[Biograd] I believe in yesterday Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Biograd] I believe in yesterday « Previous Next »

Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is not often that I remice, but I did earlier today. Given some fact about me, I actually should do so more often. But it is possible for TWO people to remice together, though not individually, which actually happens more often with me, and probably to many of you as well.

What am I talking about?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2077
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and to clarify, since I think it's ambiguous. It IS possible for one person to remice by him/herself (usually not while strictly alone, but without anyone else's help)--that's what I did earlier. But there is another sense in which two people can remice jointly, without either person remicing him/herself.
Jondahr (Jondahr)
Username: Jondahr

Post Number: 281
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone remice? Can more than two people remice together? Could a blind person remice? A deaf? A mute?

Does it have something to do with past events? If so, recent past? Does it involve talking? Nostalgia relevant?
Lateralstar9 (Lateralstar9)
Username: Lateralstar9

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be normal to see someone remice in public? Would two strangers remice? Family members? Business partners?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would a husband and wife remice together? Would brother and sister? Mother and son? Father and son? Lesbian woman and lesiban wife? Gay man and gay husband? Polygamist family all together at once?
Best friends? Archenemies? A boss and his employee? Co-workers? Me and you?
A slave master and his slave? Could I remice with you online if I wanted to? Is it something that I would probably want to do?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 5053
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does remicing require physical movement? Objects? Can you tell if someone has remiced if you have never met him? If I named a famous figure, could you tell me if he ever remiced? Or was likely to?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone remice?Most can, but not all. Can more than two people remice together?Yes Could a blind person remice?Yes A deaf?Yes A mute?Technically yes, but less likely.

Does it have something to do with past events?YES If so, recent past?No Does it involve talking?Usually, but not strictly Nostalgia relevant?Yesish
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2079
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be normal to see someone remice in public?I think FA Would two strangers remice?Highly unlikely Family members?Yes Business partners?Yes

Would a husband and wife remice together? Would brother and sister? Mother and son? Father and son? Lesbian woman and lesiban wife? Gay man and gay husband? Polygamist family all together at once?
Best friends? Archenemies? A boss and his employee? Co-workers?All are possible. Family members and best friends are particularly likely.
Me and you?Highly unlikely, as we don't know each other personally.
A slave master and his slave?Yes Could I remice with you online if I wanted to?Hard to answer, as I think you have a FA. Is it something that I would probably want to do?I'd say no, as again we don't know each other.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does remicing require physical movement? Objects? Can you tell if someone has remiced if you have never met him? If I named a famous figure, could you tell me if he ever remiced? Or was likely to?No to all. Part of it usually involves talking (or writing), and so if you count those as physical movement then it usually does.
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 298
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So does remicing have anything to do with remeniscing? Recalling that things were better in earlier times? Wishing you lived in another time period? Retracing ones steps relevant?

Not recent past, so usually months ago? Years ago? Decades? Centuries? Millenia?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 5073
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is remicing a sort of communication? Conversation? Are we remicing right now?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2083
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So does remicing have anything to do with remeniscing?Somewhat. That's not how I chose the word, but memory is certainly involved. Recalling that things were better in earlier times? Wishing you lived in another time period? Retracing ones steps relevant?No to rest

Not recent past, so usually months ago? Years ago? Decades? Centuries? Millenia?Most commonly years or decades. Not centuries or millennia, unless one miraculously lived that long!

Is remicing a sort of communication? Conversation?It usually involves a communication/conversation at some point Are we remicing right now?No
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 5080
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interviewing friends or family about the past?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So it has to do with recalling some earlier aspects of/events in your life? Or somebody else's life? If I remiced with another person, would it have to do with both our lives?

Does it have to do with some certain kind of event in your life? Or some specific period? Childhood? Youth? Young adulthood? Or can it be any event in any part of your life?

Trying to remember something you've forgotten? Trying to relive something you've already experienced?

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could a blind-deaf-mute person remice? A blind-mute person? A deaf-mute person? A mime? Could I remice while tied to a chair, blindfolded, and gagged? (Like if my family and I were kidnapped by evil people)?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2086
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interviewing friends or family about the past?No... but this could take place in one part of the act of remicing

So it has to do with recalling some earlier aspects of/events in your life?This for "solitary" remicing--yesish for "joint" remicing Or somebody else's life?Yope for remicing with someone else If I remiced with another person, would it have to do with both our lives?Yesish

Does it have to do with some certain kind of event in your life? Or some specific period? Childhood? Youth? Young adulthood? Or can it be any event in any part of your life?This--any kind of event in any part of one's life can be the basis.

Trying to remember something you've forgotten?No or maybe Yope Trying to relive something you've already experienced?No

Could a blind-deaf-mute person remice? A blind-mute person? A deaf-mute person? A mime? Could I remice while tied to a chair, blindfolded, and gagged? (Like if my family and I were kidnapped by evil people)?Yes to all, provided he/she is remicing alone. Speech and listening is only usually involved.

Post Number: 1985
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could I remice with someone else through facebook chat? Through Skype chat? On the telephone?

Or do I have to do it in person?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2087
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could I remice with someone else through facebook chat? Through Skype chat? On the telephone?Yes to all. But I have a feeling that there may be a FA lurking somewhere.

Or do I have to do it in person?So no
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3194
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2012 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it remembering something that actually happened? remembering and embroidering the truth? complete false memory?

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I hit my head on the world's largest taco and get amnesia, would I still be able to remice?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 316
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mhmm... big taco...

So, remicing usually involves communication. But you can also do this completely inside your head? So it's a thinking activity? Does it demand absolute focus and clear thinking? Or can I remice casually, while doing something else, without really paying all that much attention to it?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it remembering something that actually happened?Yes remembering and embroidering the truth?So no complete false memory?and no.

If I hit my head on the world's largest taco and get amnesia, would I still be able to remice?Depends on if you had amnesia for events before or after hitting your head. If you only had amnesia for events prior to hitting your head, you could remice with someone else (but not alone).

So, remicing usually involves communication. But you can also do this completely inside your head?Yes So it's a thinking activity?Yes Does it demand absolute focus and clear thinking?Not real effort, though it is something one is conscious of Or can I remice casually, while doing something else, without really paying all that much attention to it?Not if you mean, without noticing you're doing it.
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does that mean that if you were suffering anterograde amnesia you would be unable to remice?

So it is remembering something that has happened, and it doesn't have to be any specific kind of event - but since there has to be something more to it: is there another step involved after remembering the relevant event(s)? Or simultaneously? Reworking the memory? Connecting it with other memories? Comparing it? Comparing it to the present?

Are you trying to remember certain details of the memory?

Post Number: 2003
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Several different scenarios involving me hitting my head on the world's largest taco....

I hit my head and get amnesia for events before hitting my head.... Immediately thereafter, would I be able to remice by myself? With others?

I hit my head and get ammnesia for all events..... Immediately thereafter (same questions)

I hit my head and get amnesia only for events after hitting my head on the taco. Immediately thereafter (same questions)

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia only for events before hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia for all events before hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia for all events after hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....

Also, for the two years later questions, please separate into remicing about events before and after hitting my head, if it matters. Obviously immediately after, there are no events after. Also, could I remice about hitting my head on the taco if I have no memory of the incident and there were no witnesses present? If there were witnesses present? If there were no witnesses present but the incident was broadcast on Live National TV to the entire country because it was being filmed by an automated camera and the operator went to the bathroom?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does that mean that if you were suffering anterograde amnesia you would be unable to remice?Yes, one couldn't remice alone. In a sense one could still remice with someone else, except this statement is misleading because of the FA (which is still lurking)

And I actually made an error--one could remice alone if one was experiencing retrograde amnesia, but the event that is the subject would have to occur after the incident causing the amnesia (which means the remicing would typically occur much later).

So it is remembering something that has happened, and it doesn't have to be any specific kind of event - but since there has to be something more to it: is there another step involved after remembering the relevant event(s)?Yesish Or simultaneously?No Reworking the memory?You mean, altering it? Then no. Connecting it with other memories?Yope Comparing it?No Comparing it to the present? No

Are you trying to remember certain details of the memory?Not necessarily
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2091
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hit my head and get amnesia for events before hitting my head.... Immediately thereafter, would I be able to remice by myself?No With others?Yes, with the FA qualifier again.

Actually, I will decline to answer any more "with others" questions until the FA is cleared, as the meaning of those questions is ambiguous. All the following pertain to remicing alone.

I hit my head and get ammnesia for all events..... Immediately thereafter (same questions) No

I hit my head and get amnesia only for events after hitting my head on the taco. Immediately thereafter (same questions) Yes, only about events before hitting the taco.

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia only for events before hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....
Yes, only about events after the taco.

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia for all events before hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....
Yes, only about events after the taco.

I hit my head and get permanent amnesia for all events after hitting my head on the taco. Two years later (same questions)....
Yes, only about events before the taco.

Also, could I remice about hitting my head on the taco if I have no memory of the incident and there were no witnesses present?NO! And here I can firmly say that you cannot remice about this with others too--and in fact nobody can! If there were witnesses present?No If there were no witnesses present but the incident was broadcast on Live National TV to the entire country because it was being filmed by an automated camera and the operator went to the bathroom?No

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could anyone remice about me hitting my head on the taco if it was broadcast live on national TV?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 5:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could anyone remice about me hitting my head on the taco if it was broadcast live on national TV?Yes

HINT: Establish the time frame of remicing itself. We know that it usually begins months or years after the event that one is remicing "about", but...
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2450
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody... looong time no see, hope I can join in again

Does remicing involve "correct" or "incorrect" assumptions about events which happened much earlier?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3159
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

welcome back!
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2455
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot, Noel, I really missed you all
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does remicing involve "correct" or "incorrect" assumptions about events which happened much earlier?Not assumptions, no. Assume that whatever memories anyone involved has are accurate.
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2179
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it remembering past facts, long forgotten, because of a simple everyday event? (like drinking a cup of coffee and suddenly remember that 20 years ago you drank the same type of coffee with a nice lady?)

I know Proust made this kind of remembering famous, but I hope he will not sue me for using it : - )
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2113
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it remembering past facts, long forgotten, because of a simple everyday event?Not in the way you seem to be thinking, at least.
Imafr33styl3r (Imafr33styl3r)
Username: Imafr33styl3r

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does remicing have anything to do with reliving memories?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does remicing have anything to do with reliving memories?You mean, by going back to places one has been in the past, or meeting old people? Then no.

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there any movement involved, or does the act of remicing involve only the mind?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3713
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it being reminded of the past by prompting? or seeing photos? eating madeleines?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2132
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there any movement involved, or does the act of remicing involve only the mind?The latter, except for the (aforementioned) communication that may have happened.

is it being reminded of the past by prompting?Yopish, no to the other two or seeing photos? eating madeleines?

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is remicing triggered by something? Is remicing something that one actively decides to partake in?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is remicing triggered by something?Possibly, but may happen out of the blue as well Is remicing something that one actively decides to partake in?No, it's mostly something that just happens.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5170
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When remicing together with someone, does one person start? and then the other can join in? When remicing together, must it be about something both remembers? something both have experienced in their lifetime? Experienced together? Can it be said that you remice about something? If so, could I remice with a friend about a TV show we had both seen, for instance? If so, even if we didn't see it together? Or if we saw it at different times? Childhood memories relevant?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3778
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it when you get a tune in your head and you just can't get it out again?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When remicing together with someone, does one person start? and then the other can join in?
Not join in, but in fact the actions of the two people DO take place at different times! This clears the major FA that seems to have been lurking, and may lead to clearing a FA regarding "solo" remicing as well.
When remicing together, must it be about something both remembers?Yope something both have experienced in their lifetime?No Experienced together?No, but both of these CAN (not must) be true Can it be said that you remice about something?Yes If so, could I remice with a friend about a TV show we had both seen, for instance?Yes If so, even if we didn't see it together?Yes Or if we saw it at different times?Yes, but beware another FA Childhood memories relevant?Not necessarily, though these ARE especially suited to remicing, particularly of the two-person variety.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it when you get a tune in your head and you just can't get it out again?No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5228
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you remice with someone about something only one of you have experienced? And the other person has no knowledge of from before? Can you remice about an object? Such as an old toy you had? Are your feelings about the thing you remice about relevant?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you remice with someone about something only one of you have experienced?Yes And the other person has no knowledge of from before?Before what? See the FA clear-up above. Can you remice about an object?Yes Such as an old toy you had?So yes. Are your feelings about the thing you remice about relevant?No, not at all.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5774
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "rem" in "remice" from "remember"? Nostalgia relevant? Can remicing be triggered by a smell?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 5:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "rem" in "remice" from "remember"?Yes Nostalgia relevant?Not necessarily, but may be. Can remicing be triggered by a smell?Um, I think you might have a FA, but I suppose it could.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2173
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will $po1l this one soon if it doesn't pick up again, as I'm rather bored with it (and it seems everyone else is too).
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 5:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***********SPOILER******************************

To remice (from "remember twice") is to remember an event only because you can recall a prior time when you (or someone else) recalled that event.

For example, suppose you were driving to work one day and saw a group of people walking along the street in duck costumes. Then, a few years later, you are at a friend's house telling him the story of having seen the people in duck costumes, and at that moment a lamp falls from the ceiling, right into the food on the dinner table. Finally, some years after that, you happen to recall the incident of the falling lamp, which then reminds you of the event when going to work, which you otherwise would have completely forgotten about.

The two-person form of remicing is common with parents and children. A parent may remember an amusing incident that happened when the child was too young to remember, and repeatedly tell this story at family occasions. Then the child, as an adult, may look back on the many times he or she was told that story.

And, true to form (or ironically, whichever it may be), by now I've forgotten what it was I remiced about before I posted this puzzle.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4801
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's very clever Biograd, a shame that this one died on you a bit . The perils of having a puzzle near the top of the page.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: