[Kyeannpepper] Should Look Before She... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2012 » [Kyeannpepper] Should Look Before She Leaps « Previous Next »

Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She saw two colors.
She=HTF=Kyeannpepper
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant what the colors were? Red and green? Something else? Did she see them indoors? Outdoors? Were they lights on an electric device?
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could she ONLY see two colors and nothing else? Black and white? Are we talking real colors here, or perhaps colors as in crayons or flags or something else..?

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant what the colors were? YES! Red and green? No Something else? Yes Did she see them indoors? This one Outdoors? Were they lights on an electric device? Yope
Could she ONLY see two colors and nothing else? No Black and white? No Are we talking real colors here, or perhaps colors as in crayons or flags or something else..? Rephrase please?

Post Number: 230
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tricky to rephrase... I suppose if you don't use "colors" as a different names for "flags", I will take that as a 'yes' to that we are talking about 'real' colors.

Did she see objects with these colors? Were they lamps/diods? Were the colors painted or drawn? Did the color have a specific meaning to her? Was she surprised to see these colors? relieved? Had she expected to see them?

Could she see the colors simultaniuosly? Where they close together?

Post Number: 216
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tricky to rephrase... I suppose if you don't use "colors" as a different names for "flags", I will take that as a 'yes' to that we are talking about 'real' colors. Oh, now I get it. I wouldn't be able to explain it to you, but I get it! Yes, they are 'real' colors.

Did she see objects with these colors? Yope Were they lamps/diods? No Were the colors painted or drawn? No Did the color have a specific meaning to her? YES!! But not just to me Was she surprised to see these colors? A bit relieved? This too, a little Had she expected to see them? Eventually, yes

Could she see the colors simultaniuosly? NOO! Where they close together? So no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 799
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Traffic signals?
Were the colors used to communicate? If so, something negative, such as danger? something positive, like team spirit? something neutral, such as instructions?

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did over a minute pass between her seeing one color and the next? Would the colors have the same meaning to just about everyone? Would everyone react to them the way you did? Is another person involved in this puzzle? Did the colors appear naturally, or were they (directly or indirectly) human-made?

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Traffic signals? No
Were the colors used to communicate? Yes with slight ish If so, something negative, such as danger? something positive, like team spirit? One is this one, not the example though something neutral, such as instructions? The other is this one, again not the example though
Did over a minute pass between her seeing one color and the next? No, more like 5-10 seconds Would the colors have the same meaning to just about everyone? NO! Would everyone react to them the way you did? NO! Is another person involved in this puzzle? Yes Did the colors appear naturally, or were they (directly or indirectly) human-made? Directly human-made

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this take place in her house?
Did she see the colors on a screen?
The other person involved in the puzzle was the cause of the colors?

Post Number: 222
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this take place in her house? Yes
Did she see the colors on a screen? Yes
The other person involved in the puzzle was the cause of the colors? Yes

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a computer screen?
Was the other person physically present in the room/house?
Is there anyone else besides these two relevant for the puzzle?

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a computer screen? Yes!
Was the other person physically present in the room/house? Irrelevant.
Is there anyone else besides these two relevant for the puzzle? No.

Post Number: 246
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other person sitting infront of another computer at the moment when the colors appeared?
Is the Internet relevant?
chatting?
gaming?
some kind of joke involved?

Post Number: 229
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other person sitting infront of another computer at the moment when the colors appeared? YES!
Is the Internet relevant? Yes!
chatting?
gaming?
some kind of joke involved? No to all, although 'chatting' comes closest.

Post Number: 248
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A specific webpage relevant? Facebook?
A specific program? MSN?
Hacking or viruses involved?

I thought I had already asked this, but apparently not... Were they two different colors, or the same color appearing twice?

Post Number: 231
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A specific webpage relevant? YES! Facebook? But not this. I don't even have a Facebook. Say what you will.
A specific program? MSN?
Hacking or viruses involved? No to rest.

I thought I had already asked this, but apparently not... Were they two different colors, or the same color appearing twice? Two different colors.

Post Number: 250
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A blog?
Your, or the other person's homepage?
A search engine?
LateralPuzzles?
Am I likely to know this webpage?

This other person involved... male or female?
do you know him/her?
did you know, or immatiately realize that the colors were caused by him/her?

As for the colors... Where either of the colors:
blue?
red?
green?
yellow?
white?
black?
brown?
grey?
orange?
purple?
pink?

Post Number: 233
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A blog?
Your, or the other person's homepage?
A search engine?
LateralPuzzles? This one! The LTPF, actually.
Am I likely to know this webpage? You are certain to know this webpage...(See above)

This other person involved... male or female? Irrelevant.
do you know him/her?
did you know, or immatiately realize that the colors were caused by him/her? Yes

As for the colors... Where either of the colors:
blue? The second one was this
red?
green?
yellow?
white?
black?
brown?
grey?
orange?
purple? The first was this.
pink?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Visited links and unvisited links?

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gregoryuconn - of course! Darn, I wanted to come up with that! =)

Was someone else logged into her account?
Did she (you) jump to a false conclusion?
Did she believe she saw something, but then realized her mistake?

Post Number: 236
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Visited links and unvisited links? Yes!
Gregoryuconn - of course! Darn, I wanted to come up with that! =) Well, you can still come up with that. You just won't be first :-)

Was someone else logged into her account? No.
Did she (you) jump to a false conclusion? Yes!
Did she believe she saw something, but then realized her mistake? Yes!

Post Number: 255
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of your own puzzles involved?

Post Number: 238
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of your own puzzles involved? YES!!!

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you at first think something bad had happened and then find out everything was as it should be?
Did you at first think something good had happened (someone had added a comment?) and then you realized they hadn't?
Did the link change color when you refreshed the page?
Or did your eye just... slip?

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you at first think something bad had happened and then find out everything was as it should be?
Did you at first think something good had happened (someone had added a comment?) and then you realized they hadn't? YES!!!! That was the last piece...time for the
***************SPOILER***************

Back when I was a much newer member, I would post an answer to my puzzle, go to the 'Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles' section, see that the link to my puzzle was blue (meaning I had a new post), and get all excited. Of course, my computer didn't realize that it was my post, and that I already knew about it. So it got me all excited for nothing. Now, of course, I look at the 'last poster' BEFORE that happens (I click on it anyways, but that's just so I do know when someone posts on my puzzle).
Shiny gold star to Emma_nilsson and everyone else who worked on this! Check out my new puzzle at the bottom of the page and please, PLEASE ask questions on my 'Be Careful What You Wish For' puzzle. I have posted a RECAP!!!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16568
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still do this and didn't figure it out. I've been wanting to run a puzzle based on the color of the puzzle link for a while, but couldn't come up with it. You did it very well -- nice one!

Post Number: 247
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why thank you Balin! *heads over to ask questions on Balin puzzles*

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: