[Emma_nilsson] The youth of today... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2012 » [Emma_nilsson] The youth of today... « Previous Next »

Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 227
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So long since I was here...

When he saw the teenage girl, he immediately concluded that she had been naughty.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome back!
He 1=he 2?
Teenage girl=she?
The teenage girl: HTF?
He: HAM?
Was his conclusion correct?

Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome back! thanks =^.^=
He 1=he 2? yes
Teenage girl=she? yes
The teenage girl: HTF? yes
He: HAM? H and M, not A
Was his conclusion correct? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16540
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Emma! I remember you!

Is "he" a child? Another teenager?

Relevant where this takes place?

Did he see her in person? A video of her? A picture of her?

Is her clothing relevant?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 798
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Specific "naughtiness" relevant? or just naughty in general? If relevant, did she break a rule? a law? do something socially unacceptable?

Post Number: 233
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Emma! I remember you! that's kind of impressive!

Is "he" a child? this Another teenager?

Relevant where this takes place? not really

Did he see her in person? this A video of her? A picture of her?

Is her clothing relevant? no, but otrt

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Specific "naughtiness" relevant? or just naughty in general? this If relevant, did she break a rule? a law? do something socially unacceptable? she did none of these things - the child's assumption was false
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 802
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the child assume she was being punished?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 2860
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she standing outside the principal's office?

in a corner?

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the child assume she was being punished? yes
was she standing outside the principal's office? no

in a corner? no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In the child's mind:
Was she physically punished (as in, a spanking)? Was she made to do chores? Did she have something taken away? Was she protesting in some way?
If any of the above are correct, was the child accurate in his assumption?

Post Number: 241
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In the child's mind:
Was she physically punished (as in, a spanking)? physical yes, but not anything like spanking Was she made to do chores? no Did she have something taken away? no Was she protesting in some way? she might have been, but if so, the child did not understand this
If any of the above are correct, was the child accurate in his assumption? no, his assumption was totally false
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2881
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she tied or handcuffed to something?

Post Number: 245
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she tied or handcuffed to something? no, but this is more OTRT than spanking
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kinda sure this has been already asked, but a quick scroll didn't find it: Was she protesting something?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2904
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she inside a cage? other enclosure?

Post Number: 311
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kinda sure this has been already asked, but a quick scroll didn't find it: Was she protesting something? might have been, but if so, not very activly.

was she inside a cage? other enclosure? no to both

hint: the child is one of my students...
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 769
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with her clothing? physical appearance other than clothing? hair-style, for example?

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with her clothing? physical appearance other than clothing? hair-style, for example? clothing is kind of close, explore! not hair-style, though
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jewelry? If so: Necklace? Bracelet? Anklet? Earrings? Other piercing?
Tattoo?
Was she wearing a cast?

Post Number: 315
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jewelry? If so: Necklace? Bracelet? Anklet? Earrings? Other piercing? this!
Tattoo?
Was she wearing a cast? no to rest
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 16630
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tongue piercing? Navel piercing?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 831
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nose ring?

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tongue piercing? Navel piercing? Nose ring? this!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 16637
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he think she was being led away with a hook through her nose, like prisoners of old?

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he think she was being led away with a hook through her nose, like prisoners of old? close, but not quite

Hint: I am this kid's teacher, and I (unwillingly) was the cause for his false assumption, due to something I said in class.
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 772
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are non-humans re;evamt in any way?

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are non-humans re;evamt in any way? yes!
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 776
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he think the girl was more 'dangerous' (like a bull) rather than simply 'naughty,' and had to be controlled?

Post Number: 326
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he think the girl was more 'dangerous' (like a bull) rather than simply 'naughty,' and had to be controlled? exactly!

***********SPOILER*************

I was teaching my first-graders about farm-animals, among other things explaining that you put a ring through a bull's nose to make it more docile and easy to handle.
On a fieldtrip, we saw a teenage girl with a nosering walking down the street. One of my students - the boy in the puzzle - stared wide-eyed at her and then asked me in a hushed voice, "Did she need to become more docile?"
I've never laughed so hard in my life... Poor kid.
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 778
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kids can be so literal-minded, can't they?
Great puzzle, Emma!
Speaking of literal-mindedness, ever read the Amelia Bedelia books for children, by Peggy Parish? Might be some good lateral puzzle ideas in there.

Post Number: 332
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kids are great. I do lateral puzzles with my students at every lunch break. Part of the reason why I came back here, was to find new puzzles to ask them, since I'm starting to run out. =) They've started to make up their own puzzles too and I encourage it. Never heard of that book, tell me more?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 16646
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've read some of those books! They're about a maid who takes all her commands, especially ones involving figures of speech, literally, and humorous havoc ensues. For instance, I remember one where she was told to "strip the sheets' (meaning "remove them from the bed") and she tore the sheets into strips. They're hilarious.

Post Number: 333
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like that book should be read in english. =) too bad, or I could have read it to the class.
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 780
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was thinking they could be mined for lateral puzzles, after everybody has forgotten our little conversation here!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 844
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I loved the Amelia Bedelia books as a child. Unfortunately, it's true that a lot of the funny parts are English puns. I remember "Make the beds"- and she literally constructed them.

Great puzzle. What a cute thing for a child to say!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: