[Balin] Double dream-ologism Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2011 » [Balin] Double dream-ologism « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 15963
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have medarred a few times because of ardem. Both are related to dreams.

What are the definitions of medar and ardem?

NOTE: Both words are anagrams of "dream," so don't focus on any wordplay.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5101
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dreaming in kittehspeak? (I do that...does that surprise you? ~.^ Not consistently, though.)
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a medar a dream?
Is an ardem a dream?
Is a medar a sequel of an ardem?
If a medar is a dream, does it include the ardem?
Does it include an emotion caused by the ardem?

Dreaming about something you've seen on TV relevant?
Dreaming about something you've actually done relevant?
Dreaming about something you've thought about earlier relevant?
Dream influenced by the food you had relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15967
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2011 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dreaming in kittehspeak? No (I do that...does that surprise you? ~.^ Not consistently, though.) Doesn't surprise me at all =)

Is a medar a dream? Medar is a verb that involves dreaming
Is an ardem a dream? Yes
Is a medar a sequel of an ardem? No
If a medar is a dream, does it include the ardem? See above
Does it include an emotion caused by the ardem? See above

Dreaming about something you've seen on TV relevant? No to all of these
Dreaming about something you've actually done relevant?
Dreaming about something you've thought about earlier relevant?
Dream influenced by the food you had relevant?
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 430
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve your acting as though you are in "real life"?
Or:

1) Trying to hurry while taking forever to get somewhere

2) Trying to talk to someone
a) whom you almost remember
b) whom you've never met before
c) any kind of false memory, such as confabulation, a sense of reincarnation
d) a partial memory, such as knowing that someone's name begins with P or knowing that a place begins with T

Balin, I often dream about stories I've read. Are you writing about a similar situation?

3) Is this experience:

a) primarily linguistic in nature?
b) primarily scenic?
c) primarily sensory in another way?

Fascinating puzzle!
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4622
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you medarr: in your sleep? While waking up? After waking up? Is ardem some kind of dream? A good dream? Bad dream? Recurring dream? Lucid dreaming relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15968
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve your acting as though you are in "real life"? No
Or:

1) Trying to hurry while taking forever to get somewhere No

2) Trying to talk to someone No to all, except
a) whom you almost remember
b) whom you've never met before
c) any kind of false memory, such as confabulation, a sense of reincarnation
d) a partial memory, such as knowing that someone's name begins with P or knowing that a place begins with T No with a slight -ish

Balin, I often dream about stories I've read. Are you writing about a similar situation? No

3) Is this experience:

a) primarily linguistic in nature?
b) primarily scenic?
c) primarily sensory in another way? I'm not sure I'd call it "sensory" at all. No to all

Fascinating puzzle! Thank you!

Do you medar: in your sleep? Yes; No to rest While waking up? After waking up? Is ardem some kind of dream? Yes/Yope A good dream? Bad dream? Recurring dream? No to these Lucid dreaming relevant? YES. I had never heard of this term before, but this is a huge YES.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 4632
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is ardem a lucid dream? Is medarring the act of becoming aware that you're dreaming?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15974
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is ardem a lucid dream? Not necessarily Is medarring the act of becoming aware that you're dreaming? Yes, more specifically, figuring out that I'm dreaming in the middle of a dream
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sometimes realized I was dreaming because I saw a supposedly familiar place or person, that in fact looked unfamiliar. For instance, when I was a kid and my mom used to wake me up for school, I had relatively frequent dreams that my mom had just come into my room and woken me up, yet my room looked very different from my real one. Is this OTRT?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15982
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sometimes realized I was dreaming because I saw a supposedly familiar place or person, that in fact looked unfamiliar. For instance, when I was a kid and my mom used to wake me up for school, I had relatively frequent dreams that my mom had just come into my room and woken me up, yet my room looked very different from my real one. Is this OTRT? Yes, very
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 4646
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you dreaming about something not working as it does in real life? In my dreams, cellphones and lights don't work right, and I've sometimes realized that I'm dreaming because of this.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 15989
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you dreaming about something not working as it does in real life? In my dreams, cellphones and lights don't work right, and I've sometimes realized that I'm dreaming because of this. This would fall under the definition of an ardem, as would Biograd's guess. Neither of them are the exact definition I'm looking for, which is simpler
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 794
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooo...is medar where you realize that you are dreaming and try to stay in that dream to make conscious decisions about what your dream-self does next?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 16019
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 5:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooo...is medar where you realize that you are dreaming Yes; this is the exact definition of medarring and try to stay in that dream to make conscious decisions about what your dream-self does next? No

Actually, Galfisk and Biograd pretty much have the answer for the other word, so here's the

**********SPOILER**********

Medar: to realize that you are dreaming while in the dream.
Ardem: a dream containing a factual error.

I have medarred at least once, when I realized that something that usually came out on Fridays had come out on a Thursday (in my dream), so I knew it wasn't real life. I have an awful lot of ardems (in fact, almost if not all of my dreams are ardems), but most of the time, I don't realize that it was a dream until after I wake up.

Nice work everyone; new puzzle at the bottom.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 4669
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool, I've Medarred a few times, but usually I become too aware and slip into consciousness.
All my dreams are ardems. It seems that my usually logical brain likes having a bit of fun while I'm asleep :-)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 16026
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know the feeling. When coming back down to Elon after Thanksgiving break, I dreamed that Albert Pujols released a CD of original songs. I don't know how I didn't medar then.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: