(Solo1)Hardly Noel Coward Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - July 2012 » (Solo1)Hardly Noel Coward « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She: This is the first time in many years that I have been in the arms of a man not my husband. However I pictured that, it was surely not like this.
He: I do this with all sorts of women, my dear, and I never tell my wife.

What is happening? No, not what you think. Puzzle is PG13, at most
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1998
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CPR?
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are his actions part of his profession? Does he do "this" also with men? All sorts of men?

Medical treatment involved? Sports? Acting? Education?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CPR? No, but OTRT
Are his actions part of his profession? Does he do "this" also with men? All sorts of men? Yes, yes, and yes

Medical treatment involved? Yessish Sports? Acting? Education? No to these
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4186
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heimlich?

Is he demonstrating something ? Is he an istructor? Is he a lifeguard?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 124
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heimlich? No, but also sort of OTRT

Is he demonstrating something ? Is he an istructor? Is he a lifeguard? No to all
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he stretching her? Massaging her? Is she in pain? Is she ill?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he stretching her? Massaging her?No to both Is she in pain?Yope Is she ill? Yes!
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he a chiropractor?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he a doctor? Physiotherapist? Alternative medicine practitioner? Is he attempting to cure her? Alleviate pain or discomfort? Helping her move? Is she unable to move without support from him? Unable to perform some other activity?

Is he lifting her up? Holding her off the floor? Is she standing? Sitting? Lying down?

Should we look more into why he doesn't tell his wife?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he a chiropractor? No
Is he a doctor?No,but explore Physiotherapist? Alternative medicine practitioner? No to all Is he attempting to cure her? No Alleviate pain or discomfort? Yessish Helping her move?Yes! Is she unable to move without support from him? Unable to perform some other activity? More like 'forbidden to.'

Is he lifting her up? YESHolding her off the floor? Is she standing? Sitting?This Lying down?

Should we look more into why he doesn't tell his wife? Wouldn't hurt. It's not because she would be jealous.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3200
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does he not tell his wife because it's something he does all the time?

is he rescuing her? is he a fireman?

is he a nursing assistant? for example lifting her into a wheelchair? or from a wheelchair to a car? or onto a bed?

is she not supposed to move by herself because she might hurt herself?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does he not tell his wife because it's something he does all the time? Among the things he does all the time.

is he rescuing her? is he a fireman? No to both

is he a nursing assistant? Yes, he is a nurse for example lifting her into a wheelchair? or from a wheelchair to a car? All possible.or onto a bed? but this is closest.

is she not supposed to move by herself because she might hurt herself? Yes!

Without going into too much detail, here is the ********SPOILER***********

This puzzle is autobiographical. I have recently spent some time in the hospital, including a stay in ICU, during which I was pretty much immobile. Let's just say I was one sick kitteh for a while.

There is an addendum to this. I almost posted an alternate puzzle titled "2 creepy 4 me" and this is why. Not so long ago I coined a neologism, "to celemorph" meaning to dream about a celebrity, in this case Dr. Michael DeBakey. Well, I wound up being transfered to Methodist Hospital in Houston, to the DeBakey Cardiac Wing (although I was not a cardiac patient) and my doctors were Dr. DuBose and Dr. Diaz!
There is a rational explanation, of course. I must have been sickening for something, which is why I was dreaming about doctors, and living where I do, it was most likely I would be transferred to Houston, where Dr. DeBakey's name is all over the place, but still.....

From here on, I have determined never to blabbermorph =blab + morph =to be in the arms of Morpheus, or dreaming = to tell one's dreams.
And that's another neologism!
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow! I hope you are a well kitteh now!

nice puzzle, thanks
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 135
Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad you enjoyed it. Think what I had to go through to come up with this puzzle! ;-0. Not the only reason, of course.
Yes, recovering well; will soon be back in good puzzling form.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2094
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would have thought that to "blabbermorph" would be to reveal a secret by talking in one's sleep--something that seems to happen a lot in works of fiction but almost never in reality.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: