[Balin] Ocular awkwardness (scrund)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2012 » [Balin] Ocular awkwardness (scrund) « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17656
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had an eye-related scrund that was cured during a visit to an eye doctor. What's the scrund?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3199
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the scrund about the appearance of an eye? its function? its shape? diseases of the eye?
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 221
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The eye chart?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You got cured just by visiting the doctor even though without medication?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17658
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the scrund about the appearance of an eye? its function? its shape? diseases of the eye? No to all
The eye chart? No
You got cured just by visiting the doctor even though without medication? No
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3202
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it cured by: something the doctor said? something you saw on a picture on the wall? something you saw on a model in the office? something that you experienced during an eye test?
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2502
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was your scrund that you can damage your eyesight because of reading in the dark (I used to have such a scrund, until an ophtalmologist told me that it's not true)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17661
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it cured by: something the doctor said? something you saw on a picture on the wall? something you saw on a model in the office? something that you experienced during an eye test? No to all

was your scrund that you can damage your eyesight because of reading in the dark (I used to have such a scrund, until an ophtalmologist told me that it's not true) As did I (thanks Mom), but this is not the scrund in question.

Slight BLOOPER: "diseases of the eye?" should be a Noish
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2712
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glasses relevant? Contact lenses?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17672
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glasses relevant? No Contact lenses? Yes
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1701
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

short sightedness relevant? reasons for wearing lenses? coloured lenses? insertion or removal? what they are made of? how they work? dailies vs monthlies?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17673
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

short sightedness relevant? reasons for wearing lenses? coloured lenses? This. Next post should end it insertion or removal? what they are made of? how they work? dailies vs monthlies?
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that coloured lenses can/cannot be seen through? Do/do not work as the magnifying/smallifying thing normal lenses do?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17676
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that coloured lenses can/cannot be seen through? Do/do not work as the magnifying/smallifying thing normal lenses do? No to both
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3210
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it about how colored lenses work? Where the colored part is in relation to parts of the eye?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17678
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2012 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it about how colored lenses work? Yes Where the colored part is in relation to parts of the eye? No, not really
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17696
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: The scrund was cured when I actually got contact lenses.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3468
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you think you'd see everything in a different colour?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17698
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you think you'd see everything in a different colour? No
Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)
Username: Dlcygnet

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it have to do with how much you could change the color of your eyes? Did they make the lenses a different color than what you expected? And that color blended with your own eye color to change it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17701
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it have to do with how much you could change the color of your eyes? Close enough. Did they make the lenses a different color than what you expected? And that color blended with your own eye color to change it?

**********SPOILER**********

I thought that all colored contact lenses changed the color of the eye. However, my contact lenses are slightly tinted so that I can tell the left and right lenses apart, but they do not change my eye color.

Nice work everyone, especially Dlcygnet for her second solve of one of my puzzles today. Now I have to come up with 2 new puzzles.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: