trunk? no look underneath the car, what do you see? dried up oil, a crushed pack of cigarettes, a couple stuck pieces of gum...ick can you pop the hood? no anything there that's not supposed to be? no, the car's fine...concentrate on what you've got, for now =)
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 68
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

inventory recap?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4656
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

inventory recap?
Certainly.
INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 26 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 25 state quarters, Delaware-Arkansas, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information

THINGS YOU HAVE NOTICED BUT NOT USED:
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is not empty
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some dark-colored, non-diet, non-root beer soda inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
Pile O'Stuff in back seat, unimportant at the moment: a couple cardboard boxes with cans of Hawaiian Punch and Lipton tea, opened bags of pretzel sticks, Doritos, a box of Kleenex, and a pile of clothes.

Hanging from the rear-view mirror is a plastic (you hope) scorpion.
On the steering wheel is a leopard-print steering wheel cover.

There's stuff under the car, but it's garbage and entirely unimportant.
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 69
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look inside the In-N-Out bag. What do you see?
Can you get to the floor below you and get to the door?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4661
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look inside the In-N-Out bag. What do you see? A cheezburgur. And some fries. The fries could almost have gone cold because they were ignored. *sad kitteh* But they're still warm (because this is my puzzle and I say so) and the cheezburgur looks very appetizing =)
Can you get to the floor below you and get to the door? Why yes, you can. There's a stairwell and an elevator nearby. =)
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 70
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the door. Is it locked?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4662
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the door. Is it locked? The door's open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15313
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eat the cheeseburger and fries.
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 71
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go through the door.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4664
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eat the cheeseburger and fries. Finally!! You eat the cheezburgur and fries, and find a drawing of a mitten and rabbit tucked into the burger's wrapper.

Go through the door. That accomplished, you proceed through the door to the flight of stairs.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15319
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the title any relevance?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4667
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the title any relevance? it has some relevance to where we are now, though not where we will be later.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15324
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we in New York? But I thought we'd gone through there already...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4671
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we in New York? But I thought we'd gone through there already...We have. We're not. Think laterally, not literally...

HINT: Concentrate on the poet, not the poem.
Alicefrosting (Alicefrosting)
New member
Username: Alicefrosting

Post Number: 77
Registered: 10-2011
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go down the stairs. What does the next area look like?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4673
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go down the stairs. What does the next area look like?

It's the ground floor of the parking garage. It looks like the other floor did, except for the fact that there's a gated vehicle entrance thing. There's also a doorway out to the sidewalk.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 344
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peek out the doorway. What's there?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4674
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peek out the doorway. What's there? A busy street, lined with white pine trees. A short ways away, you see a river, the water gleaming in the sunlight. A great bridge spans the river, connecting it to the city on the other side.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15330
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Crase? What does he have to do with this?

Are we able to drive around the parking garage?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4676
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Crase? What does he have to do with this?Well, what does Googlepedia tell you about him? The basics, not his whole life story.

Are we able to drive around the parking garage? Sure, although I don't know what good it'll do you just yet.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15334
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We're in Michigan, aren't we?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4680
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We're in Michigan, aren't we?
we are! =) care to share with the class, Balin? *has a feeling some of the others might have been confused by the poetry reference* =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15336
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Crase, who wrote whatever poem begins with the line that is the title of this puzzle, is from Michigan.

Good night for now...time to (finally) pack for the return to college from fall break.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4682
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

\i(Douglas Crase, who wrote whatever poem begins with the line that is the title of this puzzle, is from Michigan. indeed he is! The poem is called "An Elegy for New York", but elegy makes foar sad kitteh. Anyway, we are in Michigan (for now).}

Good night for now...time to (finally) pack for the return to college from fall break.I hopez you slept well, balin kitteh. *huggulz*
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4683
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Crase, who wrote whatever poem begins with the line that is the title of this puzzle, is from Michigan. indeed he is! The poem is called "An Elegy for New York", but elegy makes foar sad kitteh. Anyway, we are in Michigan (for now).

Good night for now...time to (finally) pack for the return to college from fall break.I hopez you slept well, balin kitteh. *huggulz*
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4684
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Crase, who wrote whatever poem begins with the line that is the title of this puzzle, is from Michigan. indeed he is! The poem is called "An Elegy for New York", but elegy makes foar sad kitteh. Anyway, we are in Michigan (for now).

Good night for now...time to (finally) pack for the return to college from fall break.I hopez you slept well, balin kitteh. *huggulz* sry about double postz...italicz nawt workin first time.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15340
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, the gated vehicle entrance thing -- is there a booth near it? If so, can we enter the booth?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4705
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, the gated vehicle entrance thing -- is there a booth near it? If so, can we enter the booth?
Yes, but no
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15420
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any buttons, levers, etc. in sight that might open the gate?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4706
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any buttons, levers, etc. in sight that might open the gate?

There's a sign above the booth that says "Pay Here", and a place to insert the ticket.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15421
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, back to the stairs and elevator...

How many flights of stairs are there?
What buttons are in the elevator?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4708
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, back to the stairs and elevator...

How many flights of stairs are there? too many for a poor Kaylee kitteh to climb =P
What buttons are in the elevator? B2, B1, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, R
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15423
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will we have to visit all these floors?

What floor are we on now?
On what floor is the gated exit?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4710
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will we have to visit all these floors?not at the moment

What floor are we on now? G
On what floor is the gated exit? G
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15425
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have we drank from the In-N-Out cup yet? If not, do so.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4712
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have we drank from the In-N-Out cup yet? If not, do so.
You do so. It's Dr. Pepper. (I like it). There's nothing else in the cup except ice, but there is something written on the bottom of the cup...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15427
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lift the cup up so you can read it without spilling anything.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4713
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lift the cup up so you can read it without spilling anything.
You do so. Written on the bottom is "John 3:16". Just the notation, not the actual verse.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15429
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang on, we have a parking ticket for the garage, right? Will that allow us to open the gate and leave? (Don't do it yet, in case we need to explore more.)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4715
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang on, we have a parking ticket for the garage, right? Will that allow us to open the gate and leave? (Don't do it yet, in case we need to explore more.)
It will allow us to leave in the car, yes. (We don't need it to just walk out, as there's a pedestrian exit.)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15435
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where's the pedestrian exit, again?

Could you give a recap of the parking garage, please?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4716
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where's the pedestrian exit, again? At the bottom of the flight of stairs.

Could you give a recap of the parking garage, please? Sure.

RECAP OF PARKING GARAGE:

The parking garage has an elevator and a staircase, and the elevator's levels are marked thusly: B2, B1, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, R. The car is parked on 1 (not an error when Balin asked "what level are we on now" as he did not say what level is the CAR on now, and we had descended the stairs, lol!) The bottom of the flight of stairs has a door leading out to the street, the "pedestrian exit".
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15443
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go out the pedestrian exit. What's outside?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4761
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what a week!!! Sorry!!!

You go out the pedestrian exit and find yourself at the street. On the other side of the street is a wide expanse of water, spanned by a bridge.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15554
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you cross the bridge? On foot?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4767
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you cross the bridge? On foot?

drat, I forgot to bold that last post. *sigh

yuo iz can cross. but iz no pedestriun sidewalk anymorez, iz dere but iz closed.

must drive across it seemz, if wantz tu cross. besidez is very long bridge o.o


Translation for those who don't speak kitteh, though only Balin seems to be working on the puzzle right now ~.^

You can cross the bridge, but not on foot. The pedestrian sidewalk is closed. It would be best to drive over it anyway, as it's a very long bridge. (But driving across it right now isn't going to help you, anyway...)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15558
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are all of the floors of the parking garage accessible? By elevator? By some other means?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4769
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are all of the floors of the parking garage accessible? By elevator? By some other means? in order: yesish, yes, yesish

Happy Halloween Balin!!!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15566
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, take the elevator to each floor and briefly describe it, please.

Happy (late) Halloween!
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 766
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for the sake of it, since everything else seemed to have something written on it, go get the cherry air freshener thingy and check it out. Anything interesting?

Is it the Mackinac Bridge? randomly, someone in my family helped build that -- think it was my great grandfather, but would have to check...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4816
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2011 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, take the elevator to each floor and briefly describe it, please. You do that. They're the floors of a parking garage. You're not allowed to go to the basement levels (they require special access, so I'll tell you right here you don't need to do that) and on Level 1 you notice a stray shopping cart near the elevator. Perhaps there's a mall attached...? There's cars on each level. You take the elevator to the roof, and find a sort of observatory there as well as some restricted parking.

Happy (late) Halloween! Happy late Guy Fawkes Day!

Just for the sake of it, since everything else seemed to have something written on it, go get the cherry air freshener thingy and check it out. Anything interesting? "Almaden Car Wash". Or whatever the car wash down by my house is called. The front of this car is my mom's remember...lol.

Is it the Mackinac Bridge? randomly, someone in my family helped build that -- think it was my great grandfather, but would have to check... Noez, do not think so. But plz check who built it, Kalira kitteh! =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15675
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the shopping cart.

Describe the observatory in more detail, please.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4851
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the shopping cart. You do so.

Describe the observatory in more detail, please. It is a gazebo with a telescope facing the river so you can look over the suspension bridge spanning it. The bridge runs from Michigan in the north, to Canada in the south. No, really, that's not a joke. =) It does.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15680
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any signs or anything on the bridge?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15684
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait -- is this the Ambassador Bridge?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4859
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any signs or anything on the bridge?
yes, but not terribly important, except that one you can see most clearly with the telescope informs you the pedestrian walkway is closed indefinitely

Wait -*doez*- is this the Ambassador Bridge?

yez! gud job balin kitteh!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15686
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, now that we know this, what do we do?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4861
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, now that we know this, what do we do?
o.O yuo iz teh wun directin me balin cat =P

anywai, I treatz dis as request for recat, er, recap, in hoomin langwich:

***RECAP***

You are participating in the second half of Kaylee kitteh's Lateral Adventure journey through Gregory Coke Land's version of the USA: (should I call this Kaylee Kitteh and the Quest for Captain Jack Sparrow's Treasure? =P) Anyway, you have ended up in Michigan, specifically in a parking garage overlooking the Ambassador Bridge, which spans the Detroit River and connects Windsor, Ontario in the south to Detroit in the north (yes, really).

Recap of Inventory:

INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 26 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 25 state quarters, Delaware-Arkansas, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is now empty
Drawing which appears to be of a rabbit and a mitten, but might be something else
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some Dr. Pepper inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener, marked "Almaden Car Wash"
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
Shopping cart (which, for the sake of interest, is red and has a symbol consisting of red and white concentric circles on it *cough*)

STILL IN CAR:

Pile O'Stuff in back seat, unimportant at the moment: a couple cardboard boxes with cans of Hawaiian Punch and Lipton tea, opened bags of pretzel sticks, Doritos, a box of Kleenex, and a pile of clothes.

Hanging from the rear-view mirror is a plastic (you hope) scorpion.
On the steering wheel is a leopard-print steering wheel cover.

There's stuff under the car, but it's garbage and entirely unimportant.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15688
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, so this is a Target shopping cart, right? (Though I'm not sure how that'll help us...)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4863
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, so this is a Target shopping cart, right? right!(Though I'm not sure how that'll help us...) I am never sure how Target is intended to help me either, yet the mother insists on going there. =P However, in this case it tells you there's a Target nearby, most likely attached to the parking garage...

The cart isn't empty, by the way. It has a few ads and such inside. There seems to be something underneath that...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15690
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK then, check out the ads and such, and remove them from the cart to see what's underneath.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4868
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK then, check out the ads and such, and remove them from the cart to see what's underneath. They're just ads for stuff at Target. =) The thing underneath is a leather wallet, rather worn though you can tell it was good quality, once.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15694
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything in the wallet?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4871
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anything in the wallet? You have one dollar, three quarters, three dimes, five nickels, and eight pennies. No half-dollars, but there's also twenty-nine bronze coins, seventeen silver coins, and one gold coin. That's odd...the last time you saw these coins, there were only two quarters =) Also there's an ID card, identifying it as belonging to Grand Master Gregory of Gregory Coke Land.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15704
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we have the Harry Potter coins, and the other coins, from your first adventure too, now?

Go to Level 1 and wander around. Is there actually a shopping mall attached?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4877
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we have the Harry Potter coins, and the other coins, from your first adventure too, now? It does look that way, doesn't it?

Go to Level 1 and wander around. Is there actually a shopping mall attached? You go back to Level 1 and wander around. Eventually you get to a sign that points you toward the mall entrance. There is indeed a shopping mall attached, and by the looks of it, Target is indeed the store adjoining the parking garage.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15711
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the store open? If so, go inside.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4881
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the store open? yes If so, go inside. You do so. Target has their Christmas decorations up. It's not even Thanksgiving yet...o.O The first thing you notice, besides the abundance of decorations, is a door nearby that has a keycard type lock.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15712
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lame, Target!

Have we got a keycard or anything similar?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4914
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lame, Target! I think Target is lame generally...=P

Have we got a keycard or anything similar?
I forgot to look behind the ID card. *facepalm* There are, indeed, other cards: a keycard, and gift cards for Target, McDonald's, and Starbucks. There's also an ATM card and a Social Security card, but I can't read what's on them =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15747
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, try swiping the keycard in the lock. Hopefully we can get into Target.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4918
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, try swiping the keycard in the lock. Hopefully we can get into Target.

You *are* in Target. That door's to some kind of staffroom or something by the looks of it, but anyway, you swipe the keycard. The door opens, and you go inside. Immediately, the door slams and locks behind you. There's no handle on this side. If that wasn't bad enough, the room went pitch-dark before you could register what was in here...
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 773
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pull out the LED flashlight and turn it on. Look for a lightswitch. If you can't find one, look around the room and see if there's anything of interest.

Good grief... there was nothing for several days, then I came back and there was an explosion of posts on this puzzle! BTW, what's with the Target hate? Don't think I've ever known someone who just plain doesn't like it. Plus, if you go to the other option, you tend to run into ::shudder:: these people.

Also, I was close -- it is my great uncle (my great grandfather's son) who worked on the Mackinac Bridge when it was being built. There's your random fact for the day :-)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4919
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pull out the LED flashlight and turn it on. Look for a lightswitch. If you can't find one, look around the room and see if there's anything of interest. You play the beam of the flashlight around. Instead of the Target staffroom you were expecting, you seem to be in a cave. There's a long, wooden pathway in front of you. It appears to be slick with some kind of slime, but it's your only way to go.

Good grief... there was nothing for several days, then I came back and there was an explosion of posts on this puzzle! BTW, what's with the Target hate? Don't think I've ever known someone who just plain doesn't like it. Plus, if you go to the other option, you tend to run into ::shudder:: these people. Eurgh, "Wal-martians", my grandpa calls them. Clarification: I don't like shopping with my mother, and since she usually wants to go to Target...Also, I suppose my issue is more with the fact that when she goes to Target with the intention of buying ONE THING (or a very short list) we end up in there for HOURS looking at NOTHING. Ick.

Also, I was close -- it is my great uncle (my great grandfather's son) who worked on the Mackinac Bridge when it was being built. There's your random fact for the day :-) Cool!!
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 774
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh, okay, I get that.

Hrm... slime... lovely. Should we try to use one of our items to keep us from slipping (fast food bag? shopping cart?)? or just head forward on our own two feet?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4920
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh, okay, I get that. Yeah. Ick. =( Except she can usually bribe me with cheezburgurz, or some other edible thing. *easily bribed*

Hrm... slime... lovely. Should we try to use one of our items to keep us from slipping (fast food bag? shopping cart?)? or just head forward on our own two feet? I don't think the fast food bag will do much to keep you from slipping, and the shopping cart will just make you slide faster. Any other ideas? Of course, you could always just take the plunge...=) I promise I won't kill anyone in this puzzle, at least not permanently (and not now) =P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15759
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose we don't have enough Kleenex to wipe up the slime...do we?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4925
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose we don't have enough Kleenex to wipe up the slime...do we?
No, because...

You try to wipe up the slime, but whenever you do so, a wave of more foul-smelling mud comes up from the lake at what now appears to be more of a jetty than a path, per se. The 'lake' appears to be made of mud. At least, you *hope* it's mud...the stench doesn't speak of just mud, though you're slowly getting used to the smell.

This is both a reference to the lakes surrounding Michigan (which I'm sure are much cleaner), and, more so, a literary reference (though not one about Michigan)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15760
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to walk across the slime. Take careful steps.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4927
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to walk across the slime. Take careful steps.
You try to walk across the slimy, foul-smelling mud on the jetty. However, you don't get very far before you fall down and slide into the Underlake. You begin to sink slowly, and have nothing to pull yourself back out, but as your flashlight beam plays around, you notice a shadowy figure wading toward you, and a bunch of leaves, like some kind of swamp plant, sticking out of the mud nearby...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15761
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to grab hold of the swamp-plant-leaves.

Call out to the shadowy figure. Ask who it is.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4929
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to grab hold of the swamp-plant-leaves. You do, and that seems to please the figure. He holds up a smoky lantern, and you can see his mud-caked form slightly better. "You'm not one of us," he observes. "From up yonder, you is. Come along, little skinny. Bring them leaves, eh?"

Call out to the shadowy figure. No need, as he's gotten to you already. Ask who it is. "Who are you?" you ask him. "Name's Willum. Bring'ee those tixy leaves, thank'ee kindly," he says insistently, staring at the leaves of the plant you're gripping rather than at you, and failing to offer you the rope in his hand, though you continue to sink slowly. "Just you'm get those leaves, little skinny."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15764
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that a literary reference?

Try passing the leaves to Willum.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4939
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that a literary reference? It is, from one of my favorite authors (after Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and JKR respectively; I don't think I've done a puzzle with this series before, though he has at least one thing in common with all three others, and one more in common with Tolkien.)

Try passing the leaves to Willum. You yank the leaves out, nearly overbalancing yourself in the process. As you do so, Willum tosses the rope...which ends in a loop...around you and pulls you out of the sinkhole, to a firmer patch of mud. "That's the way, little skinny," he encourages. "You'm lost, but old Willum'll get you home to his Jum. Just pass those tixy leaves over, now."

As you do so, he grabs one, breaks a piece off and chews it eagerly, his eyes brightening. "There's a good skinny. Come along," he says, beginning to lead you through the Underlake. The only sound besides your feet squishing through the deep mud is that of two socks tied together, filled with something and hanging around Willum's neck. They beat against his chest as the two of you walk, but he doesn't seem to mind, humming and whistling happily after chewing the leaves.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15765
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we still in Michigan?

Ask if you can have whatever's in the sock.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4942
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we still in Michigan? No. =P

Ask if you can have whatever's in the sock. You ask him. "Why, them's mudnuts, little skinny. Don't you'm be worrying now, you'll have your supper with the rest of us. My Jum'll feed you up right."

He continues leading you forward through the thick muck, until he gets to a place where smoke seems to be streaming up from the lake, and halts you. "Eyes closed, little skinny. Mouth closed," he tells you.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15770
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow him, closing your eyes and mouth.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4944
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow him, closing your eyes and mouth.
You do, and you sink down into the mud, which closes over your head. He leads you forward, and you realize you're being led down a staircase. "Eyes open, little skinny," he advises you, "though I'll lead you right, anyway."
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 775
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open eyes, continue following. Attempt small talk :-)

Are we in Aramanth, or somewhere within a land that contains that city? If so, I officially blame you for getting a song stuck in my head :-P
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4946
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open eyes, continue following. Attempt small talk :-) You open your eyes and continue following Willum. He's taken you into a room which is more of a round burrow, a fire built in the center with a smoke-hole in the ceiling, where you saw it escaping the lake. Pots are boiling on the fire, and a few more of the mud-covered people sit around...a woman stirring the pot, a couple more adults, and a child so mud-covered you can't tell the gender. He's too busy humming and whistling to talk to you when you try, but he does go to the woman tending the pot.

"Look'ee here, Jum," he says, and she stops to glare at him, scolding him for being out so late. Even the mention of mudnuts doesn't placate her. She only becomes interested when he mentions the 'skinny' he found out on the lake. "Come here, little skinny," she encourages you. "Pollum," she tells the child, "fetch'ee down some bowls. We'll be needing an extra one."


Are we in Aramanth, or somewhere within a land that contains that city? If so, I officially blame you for getting a song stuck in my head :-P I put the Underlake below Amaranth under Michigan instead, but we may very well come out in Amaranth, or somewhere, who knows just yet? =) Hurrah, we've read more of the same books. Out of curiousity, what song? =D
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15772
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go over and talk to her.
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 776
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, haven't read them... though now I have to :-) I'm a sucker for "young adult" fantasy novel series. That guess was just the result of some serious Google-Fu.
The song is this one -- no, I did not find that today; yes, I have a strange love of a random Finnish symphonic metal band whose original singer is probably the only classically-trained metal singer (the one in this vid is the second singer, very different singing style)... sometimes things just can't be explained :-D


Go over to Jum and eat if they give you food.
Offer them Dr. Pepper (but hope they don't want it, for Dr. Pepper is crack in soda form and we wants it all for ourselves-es).
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4950
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go over and talk to her. Before you can get a word in edgewise, Jum takes a bowl from Pollum and dishes up what bears a suspicious resemblance to a bowl of mud with lumps in it. A steaming bowl of mud. Despite the disgusting appearance, you *are* hungry...but you can't forget the horrid odor the Underlake was giving off, either. Come to think of it, what would make a lake so brown and muddy, anyway? Before you can think much on it, Jum gestures to the wooden bench by the fire, where the other two adult mud-people are already seated. "Sit'ee down there, little skinny, and eat up," she admonishes in a motherly fashion.

Go over to Jum and eat if they give you food. You might want to inquire what's in it before you eat it =P
Offer them Dr. Pepper (but hope they don't want it, for Dr. Pepper is crack in soda form and we wants it all for ourselves-es). "Would you like some Dr. Pepper?" you ask Willum and Jum, but they both decline. Pollum, on the other hand, seems very interested indeed. The other two remain silent.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15777
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"What's in it?"
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4953
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"What's in it?"
"Mudnut stew," Pollum pipes up cheerfully between gulps of soda (having taken you up on the offer of the Dr. Pepper, which Jum looks none too pleased about.)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15779
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try some of it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4955
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try some of it.
You do. Despite the wholly unappetizing appearance, the mudnuts taste rather like potatoes. It's rather good after all. Only after supper do you really start to think about how dirty falling into the Underlake has made you.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15782
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a mirror around? Look at yourself.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4956
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a mirror around? Look at yourself. You don't. But a good look at what you can see of yourself reveals your clothes are caked with mud. Your hands are quite dirty, too. You don't want to think about what condition your face and hair might be in. Willum, Jum, Pollum, and the others, who, Pollum reveals, are her (you finally figured that out when she spoke to you) aunt and grandfather.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15785
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there any obvious exit? Or way to wash up?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4963
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there any obvious exit? Only the way you came in. Or way to wash up? Well, Jum says Pollum can run the bath first, if you like. But it's too late for you to be wandering up out there alone, in the dark.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4964
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*Jum says Pollum can run the bath for you, if you like. (Sorry about the blooper...distracted typing)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15789
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 4:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have Pollum run a bath.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4968
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pollum takes a kettle of hot water off the fire, and pours it into a long indentation in the ground. The water fills the indentation, and she beams up at you expectantly.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15800
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gently enter the bath.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4979
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gently enter the bath.
You do so. Of course, since it's just a hole in the ground filled with water, it just gets more mud on you.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15804
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4983
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great. =P Sorry, balin kitteh. Am going by the book.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15806
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, so is this one of the Wind on Fire books?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4989
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, so is this one of the Wind on Fire books? as the great, and absent, woubit would say - exactly and precisely so, well done. Although as I myself, the Kaylee kitteh, would say: do you know which one? =D
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15811
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No; I've never heard of those books before now. Hopefully someone knowing more than I do, like Kalira, can swoop in and help.

I will keep hunting Googlepedia.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4992
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No; I've never heard of those books before now. Hopefully someone knowing more than I do, like Kalira, can swoop in and help.

I will keep hunting Googlepedia.

There once was a kitteh named Balin:
His puzzles I do tend to fall in,
That is, I'm obsessed
with lateral-ness (and tropes-wise)
Which installment will win?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5028
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

REFOCUS: You are in the Underlake of William Nicholson's Wind on Fire Trilogy (specifically the first book, The Wind Singer), and need to find your way out to continue on your journey. I have realized that not everyone has the same reading interests as the puzzle host, so it will be permitted to ask me questions directly in italics as usual, and I'll prompt you on your way.I hope that doesn't diminish the fun for anyone.

HINT: First Installment Wins. Now, you won't get anywhere 'tonight'...the morning is wiser than the evening, as I've heard it said.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15855
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to get out of here the same way that someone gets out in the book?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5032
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do we need to get out of here the same way that someone gets out in the book? Yes, exactly.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15857
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, having never read the book, do whatever the guy in the book does.

Is that cheating? I hope not... ;-)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5036
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, having never read the book, do whatever the guy in the book does. *snort* Actually, it's three main characters - twins Bowman and Kestrel Hath, and their friend Mumpo. But just as the three do, you go to sleep for now, until the next morning...

Is that cheating? I hope not... ;-) Well, it is, but I listened to you anyway...=P
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15863
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, wake up. Now what's going on?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5039
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, wake up. Now what's going on?
The next morning, you wake up to find the room's empty except for the grandfather. "You'll be wantin' to go back up yonder, little skinny," he says. "Everyone else is at the harvest. The Old Queen will tell you the way out."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15869
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Old Queen?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5043
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Old Queen? Yes. Basically, all the old women are queens, as they're too old for anything else. But the Old Queen is the oldest of them all, and she helped the three heroes on their quest, so she'll help you on yours. You might want to ask the grandfather where to find her.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15873
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do that then.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5066
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do that then.
"Where can I find the Old Queen?" you ask him.

"Out in the palace," he tells you, and leads you back up the stairs. You can see a building towering over the other mounds and smoke-holes around here, and there's a rope marking the path to the palace. Around you, mudpeople are working tirelessly at the mudnut harvest, numbering at least in the hundreds.
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 778
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Start heading towards the palace.

Stopped at a used bookstore this weekend and found a copy of The Wind Singer for reading assignment... didn't realize we'd be following the plotline at any point. For puzzle-y purposes, reading assignment postponed so as not to $Pø1| the fun.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5072
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Start heading towards the palace. You do so, using the rope to make sure you don't slip into deeper mud.

Stopped at a used bookstore this weekend and found a copy of The Wind Singer for reading assignment... didn't realize we'd be following the plotline at any point. For puzzle-y purposes, reading assignment postponed so as not to $Pø1| the fun. oh, come on, Kalira kitteh. *hugs Kalira friend* please do read! it won't $Pø1| the fun! sheesh, I can use all the help I can get here. =P I'm more worried about $Pø1|ing your reading assignment!
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 779
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haven't gotten a chance to start the book yet, but I will :-)

Stop and talk to any mudpeople who seem like they have something to say to us. If there's nothing of interest on the way, I guess we should arrive at the palace and approach it. Any guards?

Note of irony: Right as I finished writing that, the video game OST I am listening to (Chrono Trigger) switched over to the castle theme (Guardia Castle). I love it when those sorts of things happen :-D
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5127
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haven't gotten a chance to start the book yet, but I will :-) oh good. My apologies for not getting back to this sooner, Kalira kitteh!

Stop and talk to any mudpeople who seem like they have something to say to us. If there's nothing of interest on the way, I guess we should arrive at the palace and approach it. Any guards? They're all busy with the harvest, though as you approach the palace, you hear the crying of babies and young children. A mud-toddler stumbles out the door, and an old woman comes after the child, scooping it up. She gives you a friendly smile. "Hello, little skinny. Bit lost, ain't you?"

Note of irony: Right as I finished writing that, the video game OST I am listening to (Chrono Trigger) switched over to the castle theme (Guardia Castle). I love it when those sorts of things happen :-D *is most amused*

I have been getting absorbed in my Nook's copy of Miss Manners' Guide To Excruciatingly Correct Behavior. I am on page 310 out of 757, but so far she has said nothing about lateral puzzles or kitteh-ness. I live in hope that she will reveal if she likes cheeseburgers, though I fear not...she doesn't seem to be the type.
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 785
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask her to see the Old Queen.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5138
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask her to see the Old Queen.
"I'm looking for the Queen," you say. She smiles. "Why, I'm the Queen. Leastways I'm one of 'em. Queen Num."
"Are there very many Queens?" you ask, as she leads you into the palace, where many old women sit about, rocking babies, or else shepherding toddlers into piles on the floor, covered in soft mats. "Oh yes," she says, "all these women here, and more besides." Flustered, you rethink your words. "I want to see the Old Queen," you say, and she nods. "Ah, the Old Queen, is it? She's right over there. Come along, little skinny."
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16066
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go see the old queen.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5225
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go see the old queen.
Sorry! I feel almost like I've been run over by a truck...called the annoyingness of life...see Chatroom for details >.<
Queen Num takes you to the oldest of the old women. "There's someone here to see you, my dear," she tells the woman, a trifle loudly, and the Old Queen starts from her doze, looking at you.

"Ah, little skinny," she sighs. "Memories again, is it?"
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16203
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 4:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no idea what's going on anymore... or how to get out of here...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5226
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 4:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no idea what's going on anymore... or how to get out of here...*sighs at self* I'm sorry Balin =( Maybe I'm just not good at puzzles anymore...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16210
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't blame yourself; it's just been so long that I've gotten lost.

Can you please recap?
Kalira (Kalira)
New member
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 806
Registered: 2-2009
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-( there's no being sad in a latventure -- it's like baseball that way. I have actually read this part of the book, so I'll check it out when I get home and see if I can help progress our search for quarters. :-)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5240
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a recap? Holy kittehs, Batman...all right, here I go...

This puzzle starts off where my Christmas in July (aka Kaylee's Latventure 1 1/2) left off. That is, it got you out of Arkansas into Michigan. You found yourself in a hybrid of a Buick LeSabre and Honda CR-V in a large parking garage attached to a random Target, apparently somewhere in the Motor City (Detroit). This may or may not be an actual parking garage and Target, but if so it's completely coincidental.

Anyway, as of mucking around in the car your inventory ran thus:

INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 26 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 25 state quarters, Delaware-Arkansas, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is now empty
Drawing which appears to be of a rabbit and a mitten, but might be something else
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some Dr. Pepper inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener, marked "Almaden Car Wash"
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
Shopping cart (which, for the sake of interest, is red and has a symbol consisting of red and white concentric circles on it *cough*)

STILL IN CAR:

Pile O'Stuff in back seat, unimportant at the moment: a couple cardboard boxes with cans of Hawaiian Punch and Lipton tea, opened bags of pretzel sticks, Doritos, a box of Kleenex, and a pile of clothes.

Hanging from the rear-view mirror is a plastic (you hope) scorpion.
On the steering wheel is a leopard-print steering wheel cover.

There's stuff under the car, but it's garbage and entirely unimportant.

DESCRIPTION OF PARKING GARAGE:

You're not allowed to go to the basement levels (they require special access, so I'll tell you right here you don't need to do that) and on Level 1 you notice a stray shopping cart near the elevator. Perhaps there's a mall attached...? There's cars on each level. You take the elevator to the roof, and find a sort of observatory there as well as some restricted parking.

Inside the shopping cart, which is for Target, you found some ads and a nice looking wallet. Inside the wallet:

You have one dollar, three quarters, three dimes, five nickels, and eight pennies. No half-dollars, but there's also twenty-nine bronze coins, seventeen silver coins, and one gold coin. That's odd...the last time you saw these coins, there were only two quarters =) Also there's an ID card, identifying it as belonging to Grand Master Gregory of Gregory Coke Land.

Also, there was a keycard by which Gregory (or anyone with his card) could get into the staff entrance door of Target. This entrance led to a cave with a wooden pathway, rather than the expected Target staffroom. Who knew Target had so many secrets? Following this path deposited you in the Underlake from The Wind Singer, of the Wind on Fire trilogy. Following (for a short while) the events from the book, you have met the family of Willum, Jum and Pollum, and have been taken to see the "Old Queen" by Queen Num. The Old Queen asks you if you have come to hear about memories "again" - as this is what Num told her the "skinnies" wanted in the actual book.

HINT: The Old Queen can get you on your way. After that, you should end up back in the garage and looking for a specific car. Perusal of my "Between the lions" scrund puzzle from the archive should help you immensely, though the car in question is not the subject of the scrund but the other one mentioned.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16232
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...ask the Old Queen more about the memories.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 155
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And if that doesn't work, ask her how to get out!
I've never read the book, and I'm really really hoping it's not 'required reading' for this room =D
Peter365 (Peter365)
Moderator
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 91
Registered: 1-2011
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaylee

I'm trying to keep on top of the active puzzles page and while I'm sure you'll come back to this but I've put this puzzle into Limbo for now. You can reactivate it by answering the outstanding questions.


Hope we hear from you soon.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5369
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You ask the Old Queen about the memories. She recalls that the previous 'skinnies' who passed through here were two boys and a girl with a map of some kind. When she mentions that, one of the other Queens stirs as though remembering something, and hands you a map of your own. "Come, little skinny. It'll be just up this way."

Sorry about the long hiatus. Hopefully I have my head screwed on straight now and actually base the adventures on stuff I KNOW WHERE IT IS instead of books that POOF from my shelf at inopportune times.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16746
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow the map to wherever it leads.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 471
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the Queens for a quarter!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 472
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry if this is a double post, but my posts just aren't showing up today.

Ask the Queens if they have a quarter.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5372
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 4:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You ask them. Queen Num smiles at you. "I can't rightly say as I know what that is, little skinny, but perhaps if you check what you've got, you'll find it."

The recat...er, recap (Meow. =) ) is only a few posts up from here. =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 480
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*facepalm* Look at the extra quarter. I'm guessing it'll have the number 26 on the back and the year on the front will be illegible.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5373
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You look at the quarter. Surprisingly enough, it looks nothing like that...





Just kidding. Obviously it does. =)

Queen Num smiles at you, and beckons for you to follow her.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 483
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow her then!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5374
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You follow Queen Num, and she leads you across the Underlake and to the exit which will take you to the surface again. "I'll sing you on your way, little skinny. Our love goes with you." As you scramble up the stairs and out into the sunlight, you hear her singing behind you.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 487
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look for a Buick Skylark.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5375
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The parking garage is gone, as is the Target, but you are in a city once again - though clearly not the Motor City (or even its Gregory Coke Land equivalent). You see a battered Buick Skylark, faded brown in color with blistered paint, parked not far away at the Brandywine Shopping Center. You see trees laden with persimmons lining the street.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 488
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get in the car if you can. Are we in Florida? If we are, we can stop by my grandparents and get cheezburgurs and salmon!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5377
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are. (How did you guess? =P) But where in Florida are we? (And once you figure that out, how far away is it from your grandparents?) The car is unlocked, so you get in. You won't be going anywhere, though, until you figure out just where you are.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 491
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DeLand, Florida? And we are an hour and ten minutes away from my grandparents' house. Kayleekitteh want cheezburgur? Kyeannkitteh wil setul fur samun!

Pick some of the persimmons. Put them in the Basket o' Holding. Wait, do we have the Basket o' Holding? Do we even have the kittehs? *is worried* Pick some persimmons anyways.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 494
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chop up the persimmons and add them to the pesto, if you still have it.
Figures we'll be missing the pesto right when we could use it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5378
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How'd you manage that? Googlepedia, I suppose? Which is perfectly legal in this puzzle, so don't worry. Yes, it's DeLand - in fact, that's where our (mine and Tortie's) paternal grandparents lived last. Kaylee Kitteh would LOVE cheezburgur! Although soup would probably be betterer for a snifflysneezy kaylee kitteh! Umm...Basket O'Holding...o, dere it iz! in front seat! how clevur of it! =) and there is pesto sauce! =) *puts other inventorystuffs into Basket O'Holding*

You pick the persimmons and they join the rest of the inventory in the Basket O'Holding. You also combine some of the persimmons with the pesto sauce, for...persimmon pesto sauce. Okay then...well, you're calling the shots. The kittehs are there, having escaped from Tortie, and they have been joined by a Tortie Kitteh, since the real Tortie seems to have no time for puzzling as of late. The Tortie Kitteh has a blue collar studded with moonstones, and her ID tag is painted white with a red St. Andrews' Cross (or that general shape) with the Seal of Florida in the middle.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16760
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oversleep one night and already we're in another state...

Could you please recap the contents of the Basket o' Holding?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 495
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the persimmons looked like tomatoes, and tomatoes are good with pesto!
My grandparents could make you (wait for it, wait for it): CHEEZBURGUR SOUP!!! It has cheezburgurness and soup combined!


Make some very buttery popcorn with the magic popcorn maker for when I go to the Hunger Games movie on Friday *squeals*.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5379
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*follows Balin and Kyeannpepper's instructions*

INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 27 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 26 state quarters, Delaware-Michigan, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is now empty
Drawing which appears to be of a rabbit and a mitten, but might be something else (and was in fact a stylized drawing of Michigan)
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some Dr. Pepper inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener, marked "Almaden Car Wash"
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
The itteh bitteh kittehs - Tabby, George Washington (Calico), Maine Coon, and Tortie, the last with a blue collar studded with moonstones and a Florida state flag on her tag.
Persimmons
Persimmon pesto sauce
Magical popcorn maker with VERY buttery popcorn.
Map from the Old Queen.
(The Basket O'Holding seems to be recovering things from the earlier adventures...)
Cheezburgur soup.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 498
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Michigan does look rather like a rabbit and a mitten. Well, more like a Yorkie and a mitten. And this thread now has 201 posts!

Let's go in the shopping center to find the Florida quarter!

*nomz some popcorn* Bad kyeannkitteh. BAD! Wait for the movie.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5382
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You open the car door and are about to get out to go into the shopping center, when a '66 Corvette, somewhat battered but otherwise bright, shiny red, comes hurtling down the street and practically flies into the parking lot and into the space next to you. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't get out just yet...O_O Teh kittehs are understandably terrified...
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
New member
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1751
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure you know where the insurance info is just in case the car does something stupid. Also, stay in the car until the other driver leaves his vehicle. If he insists on staying in his vehicle, post and tell me so and I'll figure out what to do from there. Once other driver dude is gone, follow Kyeannepepper's ionstructions.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5385
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it's not your car, anyway *lol*. The insurance info is, I presume, in the glove compartment (why do we call it that, anyway? I've never seen gloves put in it O_O).

You look over at the other vehicle. That's odd. The driver is hooded and cloaked in black, his...if it's a his, you have no idea...face obscured. Kind of creepy, really. He...she? isn't leaving the vehicle, though.
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
New member
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1753
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Move to a different parking space, if you can. If creepy dude doesn't follow you, go into the shopping center. *
Would the air freshener blind someone if sprayed in their eye? If so, and if creepy guy follows you, take the air freshener and yourself out of the car and follow kyeanne's instructions. And take the quarters with you but hide them in your sock/shoe so creepy guy can't steal them. You are wearing clothes, right? Or are you naked?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5387
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You don't have the key for the Buick, so you can't drive it. You get out again and walk toward the shopping center. He does follow you. You can't spray the air freshener (it's one of those things they put under the floor mat after washing your car) but you throw it at him. It merely disappears amid his voluminous robes. They're eerily billowing, even though there's no wind at the moment.

You put the quarters in your jeans pocket, and get a good look at yourself in a nearby mirrored window. You are (at the moment, and I reserve the right to change this at any time - lol) wearing a shirt that says "Florida Tech", fading blue jeans, and worn brown shoes. You appear to be a young H/A/M, late teens or perhaps early twenties. You have dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5388
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and I'm aware you said to put the quarters in your sock or shoe. But the H/A/M isn't always that great at doing what he's told. =P
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 503
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AHHH!! DEMENTOR!!! *whimpers* do you have a wand? Then point it at him and say 'Expecto Patronum'!
I'm predicting a cat Patronus.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 509
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For a moment I thought we were Harry Potter (dementor, about 17 years old, doesn't obey very much, your username). Then I looked it up and remembered that Harry has black hair and green eyes.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5392
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*lol* Sure, why not. You have a wand. It's...hmm, vine wood and phoenix feather, 16 inches long.

But since you're not Harry Potter (you're more like 18-20 really), the thing isn't a dementor. It still seems to be chasing you. You manage a Patronus, but it does nothing to the creepy thing. The Patronus is in fact a kitteh. A rather fluffy one...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5393
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The young H/A/M wasn't anyone famous, exactly, although...
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
New member
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1755
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe he is allergic to persimmons? Throw one of the persimmons at his face. If he has an allergic reaction, run into the shopping center as fast as possible.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 510
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You mean the creepy thing wasn't affected by fluffy kitten cuteness?! This creature really IS evil!

Make some super-steaming extra-gooey caramel popcorn and throw it at the figure to slow him down with the heat and sticky caramel. Then, while he's delayed, make more, extra-sticky, extra-caramel popcorn and stick him to the ground.

If that doesn't work, bewilder him with the sight of persimmon pesto sauce!
I KNEW that would be good for something!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 513
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And as we have a wand, and are able to use it fairly well, say 'Protego'! and summon us a shield.
Attempt the following spells, in this order:
Confringo (attempt to burn the creature)
Aguamenti (attempt to drown the creature)
Confundo (attempt to befuddle the creature)
Furnunculus (attempt to cover the creature in boils)
Impedimenta (attempt to impediment the creature)
Incarcerous (attempt to tie the creature up in ropes)
Levicorpus (attempt to dangle the creature by its ankle)
Petrificus Totalus (attempt to paralyze the creature)
Sectumsempra (attempt to cut the creature)
Imperio (attempt to control the creature)
Crucio (attempt to cause the creature pain)
Avada Kedavra (attempt to kill the creature)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5394
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You throw a persimmon at...no, through him. O_O!
The caramel popcorn and persimmon pesto sauce covering his cloak just seem to piss him off.

The only one of the spells that seems to do any good at all is Incendio (which AFAIK is the one for lighting fires..."Confringo?"

The fire freaks him out and he retreats, but not far, before pulling out a dagger and threatening you with it.
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
New member
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1762
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Point the wand and say "expelliarmus" to disarm him.
If that fails, attempt all those spells in the reverse order, since maybe only the first one counts.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 517
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be asking too much for us to know which book we come from?

Wait. Is this Ombra, from the Peter and the Starcatchers series? And we're Peter? If we are, FLY TO SAFETY!!!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5397
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did I say we came from a book this time? If so, *BLOOPER*. The H/A/M is a real person...you lot gave him the wand. *shrug* But he's not as young as he was then...er, now. The spells do not work. The black thing comes from a book series, but you haven't got the right one.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 518
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You never said he came from a book, that was me having an FA moment.
So, are we allowed to know what decade we were born? And are we allowed to know what book series the black thingie is from?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5398
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1950's. And I'm sure if you think a little, and chase down some of my older puzzles, you'll get the other book series - it's my most favourite, though my second favourite provided my LTPF name.

So we're in DeLand, Florida, c. 1973...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 521
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

EXCELLENT! It's an LTPF seam! (or, to others, one of the rare times that a puzzle host and a puzzler are online at the same time and are able to answer questions within minutes rather than hours!

Hang on. Let me check.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 522
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ummm...Lord of the Rings? *can't remember even though I've been busy reading all the old puzzles*
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5400
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*waits* =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 523
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*guesses* (see above)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5401
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Lord of the Rings indeed =) Very good!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 525
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not really helpful, considering I haven't read it *cringes and waits for inevitable shower of $poiled cheezburgurs*
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 526
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it absolutely essential that we know who we are? I'm awful at history and Googlepedia research. Unless I have a very specific name to work from (like that mall). All I could find is some guy named Stephen Guarino, and he has blond hair. And was born in 1975.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5402
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You haven't? O.o Well, maybe you can still figure out the H/A/M...he's been mentioned in quite a few puzzles too, including this one.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5403
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I said, he's not famous. Except maybe on the LTPF.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 527
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gregory Coke? Of Gregory Coke land?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5404
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He's not an LTPF member. =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 528
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Famous only on the LTPF but not an LTPF member...that narrows it down. Your dad (we were searching for his car after all)? *is sure it is very obvious*
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5405
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that's right! so why is my dad fighting...the proto-Dementor whose name you haven't figured out yet *cough*Googlepedia*cough* and why isn't he going to win, even armed with kittehs? =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 529
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait. I was RIGHT?!?!?!?! Total lucky guess.

The Ringwraiths or the Nazgûl?

KayLEE, you do it like this: *wohicc Googlepedia* and that means the exact same thing! I just $poiled my neologism for that! Um, not to be nitpicky or anything.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 530
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And your dad can't win because they are 'neither dead, nor alive'?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5407
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 4:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A Ringwraith/Nazgûl, yes. One in particular, actually. He seems to have escaped the book.

(I saw that! But I wasn't sure how to use it in a sentence. Thanks! *stores 'wohicc' away to try to use later*)

Hmmm...it's not just that, no. =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 533
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They have attained near immortality as wraiths? They each have one Ring of Power?

Can you please tell me which one it is? Pretty please? *makes kitteh face* Remember, I haven't read the books. And I tried on Googlepedia. I really tried.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5409
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True, true, but neither one makes a particular difference. Isn't one of them singled out in the Googlepedia-ness?

Where's Balin when you need him???

And for goodness' sake, Kyeann Kitteh...read LOTR, or at least watch the films!!! They are made of awesome! =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 538
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I totally went to look them up on Googlepedia and almost typed in 'Ringwraith googlepedia' instead of 'ringwraith wikipedia'. This is what our shorthand does to your brain.

The witch-king of Angmar? Because of his sword that turns people to wraiths? Because he practices black magic? *sighs and expects to be here for the rest of the day except for when I go to church*

Balin, please heeeeeelp me! I haven't read LOTR! Kayleekitteh, I promise to check them out of the library and read them at the soonest possible opportunity.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5413
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, the Witch-King of Angmar...but there is a specific reason my dad cannot defeat him, which you haven't gotten yet. =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16770
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because "no man can defeat him"?

Throw the kitteh at the Witch-King and have the kitteh defeat him.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5414
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheezburgur foar yuo, Balin! *givz*

You do not throw the kittehs. But you tell the kittehs to attack! And attacked by the cuteness of kittehs, the Witch-King drops his blade and tries to flee...then vanishes in a puff of smoke. =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 539
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Balin!

Okay, now head into the mall.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 545
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and check the glovebox for any important information.
It's called the glovebox because in the early days of automobiles, people put gloves in them. You know, the days when people actually wore gloves. And not because it was cold. I did some Googlepedia research.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 546
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And by the way, about the whole 'confringio' thing, I just looked up Harry Potter spells on Googlepedia and got confringio.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 554
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And raid the witch-king's car for any information. That is his fine for terrifying us and the kittehs!
Yay! This puzzle is back in the 'Active Puzzles' section!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5417
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excited much, Kyeanne kitteh???

Rearranging these so that they make more sense:

You check the glovebox and find a driver's license that has a picture of a man who somewhat resembles you, albeit fifteen or so years older. It gives the name as Ronald F. Nield, birthdate September 27, 1953, the license's date as 1989. What? O_o Okayyy. You look in the pocket of your jeans and besides Gregory Coke's wallet which you put in there, you find your license which gives the same birthdate and name, but says 1973. Okayyy? Apparently this car's from the future. (Well, the future of this puzzle *lol*)

You break into the W-K's car, and find a license there too - it looks like one of those 'licenses' of famous/fictional people you can sometimes get at novelty shops. It says "Witch-King of Angmar: Born: Second Age, Birthplace: Numenor..." etc., etc. Rather amusing. Anyway, besides the blade which the Witch-King dropped when he fled (and which the kittehs are giving a WIDE berth) you find a sword (?!?!?!?!!!) and a shorter blade, like a dagger, that the kittehs seem to think are all right. You take the 'license' and the sword and dagger, but the blade on the ground doesn't look all that safe...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 555
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make more caramel popcorn. Fashion into a stick-like thing. Cover with normal popcorn. Touch the blade on the ground with the popcorn stick. What happens?

Kyeannkitteh likes lateral adventures!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 557
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To clarify the popcorn stick: The popcorn is attaching to itself with the caramel. Then, we put normal popcorn on top to avoid our hand/the blade sticking to the stick.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5421
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You make the popcorn stick, and touch the blade. The blade begins to glow with an unearthly light, and slowly, from the bit touching the blade and creeping toward you, it begins to turn black and disintegrate into ash. The kittehs are looking VERY worried now...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 558
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Throw the popcorn on the ground! Quickly! Then grab the kittehs, put them in the Basket o' Holding, and RUN FOR THE MALL!!!

See, this is why I made sure the stick wouldn't stick to your hand.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5422
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You do that. But before you can reach the door of the mall, a group of travellers consisting of four men (one elderly, wearing grey clothes (except his hat, which is blue), and wielding a staff, two men who look similar, with dark hair and grey eyes, and one with russet-colored hair and beard, the latter long enough to tuck into his belt) four which appear to be children, and the last who is tall, lithe and blond, dressed in clothes of green and grey, with eyes of piercing blue...he doesn't look quite human. He is carrying a bow and wearing a quiver of arrows strapped to his back; the short bearded man is carrying an axe, and the dark-haired men wear swords on their belts. The four curly-haired children are carrying daggers. The old man has a sword, too, along with his staff. This lot would've been handy when you were fighting off the creepy wraith, you think.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 561
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, they would have. But it is in the manner of lateral adventures for them to never have the things you would like right when you need them. And I'm guessing this is more LOTR? And no, I haven't been able to read them yet.

Ask them who they are, assuming they speak English. Show them the license (for the WK). What's their reaction? Show them the sword and dagger. What's their reaction? Tell them about your encounter with the WK. What's their reaction? Tell them about the blade on the ground and your popcorn stick. What's their reaction? Tell them about the waste of delicious popcorn due to the blade turning it into ash. What's their reaction?

If all else fails, show them the kittehs. Show them the popcorn machine. Show them the [LTPF list of items in inventory] in order. What's their reaction?

If THAT fails, try to go around them and get into the mall. If the doors are locked, [LTPF list of increasingly desperate ways to open a lock].
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16782
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm fairly certain we've just come across the Fellowship of the Ring. Correct?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5435
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is more LOTR. You are going to read LOTR or at least watch the films, or at least start, before this puzzle is through I hope =) hehehehe.

You ask them who they are, addressing the comment to the 'child' who looks the youngest. He immediately launches into this explanation:

"I'm Peregrin Took. Everyone calls me Pippin. That's my cousin Merry...Meriadoc Brandybuck. First cousin, that is, on my da's side and his mum's, being that Da's sister is his mum. Merry's first cousin to Frodo over there as well, first cousin once removed actually, as his Grand-da Rory was Frodo's Uncle, Frodo's mum being his sister and all. And Frodo's my cousin too, because--"

You get the feeling he could do this all day, but a rather loud "a-HEM" from the old man's throat gets a squeak out of the young one, and he mercifully shuts up.

"Thank you," the man continues, glowering below his bushy eyebrows at the lad. "My name is Gandalf the Grey. I sense you are a friend, you who fought the Witch-King of Angmar and survived; and a friend is unlooked for in these troubled times. I have with me eight good friends: Strider, a Man of the North, Boromir, of Gondor in the South..." The two similar-looking Men bow in turn. "Legolas, an Elf of Mirkwood, and Gimli, son of Gloin." They bow, Gimli adding "At your service and your family's."

Gandalf inclines his head. "And these four are Halflings of the Northlands. Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck have given their names. This is Mr. Underhill," The one indicated earlier as 'Frodo' bows, "and his servant Samwise. I would say more, but out here in the open...one cannot be too careful. I sense you are a friend, and I am scarcely wrong, but...one never knows who may be listening."

You present him with the license and the blades. They find the license more puzzling than anything else. Gandalf takes it and pockets it, puffing thoughtfully on his pipe. Aragorn examines the blades, warning the others to keep back. Boromir looks rather affronted by this, but a look from Aragorn silences him.

You give them your story. Aside from the 'halflings' grousing over the fact that perfectly good food was wasted, none of them has any discernible reaction other than confusion or worry. They seem content to ponder the issue for now, though all but the two youngest halflings, Merry and Pippin, are constantly on their guard.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5436
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I realize belatedly that I had Gandalf introduce him as "Strider" and thereafter called him "Aragorn". Rats. Mea culpa. His name is Aragorn, but Gandalf didn't give that away - I did.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 563
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THANK YOU for stopping Pippin, Kayleekitteh (it was you because although Gandalf stopped him, you caused Gandalf to stop him). My poor brain was starting to implode from all the family information. I had a difficult time remembering everyone's NAMES.

Make popcorn for everyone. See if they will come with you into the mall.

I will wait for Balin to realize the significance of the name Aragorn. Meanwhile, I will attempt to convince my mom that we should go to the library so I can get LOTR. The books. That will take less of my time, I think, besides, you should never judge a book by its movie.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16787
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Agreed with the last sentiment, Kyeann, but I do encourage that you see the movies as well.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5437
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*lol* Yes, they do think genealogy is rather important. =) Although I don't remember all that much going on about it in the books, per se...this is more how I characterize him when I write him. Which isn't often. *lol* Gandalf never said Aragorn, just me, so we'll forget that until you've started LOTR, shall we. =) *pleads with Kyeann kitteh's mommy kitteh to go to library*

You make popcorn for everyone...or, at least, you try, but Merry and Pippin eat about half of it. Sam's not far behind, although most of his share is being pressed on Frodo, who he calls "Mr. Frodo" or "Master". Gimli and Boromir watch in bemusement, Strider looks vaguely amused, and Gimli and Gandalf both have fond, rather indulgent looks on their faces as they watch the youngest two go at it. But underneath it all you can sense a worry for Frodo, as they keep giving him sidelong concerned glances.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5438
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*Legolas and Boromir, I meant. *facepalm* Should only be Gimli the second time.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 565
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't worry Balin, I will, I will. Any ideas on Aragorn?

Ask them if they have a quarter. If they do, yay! Onto Texas! If they don't (which I highly suspect), continue into the mall.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5439
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin should know exactly who Aragorn is. If he doesn't, he's messing with you. =)

You ask them for a quarter. This gets blank looks from Strider, Boromir, and Legolas, but as usual Pippin jumps in again. "A farthing!" The other halflings cheer up considerably at this. "You see, a Farthing's a Quarter, so a quarter must be a farthing," he explains. Samwise nods. "Yessir, Mr. Pippin, that does make sense." "You hear that, Pip? You made sense," Merry snickers, and Frodo manages a weak smile.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 566
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*Says Types with great hesitation* Can we go into the mall now? Or was that just an identifier?

Ask them if you can have a farthing.

Balin, help on Aragorn would be helpful. I looked him up on Googlepedia but nothing really stands out. Other than the fact that he travels with Gandalf. And the fact that he's the king of Númenor. I think.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5441
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You go up to the mall. It says 'Closed'. Well, that figures.

They search their pockets for farthings. Pippin gives you a silver farthing, which doesn't look much at all like the quarter you're looking for. Oh well.

In the meantime, Legolas seems to have spotted something. "Estel! Ethiro!" he cries, and Strider draws his sword, instantly on guard. "What is it, Laddie?" Gimli asks, but gets no answer and grumbles as the Elf and Strider run off. "Come, then, Lad. Ye might as well join us," Gimli sighs.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16796
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kyeann: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aragorn

Follow Gimli & co.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5442
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With a shrug, you follow Gimli. In fact, you overtake him, considering he's about half your height, but then slow down in consideration for him. "Thank ye, Lad, but I'll get there soon enough," he huffs, shaking his head as he jogs to keep up with you. "This weather's more than a poor Dwarf can take, I tell ye - makes a change from struggling up snow-covered mountains, with that Elf running ahead, flighty as ye please, though."

Legolas isn't running ahead any longer, though - in fact, he's stopped and drawn his bow, nocking an arrow to it. His eyes are narrowed, looking up as though expecting to see danger descending from the skies.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 583
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look where he's aiming. See anything? Try and see what he's looking at. Anything there?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5467
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry kyeann kitteh! rl stuff freaking me out, and running another puzzle (which no one besides ciaobella kitteh seems to be taking a stab at...=( also, FYI modly sorts, posting this from my desktop, been on my laptop for the last little while. Enjoying the shininess of owning a laptop for the first time ^_^ I'm not sure whether this affects my posts in any way but just in case.

You look up, and see an airplane high overhead. Perfectly normal sight, one would think...however...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 589
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

However... *coughs and prompts Kaylee to continue*

I'll take a stab at your new puzzle! You got a new laptop?! Cool! I've got a laptop but it's really my dad's and he can reclaim it at any time. Plus it's so slow. I don't ever really use it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 604
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the color unusual? The shape?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5481
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The color or shape of the plane is not unusual to us, anyway. However, they don't really have planes in Middle-Earth =) So...

Well, the halflings are running for cover, Boromir and Strider protecting them. Legolas looks like he wants to shoot the airplane (which is high enough not to look like it's necessarily an airplane, especially if you've never seen one...it could be an oddly shaped bird) with his bow and arrow, and Gimli looks like if it comes any closer, he wants to hew it to pieces with his axe. Gandalf is staring at it thoughtfully, puffing on his pipe.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 613
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tell them that the airplane is no danger to us (as in our character) or them (as in them).
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5485
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You try to calm the halflings and the Men by telling them there is no danger, and coax the Elf and Dwarf to put down their bow and axe. The Wizard assists you. Moving on, the ten of you encounter seven more Dwarves, all rather on the elderly side. The seven are all rather elderly, but quite spry, and the leader greets Gimli with a gruff nod, though he ignores Legolas completely. "Father," Gimli replies in turn, and he smiles a little.

"Father, you have met already my Companions, and Tharkun you know well," Gimli continues, nodding to Gandalf. "But here is one we have come across in our travels. The lad is young, but no less helpful for all of that."

"Hah! He should be back home with his mam," Gloin mutters dismissively, eyeing you. "A mere beardling." For all he is two feet shorter than you are, he rather unnerves you. "Well, well. If you are a friend of my son, I shall not judge you," he begins, earning a snort from Legolas. "I shall not judge you, but I admit you do seem rather young. Glóin son of Gróin at your service.

May I make known to you Dwalin, son of Fundin my father's elder brother. Also our kinsmen Dori and Nori, and our friends Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur." The Dwarves each bowed - Bombur, being quite fat, found this difficult - offering their service in turn. Ordinarily, Dwalin would likely be the leader of this group considering his seniority, but he's got some troubles, shall we say, that led him to defer to Gloin. Also, it is completely not my fault that there are seven Dwarves. There were originally 13, with three dying in the last book and three taking off to...well, you'll have to read LOTR, won't you? =P
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5486
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And frankly, Gloin would have the same trouble if his son weren't in this group. But anyway. Yes, yes, *read LOTR, Kyeann kitteh.* =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16888
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So am I in this group anywhere?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5488
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, but your brother is. *points to Dwalin* You're elsewhere with a couple of the others, remember?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 620
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the entire rest of the puzzle based on LOTR? Going to try and check out the books at the library tomorrow.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5492
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We'll see...they seem to have sneaked in and taken over the puzzle at least for now. *eyes LOTR characters warily* I may be able to leave them behind once we get out of Florida, but you know, these characters seem to be handy on Quests...so perhaps they ought to stick around.

And YAY, Kyeann Kitteh is going to read them!!! *beams*
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 622
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was always going to read them. I just never got the chance.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5493
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, well, now you have the chance =) yaaaaaaay!!!!!!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16890
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So what do the dwarves want with us?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5500
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it seems they came looking for Tharkun (as they call Gandalf), and they're talking quite seriously with him.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16893
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are they talking about?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5502
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it's in Dwarvish, and they're speaking quietly, but a few words reach your ears as Gandalf speaks: Balin Fundinul Uzbad Khazad-Dumu. The Dwarves, especially Dwalin and Gloin, are visibly upset by whatever news Gandalf has brought them.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16896
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't speak Dwarvish, but I'm guessing this has something to do with Balin's Tomb?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5505
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*coughs and pokes Balin, nods in Kyeann's direction* lol =)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5519
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...
...
...

So...after the lengthy pause (and just before the puzzle host goes to bed very early in the morning, Pacific Time) the Dwarves, including Gimli, have finished discussing their problem with Gandalf. Dwalin bows to you, asking your pardon for their lengthy discussion, and hands you a coin for your trouble, having found it on his travels.

And then, the plane lands nearby (O_O) and hopefully you can convince the lot to board so Balin, Kyeann, and maybe even Ciaobella kitteh can tell us where to go with it. =D
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 628
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the coin a quarter with the number 27 on the back and an illegible front-year?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5520
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How'd you guess? *yawn* My apologies for not making it clear last night/early this morning, Kyeann kitteh. Am exhausted. But yes, it is.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 632
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if you can get on the plane and go to *googlepedias* Texas. We can visit my friends the Medly's!
Kyeann kitteh has friends all over the globe!
=AD=AD=AD=
People who like Kyeannpepper's puzzles, will like Kyeannpepper's stories on www.fanfiction.net, where she has an account as Choeunmee!
=AD=AD=AD=
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 643
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and ask the LOTR people to come with you.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 661
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give teh kittehs some chezburgurs.

Inventory.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5546
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yuo givz teh kittehz teh cheezburgur.

INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 28 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 27 state quarters, Delaware-Florida, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is now empty
Drawing which appears to be of a rabbit and a mitten, but might be something else (and was in fact a stylized drawing of Michigan)
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some Dr. Pepper inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener, marked "Almaden Car Wash"
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
The itteh bitteh kittehs - Tabby, George Washington (Calico), Maine Coon, and Tortie, the last with a blue collar studded with moonstones and a Florida state flag on her tag.
Persimmons
Persimmon pesto sauce
Magical popcorn maker with VERY buttery popcorn.
Map from the Old Queen.
(The Basket O'Holding seems to be recovering things from the earlier adventures...)
Cheezburgur soup.
Witch-King's blades that the kittehs approve of
Silver Shire farthing
Caramel popcorn and persimmon pesto sauce (what's left that you didn't throw at the Witch-King)

There is also one airplane that you are trying to get the Fellowship of the Ring and the seven remaining Dwarves from the Quest of Erebor to enter. It would be extremely helpful if Ciaobella Kitteh the designated pilot would come out and help. =D
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 662
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's been so long I forgot to spell cheezburgur!!! o.O *haz a very sad*
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5547
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

plz no be sad, kyeann kitteh. iz can be pilot since iz no seez ciaobella kitteh? we needz tu fly tu texus!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 663
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okayz. kyeann kitteh's daddy kitteh is pilot! maybe he can halpz us fly tu texus!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 674
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*recruitz daddy kitteh as pilot* Okayz, now wat? *daddy kitteh announces in-flight lunch is cheezburgurs* YAY!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5550
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kyeann kitteh'z daddy kitteh plz tu flyz us tu texus. were in texus he knowz were tu go?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 675
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

daddy kitteh duzn't noe. he askz magical kaylee kitteh were we shud go. and ofurs cheezburgurs.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 676
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

um, fly to capital city of texus? aka, austin?

300 posts on this puzzle! YAYZ!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 966
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Out of nowhere, Ciaobella creeps forth...

We could go to Austin. I've been there a few times. I don't know it quite as well as other areas such as Dallas or Tyler (my home aka "The Rose Capital"), but I should be able to help us get around certain areas.

Turn to the LOTR guys. Say, "Howdy partners!" Not really. This is not a cartoon. I don't think it is, anyway. Instead say, "Gentlemen, I'm not sure where you are from, but it is clear to me that you are very brave and strong, with the noble intentions of facing incredible odds to further a worthy cause. For that, I greatly respect you." Gesture toward the plane. "Think of this as a great ship that sails on the winds of the sky. It will take us where we need to go." Give them my most innocent smile. "You will trust me, won't you?"
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 789
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ciaobella kitteh is much better at this than poor kyeann kitteh, who still hasn't read LOTR...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5585
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaylee kitteh is much worse than both kyeann and ciaobella kittehz, as has had a hectic couple months, for which profuse apologies are in order. Sorry!!!! *hugz hugz, givz cheezburgur*

You say, "Gentlemen, I'm not sure where you are from, but it is clear to me that you are very brave and strong, with the noble intentions of facing incredible odds to further a worthy cause. For that, I greatly respect you." The Tolkien characters listen gravely, but politely, all except for Pippin, who is beginning to look impatient as his stomach protests the delay.

You gesture toward the plane. "Think of this as a great ship that sails on the winds of the sky. It will take us where we need to go." Giving them your most innocent smile, you add, "You will trust me, won't you?"

"I guess you are a trustworthy young Man," Gandalf says, after a few puffs on his pipe. He peers at you under ominously thick eyebrows, which stick out under the brim of his hat (I Am Not Making This Up), and nods. "Come, I trust this conveyance is no work of the Enemy," he says.

"The Wizard has spoken for you," Boromir says, giving you a nod. He looks thoughtfully at the Dwarves and four hobbits. "Well, friends?"

"Tharkun has always been a trusted counsellor to the Dwarves," Gimli says with confidence, and his father, Gloin, also gives his assent. The Dwarves move toward the plane, but Legolas gets there first.

"Let no Dwarf say they were bold enough to tread before an Elf!" he cries. "For my people are borne to our ancestral home in mystic ships, finding the Straight Road. I fear no ship." As the Dwarves follow, growling their frustration with Legolas, Boromir and the hobbits board, with Aragorn and Gandalf at the last.

"Come, friend," Aragorn says. "I trust you will prove yourself to be true."

and nao, captun ciaobella kitteh, we goez tu austin!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 967
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say, "Welcome aboard Kitteh Airlines flight 307 from DeLand, Florida to Austin, Texas. Our estimated time of arrival is... well, I don't know. Gentlemen, please stow your belongings in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position, and then please fasten your seat belts. If you are seated next to an emergency exit, please read the instructions posted near your seat. At this time we request that you turn off any mobile devices, pagers, radios, and remote control toys, as these may interfere with the equipment during takeoff. We will notify you when it is safe to use these devices. May I remind you that smoking is prohibited on this aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with the smoke detectors in the lavatories is also prohibited by law. Thank you for flying Kitteh Airlines. Enjoy your flight!" Offer them coffee. Sit back and let Co-Captain Kyeann's Daddy fly us to Austin.

I would assume that this is a small craft and therefore would not land at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, so shall we say that the plane lands at Generic Small Runway on the outskirts of Austin?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 968
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, I am not very good at this, nor have I read LOTR. We are in the same boat, er, plane!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5586
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a scuffle as the Men, Legolas and Gandalf have to help the Dwarves and Hobbits stow axes, daggers, packs, pipes (the ban on smoking is much frowned upon by all except Legolas, who is smirking), and random other supplies in the now bulging overhead compartments. The three swords belonging to the Men and Gandalf are also stowed, as well as Legolas' twin daggers, bow and arrows. The LOTR characters find their seats, assisted by teh kyeann kitteh, no doubt. The three kittehs wander the aisles, searching for cheezburgur, as the passengers get settled.

Aragorn and Gandalf seem to be familiar with coffee, though only Aragorn is interested. Gandalf prefers red wine, as does Boromir, taking a long pull from the wineskin at his waist. The Hobbits and Dwarves request ale, if it is available.

iz small flite. iz prolly landz awn Generic Small Runwai, yez. soundz gud!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 969
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think we have any ale, do we? Apologize profusely and promise that Austin has wonderful ale (in fact, there are a few breweries they could visit and some GREAT steakhouses that serve ale).

If we arrive at the Generic Small Runway without incident, which side of Austin would we be on? North? South? Northwest?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5587
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We arrive at the small runway without incident, despite the fact that all eight dwarves keep casting Legolas mistrustful looks, and the Elf's hands keep twitching as he returns them. Aragorn, thankfully, is sitting on one side of Legolas, and places a hand on the Elf's shoulder whenever he looks like he's going to jump out of his seat at the Dwarves on the other side of the plane.

whichever side is closest to the Alamo? Apologies for having NO sense of Texas geography - it would serve me right if the Alamo was as far away from Austin as possible without being outside Texas.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 970
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say, "Attention passengers. There has been a slight change in plans. The plane is being redirected slightly southwest of Austin to San Antonio. This should only cause a short delay." If there is any agitation noticed, say, "The ale and steakhouses are even BETTER in San Antonio."

The Alamo is sort of toward the center of San Antonio, so I don't suppose it matters. Have Captain Kyeann's Daddy land north of San Antonio. Ask, "Shall we continue on to the Alamo?"
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5588
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hehe...I iz a sillee kitteh, no sense of geography in texus. thank yous.

You give them the unwelcome news, which is only quelled by the fact that the ale and steakhouses are better there. As soon as you land north of San Antonio, you ask whether you should continue on to the Alamo. This question is met by furious demands by eight dwarves and four hobbits for food and ale IMMEDIATELY. Boromir and Aragorn agree that a meal and a drink would be most welcome, as does Legolas, although he and Gandalf would prefer wine. It seems you're the only one who would prefur cheezburgur...besides teh kittehz, of course.

Ciaobella Kitteh iz now teh designated tour guide to San Antonio. With Kyeann Kitteh as helpur. =)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 972
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow...kk. I used to go there every year, but it's been a while!

The Riverwalk was renovated a few years ago, and it is just a few blocks from the Alamo.

(pictures: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Riverwalk20.jpg/200px-Riverwalk20.jpg
Christmastime: http://www.ackandlerphotography.com/images/SanAntonio
http://sanantoniorealestate365.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/riverwalkchristmas04-alrendon.jpg/03%20The%20Holiday%20River%20Walk.jpg
http://www.public-domain-image.com/architecture/bridge/slides/san-antonio-bridges-riverwalk.jpg
Riverboat cafe: http://alamocitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/San-Antonio-River-Walk-Mid-Night-View2.jpg )

There are lots of restaurants so everyone can have what (s)he would like or we could all go to one (several serve ale AND wine). We could even eat on a riverboat.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5589
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only the first and last links worked for me...=(

Shall we go down the Riverwalk then, and Ciaobella kitteh (and Kyeann Kitteh) can find us a good place to eat, with ale and wine? The LOTR characters do seem amenable to that idea, though Legolas looks nervously at Ciaobella. "This isn't near the Sea, is it?"
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 973
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 4:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"The Sea?" Ciaobella Kitteh is confused. "Oh, you mean the Gulf of Mexico? No, according to Google Maps it's about 146 mil... at least a two-day journey, I mean."

Ciaobella turns to the group, "Well, my favorite restaurant is Little Rhein, but I'm not sure it serves ale (although it has an AMAZING wine selection and, I think, some brandy). So I suggest Boudro's- we can eat (and drink) aboard a riverboat dinner cruise and enjoy the sights. The only problem is that it's somewhat expensive, and I'm a little short on cash... wait, this is Gregory Coke Land, isn't it?" Ciaobella reaches into her pockets and produces enough money to feed the group. "Never mind then. Does the riverboat restaurant sound good, or shall we find another?"
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5590
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahahaha. Of course it is Gregory Coke Land, although the Tolkien characters will have no idea what that means. But I guess they're getting used to weirdness. xD

Legolas sighs in relief. "No gulls, then." Gandalf pats the Elf's shoulder, and turns to Ciaobella. "So long as the river is far from the Sea, and no birds from the Sea come this far inland, I think it ought to be safe for young Thranduilion," he says with a nod of approval, squeezing Legolas' shoulder. Legolas is obviously trying not to blush in front of the Dwarves, as Gimli says that 'whatever discomfits the son of Thranduil is fine by him'.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 974
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"No gulls..."

So let's head to the Riverwalk. On the way, we'll pass many sights in the city, including a huge mural on the side of a hospital ( http://neurosurgery.uthscsa.edu/images/gallery/events/ChristusSantaRosa.jpg ), the San Antonio Zoo, the San Antonio Art Museum, (I really hope I'm remembering the route correctly!) and, yes, the Alamo. But we'll come back to that after supper.

For supper, we'll eat on a riverboat. They are serving smoked tomato salsa and guacamole with chips as an appetizer, a southwest Caesar salad with bell peppers, and a choice of steak, shrimp & crab enchiladas, and salmon as an entree. Dessert consists of toasted nut brittle ice cream in a pool of hot fudge. As is traditional in Texas, iced sweet tea will be served, but anyone who wants ale, wine, or any other beverage need only order it before the riverboat departs.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 803
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 5:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kyeann wants salmon for her entree! And iced sweet tea is just fine as the drink (I am underage xD).
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17174
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll go for the enchiladas and sweet tea. Now let's try those chips & salsa...
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 975
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lazy Ciaobella says, "That sounds good, Balin. Same for me." Looking forward to dessert!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 805
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kyeann iz very hapy becuz her ordur came tru and iz geting aktual salmon, along with aktual artichoke, fur dinur tonite!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 809
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look what I figured out!:
i<.\|/
<./|\

It's a KITTEH!! See it? (ignore the gray 'i', that was just to line them up)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 976
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yayz! Human translation: Why, that sounds wonderful, dear!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 810
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

xD! Human translation: Why, thank you, Ciaobella. I hope you have a good evening as well.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5595
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dat iz a luffley kitteh, kyeann kitteh! *givz cheezburgurz tu kyeann and ciaobella kittehz, plus teh ltpf kitteh* iz pashunt kittehz, thankz yuo both...

"They are serving smoked tomato salsa and guacamole with chips as an appetizer, a southwest Caesar salad with bell peppers, and a choice of steak, shrimp & crab enchiladas, and salmon as an entree. Dessert consists of toasted nut brittle ice cream in a pool of hot fudge. As is traditional in Texas, iced sweet tea will be served, but anyone who wants ale, wine, or any other beverage need only order it before the riverboat departs."


The four hobbits, naturally, order two servings each of EVERYTHING.

Gandalf and Legolas share a bottle of red wine between them, though the latter is disappointed that 'Dorwinion' wine is not an option. Gandalf orders the salmon, while Legolas gets the steak.

You (my dad, that is, lol) get ale with a squeeze of lime in it, the way you learned to drink it in England. Aragorn and Boromir order beer, while the Dwarves order ale. The Hobbits have to be content with copious amounts of sweet tea, as their protestations that they are fifty (Frodo, who looks the youngest, but is the oldest...long story, READ IT my kittehs!), thirty-eight (Sam), thirty-six (Merry) and twenty-eight (Pippin), fall on deaf ears. They all look like children to the servers, although only Pippin is still considered underage among his people.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 848
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

we haz a ltpf kitteh? i didnt noe that... *givz ltpf kitteh another cheezburgur*

teh othur dai, i mispeled teh werd 'good'. i think teh lolspeek iz going tu mah brain...


Break the fourth wall and tell the waiter that WE ARE IN A LATERAL ADVENTURE and that they are indeed those ages because they are from LotR. Glory in his confused expression xD.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5605
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yuo iz maded it *pointz a few postz up*

*teh kaylee kitteh breakz teh 4th wall, makin evun daddee kitteh haz a surprized as she enturz puzzel* "You are in my lateral adventure. The hobbits are those ages, I promise, they're from LOTR." *glories in confused expressions of all involved*
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 849
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o ya. i didnt relize that wuz a reel kitteh.

kyeann wus unable to get LotR az library iz onlee opun until 5:00 on friday and saturday Dx.

Kaylee, you just made my day (or night, as it were)! *yawns* now i haz tu go tu bed, as kyeann haz tu get up at the crack of paul tumarow. dont ask.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 978
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the guide still going to give us the riverboat tour? Or is he too scared to talk now that he has seen people popping out of another dimension rambling about Hobbits? Also, are the mariachi bands any good tonight?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 860
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, forgot about that possible consequence...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5609
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

guide can still givz riverboat tour kplzthnx ciaobella kitteh =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 879
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if ciaobella kitteh is unable tu, kyeann kitteh culd giv tour ov nile rivur.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5613
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o yez plz kyeann kitteh...lukz liek evrywun haz eated awl dere foodnez...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 881
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay.

Hello, I'm Kyeannpepper, and I'll be acting as your guide tonight. Yes, ma'am, I'll get to Ciaobella in just a moment. As you can see, we're surrounded by the San Antonio River *hopes this is right*. You will be touring the Nile River instead, as our usual guide, Ciaobella, is unavailable. Yes, she will be back tomorrow. Now, please sit down and I'll transport us to the Nile. *waves magic wand* *whoosh sound effect* We are now on the Nile River, my area of expertise. Don't worry about the boat change, sirs and madams, it's completely normal *gestures to smaller boat with small canopy roof that we are riding on*. Sir? Sir? Please don't stick your hand in the water unless you want it to fall off from disease and/or a crocodile biting it off. Thank you. Yes, that means you can't drink it. If you like, I could bottle some for you for a small fee. We're passing by a popular diving station, although it's an hour's camel ride to the actual diving spot. Bring a book. It's possible to read one on a camel, and yes, ma'am, I do know this from experience. Does anyone need more iced tea? Yes? Okay, here you go *fills empty glasses*. We're approaching the dock, if you would like to shop. Does anyone need to change to Egyptian currency? Yes? Okay, here you go. Here are your complimentary Arabic-to-English and English-to-Arabic dictionaries. No, sir, the language of Egypt is not Egyptian. We'll be here for half an hour. Oh, and remember, prices ARE negotiable here. Ask for half of it first, if they don't come down, just walk away. Yes, we will be stopping by the pyramids. If you don't know how much an item should be, remember, it's about 5 Egyptian pounds to the U.S. dollar. Here are some pocket calculators to help with the math. Please return them after use. If you have any questions, just whistle *passes out whistles*.
*half an hour later*
Everyone aboard? Hang on, let me do a quick head count. Good. Next we'll be stopping at the pyramids. Yes, you'll be able to get off there. Everyone have their purchases? Yes? Good.
*at the pyramids*
Alright, everybody who wants to see the Pyramids of Giza should get off now. Just ignore all the pushy people trying to sell you things. No, politely saying 'no' is not the right thing to do, ma'am. I know, it seems rude, but it just attracts more. Like sharks to blood. No, sir, I do not think that aliens helped the Egyptians. Alright, if you wish to enter one of the pyramids, it's 10 pounds, or 3 pounds for children. I want everyone back on the boat in an hour.
*one hour later*
Everyone aboard? *head count* Excellent, we will now be heading back to the San Antonio River. Ma'am? Could you get your son to sit down? Thank you. Trust me, falling off in mid-transportation is not fun. Everyone seated? Great. Here we go! *waves wand* *whoosh sound effect*
Welcome back to the San Antonio River! I hope you enjoyed the tour!
That is either my first or second longest post ever. Wow. Did I do OK?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5621
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you did great...more awesomely than I ever could have, and stunned me into silence...xDDD I'm afraid RL has sidetracked me from this puzzle, but I'll come back soonish, I hope!! hope you and the rest of my American friends had a very happy Independence Day, and that the heat's not hitting anyone too hard!!!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 932
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank yu kayleekitteh. kyeannkitteh's momma kitteh finalee got her LotR at teh library! kyeannkitteh is reading it right now! =D
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 994
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Once the riverboat tour is complete, I lead the group to the Alamo, which is just down the road a bit. It's late, and the wooden doors are locked at sunset. I turn to them and ask what we should do and if we should find some place to pass the night.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5641
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for my inexcusably long absence...RL has been hitting me hard this summer. And I have a wedding I'm attending this weekend...Anyway.

When the group reaches the Alamo, the Hobbits forage for any edibles while the two Men scout around to make sure no danger is present. The Dwarves examine the structure of the Alamo, expressing interest in its building, while Legolas goes off by himself. He soon returns. "My friend, I have found something that may prove to be of interest to you," he says, pointing toward the roof. "If you can get up there, at least."
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 996
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do we have on us?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5643
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

INVENTORY RECAP:
Bag of 28 American quarters (1 1985 quarter, 27 state quarters, Delaware-Florida, in order)
Note reportedly (and most likely) from Captain Jack Sparrow
small LED flashlight
Car key
Driver's manual/insurance information
In-N-Out Burger bag, which is now empty
Drawing which appears to be of a rabbit and a mitten, but might be something else (and was in fact a stylized drawing of Michigan)
In-N-Out Burger cup, marked 'Other' and with some Dr. Pepper inside
Cherry-scented car air freshener, marked "Almaden Car Wash"
Parking ticket for the public parking garage
The itteh bitteh kittehs - Tabby, George Washington (Calico), Maine Coon, and Tortie, the last with a blue collar studded with moonstones and a Florida state flag on her tag.
Persimmons
Persimmon pesto sauce
Magical popcorn maker with VERY buttery popcorn.
Map from the Old Queen.
(The Basket O'Holding seems to be recovering things from the earlier adventures...)
Cheezburgur soup.
Witch-King's blades that the kittehs approve of
Silver Shire farthing
Caramel popcorn and persimmon pesto sauce (what's left that you didn't throw at the Witch-King)
smoked tomato salsa and guacamole with chips, a southwest Caesar salad with bell peppers, and steak, shrimp & crab enchiladas, and salmon. toasted nut brittle ice cream in a pool of hot fudge. iced sweet tea, ale, wine, and whatever else we got to drink on board the boat. xD
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 997
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought we ate all the last bit- I guess it went into the Basket O'Holding! XD

Sit and eat some buttery popcorn while trying to come up with a plan. I assume he means on top of the shrine?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5644
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the leftovers must have gone in the Basket O'Holding. xD

You sit and eat the popcorn, trying to come up with a plan. (Yeshes. I do not know what teh Alamo looks like, sadly.)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1000
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.celebratingtexas.com/tr/trans/10-1.pdf

http://www.ripleys.com/sanantonio/files/2010/02/Alamo.png

I think the Shrine and the Chapel are the same thing.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5647
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*kaylee sleepily tries to come up with plan after exhausting weekend* halp, mai ciao?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1001
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hm, well, we could book a helicopter tour and then parachute out on top of the Alamo.

Or go to the Ripley's and somehow steal their big tire ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelingfoolsofamerica/2708915732/ ) and use it to get to the top.

Or we could sneak into one of the large buildings nearby (a hotel or a hospital maybe), race to the top- or at least to a high window, and glide to the Alamo on some kind of makeshift zip line.

Or we could find a ladder...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5649
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or a hot air balloon...O_o wut iz kittehz thinkz?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1011
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call the hot air balloon people (*watches the LOTR folks' faces when they see the cellular phone in action*). I hear they charge $200 to $300 a person ("How much for a hobbit?" XD ), but maybe someone is willing to work for some delicious buttery popcorn instead?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 995
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or the magical popcorn maker is supposed to make ANY kind of popcorn, so we could make golden popcorn and sell that...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 997
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or we could see if the itteh bitteh kittehs are able to climb the building. If they are, we could buy a rope, have them take it up and somehow attach it to something up there.... We all speak kittehspeek, so making our intentions clear should be no trouble.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5653
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*rearranges Ciaokitteh and Kyeannkitteh's questions so the answers will look better* xD

Call the hot air balloon people (*watches the LOTR folks' faces when they see the cellular phone in action*). you do this. The only one who doesn't seem to be startled is Gandalf. The hobbits look confused, while the Men, Elf and Dwarves eye the cell phone suspiciously. It seems around here the hot air balloon people want to be paid in 24k gold...

the magical popcorn maker is supposed to make ANY kind of popcorn, so we could make golden popcorn and sell that...It dutifully makes golden popcorn, 24 karats and everything. The Dwarves look at it with interest. "Best hope ye dinna attract a dragon, laddie," Gimli murmurs to you.

The hot air balloon people arrive in the meantime...led by a dragon. O_O


Or we could see if the itteh bitteh kittehs are able to climb the building. If they are, we could buy a rope, have them take it up and somehow attach it to something up there.... We all speak kittehspeek, so making our intentions clear should be no trouble. The kittehs have run away, hiding inside a familiar sack stored inside a just as familiar basket o'holding, with a piece of rope sticking out...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5654
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hear they charge $200 to $300 a person ("How much for a hobbit?" XD ), but maybe someone is willing to work for some delicious buttery popcorn instead? Apparently not...O_O
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1013
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't suppose the dragon would like some hot butter popcorn?

Is it an intelligent dragon? One that talks? Or animal-like? Does it fly? Breathe fire?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5657
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't suppose the dragon would like some hot butter popcorn? Do you really want to ask it?

Is it an intelligent dragon? Most likely One that talks? yes Or animal-like? DOYD of 'animal-like'...it is sentient, but that doesn't make it safe to be around... Does it fly? Breathe fire? Yes and yes.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1014
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now the most important questions: does it see us? Is it in a good mood?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5658
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now the most important questions: does it see us? Is it in a good mood?
It does see you. As to the second question - well, it doesn't seem in any hurry to make you a charbroiled kitteh. But whether it's in a *good* mood remains to be seen.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1016
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smile and wave. Greet it politely. Ask whether it is in town on business or pleasure. Try to get a general idea of its mood and intentions.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5660
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smile and wave. You do so. It eyes you suspiciously. Greet it politely. "Greetings, mighty Dragon. It is a pleasure to see you." (The Dwarves look rather incredulous at this, though the dragon isn't looking at them.) Ask whether it is in town on business or pleasure. "Are you here on business or pleasure, Master Dragon?" The dragon seems rather pleased with this form of address. "A brave heart and a courteous tongue," it muses. "I am here because I am here, that is all." Try to get a general idea of its mood and intentions. Hmmm. As its gaze sweeps over the members of your party, you sense that it feels grudging respect for the Wizard, scorn for the Elf, abject hatred (mutual) for the Dwarves, and indifference toward the Men. As for you, it seems to like you well enough for now.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1018
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask if it needs anything from us. If not, ask whether it would mind if we share the skies for a bit to retrieve something from the top of the Alamo shrine.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5662
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask if it needs anything from us. "That gold would be a good start," it says nonchalantly, though there is a dangerous edge to its tone. If not, ask whether it would mind if we share the skies for a bit to retrieve something from the top of the Alamo shrine. Not at all, so long as I get that gold..."
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5663
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course, the final sentence should have the opening " there...sorry!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1020
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Explain why we would like to get to the top of the Alamo shrine. Offer the gold in exchange for its help.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5665
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Explain why we would like to get to the top of the Alamo shrine. Offer the gold in exchange for its help.
"We would like to get to the top of that shrine there," you explain, pointing to the roof, "We think there may be something we need."

"Fine," says the dragon, "I will carry you...only you...up there. And I want my gold after." You nod and the dragon lifts you onto its back, leaping into the air and flying toward the roof. You try not to fall off.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1021
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's on the roof?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5666
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's on the roof?
The roof...looks like the roof of the Alamo shrine. =) There is what appears to be a large cannon there (if there is no such thing on the roof of the Alamo, then obviously someone ignored conventional wisdom and forgot it...)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1022
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step onto the roof, careful not to fall. Are the blades we have reflective enough to give me an idea of what is in the cannon without sticking my head in front of it?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5667
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step onto the roof, careful not to fall. Are the blades we have reflective enough to give me an idea of what is in the cannon without sticking my head in front of it?

You do so. The cannon appears to have nothing at all inside it, so far as you can see in the reflective blades. That does not, however, mean there *is* nothing inside it...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1000
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stick one of the blades in there. If nothing scurries out, slowly push your arm in.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1023
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If we may, place the blade in handle-first, so that if there is anything non-dangerous (like a kitten) stuck in the cannon, we don't hurt it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1001
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent idea. However, you may want to wrap something around the blade so we don't cut into our hand. That might be bad xP.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5668
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You stick the sheathed blade in handle-first. An armadillo crawls out. It has a note tied around its neck.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1002
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the armadillo aggressive? If not, take the note and read it if possible.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1024
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to get the note without scaring the little guy. If he curls up, it will be difficult to get the note.

Also, hold the armadillo up to the dragon for comparison: http://images.epilogue.net/users/wardem/Green_Dragon3.jpg

http://pelotes.jea.com/jumpou1.gif

Wonder silently if they might be cousins.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5669
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the armadillo aggressive? it does not seem to be If not, take the note and read it if possible. it is difficult to read, but it seems to go something like, "On coterie? Bog off, loo boy. Emirate melody." Not that this makes much sense right now, but then, this is somewhat of a crazy puzzle, since it is hosted by a crazy kitteh. I hope this has not put you off. Also, all reference aids may be freely used.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1003
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have consulted Googlepedia and have come up with 'he whom the gods love dies young', from one of the great woubit's puzzles.

Politely ask the dragon to take us back down to the ground so we may give him the gold.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5670
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have consulted Googlepedia and have come up with 'he whom the gods love dies young', from one of the great woubit's puzzles. indeed, and this may be of help...

Politely ask the dragon to take us back down to the ground so we may give him the gold. ...while this will not be, as said dragon hardly waited after depositing you on the roof before swooping down on your company and snatching up the gold - and most of the rest of your inventory, save for the kittehs who ran and hid, and the quarters which you took with you - and scattering your friends. You are all alone, bereft of everything except kittehs who are trying to climb the Alamo to get to you and an armadillo (a baby, judging by the size.) Thankfully Tabby Kitteh managed to save the cheezburgurz.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1025
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose the balloon people ran off when they saw the dragon. *sighs* We do still have a wizard, don't we? Can he help us?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5672
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose the balloon people ran off when they saw the dragon. *sighs* We do still have a wizard, don't we? Can he help us?
Of course they did, and sadly, we do not...the wizard, along with the elf, dwarves and hobbits, have left us, presumably for good although one never knows...

From your vantage point, you see a dark shape on the horizon. It seems to be getting closer fairly quickly, and appears to be a column of cloud running from the sky to the ground.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1026
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, this is a bad time to be on a roof. Even if we hold out hope for a police rescue, what are we going to say to explain our presence on top of the Alamo after hours?

http://www.informationsanantonio.com/images/thealamo.jpg

I suppose we could try an out-of-the-movies maneuver by jumping to a nearby tree or even trying to slide down the flagpole. We could also try to make a hole in the roof. We'd likely get hurt, but I would guess that that fall would be preferable to be thrown from the top of the building by high winds. Any other ideas before we do something crazy?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5673
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, this is a bad time to be on a roof. Even if we hold out hope for a police rescue, what are we going to say to explain our presence on top of the Alamo after hours? *snickers*

http://www.informationsanantonio.com/images/thealamo.jpg Ooh. *admires* remembers =D also, perhaps we may get help from this guy

I suppose we could try an out-of-the-movies maneuver by jumping to a nearby tree or even trying to slide down the flagpole. We could also try to make a hole in the roof. We'd likely get hurt, but I would guess that that fall would be preferable to be thrown from the top of the building by high winds. Any other ideas before we do something crazy? No. =D You just stand there in shock as the whirling cloud moves closer, and suddenly you are engulfed by a cloud of...bats and butterflies? O_o! The cloud sweeps you along, away from the Alamo, taking the armadillo, the kittehz and the cheezburgurz with it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1004
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we've lost the Basket o' Holding as well? Oh dear...

Go with the flow. I'm assuming we'll end up in Iowa at some point...except for the fact that we haven't gotten the quarter for this state yet.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5674
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So we've lost the Basket o' Holding as well? Oh dear... It would seem so...=(

Go with the flow. I'm assuming we'll end up in Iowa at some point...except for the fact that we haven't gotten the quarter for this state yet. we will...although you're right, we haven't. As if realizing that, the cyclone of bats and butterflies drops you at the edge of a river, with a sign in Spanish on the other side. You can read it, however - it says "Welcome to Mexico". Good thing you were let go - you seem to have been heading the wrong way! In the river, a man of clearly Hispanic descent is floating on his taco-truck-turned-boat. (This is thrown in because there was a taco truck at the picnic I was at yesterday - no insult is intended to anyone. Tacos are yummy.) He offers you a choice of chicken, pork, or steak tacos, with a variety of toppings.

RECAP OF INVENTORY:

You (we are playing a college age version of my dad, at the moment, so we are a H/youngA/M wearing a T-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes)
Three itteh bitteh cheezburgur kittehz
Bag of cheezburgurz
Bag of quarters
Note from Jack Sparrow
Wallet (in your pocket) containing Target keycard, gold/silver/bronze coins, silver Shire farthing, American money from 1900, and ID showing the wallet belongs to Master Gregory Coke of Gregory Coke Land
Armadillo baby
Note from...well, perhaps from Woubit? =D
Car keys, parking ticket
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1027
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mmmm- sounds yummy. Free?

I assume we are at the Rio Grande- what else do we see?

Is it like this: http://www.planetware.com/i/photo/texas-big-bend-national-park-rio-grande-wild-and-scenic-river-tx450.jpg

Or perhaps a more urban environment? http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texastribune.org/media/images/RioGrandeLaredo17_JPG_800x1000_q100.JPG
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5675
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mmmm- sounds yummy. Free? there's no such thing as a free lunch...except now

I assume we are at the Rio Grande- what else do we see? we see the Rio Grande, which probably looks more like the first picture than the second, except that the first picture is not letting me view it. However the description implies it is so. Also, there is a dog coming up to us. The kittehs are not thrilled by this development. However, it seems friendly enough.

Is it like this: http://www.planetware.com/i/photo/texas-big-bend-national-park-rio-grande-wild-and-scenic-river-tx450.jpg

Or perhaps a more urban environment? http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texastribune.org/media/images/RioGrandeLaredo17_JPG_800x1000_q100.JPG
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1028
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What kind of dog?

Accept the taco. Offer the man a cheeseburger. (He might be tired of tacos, as yummy as they are.) Talk to him and ask his name, unless he is too busy to talk and must continue.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5676
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What kind of dog? /b{/link{http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lacy, this kind}}


Accept the taco. Pollo, carnitas o carne asada, por favor? Offer the man a cheeseburger. (He might be tired of tacos, as yummy as they are.) You do that. He accepts warily. Talk to him and ask his name, unless he is too busy to talk and must continue. "¿Cuál es su nombre, señor?"

"Mi nombre es José. ¿Y usted?"
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1029
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Select a chicken taco.

"Mucho gusto, José. Me llamo Ron. ¿Puede ayudarme?"

Translation: It's nice to meet you, José. My name is Ron. Can you help me?

(I only know a little Spanish. Hopefully Google Translate can help if I get stuck!)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5677
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Select a chicken taco. You do. The taco is delicious.

"Mucho gusto, José. Me llamo Ron. ¿Puede ayudarme?"

Translation: It's nice to meet you, José. My name is Ron. Can you help me?

"Es un placer conocerte, Ron. ¿Cuál es su misión?"

(I only know a little Spanish. Hopefully Google Translate can help if I get stuck!) I probably know just as much as, or less, Spanish than you, so it will help me just as much...and Dad's probably using the pocket translator he found on the ground a minute ago by now. xD hehehe.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1030
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 6:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(how convenient...)

Well, for starters, "¿Habla Inglés?"
(Translation: Do you speak English?)

If so, explain the situation in English. If not, explain in Spanish, as best as possible with the pocket guidebook.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5678
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(how convenient...) it is at that...

Well, for starters, "¿Habla Inglés?" "No."
(Translation: Do you speak English?) I do know this phrase =D.

If so, explain the situation in English. If not, explain in Spanish, as best as possible with the pocket guidebook. FA. It's more like this.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1031
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we use that to explain the situation?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5683
Registered: 9-2010
</
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)