[HenriqueFM] A story of love and sauce Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2011 » [HenriqueFM] A story of love and sauce « Previous Next »

Henriquefm (Henriquefm)
Username: Henriquefm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there... my very first post and very first puzzle.. I hope we all have fun

Love saved one life and amused thousands
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2337
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey and welcome to the LTPF!

Let's see...

Did love save the life of a H/A/M?F? (not sure if you're already familiar with our abbreviations - H/A/M stands for human/adult/male, and H/A/F is human/adult/female. Other abbreviations and LTPF jargon can be found here.)

thousands - H/A/M?F?

Time period relevant? Location?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5077
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome! =)

One life = H/A/M? (Human/Adult/Male?)

Thousands = H/A/M? H/A/F? H/A/Mixed?

True story? FYOI? (from your own imagination = you made it up) FSEI? (from someone else's imagination = fictional but you didn't make it up)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5078
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol, Doriana and I crossposted! =) but in any case, welcome, welcome, we love new people here! ^.^
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the welcome

Did love save the life of a H/A/M?F? H/A/F

thousands - H/A/M?F? Mixed

True story? yes

Time period relevant? Location? could have happened anywhere/anytime, so I think it's irrelevant
Andy_hornby (Andy_hornby)
Username: Andy_hornby

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so based on your last answer, am i right to assume the thousands were amused by this after she was saved? i.e. They weren't present at the time.

did this amuse thousands via a book? a film? TV? a joke? internet meme? viral?

Are the thousands scattered all over the world? From one specific place or region? Country?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so based on your last answer, am i right to assume the thousands were amused by this after she was saved? i.e. They weren't present at the time. yes

did this amuse thousands via a book? no a film? no TV? no a joke? no internet meme? yesish viral? yesish

Are the thousands scattered all over the world? yes From one specific place or region? Country?

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it a true story? was it shared by email? Video? Images? Youtube video? Facebook group? Fb page? Twitter? Website?

Are we talking about someone's life genuinely being saved? by the love of a single person? by the love of many people?

She was in danger of death? would have committed suicide?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it a true story? yes
was it shared by email? yes
Video? Images? Youtube video? there were images and videos involved
Facebook group? Fb page? Twitter? probably
Website? yes

Are we talking about someone's life genuinely being saved? yes
by the love of a single person? yes
by the love of many people? no

She was in danger of death? yes would have committed suicide? no

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the love from a partner? family member? An adult? male?

Is an organ transplant involved? was a sacrifice made to save her life?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the love from a partner? tricky question... the best answer is probably noish
family member? no
An adult? male? yes, H/A/M

Is an organ transplant involved? no
was a sacrifice made to save her life? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15905
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in danger of dying by:
Natural causes?
Accident?
Murder?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was love in the sense of physical love (as in making love)?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in danger of dying by:
Natural causes?
Accident?
Murder? yes

Was love in the sense of physical love (as in making love)? no
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the love "given" to the woman? To the possible murderer?
Was the possible murderer the one who "give" love?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the love "given" to the woman? yes To the possible murderer? yes
Was the possible murderer the one who "give" love? yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15914
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the love "given" by a third party?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the love "given" by a third party? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15917
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pretty sure I know this one -- sending email.
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin got it right, congratulations!

Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

erm...this just seems very weird...

a man was planning to kill a woman?
a man would have killed a woman?
they fell in love? and this prevented a killing somewhere down the line?

they were strangers that fell in love? through circumstance? which was that he was going to kill her?
hitman relevant?

i'm really struggling to see how this situation could be made amusing!
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a man was planning to kill a woman? yes
a man would have killed a woman? yes
they fell in love? yes
and this prevented a killing somewhere down the line? yes, it should be clear whose killing it prevented

they were strangers that fell in love? yes
through circumstance? i don't know exactly what you mean
which was that he was going to kill her? yes
hitman relevant? yes

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a hitman was hired to kill a woman? and instead of killing her, he fell in love with her?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a hitman was hired to kill a woman? and instead of killing her, he fell in love with her? yes

now I guess the only thing missing is an explanation for the title
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 523
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

tomato sauce = ketchum = fake blood?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

tomato sauce = ketchum = fake blood? yeah

and what did they use the fake blood for?

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

faking her death and collecting the dough?
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

faking her death and collecting the dough? yes

Well, I guess all the key info are here.

***** SPOILER *****

A hitman was hired by a housewife, who was convinced that the target was having an affair with her husband. When the hitman found out that the target was a childhood friend, he told her about the hit and then they came up with a plan. He took a picture of the target lying down with ketchup all over her and a machete under her armpit, showed it to his hirer and split the money with his new girlfriend.

All of the major news website here in Brazil showed this story (in the bizarre/funny news section, of course) and it even made to some foreign newspaper websites too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040452/Hired-hit-man-fell-love-victim-faking-death-tomato-ketchup.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/23/ketchup-killing-sauce-fun-brazil

Thank you all for playing and see you next time
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 2398
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

tee hee!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15962
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This made the news here in the US too, and I happened to remember the story.

Great puzzle!
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 433
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry I came too late to contribute to this one.

I'm not here nearly as often as I'd like to be, but I join everyone in welcoming you. Yay!

Henriquefm, your story remind me of two movies, though - coincidence?

The first is the Coen Brothers's first film, "Blood Simple," in which a hitman only pretends to kill the cheating couple.

The second is "Hot Fuzz," in which our hero is saved by a friend who

(SPOILER)

pretends to kill him by using a packet of ketchup.

Again, I add my welcomes!
Fiona
Henriquefm (Henriquefm)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess it's true that life imitates art sometimes... thanks for the welcome!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: