[Solitaire} Man, would you look at that! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2012 » [Solitaire} Man, would you look at that! « Previous Next »

Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 806
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She was in a church, but should have been in a circus.
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = HAF?
church = place of religious worship? If so, specific religion relevant?
circus = traditional circus, in a tent, with performing animals?
Should she have been at the circus as a spectator? or performer?
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she dead when in the church? And it was her funeral?
Had she been in a circus before?
Was she supposed to be performing in a circus at the time she was in the church?
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 807
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = HAF? Yes/yope
church = place of religious worship? YesIf so, specific religion relevant? Yes,Roman Catholic
circus = traditional circus, in a tent,yessish to both with performing animals? n.r.; no performing animals are involved.
Should she have been at the circus as a spectator?no or performer?yope

Was she dead when in the church?Yessish; could be a FA here. And it was her funeral? No
Had she been in a circus before? no
Was she supposed to be performing in a circus at the time she was in the church? no
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 474
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unconscious? In a coma?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 862
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she a religious figure? such as Mary? an angel?
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 808
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unconscious? In a coma? No to both.

Is she a religious figure? YES, with a slight -ish such as Mary? an angel? But not these.
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HAF = Yes/Yope

Is the yope for "Adult"?
Isthe yope for "Human"? If so, is/was this literally a human or a portrayal of one? Statue? Painting?
Emma_nilsson (Emma_nilsson)
Username: Emma_nilsson

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

clowns relevant?
or acrobats?
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 809
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HAF = Yes/Yope

Is the yope for "Adult"?
Isthe yope for "Human"? Yessish If so, is/was this literally a human or a portrayalYessish of one? Statue? This, but of a human persumed to have existed.Painting?
clowns relevant?
or acrobats?No to both
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she a saint? a reproduction of a saint? the remains of a saint?

is she a bearded lady? or that saint who grew a horn?
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 810
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she a saint?yes a reproduction of a saint?could be also the remains of a saint? n.r.

is she a bearded lady? Yes! or that saint who grew a horn? No, but ??
I think you are OTRT and almost to the finish line, Shez. Want to go ahead?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2941
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh dear - I don't know anything about saints. Maybe someone else can help out, or you $poil it and I'll get the info about the horned saint
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4009
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something mentioned in the Da Vinci Code relevant? The fact that there is a theory that one of the people depicted in the Last Supper is actually Mary Magdalene?
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 811
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh dear - I don't know anything about saints. Maybe someone else can help out, or you $poil it and I'll get the info about the horned saintwhen you do that, look up "bearded lady saints" with my blessing.
Something mentioned in the Da Vinci Code relevant? The fact that there is a theory that one of the people depicted in the Last Supper is actually Mary Magdalene? No to both.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4011
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah I was overthinking this . I've got the answer but will allow Shez the honour.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 2948
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

aw shucks

Wilgefortis was a young Christian noblewoman, the daughter of a pagan king (sometimes the King of Portugal). Her father had arranged a marriage for her to another pagan. Reluctant to enter into the marriage because of the vow of chastity she had taken, she prayed for God to make her repulsive to her future husband. Miraculously, when she awoke she discovered she'd sprouted a beard! The newly grown beard had the effect Wilgefortis had hoped for, and as a result the engagement was broken. Her father was rather less pleased with his daughter's actions, and the consequences of her new beard. He became enraged, and ultimately had her crucified.

I haven't been able to find the horned saint yet but I know she existed because I learned about her on QI so it must be true
Solitiare (Solitiare)

Post Number: 815
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wilgefortis was a young Christian noblewoman, the daughter of a pagan king (sometimes the King of Portugal). Her father had arranged a marriage for her to another pagan. Reluctant to enter into the marriage because of the vow of chastity she had taken, she prayed for God to make her repulsive to her future husband. Miraculously, when she awoke she discovered she'd sprouted a beard! The newly grown beard had the effect Wilgefortis had hoped for, and as a result the engagement was broken. Her father was rather less pleased with his daughter's actions, and the consequences of her new beard. He became enraged, and ultimately had her crucified.

I haven't been able to find the horned saint yet but I know she existed because I learned about her on QI so it must be true

***********SPOILER***********
That's the one! In England, she was knoiwn as St Uncumber, being prayed to by women who wanted to be 'uncumbered' of a husband or boyfriend - or so goes the legend.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: