[peter365] Middle Child Syndrome Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2012 » [peter365] Middle Child Syndrome « Previous Next »

Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4301
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there puzzle pals

I have three lovely daughters and Aoife (that's pronounced ee faa and is Irish for pleasant) the one in the middle is best described as being delightfully eccentric . She says and does things occasionally that I'm sure make sense in her own little world but leave the rest of the family completely puzzled. I find it a wonderfully endearing characteristic and I wanted to share with you a little story to illustrate this eccentricity.

Your mission is to find out what Aoife said as a result of being asked a typical parent to child question. The brief conversation that followed and her explanation of something she had done will leave you in no doubt as to her character.

So what happened?

Aoife is almost 14 years old for your information and is very much human and female.
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you ask her something? Or rather her mom did it? Relevant?

Did the question refer to: what she did in school? Information on her colleagues / friends? Her opinion about something heard in the news?

Are her hobbies relevant? If so, are they related to: arts? philosophy? science? political matters? economy? geography?

Is the opinion expressed (if there was one) a totally pessimistic one ("we should kill them all") or a totally optimistic one("we should save them all")?

Animals involved?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4303
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you ask her something? Or rather her mom did it? Relevant? Her Mom asked but not really relevant

Did the question refer to: what she did in school? Information on her colleagues / friends? Her opinion about something heard in the news? None of these

Are her hobbies relevant? no If so, are they related to: arts? philosophy? science? political matters? economy? geography? Hee Hee an interesting list of potential hobby areas for a 14 year old girl. You missed hair straightening, hugging her pals as if she hasn't seen them in a year, watching awful reality TV shows & not cleaning her room. Not sure what category they fall under but those are her hobbies

Is the opinion expressed (if there was one) a totally pessimistic one ("we should kill them all") or a totally optimistic one("we should save them all")? No opinions are relevant

Animals involved? No
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2068
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hehe, those were not in my list when I was her age, football and doing nothing were : )

Did she (Mom) asked her about something she (Aoife) has done (or should have done) that day? That week?

A "philosophical" question (where are children coming from, for example)?

Or maybe something "administrative" in nature (e.g., where are your dirty clothes, did you do your homework, etc)?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4304
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hehe, those were not in my list when I was her age, football and doing nothing were : ) Yeah it was sport all the way for me .

Did she (Mom) asked her about something she (Aoife) has done (or should have done) that day? Yes and should have done is a good way to phrase this That week?

A "philosophical" question (where are children coming from, for example)? No

Or maybe something "administrative" in nature (e.g., where are your dirty clothes, did you do your homework, etc)? This sort of thing yes and very much in the right ballpark
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4793
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask about: clothes? Makeup? Homework? Chores? Whereabouts? Whereabouts of an object? School? Travel?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4305
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she ask about: clothes? Makeup? Homework? Chores? Whereabouts? Whereabouts of an object? School? Travel? None of these but a good list all the same. I'm sure you were all asked this question when you were children.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17546
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is her daily routine relevant? (wake up, wash up, eat, etc...) Electronics relevant?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4309
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is her daily routine relevant? Yes(wake up, wash up this for a specific example, eat, etc...) Electronics relevant? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17547
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Washing hair? Taking a shower? Taking a bath?

If either of the latter, is the word "taking" relevant? "No, I couldn't take a shower because I couldn't get the fixture out of the wall"?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4310
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Washing hair? Taking a shower? Taking a bath? None of these

If either of the latter, is the word "taking" relevant? "No, I couldn't take a shower because I couldn't get the fixture out of the wall"? Ha Ha but no to all
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3121
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Washing her hands? If so, after using the restroom?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2070
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the question simply:"Did you wash yourself / your clothes"?

Or the washing part was just an example and has nothing to do with the actual question?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4311
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Washing her hands? yes If so, after using the restroom? No but before eating a meal

Was the question simply:"Did you wash yourself / your clothes"?

Or the washing part was just an example and has nothing to do with the actual question? No

Ok the question has been established and the circumstances i.e. Did you wash your hands before dinner? Now ask yourself how this little scene might have continued
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17549
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the question asked before/during/after dinner? Did her answer reflect that the question did not say it had to be that day's dinner? Or maybe "Yes, nine hours before"?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4312
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the question asked before/during/after dinner? Before Did her answer reflect that the question did not say it had to be that day's dinner? Or maybe "Yes, nine hours before"? No to both.

As a small hint let's say she answered with a hesitant yes
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3126
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Yes but I didn't use soap"?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4313
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Yes but I didn't use soap"? Hee Hee no, put yourself in the adults position 'Did you wash your hands before dinner?' 'Emm yes'

What would your next statement be.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3128
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm, I can remember as a kid that if there was any hesitation in our answer, my parents would say "go do it again". OTRT?

Had she actually washed her hands?
Had she done something after washing her hands to make them dirty again?
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't say dinner _today_, did she?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3368
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did her Mum say "show me your hands then"?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 5:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she hiding something from her Mom (except her dirty hands)?

Her Mom asked her to wash her hands (again?) to her eccentric reply??
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4317
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm, I can remember as a kid that if there was any hesitation in our answer, my parents would say "go do it again". OTRT? Somewhat see below

Had she actually washed her hands? Probably not
Had she done something after washing her hands to make them dirty again? No
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4318
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't say dinner _today_, did she? No

did her Mum say "show me your hands then"? Yes

Was she hiding something from her Mom (except her dirty hands)? No

Her Mom asked her to wash her hands (again?) to her eccentric reply?? No

Ok we're making progress. Aoife was asked to show her hands and when she did it provoked a 'what on earth' reaction from both her parents and led to her very surreal explanation. What was on her hands and more importantly how did she explain herself?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4319
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and welcome to the forum Rogerchang
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3375
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there paint on her hands? ink? mud?

were her nails painted?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2564
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something written on her hands?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17560
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she show something on which the words "your hands" were written?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4320
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there paint on her hands? ink? this and something else mud? No to rest

were her nails painted?yes but not relevant
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4321
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something written on her hands? Yes but there's something else there as well
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4322
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she show something on which the words "your hands" were written? I like it but I'm afraid that's a no
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3136
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the ink...from a pen? from a stamp pad?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3379
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was a phone number written on her hand? a word? words? was there a picture?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4324
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the ink...from a pen? from a stamp pad? from a pen
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4325
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was a phone number written on her hand? a word? words? was there a picture? It was a little homework reminder but it could have been any of the above
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2072
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she put her hands into something you prepared to decorate/ refurbish the walls?

As a side note, i was "babysitting" two children, about 2-5 years old, yesterday, for about 2 hours. I hardly woke up this morning.

-- Razvan, did you know that....
-- Razvan,did I tell you that...
-- Razvan, what's the difference between this and that...
-- Razvan, I will come
-- Razvan, I will not come

JESUS! : )

-- Do whatever you want, but try to use only water that is not so hot!
... And now I'm going to sleep///

-- (5 mins later) Razvan, if my brother yells, the cat is alert and the dog barks, this might mean that the water was too hot?

-- No, it means that I was an idiot.

-- What is an idiot, Razvan?
(Question left unanswered, for the posterity)
: )

No people were harmed. God willing...
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3383
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she said that she couldn't wash her hands because she needed the reminder?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4327
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she put her hands into something you prepared to decorate/ refurbish the walls? No

As a side note, i was "babysitting" two children, about 2-5 years old, yesterday, for about 2 hours. I hardly woke up this morning.

-- Razvan, did you know that....
-- Razvan,did I tell you that...
-- Razvan, what's the difference between this and that...
-- Razvan, I will come
-- Razvan, I will not come

JESUS! : )

-- Do whatever you want, but try to use only water that is not so hot!
... And now I'm going to sleep///

-- (5 mins later) Razvan, if my brother yells, the cat is alert and the dog barks, this might mean that the water was too hot?

-- No, it means that I was an idiot.

-- What is an idiot, Razvan?
(Question left unanswered, for the posterity)
: )

No people were harmed. God willing... Ah the joy of children
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4328
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she said that she couldn't wash her hands because she needed the reminder? No

Don't forget there was something else on her hands
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3389
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the something else decorative? informative? valuable? of sentimental value?

a pass back into a ride?
a kiss from a special boy?
a handshake with someone special?
henna?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something else: something that an adult would consider undesirable (mud? ... something like that would be OTRT? )

Or maybe a pet? Or a little bird? Anyway, something alive? Or maybe a chestnut for which she invented a story?

Or, perhaps, she invented a story in which she said that she does not have two arms but four, or something like this...?

As a side note, when I wanted to quit school (as a child) , I needed a good argument. God bless them, for about 50 times my mom and grandmother died or were ill -- hopefully very ill : )
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4329
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the something else decorative? informative? valuable? of sentimental value? None of these. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as an object

a pass back into a ride?
a kiss from a special boy?
a handshake with someone special?
henna? Nice but no
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4330
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something else: something that an adult would consider undesirable (mud? ... something like that would be OTRT? ) Undesireable on your hand yes but it does have it's place. Mud is not really on the right track

Or maybe a pet? Or a little bird? Anyway, something alive? Or maybe a chestnut for which she invented a story? Nothing like this and not alive

Or, perhaps, she invented a story in which she said that she does not have two arms but four, or something like this...? No

As a side note, when I wanted to quit school (as a child) , I needed a good argument. God bless them, for about 50 times my mom and grandmother died or were ill -- hopefully very ill : ) Bad taste joke alert :
Teacher :'Why weren't you in school yesterday?'
Little Jimmy 'My Auntie got burned'
Teacher 'Oh that's terrible was she badly burned?'
Litte Jimmy 'Sure was , they don't f**k around in those crematoriums'

After that a hint is called for methinks:

What was on her hand is related to the fact that she had writing there also
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3142
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Red marks/sore spots, from trying to erase what she had written?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2074
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On her hands: something Mom was working with?(Maybe, as my Mom did ,a chemical substance?) Or something that shouldn't have its place there -- a broken egg, a huge amount of wine, etc. , etc...

Or maybe she pretended something was there.. while in fact there was nothing?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4331
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Red marks/sore spots, from trying to erase what she had written? No but you're hovering around the solution
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4332
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On her hands: something Mom was working with?(Maybe, as my Mom did ,a chemical substance?)Not something Mom was working on but it could be described as a chemical substance or at least in my opinion it could be. Maybe I'd say Yope to chemical substance as it depends on your definition. It may be better described as a type of solution Or something that shouldn't have its place there -- a broken egg, a huge amount of wine, etc. , etc... Well we've established that this was out of it's place but according to Aoife's strange logic there was a perfectly straight forward reason for it being there

Or maybe she pretended something was there.. while in fact there was nothing? No there was something there and her Mom and I could both see it
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3144
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

White out?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3397
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is this solution red? black? blue? green? yellow? brown? whote?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she use correction fluid to cover the ink? And called this "washing" her hands?
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*inspiration strikes* Whitewash?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17588
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And if the white-out idea is correct, did she cover her entire hand(s) with white-out? Or just the written-on part?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4333
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

White out? Yes!!! but if it's ok with you i'll refer to it by it's European name, Tippex

is this solution red? black? blue? green? yellow? brown? whote? It's white see above

Did she use correction fluid to cover the ink? some of it And called this "washing" her hands? No

*inspiration strikes* Whitewash? Fraid not

And if the white-out idea is correct, did she cover her entire hand(s) with white-out? Or just the written-on part? As above it's a piece of the written part

Ok we're almost there, here's the story so far

Mom 'Did you wash your hands before dinner'
Aoife 'Emmm yeesss'
Mom 'Let me see them'
Aoife *shows hands*
Mom and Dad 'Aoife how many times have we told you not to write on your....wait a minute is that Tippex?'
Aoife 'Yeah'
Dad 'Why on earth have you got Tippex on your hand?'

Aoife answered this with a classic 'well duh what a stupid question' voice which totally cracked us up. All you have to do is guess what she said. It's pretty obvious actually
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2637
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Because I had to correct an error"?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4334
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Because I had to correct an error"? Well it was a bit more descriptive but you're almost there
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17589
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Because I misspelled what I wrote"?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2640
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Because I misspelled [word]"?
"Because [word] is spelled with [letter] instead of [letter]"?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4335
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Because I misspelled what I wrote"? Pretty much

Because I misspelled [word]"?
"Because [word] is spelled with [letter] instead of [letter]"? We can now put this to bed I think

*************Spoiler**************

In truth I could have spoiled this yesterday. Ok so the conversation went like this

Mom 'Did you wash your hands before dinner'
Aoife 'Emmm yeesss'
Mom 'Let me see them'
Aoife *shows hands*
Mom and Dad 'Aoife how many times have we told you not to write on your....wait a minute is that Tippex?'
Aoife 'Yeah'
Dad 'Why on earth have you got Tippex on your hand?'
Aoife 'Because I was writing a note to myself and I made a mistake.

Again I'd stress that she said that in a 'what a stupid question' kind of voice.

I want to live in a world where tippexing a writing mistake on the back of your hand is considered normal. I hope she never changes.

Thanks to all who played . Hope you enjoyed it.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17594
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds perfectly normal to me =)

Great puzzle Mr. 365
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2076
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems to me that she will be a very gifted lateral puzzler, some day : - ) Nice one, Peter!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 4340
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the comments folks . Aoife is aware that she has a lead role in my latest puzzle and will probably want to read this so let me just say this about my amazingly talented, gorgeous, charming daughter. She would definately make a lateral puzzler as she's pretty lateral all the time.

Until next time

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: