[Doriana] Out of the frying pan... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2011 » [Doriana] Out of the frying pan... « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2262
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The bracelet only made it worse.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4535
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It: a situation? A feeling? An emotion? A crime? Something embarrassing? Is the material of the bracelet relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2263
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It: a situation? a bit of this A feeling? and a bit of this An emotion? A crime? Something embarrassing? Is the material of the bracelet relevant? no to rest
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 2302
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was someone's hand stuck somewhere?

was the bracelet a present?

was the bracelet a reminder of something?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2268
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was someone's hand stuck somewhere?

was the bracelet a present?

was the bracelet a reminder of something?

no to all
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4828
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does it matter what the bracelet was made of?
metal?
plastic?
wood?
glass?
cloth?
yarn?
something edible?
something else?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2269
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does it matter what the bracelet was made of? not really
metal? this
plastic?
wood?
glass? and this
cloth?
yarn?
something edible?
something else?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where the situation happened? If so: indoors? outdoors? Time relevant? (as in century, etc) Time of the day?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where the situation happened? If so: indoors? outdoors? both Time relevant? (as in century, etc) no - a couple of days ago Time of the day? "situation" is probably not the right word here because it lasted more or less the whole day
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 483
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the bracelet serve a purpose, other than acting as an accessory to an outfit? If so, was it a medical bracelet?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2273
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the bracelet serve a purpose, other than acting as an accessory to an outfit? yesish If so, was it a medical bracelet? no

Post Number: 4830
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

metal and glass? was it actually a bracelet? or was it a wristwatch?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2274
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

metal and glass? was it actually a bracelet? it was or was it a wristwatch? but a watch is relevant as well
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 486
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything written on the bracelet?

Am I correct in my understanding that there is a bracelet AND a watch relevant to this puzzle?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything written on the bracelet? no

Am I correct in my understanding that there is a bracelet AND a watch relevant to this puzzle? yes

Post Number: 4831
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the bracelet one solid piece? was it a string of beads? metal and glass beads? was it a charm bracelet?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2309
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the bracelet lost? stolen?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2310
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there actually a fire?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the bracelet one solid piece? was it a string of beads? metal and glass beads? a string of glass beads with metal in between, but irrel was it a charm bracelet?

was the bracelet lost? stolen? no to both

was there actually a fire? no

Post Number: 4850
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 6:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it your bracelet and/or your watch, doriana kitteh? *yawn* nite...I thinkz of betterur kweshunz in mornin...

...altho kitteh alwaiz asleepz in mornin. Except me, acos I takez medicine at 8. >.<
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2280
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it your bracelet and/or your watch, doriana kitteh? yes to both
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a frying pan relevant?

Did the bracelet and/or watch lead to any sort of miscomfort?
Were you unable to take off the bracelet and/or watch?
Were the bracelet and/or watch about to come off your wrist and you were trying to keep them on?

Were you wearing the bracelet and/or watch in the first place?
Or were you looking for them? And couldn't find them?
Or were they lying somewhere where they would be likely to get damaged/lost/stolen?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2283
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a frying pan relevant? no

Did the bracelet and/or watch lead to any sort of miscomfort? yes, the bracelet did
Were you unable to take off the bracelet and/or watch? no
Were the bracelet and/or watch about to come off your wrist and you were trying to keep them on? no

Were you wearing the bracelet and/or watch in the first place? I was wearing the bracelet
Or were you looking for them? And couldn't find them? I couldn't find the watch
Or were they lying somewhere where they would be likely to get damaged/lost/stolen? no

good round of q's (:
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1796
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think you have the watch but realized at some point that you wearing the bracelet instead?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you normally wear the bracelet where you were wearing it?
Do you normally wear the watch where you were wearing the bracelet?

Did you wear the bracelet only so that your wrist wouldn't feel "naked"?
But wearing the bracelet was worse than not wearing anything because the feeling of the bracelet made you think that the watch was there?

Did you feel the urge to check the time but couldn't because the watch wasn't where you expected it to be (on your wrist, that is)?
Did you feel unwell due to not wearing a watch in general?
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the size of the bracelet relevannt? Is it too big for you? too small? too wide? too narrow? too heavy? too light? too anything?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2284
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm skipping Rbruma's and Soli's questions because we have a winner.

Do you normally wear the bracelet where you were wearing it? no
Do you normally wear the watch where you were wearing the bracelet? yes

Did you wear the bracelet only so that your wrist wouldn't feel "naked"? yes
But wearing the bracelet was worse than not wearing anything because the feeling of the bracelet made you think that the watch was there? yesish

Did you feel the urge to check the time but couldn't because the watch wasn't where you expected it to be (on your wrist, that is)? yes!
Did you feel unwell due to not wearing a watch in general? that too

********SPOILER********
I almost always wear a watch on my left wrist, and I can't stand the feeling of a "naked" wrist.
Some days ago, I couldn't find my watch and decided to put on a bracelet so that my wrist wouldn't feel naked.

But instead of solving the problem, it only made it worse: I subconsciously mistook my bracelet for my watch and had the urge to check the time about every ten minutes - only to end up staring at a couple of glass beads.

Nice solve, Potato, and thanks for playing, everyone (:

Post Number: 4855
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awww, poor doriana kitteh! *sharez watch* my friend hillary givz me watch with interchangable watchbandz and haz pengwinz!!! =)
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1798
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I was close :-) Nice puzzle
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know that feeling. I had to wear a bandage on my left wrist for a couple of days lately and put my watch on my right wrist instead. It was unnerving both because I would still look at my left wrist for checking the time even though the watch was missing and I couldn't get used to the watch being on the right.

Nice puzzle!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: