[Nimue] And yet another passive scrund Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2012 » [Nimue] And yet another passive scrund « Previous Next »

Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 8278
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to have a passive scrund about TV (that is, something I took for granted & was surprised to learn was false). I bet some of you have had it, too. What is it?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2967
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it about a particular TV show? The way television sets work? The way TV is transmitted from the station to your TV? Something about commercials?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 8280
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2967

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:49 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Was it about a particular TV show?noish The way television sets work? noThe way TV is transmitted from the station to your TV? noSomething about commercials? no
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 281
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The way programs are scheduled?

The role(s) that the people running the station play? They way the programs happen to run at the scheduled time?

Advertising relevant?

Would this srcund have held true 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago?

Did you think that someone needed to actually be in the building that is wired to that transmitter?
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it concern a particulara type of show? News, sports, drama, sitcoms, music, 'reality," something else?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 8283
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 281

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:17 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
The way programs are scheduled? no

The role(s) that the people running the station play? no or noish They way the programs happen to run at the scheduled time? no

Advertising relevant? no

Would this srcund have held true 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago? yes to all

Did you think that someone needed to actually be in the building that is wired to that transmitter? no
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 166

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:50 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does it concern a particulara type of show? News, sports, drama, sitcoms, music, 'reality," something else? sitcoms
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2972
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is canned laughter relevant?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 8285
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2972
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 7:11 pm:
Is canned laughter relevant? I'm afraid so!!

************** SPOILER **************

Oh, how humiliating-- another easy puzzle. I was amazed to learn that sitcoms used canned laughter & that most viewers knew this. How can it work if people know about it? How can I get out of my spate of too-easy puzzles? Well, check out my new one!!
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2974
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I had no idea that was the answer! I was just trying to think what sitcoms would have but other types of shows wouldn't.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 8289
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why apologize for a good guess? I'm the one who should apologize -- for an easy puzzle!!
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 288
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, Nimue, next time you listen to a sitcom with a laugh track, focus on the laughter a little. I bet it will drive you crazy, because once you listen to it you will hear how fake it is, and in fact it could easily ruin the comedy for you.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 8294
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gee, thanks for this useful advice!!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: