[Emma_nilsson] The opposite to "groun... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2012 » [Emma_nilsson] The opposite to "grounded"...? « Previous Next »

Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many years ago, I regularly had to leave my own room.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16577
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I" = you, Emma?
Your room -- your bedroom?
Was this as an infant? A child? A teenager?
Did you leave your room because you wanted to? Because you had to?
Was the room being painted?

Post Number: 264
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I" = you, Emma? yes
Your room -- your bedroom? yes
Was this as an infant? A child? A teenager? this
Did you leave your room because you wanted to? Because you had to? this
Was the room being painted? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16587
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you share your bedroom?
Are your parents relevant? Siblings? Friends?

Post Number: 266
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you share your bedroom? no
Are your parents relevant? this one, quite a lot, but for the sake of the puzzle, we could say no, as it might be a good idea not to focus on it Siblings? Friends? no to rest
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 2888
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you have to leave your room so someone else could sleep there?

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you have to leave your room so someone else could sleep there? no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 808
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any particular furniture pieces relevant? The location of the room within the house? Did someone else require use of your room for any reason?

Or was the reason you had to leave due to something OUTSIDE the bedroom? For instance, perhaps your parents insisted that you go for walks with them or do chores. Was it anything like this? Anything else outside your room relevant?

Post Number: 276
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any particular furniture pieces relevant? noish, but you might want to define/explore The location of the room within the house? no Did someone else require use of your room for any reason? noish

Or was the reason you had to leave due to something OUTSIDE the bedroom? no For instance, perhaps your parents insisted that you go for walks with them or do chores. Was it anything like this? not at all Anything else outside your room relevant? no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 810
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Objects within the room relevant? For instance, entertainment (such as television, books, etc.)? Lighting relevant? Comfort items, such as blankets or sentimental objects? Architectural elements? Noise relevant? Pets relevant?

Post Number: 279
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Objects within the room relevant? yes For instance, entertainment (such as television, books, etc.)? no Lighting relevant? yes Comfort items, such as blankets or sentimental objects? no Architectural elements? no Noise relevant? no Pets relevant? yes
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 811
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lighting: Lamp? Ceiling light? Flashlight? Candles? Light from the window?

Pet: Bird? Reptile? Amphibian? Fish? Cat? Dog? Rodent?

Post Number: 280
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lighting: Lamp? this Ceiling light? Flashlight? Candles? Light from the window?

Pet: Bird? Reptile? this Amphibian? Fish? Cat? Dog? Rodent?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have a reptile as a pet? Was it a snake? A lizard? Relevant what exactly the species was?

Was it cumbersome to you (leaving the room)? Did it have anything to do with the reptile's feeding habits? If yes, should've been darker in the room? Less noise?

Any other people relevant? Was it your pet? Were you ordered by someone else to leave the room in order for the pet to have some more comfort?

Relevant how you've acquired the pet? If yes, was it your choice? Somebody else's?

Post Number: 288
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have a reptile as a pet? yes Was it a snake? A lizard? this Relevant what exactly the species was? no - it was a giant day gecko

Was it cumbersome to you (leaving the room)? I'm not sure what you mean by this... rephrase? Did it have anything to do with the reptile's feeding habits? no If yes, should've been darker in the room? Less noise?

Any other people relevant? yes, but you might not want to focus on this Was it your pet? yes Were you ordered by someone else to leave the room yes in order for the pet to have some more comfort? yesish

Relevant how you've acquired the pet? not really If yes, was it your choice? this Somebody else's?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 829
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 3:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the lizard use the lamp for some purpose?

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the lizard use the lamp for some purpose? define, please. 'The' lamp - the ceiling lamp in my room? And how does a lizard 'use' anything..? =)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 838
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Example: I had a pet snake. Occasionally, I put him in a little box on a top shelf near my ceiling lamp (it was a small room). He would bask in its warmth the way he would have in the sun outside (but it was winter). Was it anything like this?

Post Number: 327
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Example: I had a pet snake. Occasionally, I put him in a little box on a top shelf near my ceiling lamp (it was a small room). He would bask in its warmth the way he would have in the sun outside (but it was winter). Was it anything like this? well, not quite, but still OTRT. "Basking" and heat isn't really important for the puzzle, though. Ceiling lamp not relevant. Remember, I had to leave my room.
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the Gecko need darkness occasionally for some reason? (I don't know much about reptiles)

Did it occasionally get lost in the room?

When you had to leave the room, was it for less than 15 minutes? Less than two hours? less then a day? Less than a week?

Post Number: 342
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the Gecko need darkness occasionally for some reason? no (I don't know much about reptiles)

Did it occasionally get lost in the room? yes, but not relevant for this puzzle =)

When you had to leave the room, was it for less than 15 minutes? This. I think it was 10 minutes. Less than two hours? less then a day? Less than a week?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It wasn't just that the tank needed to be cleaned, was it? Apology if this was already asked.

Allergies involved?

Post Number: 344
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It wasn't just that the tank needed to be cleaned, was it? no Apology if this was already asked. I don't think it was

Allergies involved? no
Remember, lighting is relevant
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the lighting have anything to do with the biology of your Gecko?

If not, does the lighting have to do with finding your Gecko?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3027
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

regularly as in daily? weekly? monthly?

did you need to leave the room because it became too hot? because the light bothered you? because the light was dangerous to you?

mating relevant? skin-shredding?

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the lighting have anything to do with the biology of your Gecko? yes

If not, does the lighting have to do with finding your Gecko? so, no

regularly as in daily? this, or every other day weekly? monthly?

did you need to leave the room because it became too hot? because the light bothered you? because the light was dangerous to you? this!

mating relevant? skin-shredding? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3033
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the lighting UV light?

does the gecko need the light for its health?

Post Number: 367
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the lighting UV light? yes!

does the gecko need the light for its health? yes!

close enough to a $poiler?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2492
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just summing everything up, and if it's correct, you can spoil?!

You had a gecko as a pet. For its health, it needed to be exposed to UV light every other day or so. Since the UV light was harmful (or could have been harmful?) to humans, you had to leave your room for those 10 minutes.
Correct?

Post Number: 371
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just summing everything up, and if it's correct, you can spoil?!

You had a gecko as a pet. For its health, it needed to be exposed to UV light every other day or so. Since the UV light was harmful (or could have been harmful?) to humans, you had to leave your room for those 10 minutes.
Correct?

Correct!

**********SPOILER**********

When I first got my gecko, we didn't have a proper UV-light for him, so we used an old type of solarium light, that wasn't totally legal anymore, and, presumably, not too healthy for humans. So I lit it for a few minutes every day and left the room during that time. Very good!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: