[Balin] MacGyverisms 'r' us -- Latera... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2012 » [Balin] MacGyverisms 'r' us -- Lateral Adventure « Previous Next »

Author Message
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16589
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Normally, I plan out my adventures in advance, but I'm going to make this one up as I go along. You'll be taking on the role of Angus MacGyver, the '80s cultural icon, national Swiss Army knife spokesman, and worldwide symbol of improvisation, and you'll have to escape situations using only the available items. Let's go!

A ringing rouses you from your state of unconsciousness. You wake up, shake off the blurriness, and look around for the source of the ringing. Small room, glass walls, and a telephone on the wall -- you're in a phone booth, and it's the phone that's ringing. You cautiously pick it up.

"Hello?" The phone clicks, then that annoying buzz tone starts. You drop the receiver and look around. In the distance, you see something large and yellow moving towards you. Looks like a runaway crane is heading towards you, and you can't quite remember what you've been working on...but it will come to you. But for now, time to escape!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 269
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LATERAL ADVENTURE!!! *is VERY happy kitteh*
What are you wearing? Anything in your pockets?
See if you can open the door. If you can, get out of the booth and away from the large yellow thing (how fast is it moving, by the way?). If it isn't, hold the phone in your hand and use it to smash the glass in the booth (unless there's something better in your pockets, of course).
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16594
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are you wearing? A leather jacket, blue polo shirt, blue jeans held up with my belt, and sneakers. Anything in your pockets? Yes -- a Swiss Army knife and a roll of duct tape.
See if you can open the door. No -- the door's blocked by a fire hydrant right next to the booth. If you can, get out of the booth and away from the large yellow thing (how fast is it moving, by the way?). Pretty quickly -- I'd say I've got less than a minute before it reaches me. -Or, in LTPF time, you'll get out right before it reaches the phone booth. If it isn't, hold the phone in your hand and use it to smash the glass in the booth (unless there's something better in your pockets, of course). I'd do that, but the phone cord is too short for me to reach the glass with the phone receiver.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 271
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cut the phone cord with the Swiss Army knife and use the reciever it to smash the glass?
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 272
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might even be a good idea to wrap your hands in duct tape first, just in case...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 272
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or the leather jacket.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 807
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If there's no time to wrap the hands, I'd risk getting cut over surviving being run over. How on earth did we get in the booth if the door was blocked by a fire hydrant?
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 277
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume the both was somehow moved after our entry... Correct? Relevant?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16595
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cut the phone cord with the Swiss Army knife and use the reciever it to smash the glass? (Might even be a good idea to wrap your hands in duct tape first, just in case... Or the leather jacket.) I don't need to wrap my hands; I should be fine. In any case, I cut the cord to the phone, leaving a decent-sized length trailing from the receiver just in case, and smash the glass with the phone. This leaves a massive hole, and I escape just seconds before the crane smashes the phone booth to bits. The crane smashes into the fire hydrant and stops. Water sprays out, mixing with the broken glass.

How on earth did we get in the booth if the door was blocked by a fire hydrant? I assume the booth was somehow moved after our entry... That's a great question; I have no idea. Maybe I should set that aside and figure out where I am.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 278
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...Where do you seem to be now? Description please?
The make-it-up-as-you-go-along laventure plan sounds fun, I think I might try it! Eventually.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 282
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hold on to that phone for now. =)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16601
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...Where do you seem to be now? Description please? I'm on what appears to be a side street or alley with many nondescript buildings lining it. Wait a minute -- the building nearest the stopped crane looks familiar. Yes, there's a number above the door -- 4118. I remember that -- there's something going on in here that I need to stop from happening.
The make-it-up-as-you-go-along laventure plan sounds fun, I think I might try it! Eventually. I'm finding it interesting. This is the first time I've tried it.

Hold on to that phone for now. =) Done.

Side note: people who liked this adventure also liked this link.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 282
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, see if you can enter building 4118.
Incidentally, is the Swiss Army knife one of the ones with five tools, or is it one of the ones that are as thick as a quarter is tall and has about 100 different uses? *hopes for latter(al adventure)*
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16605
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, see if you can enter building 4118. I try to pull open the door, but as I grab the handle, I feel a buzz and see a red laser scanning my thumb. Instinctively, I jump back just as the step in front of the door retracts. If I hadn't backed up, I'd have fallen 50 feet. I'll have to find another way in.
Incidentally, is the Swiss Army knife one of the ones with five tools, or is it one of the ones that are as thick as a quarter is tall and has about 100 different uses? *hopes for latter(al adventure)* The knife I carry has 2 knife blades, a saw, corkscrew, fish scaler, toothpick, tweezers, can opener/flathead screwdriver, Phillips-head screwdriver, awl, bottle opener, and key ring.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 286
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How tall is the building? Is it scalable?
Most important for now though, was there someone driving the crane?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16608
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How tall is the building? About 5 stories. Is it scalable? I don't think I could scale the walls; they're made of extremely tight brick.
Most important for now though, was there someone driving the crane? No, the crane is completely empty.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 290
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the building have windows?
How tall is the crane? Can you get into it? Get ontop of it? Manouver it?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 294
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seems like we need the right fingerprint to get in.
Any keys on the key ring?
Does building 4118 have any windows?
Walk around the building. Any other doors?
I doubt it, but this time we actually had something useful in our pocket! I mean, duct tape and a Swiss Army knife? You're spoiling us, Balin :-)!
Hang on. Is there any way to die? *is worried*
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16613
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the building have windows? It does.
How tall is the crane? The top of the crane arm reaches up to the 5th-story window. Can you get into it? Get ontop of it? I can definitely do this, but neither of the other two. Manouver it?

Seems like we need the right fingerprint to get in. That's a possibility.
Any keys on the key ring? No.
Does building 4118 have any windows? Yes, as I have mentioned.
Walk around the building. Any other doors? I can't walk around the building because the adjacent buildings touch the sides of this one.
I doubt it, but this time we actually had something useful in our pocket! I mean, duct tape and a Swiss Army knife? You're spoiling us, Balin :-)! Hey, it's MacGyver. Of course you're going to have duct tape and a pocketknife. ;-)
Hang on. Is there any way to die? *is worried* -No.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 302
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How close is the crane to building 4118?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16615
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How close is the crane to building 4118? Pretty much right next to it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 298
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, get on top of the crane, smash the window with the phone, and get into building 4118!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16619
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, get on top of the crane, smash the window with the phone, and get into building 4118! I climb up the crane arm, and when I get to the window, I smash it with the phone receiver and climb in.

Looking around, I appear to be in a bedroom of some sort. There's a large bed in the middle of the room, a wardrobe in one corner, a desk with a computer on it in another, a chest of drawers in the third, and a nightstand in the one nearest the window.

I'm about to examine further when I hear footsteps outside the door. I think someone's coming!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 304
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quick! Hide in the wardrobe and escape to Narnia :-)! Or if Narnia refuses to cooperate, just hide in the wardrobe, wait for the person to pass by you, and knock them out with the phone. Or the duct tape. Or your fist. Whichever works best.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 814
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While in the wardrobe, if you're able, take a quick look around. What's in that thing, anyway?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16621
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quick! Hide in the wardrobe and escape to Narnia :-)! Or if Narnia refuses to cooperate, just hide in the wardrobe, wait for the person to pass by you, and knock them out with the phone. Or the duct tape. Or your fist. Whichever works best. I quickly step in the wardrobe and close the door, but I leave it open a crack. I watch as a guard opens the door to the room, looks around, and notices the broken window. He notices the broken window, looks around the room again, and says something into a radio. I hear the radio crackle, but can only make out the words "five minutes." The guard exits the room again and closes the door quietly.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16622
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While in the wardrobe, if you're able, take a quick look around. What's in that thing, anyway? A lot of clothes. Mainly black suits and guard uniforms.

I'll add that when the guard left the room, he left the door open a crack.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 309
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get out of the wardrobe and see what's on the computer.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 310
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might be a good idea to change into a guard uniform?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16626
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get out of the wardrobe and see what's on the computer. It needs a password. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that password is.

Might be a good idea to change into a guard uniform? Done. I've put one on over my original clothing -- I selected one that's a size larger.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 313
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright, check out the chest of drawers. What's in it?
Any drawers in the nightstand? If so, see what's in them.
Anything under the bed?
Any drawers in the desk? If so, see what' in them.
If your search of the room fails to provide anything of interest, go out the door and describe what you see.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 824
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Other common places for stashing passwords:
-under the keyboard?
-on the underside of the desk?
-on/around the computer?
-on the wall?
-on the underside of the chair?
-on the underside of a drawer?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16632
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alright, check out the chest of drawers. What's in it? More clothes. A variety of shirts, pants, undergarments, etc.
Any drawers in the nightstand? Yes, one. If so, see what's in them. A deck of cards, a bracelet, a wristwatch, and a letter opener.
Anything under the bed? Dust.
Any drawers in the desk? Yes, two. If so, see what' in them. One has a bunch of papers -- they appear to be blueprints.

Other common places for stashing passwords:
-under the keyboard?
-on the underside of the desk?
-on/around the computer?
-on the wall?
-on the underside of the chair?
-on the underside of a drawer? No passwords in any of these areas. I've even removed the drawers and checked behind them -- nothing.

If your search of the room fails to provide anything of interest, go out the door and describe what you see. I'm about to walk outside when I hear footsteps approaching. It seems the guard has called in reinforcements...I'd better do something!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 836
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have time, snatch up the bracelet, wristwatch, deck of cards, blueprints, and letter opener.

Otherwise, try to fashion a rope of sorts out of the bedsheets, kid-movie style. Toss it out the window and secure it to the bed.

Face the window. Just as the guards show up, turn around (you're disguised, remember?), and shout, "Quick, don't let her get away! She's headed south!" Or something of that nature. Unless another member has a better idea.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 319
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I would like it if we could go to Narnia. But the wardrobe in the room is apparently not the magical kind.
I second Ciaobella's idea! Changing it to "Quick, don't let him get away! He's heading south!" as they might be looking for us. And we are a he.
Oh, and get the watch if you can.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16638
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have time, snatch up the bracelet, wristwatch, deck of cards, blueprints, and letter opener. I don't have time to do that now, but I can grab these after I get rid of the guards.

Otherwise, try to fashion a rope of sorts out of the bedsheets, kid-movie style. Toss it out the window and secure it to the bed. I manage to fashion a makeshift rope in less than a minute and toss it out the window, tying it to the bed.

Face the window. Just as the guards show up, turn around (you're disguised, remember?), and shout, "Quick, don't let him get away! He's headed south!" Or something of that nature. Unless another member has a better idea. I do this. As three guards burst in, I point toward the window and shout, "He must have just escaped. I think he's headed south. Don't let him get away!" The guards immediately start climbing down the makeshift rope. However, I must not have cleared out all of the window glass, as a sharp edge slices through the sheets and drops the guards to the ground.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16639
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have time, snatch up the bracelet, wristwatch, deck of cards, blueprints, and letter opener. Now that the guards are out cold, I grab these items and look at the blueprints. It appears to be some sort of explosive and delivery device, but I'll have to check them out in more detail later. It also appears there are some missing blueprints.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 837
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the guards are injured on the ground below, it might be prudent to find another way out. You never know what sort of weapons they may have. Do you think we should explore the building further?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16643
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the guards are injured on the ground below, it might be prudent to find another way out. You never know what sort of weapons they may have. Do you think we should explore the building further? That sounds like a good idea to me.

I open the door and find myself in a corridor. I head down the corridor, pass a door on my left, and am about to reach the corridor's end -- at the end, I can go left or right -- when I hear footsteps. I drop to the floor as a guard walks past. I stay down, and less than a minute later, he walks past again. I quickly backtrack down the corridor. I'll have to find a way to defeat this guard.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 330
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can, climb down on the crane and search the guards for weapons. If you find any that you know how to use, see if you can use them to defeat the guard.
Shameless self-advertising: People who like this lateral adventure will also like Kyeannpepper's lateral adventure, as well as her new puzzle!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16647
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can, climb down on the crane and search the guards for weapons. If you find any that you know how to use, see if you can use them to defeat the guard. Unfortunately, although I can backtrack into the bedroom, I cannot climb down the crane. It appears that in the time I've been in this room, its position has shifted and it is unreachable.
Shameless self-advertising: People who like this lateral adventure will also like Kyeannpepper's lateral adventure, as well as her new puzzle! I'm thinking over your LV right now...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16648
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can, climb down on the crane and search the guards for weapons. If you find any that you know how to use, see if you can use them to defeat the guard. Unfortunately, although I can backtrack into the bedroom, I cannot climb down the crane. It appears that in the time I've been in this room, its position has shifted and it is unreachable.
Shameless self-advertising: People who like this lateral adventure will also like Kyeannpepper's lateral adventure, as well as her new puzzle! I'm thinking over your LV right now...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 332
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any other doors in the hallway?
Observe the guard. Does he look into each way at the fork?
If not, what kind of bracelet do we have? If it's beaded, take it apart and throw it up the hallway (away from the left-right fork) to distract the guard. Then dash up the hall and head down the right fork (or the left, whichever looks more promising).
Well, you could always ask for an inventory recap.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 841
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, an inventory recap, please, MacBalin.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 333
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I, er, meant in my puzzle. But...
Yes please, an inventory recap.
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
New member
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 843
Registered: 8-2011
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops! Sorry Kyeann. It's been a long day.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16651
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any other doors in the hallway? No, just the one.
Observe the guard. Does he look into each way at the fork? He looks straight ahead as he walks and does not turn his head, like a sentry in an old film.
If not, what kind of bracelet do we have? It's a silver chain-style bracelet. If it's beaded, take it apart and throw it up the hallway (away from the left-right fork) to distract the guard. Then dash up the hall and head down the right fork (or the left, whichever looks more promising).
Well, you could always ask for an inventory recap. -Will do.

Yes, an inventory recap, please, MacBalin.

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Guard uniform
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Phone receiver with a foot of cord attached
Deck of playing cards
Silver chain-style bracelet
Wristwatch
Letter opener
Blueprints
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 340
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any writing on the [LTPF list of our inventory items]? Any meaningful designs?
If something does have any meaningful designs, prick yourself and put the blood on the thing. Then roll it on the duct tape or something, like in National Treasure.

It's fine Ciaobella. I Thursday dragged on forever for me too.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16659
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any writing on the [LTPF list of our inventory items]? Any meaningful designs? No, nothing.
If something does have any meaningful designs, prick yourself and put the blood on the thing. Then roll it on the duct tape or something, like in National Treasure. Clever idea, but I don't see anything that might work like that.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 342
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, then throw the letter opener down the hall (away from the fork) and make a run for it! If neither of the halls seems more appealing, then go down the right one.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 343
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No! Wait! Hold on that idea! Throw the letter opener down the LEFT fork, then dash down the RIGHT! I think that will work better.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16661
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, then throw the letter opener down the hall (away from the fork) and make a run for it! Throw the letter opener down the LEFT fork, then dash down the RIGHT! I think that will work better. OK. I wait until the guard is walking to the right, then toss the letter opener to the left. The guard turns and hurries down the hall, and I quickly hurry down the right hall. The hallway is not very long, and I come to an electrical box at the end of the hall. Before I can open it, the guard turns and notices me. He barks out, "Stay where you are!", menacing me with the letter opener while slowly pacing towards me and moving his other hand towards his radio. What now?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 348
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 5:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Snap. Maybe we shouldn't have thrown a sharp implement...
Menace him right back with the saw in your Swiss Army knife. Or, if that doesn't seem like a good idea, open the electrical box if you can. Tell us what you see.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 349
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh! See if you can whip the opener out of his hand with your belt! Or else keep him back with the buckle, which I am assuming is metal...
If this actually works, I will be extremely surprised. Then again, this is MacGyver...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16663
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Snap. Maybe we shouldn't have thrown a sharp implement...
Menace him right back with the saw in your Swiss Army knife. The saw isn't very menacing, even to me, so I'm not even going to try this. Or, if that doesn't seem like a good idea, open the electrical box if you can. Tell us what you see. I can't open the box while the guard's focused on me.

Oh! See if you can whip the opener out of his hand with your belt! Or else keep him back with the buckle, which I am assuming is metal... I whip my belt at the letter opener and manage to knock it out of his hand. The implement bounces backwards, and the guard has turned around to go get it. But I'm sure that when he does get it, he'll go back to menacing me with at.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 353
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Okay, now open the electrical box.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16668
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, now open the electrical box. I go to do this, but the guard's already coming towards me with the letter opener again. I need to find some way to knock him out.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 357
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you whip him on the head with the belt buckle? Or would the guard just grab the belt and take it out of you hands?

Um, maybe try hitting him with the phone while holding onto the cord?

Or, just try and knock him out with a punch to the head. Last resort, of course.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16670
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you whip him on the head with the belt buckle? Or would the guard just grab the belt and take it out of you hands? I whip the belt at the guard again and again knock the letter opener away.

Um, maybe try hitting him with the phone while holding onto the cord? When the guard turns to get the fallen letter opener, I sneak up behind him and whack him with the phone. He falls down unconscious and I grab the letter opener.

Or, just try and knock him out with a punch to the head. Last resort, of course.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 359
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Exellent! Tie him up with the belt or something so if he does wake up, he can't hurt us.
Okay, can we open the electrical box now?
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
New member
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 338
Registered: 5-2010
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wrap him up in duct tape. =D
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 363
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah! Wrap him up in duct tape!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16674
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Exellent! Tie him up with the belt or something so if he does wake up, he can't hurt us. Wrap him up in duct tape. =D Done -- I've taped his hands behind his back, his ankles together, and his wrists to his ankles. I also tape over his mouth. Don't worry, I've still got plenty of tape left.
Okay, can we open the electrical box now? Well, it's padlocked shut.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 367
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 5:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search the guard for a key.
Try to pick the lock with...something. I'm not experienced with picking locks.
Hit the lock with the phone, unless you think that would just make the phone shatter. What's the phone made of, anyways? Metal? Plastic? Plastic with metal stuff inside?
Saw at the lock with the blades on your knife, unless that would make them break. Then bludgeon the lock with the phone.

If none of this works, see what's in the right hallway. Check for guards first. Describe what you see.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16676
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Search the guard for a key. Nothing, but I do take his radio.
Try to pick the lock with...something. I'm not experienced with picking locks.
Hit the lock with the phone, unless you think that would just make the phone shatter. I pound on the lock, which breaks after a few blows. What's the phone made of, anyways? Metal? It's metal. Plastic? Plastic with metal stuff inside?
Saw at the lock with the blades on your knife, unless that would make them break. Then bludgeon the lock with the phone.

If none of this works, see what's in the right hallway. Check for guards first. Describe what you see. You are in the right hallway. The only thing in it is the electrical box. In the left hallway is a taped-up guard; behind him is a metal door. In the hallway before the fork is a door that has not yet been tried.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3661
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How did I miss this one...my favorite kind of puzzle based on one of my favorite TV shows?

Open the electrical box...what do you see?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16679
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How did I miss this one...my favorite kind of puzzle based on one of my favorite TV shows?

Open the electrical box...what do you see? A bunch of fuses, labeled:

5th floor
4th floor
3rd floor
2nd floor
1st floor
Elevator

There are fuses in all slots except the "Elevator" one.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3662
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, did you check the guard's pockets? If not, do that now.

Then see if the untried door will open. If so, what can you see?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16681
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, did you check the guard's pockets? No. If not, do that now. I have quickly done so. His pockets are empty.

Then see if the untried door will open. I test the door, and hey, it's unlocked. If so, what can you see? It's a small closet. Inside it is a raincoat and a toolbox.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 380
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get the raincoat and toolbox. What's in them?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3663
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About those fuses, are they all the same shape and size? Would it be possible to take a fuse from one slot and put it into the slot for "Elevator"?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16683
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get the raincoat and toolbox. What's in them? Inside the toolbox is a pair of pliers, an adjustable wrench, a claw hammer, and a mini-crowbar. In one of the raincoat's pockets is a rubber band, three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together, and a small heart-shaped stone.

About those fuses, are they all the same shape and size? Yes. Would it be possible to take a fuse from one slot and put it into the slot for "Elevator"? Yes. Do you want me to try one?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3664
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random (or maybe not so random) thought - do you see any fire alarm buttons on any of the walls? Is there a fire sprinkler system on the ceiling?

Let's hold off on the fuse switch for now. Have you seen an elevator anywhere?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16686
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random (or maybe not so random) thought - do you see any fire alarm buttons on any of the walls? Is there a fire sprinkler system on the ceiling? Nothing.

Let's hold off on the fuse switch for now. Have you seen an elevator anywhere? Not yet.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3665
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the metal door near the guard, see if it will open. If it does, what do you see?

Also listen for any chatter on the radio.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16692
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the metal door near the guard, see if it will open. If it does, what do you see? It does not open, and it appears to be electronically locked.

Also listen for any chatter on the radio. I haven't heard anything so far.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3666
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the way to reach the guard, you passed a door on the left (along the hallway you entered when you left the bedroom). Go back to that door, see if it will open, report what you see.

Do you see any air vents along walls or in the ceilings that would be large enough for you to climb into?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16702
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the way to reach the guard, you passed a door on the left (along the hallway you entered when you left the bedroom). Go back to that door, see if it will open, report what you see. That was the closet door with the toolbox and raincoat.

Do you see any air vents along walls or in the ceilings that would be large enough for you to climb into? Let me check... Nothing.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3667
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allright then I'm confused - what's the layout of the level that you're on? A "T" shaped hallway?

The doors we've seen are: closet, electronically locked door near the guard, and the room we entered via the window? Is that all?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 412
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm about to post a map, but need a white post background. Please ignore this post.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 413
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin, is the layout of the hallway like this:
_____________________________
|iiiiii>iiiiiii)iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*iii|f
|___________iiiiiiiiiiii__________|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiii< |
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|_____ |
Legend:
>=electronic door
)=unconscious guard
*=fuse box
<=window room
That was annoying. The computer kept erasing my spaces so I had to go do them in white text. I...hate...the...autocorrect....
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 415
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

..And I forgot the closet door. Hang on.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 416
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay. Is the hallway somewhat like this?
_____________________________
|iiiiii>iiiiiii)iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*iii|f
|___________iiiiiiiiiiii__________|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|+iiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiii< |
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|_____ |
Legend:
>=electronic door
)=unconscious guard
*=fuse box
<=window room
+=closet
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 417
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Last post in a row. No really, I promise.
How large are the fuses? Could you substitute a paperclip for one of the fuses?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16704
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay. Is the hallway somewhat like this? Close. You were only off with the window room:
_____________________________
|iiiiii>iiiiiii)iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*iii|
|___________iiiiiiiiiiii__________|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|+iiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|iiiiiiiiiii|
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii|__<_ |
Legend:
>=electronic door
)=unconscious guard
*=fuse box
<=window room aka "the bedroom we came in through"
+=closet

How large are the fuses? About as long as my pinky finger. Could you substitute a paperclip for one of the fuses? Probably not, but they are removable, remember.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 426
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 5:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take out the fifth floor fuse. That should cut the electricity to the locked door. Head over there and see if I'm right, if I am, open the door and describe what you see.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16706
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take out the fifth floor fuse. That should cut the electricity to the locked door. Head over there and see if I'm right, if I am, open the door and describe what you see. I remove the fifth floor fuse and the lights immediately go out. I also hear a click from the metal door, which I open, revealing a short hallway with a potted plant on one end and an elevator on the other.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
New member
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4742
Registered: 9-2009
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the fuse fit in the "elevator" slot? If so, put it in there. Can the elevator be called?
If not, remove the first floor fuse and but it int he fifth floor slot. Can it be called now?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3668
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have the option to go both up and down on the elevator? Only one option?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16711
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the fuse fit in the "elevator" slot? If so, put it in there. Can the elevator be called? Yes, it does. And yes, it can.
If not, remove the first floor fuse and but it int he fifth floor slot. Can it be called now?

Do you have the option to go both up and down on the elevator? Only one option? There's only a Down button on this floor, so I push it. The elevator reaches my floor and the doors open.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3671
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go into the elevator. Do you see a control panel? With differing options?

I'm thinking that before you go to another floor you may want to trade clothes with the guard, if you haven't already (seems like you may have done this).
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16714
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go into the elevator. Do you see a control panel? With differing options? Yes, there's a control panel with buttons B and 1-5.

I'm thinking that before you go to another floor you may want to trade clothes with the guard, if you haven't already (seems like you may have done this). I'm wearing one of the guard uniforms from the bedroom closet. Do you want me to change with the unconscious guard?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3676
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the two uniforms the same?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16719
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the two uniforms the same? Yes, they are.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3678
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well then try the next floor down, I assume that would be 4?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16724
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well then try the next floor down, I assume that would be 4? I push the "4" button, but instead of going down, the button scans my fingerprint (again!) and the elevator floor opens up. I fall down the shaft and fortunately land on something soft.

As I look up, I can see that the elevator's starting to descend. Fortunately, the shaft's a bit wider than the elevator, so I might have enough room to stand without getting squashed, but I'm not sure. I'd better do something!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3682
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there an exit to the shaft? A set of doors? If so, can you get them open to exit?

Has the floor to the elevator closed up again or is it still open?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3683
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And if you can ever get back to the floor you came from it may be a good idea to drag that guard along with you from now on and see if his fingerprint will work with any buttons that you have to press. Hopefully he'll make a nice pet.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16729
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there an exit to the shaft? The only way out that I can tell is through any of the doors that open onto the floors. They all appear to be closed solidly though. A set of doors? If so, can you get them open to exit? If I can pry them open, maybe.

Has the floor to the elevator closed up again or is it still open? \b[It's closed.}

And if you can ever get back to the floor you came from it may be a good idea to drag that guard along with you from now on and see if his fingerprint will work with any buttons that you have to press. Hopefully he'll make a nice pet. And hopefully he's still unconscious.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3687
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have the crowbar and/or hammer with you try those on any of the doors to see if you can pry them open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16735
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have the crowbar and/or hammer with you try those on any of the doors to see if you can pry them open. I do have everything, but given that I'm at the bottom of the shaft and the elevator is still coming down slowly...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 451
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you see what the 'something soft' is? Or is it too dark in the shaft?

Are you able to reach any of the doors? If so, try to pry them open with the crowbar or the hammer.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16737
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you see what the 'something soft' is? Or is it too dark in the shaft? There's a bit of light coming in from somewhere, and it seems that I've landed on a pile of sandbags.

Are you able to reach any of the doors? If so, try to pry them open with the crowbar or the hammer. I can't reach them because they're higher up in the shaft and I'm at the bottom. If I could climb up the shaft somehow, I could reach the doors.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3688
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible for you to displace some of the sandbags and lie down in the hole that is made? The elevator can't descend lower than the highest set of bags (unless this isn't an ordinary elevator).

Did you say that you could possibly side-step the elevator? Like press yourself against a wall or somewhere else out of its path? If the sandbag option isn't workable, is this?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16742
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible for you to displace some of the sandbags and lie down in the hole that is made? Maybe, but then I'd be stuck under the elevator. This needs some thinking through, I think. The elevator can't descend lower than the highest set of bags (unless this isn't an ordinary elevator). Hmmm... Looking up at the descending elevator, I can see what appears to be a pressure sensor on one of the elevator's corners. I'm guessing the sandbags trigger it to stop in case of emergency.

Did you say that you could possibly side-step the elevator? Like press yourself against a wall or somewhere else out of its path? Yes, but I'm not sure if this is doable; it'd be a tight squeeze. If the sandbag option isn't workable, is this?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3692
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you have time to stack a few bags underneath where the pressure sensor is? Stack them high enough so that if you lie flat the elevator won't squash you?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16744
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you have time to stack a few bags underneath where the pressure sensor is? Stack them high enough so that if you lie flat the elevator won't squash you? I have just enough time to pile five of the sandbags under the sensor and squat down. The elevator reaches the sandbags and stops.

Now that the elevator's stopped, I can see an electronic deadbolt lock on its bottom.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3696
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...do you know the purpose of the lock? Is it to allow or prevent access to the elevator? How does it operate? What would you have to do to open the lock?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16747
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...do you know the purpose of the lock? Is it to allow or prevent access to the elevator? My guess is that it's how the floor opened and dropped me down here. How does it operate? I'm not quite sure, but I can see an electronic sensor on it. What would you have to do to open the lock? I don't know.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3698
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So given your current situation, what would you suggest? You have quite an assortment of objects on you, do you think you'd have anything that could unlock the elevator floor doors? Does anything happen if you push upward on the doors?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 469
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hit the lock. Throw something at the lock. Try to pry the lock open with the crowbar. Kick the lock. Yell at the lock. Say, "Open sesame!" to the lock. Ask the lock nicely to let you in. Show the heart-shaped stone to the lock. Beg the lock to let you in. Be really mean to the lock. Offer the lock money. Offer the lock money, then steal the money back. Threaten to hit the lock with the crowbar if it doesn't let you in. Bite the lock. Laugh at the lock. Tell the lock that it's being very mean and if it doesn't open RIGHT NOW that you will tell its mother. Cry and tell the lock that 'It hurt your feewings!' Say 'Please' to the lock. Speak Spanish to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Spanish to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak Korean to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Korean to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak Arabic to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Arabic to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak German to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak German to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Tell the lock that you will pick it open with the paperclips if it doesn't open. Attempt to pick the lock open with the paperclips. Tell the lock that you are MacGyver and to open up RIGHT NOW or you will use your awesome MacGyver powers to open it anyways. Spit on the lock.

Tell the elevator to open the lock. Threaten to hit the elevator with the crowbar if it doesn't open the lock. Hit the elevator with the crowbar. Punch the elevator. Kick the elevator. Yell at the elevator. Ask the elevator nicely to open the lock. Threaten the elevator. Say, "Open sesame!" to the elevator. Show the heart-shaped stone to the elevator. Offer the elevator money. Offer the elevator money, then steal it back. Bite the elevator. Cry and tell the elevator that it and the lock 'hurt your feewings!' Throw paperclips at the elevator. Tell the elevator that you are MacGyver and if it doesn't open the lock RIGHT NOW you will use your awesome MacGyver powers to open the lock anyways. Tell the elevator 'please.' Spit on the elevator. Beg the elevator to open the lock. Laugh at the elevator. Speak Korean to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak Korean to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak Arabic to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak Arabic to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak German to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak German to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak Spanish to the elevator and ask it to open the lock nicely. Speak Spanish to the elevator and ask it to open the lock meanly.

Repeat all of the above with each of the sandbags. Also threaten to open the sandbags if it doesn't help you.

Repeat all of the above with each of the elevator shaft walls. Threaten to just climb up the walls anyways with your teeth, like in A Series of Unfortunate Events The Eratz Elevator.

Repeat all of the above with each of your tools, also threatening to leave them behind.

Hey, we got nothing but time. And clearly, I had far too much time to think of things to do with the lock/elevator/sandbags/elevator walls/tools.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 475
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd like to claim creation of the [LTPF list of increasingly desperate things to do to open a lock]. Any objections? :-)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16752
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So given your current situation, what would you suggest? It appears that your puzzling companion has quite a few suggestions... You have quite an assortment of objects on you, do you think you'd have anything that could unlock the elevator floor doors? I might, and help is at hand... Does anything happen if you push upward on the doors? No.

Hit the lock. Throw something at the lock. Try to pry the lock open with the crowbar. Kick the lock. Yell at the lock. Say, "Open sesame!" to the lock. Ask the lock nicely to let you in. Show the heart-shaped stone to the lock. Beg the lock to let you in. Be really mean to the lock. Offer the lock money. Offer the lock money, then steal the money back. Threaten to hit the lock with the crowbar if it doesn't let you in. Bite the lock. Laugh at the lock. Tell the lock that it's being very mean and if it doesn't open RIGHT NOW that you will tell its mother. Cry and tell the lock that 'It hurt your feewings!' Say 'Please' to the lock. Speak Spanish to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Spanish to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak Korean to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Korean to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak Arabic to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak Arabic to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Speak German to the lock and ask it to open nicely. Speak German to the lock and ask it to open meanly. Tell the lock that you will pick it open with the paperclips if it doesn't open. Attempt to pick the lock open with the paperclips. Tell the lock that you are MacGyver and to open up RIGHT NOW or you will use your awesome MacGyver powers to open it anyways. Spit on the lock.

Tell the elevator to open the lock. Threaten to hit the elevator with the crowbar if it doesn't open the lock. Hit the elevator with the crowbar. Punch the elevator. Kick the elevator. Yell at the elevator. Ask the elevator nicely to open the lock. Threaten the elevator. Say, "Open sesame!" to the elevator. Show the heart-shaped stone to the elevator. Offer the elevator money. Offer the elevator money, then steal it back. Bite the elevator. Cry and tell the elevator that it and the lock 'hurt your feewings!' Throw paperclips at the elevator. Tell the elevator that you are MacGyver and if it doesn't open the lock RIGHT NOW you will use your awesome MacGyver powers to open the lock anyways. Tell the elevator 'please.' Spit on the elevator. Beg the elevator to open the lock. Laugh at the elevator. Speak Korean to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak Korean to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak Arabic to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak Arabic to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak German to the elevator, asking it to open the lock nicely. Speak German to the elevator, asking it to open the lock meanly. Speak Spanish to the elevator and ask it to open the lock nicely. Speak Spanish to the elevator and ask it to open the lock meanly.

Repeat all of the above with each of the sandbags. Also threaten to open the sandbags if it doesn't help you.

Repeat all of the above with each of the elevator shaft walls. Threaten to just climb up the walls anyways with your teeth, like in A Series of Unfortunate Events The Ersatz Elevator.

Repeat all of the above with each of your tools, also threatening to leave them behind.

Taking all of this into account, I take the brute force approach and break the sensor with the hammer and use the mini-crowbar to force the lock back. The secret door swings open.

Hey, we got nothing but time. And clearly, I had far too much time to think of things to do with the lock/elevator/sandbags/elevator walls/tools. And my spring break starts tomorrow, so now I'll have far too much time to think of more traps for this puzzle! =)

I'd like to claim creation of the [LTPF list of increasingly desperate things to do to open a lock]. Any objections? :-) =)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 477
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, spring break. I'll be on a mission trip to San Diego for all of it, so not much R&R will be going on, or lateral puzzles *haz a sad*. But the ladies are staying in a house just for mission-tripees! The conversation went a bit like this:
Rusty (youth pastor): Ladies, you'll be staying in the house for people going on mission trips.
Ladies: Yay!
Rusty: Guys, we'll be staying in a WAREhouse!
Guys: YEAH!


Climb into the elevator if you can.

No objection to me claiming ownership to the [LTPF list of increasingly desperate ways to open a lock]? Okay then! I am now the proud owner of an LTPF list! YAY!!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 478
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Balin, my old 'venture has the new room up!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16755
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, spring break. I'll be on a mission trip to San Diego for all of it, so not much R&R will be going on, or lateral puzzles *haz a sad*. But the ladies are staying in a house just for mission-tripees! The conversation went a bit like this:
Rusty (youth pastor): Ladies, you'll be staying in the house for people going on mission trips.
Ladies: Yay!
Rusty: Guys, we'll be staying in a WAREhouse!
Guys: YEAH!
That sounds awesome -- I've never been to California, and I hope your mission trip goes well!! (LTPF factoid: I joined the LTPF the day after returning from a mission trip to Peru.)


Climb into the elevator if you can. I can and do. Now that I'm in here, I notice an emergency hatch at the top.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3701
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope your mission trip goes well!

Thankfully you had spare time and a plethora of ideas! Now that you're in the elevator, can you get to the hatch to get it open? Or, can you force the elevator doors open?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16757
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thankfully you had spare time and a plethora of ideas! Now that you're in the elevator, can you get to the hatch to get it open? If I could climb a little bit, I could reach the emergency hatch in the roof, but I can't. Or, can you force the elevator doors open? No; these are sealed shut.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 493
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, the elevator floor is still open, right? And we are standing on the floor of the shaft? Stand on the toolbox. Can you reach now? Pile everything else on top. Now?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16759
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, the elevator floor is still open, right? Yes. And we are standing on the floor of the shaft? Yes. The elevator is just under 3 feet above the shaft floor. Stand on the toolbox. Can you reach now? No; the toolbox is not very large. Pile everything else on top. Now? By "everything else," are you including the rest of the sandbags? Because I can pile those up.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 496
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I'm including those. I'm also including the ones underneath the pressure sensor, as we are no longer in danger of being squished.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16762
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I'm including those. I'm also including the ones underneath the pressure sensor, as we are no longer in danger of being squished. I pile up the sandbags and can reach the emergency hatch. It has a handle on it and opens easily.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 500
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open it and describe what you see.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16764
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open it and describe what you see. I open the hatch and climb up on the elevator roof. Looking up, I can see a ladder attached to the side of the elevator shaft. I can probably climb it easily, but I don't know if I can carry everything... or come back to get what I leave behind.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 504
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put on the raincoat. Stick everything you can in the pockets (I am reminded of The Mysterious Benedict Society right now.). Grab the toolbox. Climb up the ladder if you can. If you can't, abandon the toolbox, but keep the tools in your pocket.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16768
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put on the raincoat. Done. Stick everything you can in the pockets (I am reminded of The Mysterious Benedict Society right now). Never heard of it. Grab the toolbox. Climb up the ladder if you can. If you can't, abandon the toolbox, but keep the tools in your pocket. Combining the guard uniform's pockets with the raincoat's, I can carry everything except the toolbox. But I have included the tools.

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Guard uniform
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Phone receiver with a foot of cord attached
Deck of playing cards
Silver chain-style bracelet
Wristwatch
Letter opener
Blueprints
Raincoat
Pliers
Adjustable wrench
Claw hammer
Mini-crowbar
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Small heart-shaped stone


I climb up the ladder. All the elevator doors on each floor are closed, but the ones for the fourth floor are opened a crack.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 520
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You...haven't heard of The Mysterious Benedict Society? You have to read it. HAVE TO. It's a really good book. I've got all three on my Kindle, plus the puzzle book in-print.

Pry open the fourth floor doors!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16771
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pry open the fourth floor doors! With what?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5415
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the claw hammer. Then the wrench. Then the letter opener. Then the things on the Swiss Army knife.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16773
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the claw hammer. Then the wrench. Then the letter opener. Then the things on the Swiss Army knife. The hammer works and I open the elevator doors. I haul myself into another hallway, this one with four doors along it.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 540
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any guards?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16774
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any guards? None that I can see.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 549
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the doors. Are they locked?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16776
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the doors. Are they locked? None of them are locked.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3708
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So are you at one end of a hallway that doesn't fork or have any turns? Are the doors all along one side of the hallway? Or on both sides? Open the door closest to you, what do you see?

Just a thought - you didn't find any stairs on the floor where you entered, the only apparent access to lower floors was the elevator. Perhaps there is a fire escape on one side of the building, you should look for that the next time you see a window. In the real world any building with multiple levels would have to have stairs and/or a fire escape in addition to an elevator (in case of power failure and fire). However this isn't the real world so we may have to rely only on the elevator.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16779
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So are you at one end of a hallway that doesn't fork or have any turns? Yes. Are the doors all along one side of the hallway? They're all on the right side. Or on both sides? Open the door closest to you, what do you see? I'm in an office. There's a desk with two drawers and a computer on it. Above the desk is a picture of a swan.

Just a thought - you didn't find any stairs on the floor where you entered, the only apparent access to lower floors was the elevator. Perhaps there is a fire escape on one side of the building, you should look for that the next time you see a window. In the real world any building with multiple levels would have to have stairs and/or a fire escape in addition to an elevator (in case of power failure and fire). However this isn't the real world so we may have to rely only on the elevator. *note to self: incorporate some form of fire escape*
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3711
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure it's a swan, not a red herring (ha ha)?

Do the desk drawers open? If so, see what's in them.

Is the computer on?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16780
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure it's a swan, not a red herring (ha ha)? Yes, I'm sure.

Do the desk drawers open? They're locked. If so, see what's in them.

Is the computer on? No. Should I turn it on?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5425
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure. Maybe there's a computer program for solving lateral puzzles (hehe) or finding cheezburgur (even more useful =) ) Of course, it might just get us FirstLine Chess (though that was some other puzzle)
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5426
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OR...it might answer us the age-old questions...
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Do Balrogs have wings?
Why can't I ever get enough cheezburgur?
And of course, most importantly...
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16783
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure. Maybe there's a computer program for solving lateral puzzles (hehe) or finding cheezburgur (even more useful =) ) Of course, it might just get us FirstLine Chess (though that was some other puzzle) I turn on the computer. It asks for a password.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3713
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the swan picture be taken down from the wall?
If yes...
...is it concealing anything on the wall?
Is anything taped to the back of it?
Is anything written on the back of it?
Can the picture be taken out of the frame?
If so, anything revealed by this action?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16786
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the swan picture be taken down from the wall? Yes, it can.
If yes...
...is it concealing anything on the wall? I remove the picture, revealing a rectangular hole in the wall. Inside the hole are a bunch of spinning spiked gears; behind the gears is a key.
Is anything taped to the back of it?
Is anything written on the back of it?
Can the picture be taken out of the frame?
If so, anything revealed by this action? No to the rest of these
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 564
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try 'swan' as the password. Then 'trumpet'. Then 'shoelace'.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16789
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try 'swan' as the password. Then 'trumpet'. Then 'shoelace'. None of these work.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3715
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be possible to jam something into the midst of the gears so that you can retrieve the key?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16790
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be possible to jam something into the midst of the gears so that you can retrieve the key? Yes, it would. What should I use for that?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3719
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well what do you have on you? Are you wearing the coat which would allow you to carry stuff? Did you have to leave anything behind when you climbed up the elevator shaft? Has a fire escape appeared yet? Has the same black cat walked in front of you the same way twice?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16794
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well what do you have on you? Everything from the last inventory recap (copying below) Are you wearing the coat which would allow you to carry stuff? Yes Did you have to leave anything behind when you climbed up the elevator shaft? Just the (empty) toolbox Has a fire escape appeared yet? No Has the same black cat walked in front of you the same way twice? No

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Guard uniform
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Phone receiver with a foot of cord attached
Deck of playing cards
Silver chain-style bracelet
Wristwatch
Letter opener
Blueprints
Raincoat
Pliers
Adjustable wrench
Claw hammer
Mini-crowbar
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Small heart-shaped stone
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 568
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the crowbar.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16800
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the crowbar. It doesn't work; I need something a bit more compact.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3724
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe the wrench? Or an implement from the knife?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16803
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe the wrench? Or an implement from the knife? Neither work -- the wrench is too long, and I'd have to give up the entire knife.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3727
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pliers or phone receiver?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16809
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pliers or phone receiver? No, I need something more like a rock than a stick.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 571
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The heart-shaped stone?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16810
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The heart-shaped stone? That works. I jam it in the gears and they stop moving.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 572
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grab that key! If you can't do it with your hands, try using the pliers or knife.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16812
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grab that key! If you can't do it with your hands, try using the pliers or knife. My hands don't quite fit in the gap, so I use the pliers to pull out the key.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3728
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if the drawers in the desk have key-operated locks. If they do, try your newfound key in both of them. And keep checking to be sure someone hasn't bricked up the windows...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16813
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 4:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if the drawers in the desk have key-operated locks. If they do, try your newfound key in both of them. They do, and the key does fit. In both drawers are more blueprints, one of which has the phrase "Rico54" scratched on it. And keep checking to be sure someone hasn't bricked up the windows... Well, this office has no windows.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5447
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

=( No windows! And not even a kitteh for company? I haz a sad =(
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16819
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

=( No windows! And not even a kitteh for company? I haz a sad =( Hey, we've only investigated one room in this hallway so far.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3738
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I guess you should try typing "Rico54" in the password prompt on the computer and see what happens.

Also you could look at the blueprints and see if they appear to be of the building you are in or of something else.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16821
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I guess you should try typing "Rico54" in the password prompt on the computer and see what happens. I type that as the password. The computer briefly flashes to a spreadsheet -- I catch a glimpse of the words "euth" and "stuff" before the screen turns black. After a second, it reads "4TH FLOOR DOOR SEALED."

Also you could look at the blueprints and see if they appear to be of the building you are in or of something else. It looks like... a mechanical dog? I can't quite tell.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3739
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting, you should probably hang onto those blueprints. Let's check the hallway and move on to the next room.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16822
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting, you should probably hang onto those blueprints. Let's check the hallway and move on to the next room. OK. The next room is a file room with several heavy file cabinets.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3740
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How big/small is this file room? Is it rectangular, or some other shape? How are the file cabinets arranged in the room? How many cabinets are there? Can any of them be opened? Can any of them be moved? Does this room have any windows? Closets? Light switches? Anything of interest on the walls? Ceiling? Floor? How tall are the filing cabinets? Can you climb up onto any of them? Is there anything else in the room besides these cabinets?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16823
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How big/small is this file room? About 20x20. Is it rectangular, or some other shape? Rectangular. How are the file cabinets arranged in the room? Along the back and side walls. How many cabinets are there? Four along the side walls, and five along the back. Can any of them be opened? No; they're locked. Wait... there's one on the right wall that's unlocked. Can any of them be moved? No; they're too heavy. Does this room have any windows? Closets? Light switches? There's a ceiling lamp that's illuminating the room, but no switch. No windows or closets either. Anything of interest on the walls? Ceiling? Floor? No. How tall are the filing cabinets? About 6 feet. Can you climb up onto any of them? I can just manage but there's nothing spectacular on any of them. Is there anything else in the room besides these cabinets? Oddly, no.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3742
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the unlocked cabinet on the right wall, see if it will open. If so, what's inside?
Does the key that you obtained in the other room fit any of the locked cabinets in this room? Are these cabinets locked with keys, or some other way?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16824
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the unlocked cabinet on the right wall, see if it will open. If so, what's inside? The cabinet opens. Inside is a file folder labelled "Kryptonite."
Does the key that you obtained in the other room fit any of the locked cabinets in this room? Nope. Are these cabinets locked with keys, or some other way? With keys.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3743
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything else besides the folder?
Go ahead and open the folder and see what's inside.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16825
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything else besides the folder? No.
Go ahead and open the folder and see what's inside. Inside is a single sheet of paper with the following list typed on it:

Kryptonite

3-30 Acquisitions
4-10 Construction
4-11 Euthanization
4-13 Merger
4-17 Final prep
4-18 Transportation and delivery (2709)


Also inside the folder are two paper matches.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3745
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang onto that folder and go to the next room. What do you see?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16826
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang onto that folder and go to the next room. I can't remove the folder, but I do take the paper and matches. I head to the next door, but that door's handle is missing. That must have been what the computer meant by "DOOR SEALED." Instead, I head over to the final door and enter that room. What do you see? I'm in a dark, dilapidated lounge, with two torn leather armchairs and a brick, unlit fireplace. There is a blinking light above my head.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3746
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any switches on the walls? Windows? Closets?
Go over to the fireplace...is it surrounded by brick? Tile? Something else? Does it have any logs in it? Gas fireplace? Can you determine how it is used?

Next go to the chairs...do the cushions come out? If so, take them out and see if anything is underneath? If they won't come out, run your hand along the sides and back edge and see if anything is there (hopefully you won't get bitten by something). Look underneath the chairs too, see if anything's under there. Will the chairs slide across the floor? If so, move them around and see if you find anything.

Is the blinking light a flourescent one? Do you think it is supposed to be blinking, or does it seem that the bulb may be about to burn out? Is it blinking in a pattern, or regularly, or randomly? Is that light the only light source in the room?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16828
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any switches on the walls? No. Windows? Yes -- there appears to be a window above the fireplace. However, I must have come in in the early afternoon, as the sun's gone down and the moon is out. Closets? None.
Go over to the fireplace...is it surrounded by brick? This Tile? Something else? Does it have any logs in it? None. Gas fireplace? Nope. Can you determine how it is used? It looks like you put paper, logs, etc. into the fireplace and light it.

Next go to the chairs...do the cushions come out? If so, take them out and see if anything is underneath? They do. Underneath them is some wooden mesh above cloth and stuffing. If they won't come out, run your hand along the sides and back edge and see if anything is there (hopefully you won't get bitten by something). Nothing along the back and sides. The chairs are somewhat torn though. Look underneath the chairs too, see if anything's under there. Nothing except a couple of pennies. Will the chairs slide across the floor? Nope. If so, move them around and see if you find anything. They're too heavy to move.

Is the blinking light a fluorescent one? No -- it's a single red LED. Do you think it is supposed to be blinking, or does it seem that the bulb may be about to burn out? I think it's supposed to be blinking. Is it blinking in a pattern, or regularly, or randomly? Regularly. Is that light the only light source in the room? Other than the moonlight streaming in through the window, no.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3749
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So what's in the fireplace now? Does it look like anyone's ever burned a fire in it? Because...if there's a window above the fireplace that means there is no chimney, so I'm wondering how the ashes/soot/fumes escape without billowing into the room? Is the fireplace just for show? See if you can pull/push on any of the bricks. And then check and see if the back of the fireplace conceals a door or is a door. Maybe the whole thing rotates like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Is there a flue in the fireplace? Perhaps it's like in The Goonies where there is a grating on the floor of the fireplace that can be removed to reveal a chute. Check that possibility as well.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16830
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So what's in the fireplace now? Nothing. Does it look like anyone's ever burned a fire in it? I can't tell exactly, but I'm guessing this has not been used for a long time. Because...if there's a window above the fireplace that means there is no chimney, so I'm wondering how the ashes/soot/fumes escape without billowing into the room? Hmmm... good question. I guess they don't. Is the fireplace just for show? I have no idea. See if you can pull/push on any of the bricks. Hey -- one of the bricks just inside the right fireplace wall is loose. And then check and see if the back of the fireplace conceals a door or is a door. As far as I can tell, it's not a door, but I can't be certain. Maybe the whole thing rotates like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? It doesn't appear to. Is there a flue in the fireplace? No, there isn't. Perhaps it's like in The Goonies where there is a grating on the floor of the fireplace that can be removed to reveal a chute. Check that possibility as well. No grating, sorry.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3750
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok let's check out this loose brick. Does it simply wobble in place or can you remove it from its place? Can you depress it?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16835
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok let's check out this loose brick. Does it simply wobble in place or can you remove it from its place? I think I can remove it with a tool. Can you depress it? I cannot.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3751
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the letter opener, hammer, crowbar...any of those get the brick out?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16837
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the letter opener, hammer, crowbar...any of those get the brick out? The mini-crowbar does the trick and I successfully remove the brick.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3752
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it an actual brick? Or something made to look like a brick? Is it hollow? Is something attached to it?

Examine the hole left when you removed the brick. Is anything in the hole/cavity?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5476
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a kitteh? a cheeseburger? *thinks that either of these left behind a brick would be horrible, but if they hadn't been there long, it would be good of Balin to rescue them*
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16840
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it an actual brick? Or something made to look like a brick? No, it's an actual brick. Is it hollow? I turn the brick around and find that it is hollow. Inside it is a microchip and a button cell battery. Is something attached to it?

Examine the hole left when you removed the brick. Is anything in the hole/cavity? No, that's empty.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3754
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok you have a wristwatch in your inventory. Check to see if it is running. If it isn't, does it appear that the battery you just found would fit into the watch?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16841
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok you have a wristwatch in your inventory. Check to see if it is running. It's not. If it isn't, does it appear that the battery you just found would fit into the watch? It does fit. I open the back of the watch with my thumbnail and insert the battery. I put the cover back on and turn the watch back over. It's dark in here, so I use the watch's light to see that it now reads 8:02 PM on April 17.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 591
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if there's anything inside the torn cushions.
Does the watch have any other functions? Such as a timer? Calendar? Alarm?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16844
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if there's anything inside the torn cushions. I feel around. There's a lot of stuffing.
Does the watch have any other functions? Such as a timer? Calendar? Alarm? It has all of these functions, plus a light.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 596
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any functions besides those? Scroll through the calendar up to, lets say May 31st. Any events happening? Any alarms set? For what times?
Hm...does anything in our inventory have a spot for a microchip? If so, insert the microchip.
My mom and I tried to change the batteries in some of her watches once. The little tool we were using slipped and I stabbed myself trying to get it open. It wasn't too deep though. And that's your tidbit about me for the day.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16848
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any functions besides those? No. Scroll through the calendar up to, lets say May 31st. Any events happening? Any alarms set? For what times? Not that kind of calendar; it just has the ability to show the date.
Hm...does anything in our inventory have a spot for a microchip? If so, insert the microchip. 'Fraid not.
My mom and I tried to change the batteries in some of her watches once. The little tool we were using slipped and I stabbed myself trying to get it open. It wasn't too deep though. And that's your tidbit about me for the day.

HINT: Right now, you can only see in the room because of the moonlight.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 599
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if you can block out the moonlight. If so, do it. Anything new appear?
See if there's another light source (other than the watch). If so, try and use it. Anything new appear?
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2009
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the button cell battery and microchip actually plugged into some kind of board inside the hollow brick? or were they literally just sitting in there like spare parts in a drawer?

If there is no light switch, can you use the light from the watch to see the ceiling more clearly? Is the red blinking LED on a smoke detector, by any chance?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16851
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See if you can block out the moonlight. If so, do it. Anything new appear? I can't block the moonlight.
See if there's another light source (other than the watch). Just the watch. If so, try and use it. Anything new appear? Yes. Using the watch's light, I can see a small sign on the wall that was hidden by the shadow of the fireplace. It says "Emergency door will only open in case of fire."

Were the button cell battery and microchip actually plugged into some kind of board inside the hollow brick? or were they literally just sitting in there like spare parts in a drawer? This.

If there is no light switch, can you use the light from the watch to see the ceiling more clearly? I can and I do. Is the red blinking LED on a smoke detector, by any chance? It certainly is -- nice thought!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3755
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you tell what the chair stuffing is made from? Cotton? Foam? something else? something flammable?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16856
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you tell what the chair stuffing is made from? Cotton? I think it's this, but I'm not sure. However... Foam? something else? something flammable? ...I'd guess it's definitely flammable.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 605
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a way to set it on fire? If so, DO IT!

Another LTPF gene (possibly): slight tendency towards pyromaniac-ness!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16859
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a way to set it on fire? If so, DO IT! I have the match, but is there a way I can light it?

Another LTPF gene (possibly): slight tendency towards pyromaniac-ness! Aye!!
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2013
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe by dragging it across the fireplace bricks? Those must be rather rough.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 606
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 5:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or the file on the Swiss Army knife.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3756
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No lateral adventure would be complete without fire!

My inclination to light the match is also to try striking it against a brick. There's also the bottom of your shoe, which always works on TV.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16860
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe by dragging it across the fireplace bricks? Those must be rather rough. I strike the match across the fireplace bricks and it flares up immediately. Now, what to light...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 609
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Light the chair stuffing on fire!
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2014
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

....and throw it immediately in the fireplace, so it doesn't catch the room on fire!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3759
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well wait a second...you want the smoke from the fire to go up to the smoke detector, so maybe you can risk putting the chair directly below the smoke detector. You said earlier though that the chairs are too heavy to move, so when you light the sucker maybe you should take cover in the fireplace.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16865
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Light the chair stuffing on fire!

Well wait a second...you want the smoke from the fire to go up to the smoke detector, so maybe you can risk putting the chair directly below the smoke detector. You said earlier though that the chairs are too heavy to move, so when you light the sucker maybe you should take cover in the fireplace.

I slip the match into one of the tears in the chair, and the stuffing immediately catches fire. I duck into the fireplace as the fire jumps to the other chair. In only a few seconds, the smoke detector starts beeping. I hear a metallic grinding coming from somewhere nearby, but nothing else is happening hear. Where is that emergency exit?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3761
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the rear of the fireplace. If not there, check the floor of the fireplace. If not there, check the top of the fireplace.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16868
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the rear of the fireplace. If not there, check the floor of the fireplace. If not there, check the top of the fireplace. Nothing. I should probably head out of this room before the fire spreads.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 611
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you open the window? Which direction did the grinding noise ensue from? Examine possible opening(s) in that direction. If all else fails, just use the door.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16870
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you open the window? I can't; it's fastened shut. Which direction did the grinding noise ensue from? My left. It may have come from one of the other rooms. Examine possible opening(s) in that direction. If all else fails, just use the door. I exit the fireplace room and am back in the hallway.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3763
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well at least you found a window. If the glass in it can be broken that may be useful at some future point in time.

Meanwhile check in the other rooms and see if any exits have appeared. Also check the door with no handle and see if that's the exit.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16873
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well at least you found a window. If the glass in it can be broken that may be useful at some future point in time. I'll make a note of that.

Meanwhile check in the other rooms and see if any exits have appeared. Also check the door with no handle and see if that's the exit. In the file cabinet room, the middle cabinet along the back wall has lowered into the ground, revealing a fire escape.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2015
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Climb out onto the fire escape and see how far down you can get.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16874
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Climb out onto the fire escape and see how far down you can get. I can only climb down one floor, as the rest of the fire escape has rusted and fallen.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3765
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, but at least you found a fire escape! Keep looking for that black cat...

So where are you now? Are you outside on an exterior ladder/staircase? Are you at a window? Are you in another room? I'm assuming that if you climbed down one floor you're now on the 3rd floor?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16879
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, but at least you found a fire escape! Keep looking for that black cat...

So where are you now? Are you outside on an exterior ladder/staircase? Are you at a window? Are you in another room? I'm assuming that if you climbed down one floor you're now on the 3rd floor? I climb down the fire escape and am outside a third-floor window.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3767
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From where you are now can you see through the window into the inside? Does it appear that you can open the window? Or would you have to break the window to gain entry? Do you think that you can get back up the fire escape if you had to?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16887
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From where you are now can you see through the window into the inside? Does it appear that you can open the window? Or would you have to break the window to gain entry? Do you think that you can get back up the fire escape if you had to? I can open the window, I think. And yes, the fire escape is reaccessible.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3769
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allright, well then open the window and climb inside if you can. If you're able to do this, describe what you see when you go inside.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16889
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allright, well then open the window and climb inside if you can. If you're able to do this, describe what you see when you go inside. I pull open the window and enter, closing it behind me. I'm now in a smallish room with bare walls and a locked trapdoor in the floor. There is a thin rope hanging from the ceiling.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5499
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the rope seem strong enough to bear your weight? Is it attached to the ceiling directly, or tied to something? Is there a trapdoor in the ceiling?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16892
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the rope seem strong enough to bear your weight? I pull on the rope to test this, and one of the walls begins to open up... Is it attached to the ceiling directly, or tied to something? Is there a trapdoor in the ceiling? Not that I can tell.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5503
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keep pulling on the rope. What's behind the wall?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16897
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keep pulling on the rope. What's behind the wall? The wall opens up to reveal a massively large window. (I must be standing on an observation platform.) Unfortunately, the window is fogged up right now and I can't see through it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5504
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have anything to clear the window with? If not, try wiping it clear with your shirt, maybe?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16899
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have anything to clear the window with? If not, try wiping it clear with your shirt, maybe? I use the sleeve of my shirt to rub some of the window, which clears up. I look through the window, and see what looks like a massive assembly line. On one conveyor belt is... hey, are those heads of dogs? And there are the bodies...!

...No, they're just stuffed dogs; I can see the stuffing. And some wires poking out. Wait... wires... I'm starting to see some parts of what's going on, but I can't quite tell. Can you help me out?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 624
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at blueprints for mechanical dogs. Look at conveyor belt, on which mechanical dogs are being made. Look back and forth. Connect the two. Spark goes off. You now know what is going on!
You then tell poor puzzler Kyeann, who doesn't have the blueprints nor a view of the mechanical dogs, and is therefore unable to understand what is going on.
Bad Balin. You scared me with the doggie parts thing.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3773
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From your earlier statement - "there's something going on in here that I need to stop from happening." I wonder if you need to prevent the production of these dogs?

At this point you're in a room with a large window and the only way in/out is a locked trapdoor in the floor? Do you see a way for it to be locked from the side you're on, or does it appear that it's locked/unlocked only on the other side?

Is the assembly line moving? Are there any workers, guards or other people in the room with the conveyor?

Does the window have any portion which can be opened? Can you see any kinds of latches that would open part of it, or the whole thing?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16905
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at blueprints for mechanical dogs. Look at conveyor belt, on which mechanical dogs are being made. Look back and forth. Connect the two. Spark goes off. You now know what is going on! I'm looking back and forth. I see some sort of diagram for a device with a small clock attached that seems to be inserted into the dogs... a bomb? But why are there exploding dogs?
You then tell poor puzzler Kyeann, who doesn't have the blueprints nor a view of the mechanical dogs, and is therefore unable to understand what is going on.
Bad Balin. You scared me with the doggie parts thing.

From your earlier statement - "there's something going on in here that I need to stop from happening." I wonder if you need to prevent the production of these dogs? Maybe. But what will these dogs be used for?

At this point you're in a room with a large window and the only way in/out is a locked trapdoor in the floor? Do you see a way for it to be locked from the side you're on, or does it appear that it's locked/unlocked only on the other side? It's locked from the other side.

Is the assembly line moving? It is. Are there any workers, guards or other people in the room with the conveyor? I can't see any right now.

Does the window have any portion which can be opened? Not right now. Can you see any kinds of latches that would open part of it, or the whole thing? I can't see anything of the sort.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3775
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You ask why are there exploding dogs? Because this is a lateral adventure, and every good lateral adventure includes something that either explodes or has the potential to explode. It's the unwritten rule...

Well at this point it would seem that your options are to either wait until something happens, try to break the glass and climb through the window, or try to pry open the trapdoor. What items do you have now?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16909
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You ask why are there exploding dogs? Because this is a lateral adventure, and every good lateral adventure includes something that either explodes or has the potential to explode. It's the unwritten rule... Fair enough. But what's the non-breaking-the-fourth-wall reason?

Well at this point it would seem that your options are to either wait until something happens, try to break the glass and climb through the window, or try to pry open the trapdoor. What items do you have now?

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Guard uniform
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Phone receiver with a foot of cord attached
Deck of playing cards
Silver chain-style bracelet
Wristwatch
Letter opener
Blueprints
Raincoat
Pliers
Adjustable wrench
Claw hammer
Mini-crowbar
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Office drawer key
Paper match
"Kryptonite" paper from file
2 pennies
Brick
Microchip


Maybe I should try and get through the trapdoor. That could help me figure out more of this puzzle. But how?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3778
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a closer look at that trapdoor. Can you tell what material it's made of? Are any bolts, screws, etc. visible on your side of the door? The most likely things to try to pry it with would be the crowbar and the hammer, do you think either of these would be able to pry it open?
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2018
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought dogs were supposed to be able to find explosives, not carry them! Though maybe that's the point, they're intended to pose as explosive-sniffing dogs to get into places where explosives shouldn't be...

I wouldn't want to shatter a window to break into a factory making explodey-things of any kind, so I agree the trapdoor is the best option.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16912
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a closer look at that trapdoor. Can you tell what material it's made of? I don't know, as the floor is tile. Are any bolts, screws, etc. visible on your side of the door? No The most likely things to try to pry it with would be the crowbar and the hammer, do you think either of these would be able to pry it open? I try, but neither works.

I thought dogs were supposed to be able to find explosives, not carry them! Though maybe that's the point, they're intended to pose as explosive-sniffing dogs to get into places where explosives shouldn't be... Yeah, but why do I think something more sinister is going on.

I wouldn't want to shatter a window to break into a factory making explodey-things of any kind, so I agree the trapdoor is the best option. Right.

Since the hinges aren't on this side of the trapdoor, I'd guess it opens downwards. Maybe I can use brute force?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3780
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the dog blueprints again. Does it appear that the dogs are designed to carry explosives inside them? Maybe to be a cute, furry, walking bomb?

Brute force...well you have the brick and the hammer, these would appear to be the best options for that. Give them a try and see if you can get the door open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16914
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the dog blueprints again. Does it appear that the dogs are designed to carry explosives inside them? Yes, this appears to be correct. Maybe to be a cute, furry, walking bomb? Maybe. However, I'm looking at the blueprints and I don't see any way the dogs can move or walk...

Brute force...well you have the brick and the hammer, these would appear to be the best options for that. Give them a try and see if you can get the door open. Using those two objects and a whole lot of force, I pound and pound at the trapdoor. Just as I think it's about to give, I hear a noise behind me. I stand up just in time to feel something hit the back of my head...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up lying on a hard tile floor. I have time to glimpse a doorway closing. Quietly, I roll over towards the door and hear someone state, "Stand guard. If he makes any sound, go in there and shut him up." The guard (I assume) mutters a terse "Right boss" in reply.

I stand up. I'm in a completely dark room. The guard uniform I was wearing is gone, and some of my stuff is missing as well. I still have a few of the smaller items in my pockets, and I really have to pee.

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Deck of playing cards
Wristwatch
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Paper match
2 pennies
Microchip
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3781
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if you can bribe the guard with $3.02?
Walk straight ahead until you come to a wall, then feel along that wall and all the others and see what you come across.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16928
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if you can bribe the guard with $3.02? I doubt it.
Walk straight ahead until you come to a wall, then feel along that wall and all the others and see what you come across. Feeling around the walls, I feel... a solid wall, all around. The only break is when I come to the wooden door. (The wall is made of what feels like stone.) It would be a lot better if I could see.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3782
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I think your wristwatch provides light? If so, use it to look around.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16931
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I think your wristwatch provides light? If so, use it to look around. It does, so I use the watch to illuminate the room. I'm on a tile floor in a stone room. In the center of the room is, strangely, some sort of garden with three rows of plants growing out of a dirt part of the floor. Lying next to the garden is a hoe.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3784
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well there's nothing strange about a garden in a stone room within the context of a lateral adventure puzzle now is there?

Can you tell what kind of plants these are?
Are there various types of plants or all the same kind?
Can you tell if the plants are real or artificial?
If you can't tell by the feel, try tearing a leaf or part of a bloom and see if it will tear.
Then use the hoe to probe and see how deep the dirt goes. Try digging down into the dirt if necessary and see if you hit anything beneath the dirt.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5536
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, my Lateral Adventure of Gigantic Proportions started off in a greenhouse-type-place, so one never knows, do one, as the great but absent woubit has been known to say.

Are there any cheezburgur plants? (just thought I'd take a stab at it...I love making stuff up for my own adventures, after all =D)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16933
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well there's nothing strange about a garden in a stone room within the context of a lateral adventure puzzle now is there? No, not at all...

Can you tell what kind of plants these are? No; these are unfamiliar to me.
Are there various types of plants or all the same kind? They look to be the same.
Can you tell if the plants are real or artificial? They're definitely real. If you can't tell by the feel, try tearing a leaf or part of a bloom and see if it will tear.
Then use the hoe to probe and see how deep the dirt goes. Try digging down into the dirt if necessary and see if you hit anything beneath the dirt. I use the hoe and dig down. The dirt only goes down about a foot and a half before I hit stone.

Are there any cheezburgur plants? Nope.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3785
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How long is the handle on the hoe?
Will the blade come apart from the handle?
Feel around in the dirt and use the hoe to dig several holes...has anything been buried here?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5538
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aww, why not? Hmm, how about lunch-box trees and dinner-pail trees? (Ok, L. Frank Baum made those up.) Toffee trees? (C.S. Lewis.) Mallorn trees? (If you have to ask, Balin, I'll be upset. :P)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 638
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Baby lamp-posts? (also C.S. Lewis) Chocolate truffle tree? Siri says all evidence to date suggests the meaning of life is chocolate.

My English teacher made an example annotated bibliography, and she put Edmund (Chronicles of Narnia) as the student. One part of a sentence was 'C.S. Lewis, an author I highly admire.' I was laughing for about five minutes!
Kaylee, from your parentheses I can tell that Tolkien made those up. *gasps* My computer doesn't think Tolkien is a word!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16936
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How long is the handle on the hoe? About 4 feet.
Will the blade come apart from the handle? It will not.
Feel around in the dirt and use the hoe to dig several holes...has anything been buried here? Only plants. I've uprooted some of them, and I'm right; they're like nothing I'm familiar with. They have leaves like a flattened oval, and their blooms - at least, I think those are blooms - look very dry. They are of brown color with bright red berries growing from them.

Aww, why not? Hmm, how about lunch-box trees and dinner-pail trees? (Ok, L. Frank Baum made those up.) Toffee trees? (C.S. Lewis.) Mallorn trees? (If you have to ask, Balin, I'll be upset. :P) Baby lamp-posts? (also C.S. Lewis) Chocolate truffle tree? Nothing like that. Siri says all evidence to date suggests the meaning of life is chocolate. Interesting...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 642
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AHHHH!! NIGHTLOCK!!!!! DON'T EAT THEM!!!

Actually, pick some. Make a noise. Guard comes in. Hit him over the head with your hoe. If that doesn't work, force-feed him the nightlock berries. If you don't think any of this would work, don't do it.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16938
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AHHHH!! NIGHTLOCK!!!!! DON'T EAT THEM!!! Is nightlock red in the books? Because in the film they were blue. (These aren't nightlock; I haven't taken any things that appear in the story from other literary universes.)

Actually, pick some. Done. Make a noise. Guard comes in. Hit him over the head with your hoe. That worked very nicely. I banged on the wall with my hoe and whacked the guard with it when he came in. Fortunately for the guard, he was wearing a helmet so I only knocked him out. Behind the unconscious guard is a lighted corridor slanting upward. If that doesn't work, force-feed him the nightlock berries. If you don't think any of this would work, don't do it.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3787
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the guard's belt, pockets, etc. to see if he's carrying anything.

Then exit the room and go up the corridor and see what you encounter.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 645
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops. Meant to scream:
AHHHHH!!! YEW BERRIES!!! DON'T EAT THEM!!!


Bring the hoe. Knock out any other guards you meet.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16940
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the guard's belt, pockets, etc. to see if he's carrying anything. A radio and a pistol... but something's odd about the pistol. There's some sort of fingerprint scanner on the trigger. I don't think I'll be able to fire it.

Then exit the room and go up the corridor and see what you encounter. I take the radio and the pistol, even though I can't use it, and move forward. The hallway branches left and right, and there are two doors down each hall.

Oops. Meant to scream:
AHHHHH!!! YEW BERRIES!!! DON'T EAT THEM!!!
I've seen yew berries, and these aren't yew berries. But I won't eat them.

Bring the hoe. Knock out any other guards you meet. No guards in sight at the moment.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2025
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they mee berries then? :-)

Try turning on the radio. If it doesn't work, check to see if it has batteries in it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5539
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*lolz at biograd* are they cheezburgur berries? :-)
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16942
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they mee berries then? :-) Hardy-har-har... No.

Try turning on the radio. If it doesn't work, check to see if it has batteries in it. It is already on. Now I can pick up any chatter from the other guards.

*lolz at biograd* are they cheezburgur berries? :-) You're really hooked on cheezburgerz, aren't you?... No.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5540
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cheezburgurz iz gud nomz...why balin cat iz blue? *pokes*
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16947
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cheezburgurz iz gud nomz...why balin cat iz blue? *pokes* Blue text signifies an authorial comment as opposed to one from the played character inside the adventure.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5541
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okays, I see. =)

Take a look at the berries. Describe them in detail.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16949
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a look at the berries. Describe them in detail. I told you all I know; they're small red spheres with ovalish leaves and brownish... blooms? Maybe there's something around that'll tell me more.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 651
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look around for a helpful guide to plants. Or possible Katniss. Or Thresh/Rue (hey, it's a lateral adventure!). Maybe Gale?

Kaylee, I have posted on your latventure. Twice. Move on to Texas now, por favor?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5542
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*is waiting for teh ciaobella kitteh pilot* =(
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16952
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look around for a helpful guide to plants. In which room? There are 4 available.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 653
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ummm...check the doors, see if they're locked. If they aren't, go into the, um, first door on the right. Knock out any guards with your handy-dandy hoe. Search for anything interesting, as well as a plant guide. Repeat with other rooms, doesn't really matter which order, I suppose.

Wait a moment...they let you keep the Swiss Army Knife? *looks suspiciously at Balin*
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16958
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ummm...check the doors, see if they're locked. If they aren't, go into the, um, first door on the right. Knock out any guards with your handy-dandy hoe. Search for anything interesting, as well as a plant guide. Repeat with other rooms, doesn't really matter which order, I suppose. At cursory glance:

The first door on the right leads to an apparently empty room.

The second on the right reveals a library. I find an encyclopedia of plants there, but with 14 volumes, I don't know where to look.

On the left, both doors are locked.


Wait a moment...they let you keep the Swiss Army Knife? *looks suspiciously at Balin* That was in my regular pants pocket, not the guard uniform pocket. They must not have searched my normal pants pockets. (Same for the duct tape.)
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 656
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try 'B' for 'berries'.

Eat the berries. After all, you can't die in this latventure! Mwahahaha!

Go back and tape up the guard.

Examine the apparently empty room. Is it in fact empty?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3789
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It may be "apparently" empty due to an illusion with carefully placed mirrors, Angus, so you should walk into that room and see if this is the case.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16966
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try 'B' for 'berries'. I open the "B" volume to find that this dictionary lists the plants by their scientific names, so "berries" won't help.

Eat the berries. I'd rather not, as I don't know if they're poisonous or not. After all, you can't die in this latventure! Mwahahaha! But you can suggest things that will get you killed, and I will stop you from doing them.

Go back and tape up the guard. Done. He seems to be muttering something in his unconscious state... I can make out what sounds like "Abrus" ("Abrus?") but don't know what he's talking about, so I tape over his mouth as well.}

Examine the apparently empty room. Is it in fact empty? (It may be "apparently" empty due to an illusion with carefully placed mirrors, Angus, so you should walk into that room and see if this is the case.) I leave the door open as I walk in. It is completely empty.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 659
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooh! Look up "Abrus" in the encyclopedia!

Eh. I figured that would happen. But hey, worth a shot!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16969
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 5:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooh! Look up "Abrus" in the encyclopedia! I flip through the "A" section and find a page bookmarked with a twenty-dollar bill. The page is titled "Abrus precatorius."
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3790
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keep the $20. Perhaps you've just uncovered another part of the plot - possibly using the toy dogs as dirty bombs with the poison from these berries as the toxin.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16971
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keep the $20. Perhaps you've just uncovered another part of the plot - possibly using the toy dogs as dirty bombs with the poison from these berries as the toxin. Perhaps.

As I take the $20 out, I notice something written on the back:

2709
Deliv 5:00
Load 7:00
Dep 8:00


2709 -- I remember that number from the file I had a while ago. What could it mean?

On a hunch I check my watch. It's 3:30 now, so I have about an hour and a half to stop whatever's going on.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3793
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I wonder if the empty room is some sort of loading or preparation area?
Take a look at the locked doors. Can you tell how they can be unlocked? By key, or by fingerprint recognition?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16973
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I wonder if the empty room is some sort of loading or preparation area? Maybe.
Take a look at the locked doors. Can you tell how they can be unlocked? By key, or by fingerprint recognition? Keys.

You know, this library is pretty big. Maybe I should look around.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3794
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a bad idea, spend some time exploring the library. What do you find?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16975
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a bad idea, spend some time exploring the library. What do you find? I explore the shelves. They're organized according to the Dewey Decimal System. The only item other than the bookshelves is a large metal cabinet against the back wall.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5548
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 5:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the cabinet in more detail, please.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16977
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Describe the cabinet in more detail, please. It's got a metal door in front but it is locked. It is pressed completely up against the back wall.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5549
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dewey Decimal (Classification) System:
000 Computer science, information and general works
100 Philosophy and psychology
200 Religion
300 Social sciences
400 Language
500 Science (including mathematics)
600 Technology and applied science
700 Arts and recreation
800 Literature
900 History and geography


279 Christian church in other areas, but 27*0*9 doesn't fall under the Dewey system...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 664
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Locked with: Combination lock (one with the twisty dial)? Passcode lock (needs passcode)? Word lock? Padlock?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16980
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Locked with: Combination lock (one with the twisty dial)? Passcode lock (needs passcode)? Word lock? Padlock? A normal lock that needs a key. Hang on... I think some metal has been dripped into the lock. I guess this won't be able to be unlocked.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 667
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*sings* Oh where, is my crowbar, oh where, is my crowbar, oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wheeeeeeere...IS MY CROWBAR?

Seriously, the crowbar would be highly useful right about now.

*launches into second verse which is first one repeated but with hammer instead of crowbar*

See if there's any code books. *poofs up fiction section* Now go to the 'S's, and look up Stewart. As in the author of The Mysterious Benedict Society. Then check it out and read it.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16982
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seriously, the crowbar would be highly useful right about now. Right, it would. But it was a small crowbar; we'd need something with longer leverage.

See if there's any code books. I can't find any. *poofs up fiction section* Now go to the 'S's, and look up Stewart. As in the author of The Mysterious Benedict Society. Then check it out and read it. I find its Dewey Decimal location and grab the book. But I don't really have time to read right now.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 669
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Um.

Inventory?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16986
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inventory?

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Deck of playing cards
Wristwatch
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Paper match
2 pennies
Microchip
Hoe
A handful of rosary peas
$20 bill with writing on it
The Mysterious Benedict Society
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3804
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the cabinet attached to anything? Like is it fastened to the floor or to the wall?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16987
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the cabinet attached to anything? Like is it fastened to the floor or to the wall? It is not.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3805
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, can you push the cabinet and make it fall over? Rock it back and forth and see if it will topple? At least try to move it out from the wall a bit?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16989
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 - 4:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, can you push the cabinet and make it fall over? Rock it back and forth and see if it will topple? At least try to move it out from the wall a bit? I push on it, but I can't seem to budge it this way.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2029
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you pry it up with the hoe?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 677
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's the writing on the $20 bill, again?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16992
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you pry it up with the hoe? I topple the cabinet using the hoe as leverage, and find a secret door behind it!

What's the writing on the $20 bill, again?

2709
Deliv 5:00
Load 7:00
Dep 8:00


I check my watch again. It's 4:10 AM.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
New member
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5551
Registered: 9-2010
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the film 88 Minutes involved at all? (side note: watched it on TV with Emma. EXTREMELY creepy. "You have x (down from 88) minutes to live. Tick tock."
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3807
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See where that secret door leads.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16995
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the film 88 Minutes involved at all? (side note: watched it on TV with Emma. EXTREMELY creepy. "You have x (down from 88) minutes to live. Tick tock." No; I've never seen it.

See where that secret door leads. I open the secret door and head up a staircase. At the end of the staircase is another door. I open it and step into an office. Suddenly, the door closes behind me. I look forward -- it's another observation platform, only this one is more luxurious. And there's a man sitting at a desk... pointing a gun at me.

"Sit down," he says. I do so.

"Now then... what are you doing here? And what do you know?"
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3809
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Well first of all, sir, I know that you're in serious violation of building codes by not having adequate fire escapes and access to a working elevator or stairs. Besides that, all I can tell is that this is some kind of factory for making...toys?" Try that.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 16999
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Well first of all, sir, I know that you're in serious violation of building codes by not having adequate fire escapes and access to a working elevator or stairs. Besides that, all I can tell is that this is some kind of factory for making...toys?" Try that. He laughs. "You know nothing!" As he leans back and laughs, a paper flies off his desk and lands at my feet. I pick it up -- it's an itinerary for Flight 2709.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3811
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any exits to this room besides the doorway through which you entered? Is anyone else in the room? Glance around you and see what else is there.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 678
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's the itinerary say?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17003
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there any exits to this room besides the doorway through which you entered? Not that I can see. Is anyone else in the room? Yes, the guy at the desk. He's stopped laughing and is waiting for me to continue. I think he thinks I have enough pieces to figure out what's going on, and is just taunting me. Glance around you and see what else is there. Not much. A potted plant in the corner and two decorative swords hanging on the wall.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3825
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...not sure where to go with this one. Maybe you could try another angle and say that the building was reported to be in violation of fire code and that your inspection is nearly complete, and if you don't report back shortly the police will arrive to investigate.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17026
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...not sure where to go with this one. Maybe you could try another angle and say that the building was reported to be in violation of fire code and that your inspection is nearly complete, and if you don't report back shortly the police will arrive to investigate. I doubt that will work. I have a hunch that he knows who I am.

I'd better think back over all the clues:

-The mechanical dog.
-The blueprint for an explosive.
-The rosary peas.
-And this flight itinerary.

I'm starting to get a picture, but it's really unclear right now....
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3830
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you miss Kyeann's question about what the itenerary says?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17029
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you miss Kyeann's question about what the itenerary says? I did, oops. Remedied:

What's the itinerary say? I unfold the itinerary -- it states that Flight 2709 will be leaving Los Angeles at 8:00 AM and arriving in New York six hours later.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3831
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you're now in what city?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17031
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you're now in what city? I'm in Los Angeles.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 689
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And what time is it right now?

Knock him out with the hoe.

Say, you have some rosary peas, right? If the hoe doesn't work, shove some down his throat while he's laughing and poison him! *evil laughter*

Why did they have to take away our phone? *cries* It was so useful, which is probably why, but.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17036
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And what time is it right now? I don't have to. It's now 4:17.

Knock him out with the hoe. I can't -- he's staring right at me.

Say, you have some rosary peas, right? If the hoe doesn't work, shove some down his throat while he's laughing and poison him! *evil laughter* Ditto.

Maybe he wants me to tell him what evil he's up to.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 692
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm.... Well, the rosary peas are probably there as a poison, right? And because the dogs can't walk or move, they might be meant as toys for children. And the explosives are probably for dispensing the poison.... Any of this seem OTRT?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17037
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm.... Well, the rosary peas are probably there as a poison, right? And because the dogs can't walk or move, they might be meant as toys for children. And the explosives are probably for dispensing the poison.... Any of this seem OTRT? The explosive and poison make sense, but I'm not sure about the child's toy idea. It doesn't explain the flight itinerary.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3837
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unless the purpose of the flight is to transport the toys to New York. Or the purpose of the flight could be for this guy to leave LA before a number of dirty bombs are detonated and wipe out the area.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17040
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unless the purpose of the flight is to transport the toys to New York. Or the purpose of the flight could be for this guy to leave LA before a number of dirty bombs are detonated and wipe out the area. True. I suggest this, and the man at the desk laughs. "Oh no, the bombs will have gone off before then."
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3842
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doesn't seem like much time to distribute the toys anywhere, so why bother putting the bombs in them. Unless...they could be put into a delivery vehicle and detonated at a delivery point.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17041
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doesn't seem like much time to distribute the toys anywhere, so why bother putting the bombs in them. Unless...they could be put into a delivery vehicle and detonated at a delivery point. Unless... they're not even supposed to be distributed...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 697
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psst! Balin! Over here! *whispers* Are we at all OTRT with this toy thing? *carefully patches hole in fourth wall*

What? I didn't say anything to Balin! Really! Hmm.... Not supposed to be distributed.... Eh. I've got nothing.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17044
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psst! Balin! Over here! *whispers* Are we at all OTRT with this toy thing? *carefully patches hole in fourth wall* You're getting there

What? I didn't say anything to Balin! Really! Hmm.... Not supposed to be distributed.... Eh. I've got nothing. Well, if the toys are supposed to explode, then where would they explode?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3846
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They could explode in the factory, they wouldn't have to be sent anywhere...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 700
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But what would be the reason? They'd just poison the factory.... This gives me a bit of a headache.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17049
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They could explode in the factory, they wouldn't have to be sent anywhere... Yes, but...

But what would be the reason? They'd just poison the factory.... This gives me a bit of a headache. This is true.

As I'm thinking, the man at the desk has pulled out a smartphone and is watching what I think is Final Destination. I'm not sure if he's bored or is giving me a hint.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3853
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if Final Destination is a clue then hopefully someone will catch on and we can proceed. Until then...
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 702
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't seen it either, although the name itself could be the clue, as in, 'What's the final destination?' Hmm...*googlepedias*

Hang on! The movie is about a plane that explodes in mid-flight! Maybe the bombs are going on the plane, then explode on it!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3858
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or maybe explode when the plane lands in NY?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17055
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hang on! The movie is about a plane that explodes in mid-flight! Maybe the bombs are going on the plane, then explode on it! A light bulb goes off above my head. "You're going to blow up the plane, aren't you?" The bad guy smiles. "You see, the idiotic TSA will not X-ray a pet. I will transport my dogs across the country, seemingly innocent animals. But they are fakes, stuffed with explosive to not only destroy the planes, but spread the deadly abrin concealed within. Millions will die," he concludes, smiling toothily.

"Now, it is time for you to die," he says, placing a marble paperweight on a button on his desk. Leather restraints wrap around my wrists and ankles, securing me to the chair I'm in. The man grabs the items not in my pocket before saying, "I must now oversee the final steps" and departing.

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Deck of playing cards
Wristwatch
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Paper match
2 pennies
Microchip
A handful of rosary peas
$20 bill with writing on it
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 704
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you can actually reach all of the stuff? If so, try to use the hoe to push the paperweight off the button. Or throw stuff at it to get it to move because if it doesn't, we die. Probably. If you can, use the duct tape to make a 'rope' and attach it to the SAK (Swiss Army Knife) so you can throw it repeatedly.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17057
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 6:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you can actually reach all of the stuff? If so, try to use the hoe to push the paperweight off the button. The bad guy stole the hoe when he left. Or throw stuff at it to get it to move because if it doesn't, we die. Probably. If you can, use the duct tape to make a 'rope' and attach it to the SAK (Swiss Army Knife) so you can throw it repeatedly. I grab the first item I reach, the deck of cards, and attach a short duct tape rope to it. After a few throws, I knock the paperweight off. The restraints retract.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3870
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How did the man exit the room? Did he use the same door that you entered through?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17059
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How did the man exit the room? Did he use the same door that you entered through? He did. I run over to exit that way too, but it doesn't open. He must have locked it behind him.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 710
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What time is it?

Try to pick the lock with the SAK.

Is there a computer or something like that in here? If so, see what's on it.

When none of that works, play Solitare with the cards until someone else comes up with a better idea.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3897
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out the decorative swords, the potted plant, and the desk. Do any of these hold a clue as to how to get out of the room?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17070
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What time is it?

Try to pick the lock with the SAK. I think it's been sealed somehow, as I can't stick anything into the lock.

Is there a computer or something like that in here? If so, see what's on it. Unfortunately, there isn't.

Check out the decorative swords, the potted plant, and the desk. Do any of these hold a clue as to how to get out of the room? The swords are removable, so I take both. While examining the plant, I accidentally knock it over, revealing a slot in the floor.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2049
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How long and wide is the slot? Would bills fit into it? Maybe you need to "feed" it some money?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 712
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or maybe the microchip would fit?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17073
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How long and wide is the slot? A bit less than a foot long, and a centimeter or so wide. Would bills fit into it? Maybe you need to "feed" it some money? Or maybe the microchip would fit? Money won't fit into it, and neither will the chip.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2051
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about the deck of playing cards?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3914
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about the end of one of the swords?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17077
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 5:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about the end of one of the swords? I stick one of the swords in the slot and a massive plate-glass window is revealed in the wall behind the desk. It overlooks the production, apparently, as I can see a load of explosive dogs being loaded through a conveyor belt into a truck. I've got to stop this!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 713
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*points dramatically at window* Take down that window!

Heehee, couldn't resist.

Try to scratch open a hole, Puss-in-Boots-style, with your SAK.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17079
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*points dramatically at window* Take down that window! With what?

Try to scratch open a hole, Puss-in-Boots-style, with your SAK. I could probably just smash it.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3917
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if you've ever seen 'Remo Williams' then you know that if you can weaken a plate glass window with a diamond stud on a thug's tooth you can easily smash through the window. Since there doesn't seem to be a thug with a diamond stud on his tooth around, either try to crack the glass with the swords or just take a running leap into it and hope that it breaks.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17081
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if you've ever seen 'Remo Williams' then you know that if you can weaken a plate glass window with a diamond stud on a thug's tooth you can easily smash through the window. Since there doesn't seem to be a thug with a diamond stud on his tooth around, either try to crack the glass with the swords or just take a running leap into it and hope that it breaks. I take the other sword and smash it. I think I can jump down safely, so I do so. I'm now at the conveyor belt that's loading the dogs into the truck.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3922
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So do you see any people in this room?
Is there a way to stop the conveyor?
Are you still holding the sword?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 719
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are holding the sword, try to slash up the conveyor belt. Unless that would send you plummeting to your death, of course...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17083
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So do you see any people in this room? No. I think it's all automatic.
Is there a way to stop the conveyor? Not that I can tell. Also, the bad guy said he'd be watching the transportation... but I don't think he's seen me yet. If I stop the conveyor belt, he'll know I'm here.
Are you still holding the sword? Yes.

If you are holding the sword, try to slash up the conveyor belt. Unless that would send you plummeting to your death, of course... Well, even if I did that, the truck would still transport exploding dogs to kill many people. If I could destroy the supply, that would solve the problem.

INVENTORY:

The clothes on my back (blue jeans, belt, polo shirt, leather jacket, sneakers)
Swiss Army knife
Duct tape
Deck of playing cards
Wristwatch
Rubber band
Three one-dollar bills paper-clipped together
Paper match
2 pennies
Microchip
A handful of rosary peas
$20 bill with writing on it
Decorative sword
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 722
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The supply as in the supply of dogs being manufactured, or the supply of dogs in the truck? If the former, run against the belt until you get to the mechanisms creating the dogs. If the latter, head to the truck.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17087
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The supply as in the supply of dogs being manufactured, or the supply of dogs in the truck? Both. But it looks like the dogs aren't being manufactured, just loaded via the belt into the truck. If the former, run against the belt until you get to the mechanisms creating the dogs. If the latter, head to the truck. I can't get out to the truck because the belt leads through a hole in the wall just big enough for the dogs to fit through. I can see the truck through the hole.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17103
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're almost done -- keep up the good puzzling!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 737
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any way to block up the hole in the wall with your jacket?

What size are the dogs? Smaller than: Chihuahua size? Backpack size? Labrador size?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3931
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 4:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where are the dogs originating? Is there a beginning to the conveyor in this room? Does this room have any exits?
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2053
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait, how did we get another match??

Anyway, if you can throw the match through the opening where the conveyor belt ends, maybe you can set the truck on fire? Though then, you better have somewhere to hide when it blows up!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17109
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any way to block up the hole in the wall with your jacket? 'Fraid not.

What size are the dogs? Smaller than: Chihuahua size? Backpack size? Labrador size? They vary in size.

Where are the dogs originating? Is there a beginning to the conveyor in this room? It does; there's a blocky machine that the dogs are being deposited onto the belt from. Does this room have any exits? There's probably one, but I can't see it at the moment.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3934
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How big is the biggest dog?
Check out the machine. How are the dogs getting into it? Are there any controls on it? Is it plugged into an outlet? If not, can you tell how it is getting power?
Check the walls, are there any breaker boxes or power switches?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17113
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 4:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wait, how did we get another match?? There were originally 2, and I used 1.

Anyway, if you can throw the match through the opening where the conveyor belt ends, maybe you can set the truck on fire? Though then, you better have somewhere to hide when it blows up! I suppose I could ignite one of the dogs, but I'd need to light the match.

How big is the biggest dog? The size of a Great Dane.
Check out the machine. How are the dogs getting into it? I think from the other side of the wall, as the machine is right against the wall. I think it's more of a holding chamber or an X-ray to see that the wiring is OK. Are there any controls on it? No. Is it plugged into an outlet? No. If not, can you tell how it is getting power? I'm not sure.
Check the walls, are there any breaker boxes or power switches? I see a breaker box on the wall, but it's just out of reach, and I'll probably be seen if I go for it.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3937
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if the biggest dog is the size of a great Dane and it fits through the hole into the truck you should be able to go through also, right?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 738
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And if need be, I'm sure the file on the SAK would suffice as a rough enough surface to light the match on.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17117
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if the biggest dog is the size of a great Dane and it fits through the hole into the truck you should be able to go through also, right? I probably could. But could I get through without being seen? And could I get back out? (Oh, by the way, it's now 4:50.)

And if need be, I'm sure the file on the SAK would suffice as a rough enough surface to light the match on. I'm sure you're right.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 749
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you did light the match and tossed it into the truck, do you think all of the dogs would catch fire? Or just one? Or none of them?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17129
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you did light the match and tossed it into the truck, do you think all of the dogs would catch fire? Or just one? Or none of them? I don't know. Tossing it into the truck might be just a toss-up (no pun intended) on whether it caught something on fire. But you might be on a solid track.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3938
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get back out? If you can get to where the truck is then you won't need to get back out! If you move quickly through the hole into the next room, be ready to overtake any person and drive that truck out of there!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17130
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get back out? If you can get to where the truck is then you won't need to get back out! If you move quickly through the hole into the next room, be ready to overtake any person and drive that truck out of there! I don't know if that will work. First of all, the dogs are probably being loaded into the back of the truck, not the cab. Second, if I do that, the bad guys will still have a massive load of explosive dogs to do bad things with.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3940
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well you have the file on the SAK and a match. You could try lighting something on fire, maybe one of the dogs if it won't detonate. That may stop the conveyor while they check out the fire.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17132
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well you have the file on the SAK and a match. You could try lighting something on fire, maybe one of the dogs if it won't detonate. That may stop the conveyor while they check out the fire. My watch says it's 4:59, and I see that the last dog is heading up the belt. I strike the match on the file and light the fur of that dog on fire. It's still burning, but only a little bit, as it passes through the hole in the wall.

"Hey!"

Rats, I've been spotted! I need to find a way out. I can't use the hole in the wall, as there is a burning explosive dog over there.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2058
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you climb backwards through the machine that was depositing the dogs onto the belt? If not, how high above you is the shattered window through which you entered this room?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17134
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you climb backwards through the machine that was depositing the dogs onto the belt? Since the belt has stopped, I crawl through the machine and end up in the manufacturing room. In here is a lot of machinery that is no longer on, and a door to the right which has a blinking red light above it. If not, how high above you is the shattered window through which you entered this room? It was too high to reach -- about 10 feet up.
Biograd (Biograd)
New member
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2060
Registered: 6-2008
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you heard the truck full of dogs explode yet?

Is the door with the red light locked? If so, how (i.e., does the lock look like it needs a key, a combination, etc.)?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17140
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you heard the truck full of dogs explode yet? Not yet.

Is the door with the red light locked? If so, how (i.e., does the lock look like it needs a key, a combination, etc.)? I walk over to the door, and part of the floor seems to give a bit as I walk over there. There is a combination lock of 5 digits on the door.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3943
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That door might as well be made of steel and welded shut unless we have any clue about what the combination may be.

Walk back to the part of the floor that gives. Does there seem to be a panel there? A concealed door in the floor? Does the floor have some kind of tile or other kind of flooring that can be lifted or removed?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17143
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That door might as well be made of steel and welded shut unless we have any clue about what the combination may be. Yeah...

Walk back to the part of the floor that gives. Does there seem to be a panel there? A concealed door in the floor? It's not even concealed -- there's an obvious trapdoor in the floor. Does the floor have some kind of tile or other kind of flooring that can be lifted or removed?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3945
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well man, open that trap door!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17146
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2012 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well man, open that trap door! It's locked. But this time, with a keyhole.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 785
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slice it open with the sword! *cackles*

Pick it with the paperclips/SAK if that doesn't work.

Incidentally, what time is it?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17161
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slice it open with the sword! *cackles*

Pick it with the paperclips/SAK if that doesn't work. Hang on. If there's a locked trapdoor in a room full of machinery, it's likely that the workers were lazy and left the keys in here.

Incidentally, what time is it? It's 5:01. I think I hear the truck starting up.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3954
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a quick and thorough search of the room and see if you locate any keys that were carelessly yet conveniently left behind. If you locate any keys, see if there is one that will open the trap door.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17166
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a quick and thorough search of the room and see if you locate any keys that were carelessly yet conveniently left behind. If you locate any keys, see if there is one that will open the trap door. There's a keyring with 2 keys on it hanging on a screw on one of the machines. One of the keys does open the trapdoor, and I go down into the empty room near the library. As I descend, I hear a loud BOOM and the building shakes.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3957
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if that boom was one or more of those dogs exploding then you'll be dead in a minute unless you can find a gas mask somewhere (or create one out of duct tape).

Run out into the hallway and see if any previously closed and locked doors are now open.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17168
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if that boom was one or more of those dogs exploding then you'll be dead in a minute unless you can find a gas mask somewhere (or create one out of duct tape).

Run out into the hallway and see if any previously closed and locked doors are now open. I book it over. Both doors that were locked are still locked, but I do still have one more key.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 795
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try it in both doors!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17171
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try it in both doors! It opens the one on the left, which is a supply closet. On a shelf is a gas mask and toolbox.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 796
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put on that gas mask!

What's in the toolbox?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17173
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put on that gas mask! I put on the mask and can now breathe safely.

What's in the toolbox? A flat screwdriver and pair of pliers.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17182
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys: The other locked door may or may not be the exit door...
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3968
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What rooms and doors are currently accessible?
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17185
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What rooms and doors are currently accessible? Three of the rooms in the corridor: the empty room, library, and supply closet. There is also a fourth door opposite the supply closet, and that is locked.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 819
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smash open the door with the sword! (I really doubt this will work xD)

Go to the library and look for a book on picking open locks with a paper clip. Read it.

Pick the lock with the paper clip.

"The empty room"-is it TOTALLY empty? Did we ever get a description of it? If not (or even if so xD), description please.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 827
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Waitwaitwait! I've got an idea! Which side of the locked door are the hinges on? If they're on this side, we can unscrew the hinges and pry the door open with the sword!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17189
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smash open the door with the sword! (I really doubt this will work xD) I hack at the door, but only manage to make a few nicks in it.

Go to the library and look for a book on picking open locks with a paper clip. Read it. I already know how.

Pick the lock with the paper clip. I try, but there's something stuck in the lock. It might be a broken-off key.

"The empty room"-is it TOTALLY empty? Yes, it is. Did we ever get a description of it? If not (or even if so xD), description please. It's completely empty, with an open trapdoor in the ceiling.

Waitwaitwait! I've got an idea! Which side of the locked door are the hinges on? If they're on this side, we can unscrew the hinges and pry the door open with the sword! They're on the other side, but that's a really good idea. I'll hold onto that for later.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 832
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inventory?

WHY CAN'T THE KEY BE ON THE OTHER SIDE? If it was, we could do the whole paper-under-door-poke-key-out trick.

Is the stuck thing flush with the surface of the lock? Or is it recessed slightly? Or protrude from the lock's surface?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
New member
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3976
Registered: 1-2001
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's all about that locked door now, it would seem, unless the library holds some kind of way out.

Can you use the screwdriver to unscrew the handle or lock from the door? What is the door made out of? If it's a wooden door could you use the match to set the door on fire and stand back and watch it burn to ashes and then saunter out?

Can you use the sword's tip to pry out the piece of key that's stuck in the lock?

You realize, of course, that you face a bleak and depressing existence once you get out of this building. If that explosion you heard was the nerve gas dogs, then toxic gas is now spreading across the area like a deadly fog, killing everything in its path. By the time it dissipates many people will have died. Of course, if we can't figure out a way to get you through this locked door, then you may just have to go sit in the library and read some books to bide the time until your gas mask no longer filters the air and you succumb to the noxious fumes...
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17197
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inventory? As it turns out, I dropped a whole bunch of stuff earlier, so all I have is:

Keyring with 2 keys
Decorative sword
Screwdriver
Pliers


WHY CAN'T THE KEY BE ON THE OTHER SIDE? If it was, we could do the whole paper-under-door-poke-key-out trick.

Is the stuck thing flush with the surface of the lock? Or is it recessed slightly? Or protrude from the lock's surface? About a centimeter or so pokes out from the lock's surface.

It's all about that locked door now, it would seem, unless the library holds some kind of way out. I didn't see a way out in the library, so I'd guess this is it.

Can you use the screwdriver to unscrew the handle or lock from the door? No; there are no visible screws. What is the door made out of? Thick wood. If it's a wooden door could you use the match to set the door on fire and stand back and watch it burn to ashes and then saunter out? I used the match already.

Can you use the sword's tip to pry out the piece of key that's stuck in the lock? No; I'd have to turn the thing in the lock.

You realize, of course, that you face a bleak and depressing existence once you get out of this building. If that explosion you heard was the nerve gas dogs, then toxic gas is now spreading across the area like a deadly fog, killing everything in its path. By the time it dissipates many people will have died. Of course, if we can't figure out a way to get you through this locked door, then you may just have to go sit in the library and read some books to bide the time until your gas mask no longer filters the air and you succumb to the noxious fumes... True... Unless the gas is contained in the building. Plus, there didn't seem to be anyone else in this area. Maybe this area is abandoned.
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17198
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and I also have the clothes on my back and my knife and tape.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 833
Registered: 1-2012
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well that makes things easier. Make a 'handle' for the key out of duct tape and stick it to the key. Turn and get out!
Balin (Balin)
New member
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17199
Registered: 4-2010
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well that makes things easier. Make a 'handle' for the key out of duct tape and stick it to the key. Turn and get out! The tape is too flimsy!
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
New member
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: