[Doriana] Red light Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2012 » [Doriana] Red light « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2810
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe going by car doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all...

I'm away for the weekend and I don't know if I will be able to go online, so feel free to ask questions although they might not be answered before Monday.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3536
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did going by car not seem like a good idea in the first place?

true story? FYOI? FSEI?

did the people or person plan to go a different way? walking? train? plane? bicycle?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it raining?
Was there a traffic jam?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2012 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant the distance planned for the travel?

The number of persons traveling? If so: 1, 2, 3-5, more?

Car as in an automobile? A larger car, capable of accommodating more people?

Statistics of accidents relevant? Place(s) of travel relevant?

Alternative options would have been: traveling by bus? tram? metro? train? airplane? walking?

Relevant where the person(s) where coming from? Where they are going? (As in going to or from a bar, or different cities)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2815
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2012 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did going by car not seem like a good idea in the first place? correct

true story? this - it happened to me FYOI? FSEI?

did the people or person plan to go a different way? yes walking? possibly train? plane? no to these two bicycle? possibly

Was it raining? irrel
Was there a traffic jam? yes

Relevant the distance planned for the travel? only for the other possible methods of transport, see below

The number of persons traveling? If so: 1, 2, 3-5, more? one person - me

Car as in an automobile? yes A larger car, capable of accommodating more people? no

Statistics of accidents relevant? Place(s) of travel relevant? no to these

Alternative options would have been: traveling by bus? possibly tram? metro? train? airplane? walking? possibly. No to rest

Relevant where the person(s) where coming from? Where they are going? (As in going to or from a bar, or different cities)
not really relevant - me coming from work, going home
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it your car? A borrowed one from a friend? A company car? One rented from a company / city service? Relevant?

Did you have to return it to a specific place? Did someone else ask to use it, so leaving it at the office was no option, despite the traffic jam?

Was there any threat at the office (like a bomb threat, or a fire, so you wanted to get the car out as soon as possible)?

Weather conditions relevant?

Any strike of public servants - relevant?

Do you normally use the car to go to and from the office? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2824
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it your car? yes A borrowed one from a friend? A company car? One rented from a company / city service? Relevant? not really

Did you have to return it to a specific place? Did someone else ask to use it, so leaving it at the office was no option, despite the traffic jam? no to all

Was there any threat at the office (like a bomb threat, or a fire, so you wanted to get the car out as soon as possible)? no

Weather conditions relevant? no

Any strike of public servants - relevant? no

Do you normally use the car to go to and from the office? yes Relevant? yes

There might be some FAs lurking, but I don't know how to clarify them yet. So I'll just wait for the next round of q's (:
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When in a car, were you safer?
traveling faster?
more comfortable?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2827
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When in a car, were you safer? this
traveling faster? maybe
more comfortable? and this, somewhat
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3543
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so you would normally have made the journey by car but on this occasion chose not to?

were you expecting a particular problem? extra traffic? roads closed?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2829
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so you would normally have made the journey by car but on this occasion chose not to? Not quite, so here's the CLARIFICATION
I usually make the journey by car, but on that day I didn't, for reasons that are not relevant to the puzzle. That day, there was a relevant traffic jam. (You should figure out what happened next....)
But then I thought that maybe going by car wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

were you expecting a particular problem? extra traffic? roads closed? so, no to these
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fight broke out among drivers?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2831
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fight broke out among drivers? no
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you finally reach the destination of your journey? Or end up going elswhere? Back to the origin?

Was the traffic jam on the route you inteded to use? Actually used?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2850
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you finally reach the destination of your journey? yes Or end up going elswhere? No, but I took at somewhat relevant detour. This was one of the reasons why I thought that maybe going by car wouldn't have been such a bad idea Back to the origin? no

Was the traffic jam on the route you inteded to use? Actually used? yes to both
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you take the detour because of the traffic jam? Did you use more than one means of transport on your journey? Did you, at any point of your journey, use a different means of transport than you originally intended?

Did you actually walk during your journey? Actually use a bicycle? A car? Some public means of transport?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you take the detour because of the traffic jam? no Did you use more than one means of transport on your journey? yes, see below Did you, at any point of your journey, use a different means of transport than you originally intended? noish

Did you actually walk during your journey? yes Actually use a bicycle? no A car? no Some public means of transport? yes, busses
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the bus driver commit an accident? Was he stopped by the police?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did You find out the bus was too big to go through the traffic, while cars moved faster?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the bus driver commit an accident? no, might be an FA Was he stopped by the police? no, might also be the same FA

Did You find out the bus was too big to go through the traffic, while cars moved faster? no, might also be the same FA
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To summarise (and refresh my memory): You were going to go by car (from work to home), heard about the traffic jam and decided to go by bus, then for a certain reason thought that it should have been better to take the car after all. Correct?

Relevant what day of the week that was happening? (For example, in a Friday evening)? Did you find out the next day, for example, that you need the car? If so: because of a strike? Because you wanted to go to some place in which you can arrive faster in a car than using public transportation? Get yourself or some relative / acquaintance to the hospital or to some other emergency service? Get back the next morning needing to carry a heavy weight object (like a heavy suitcase)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2865
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To summarise (and refresh my memory): You were going to go by car (from work to home), heard about the traffic jam and decided to go by bus, then for a certain reason thought that it should have been better to take the car after all. Correct? not quite. I had to go by bus because of circumstances irrelevant to the puzzle. Then there was the traffic jam, then something happened, then I thought it would have been better to take the car. I hope this clears up potential FAs...

Relevant what day of the week that was happening? no (For example, in a Friday evening)? Did you find out the next day, for example, that you need the car? no, FA: The car was not at work in the first place, see above If so: because of a strike? Because you wanted to go to some place in which you can arrive faster in a car than using public transportation? Get yourself or some relative / acquaintance to the hospital or to some other emergency service? Get back the next morning needing to carry a heavy weight object (like a heavy suitcase)? Therefore no to these.

Oh dear, I hope I'm making sense here...
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha... Let's try something else:

Did you left the car at your home? At someone's else's? Relevant?

Did something happened when being in the traffic jam? Afterwards?

Did you meet the love of your life while being strangled in traffic? : - ) Or maybe a friend / relative that you didn't see for a long time? And you were not particularly eager to see?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2878
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha... Let's try something else:

Did you left the car at your home? yes At someone's else's? no Relevant? no

Did something happened when being in the traffic jam? no... Afterwards? no...

Did you meet the love of your life while being strangled in traffic? : - ) Or maybe a friend / relative that you didn't see for a long time? And you were not particularly eager to see? no to all, but getting OTRT
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the cause of the traffic jam relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2882
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the cause of the traffic jam relevant? Somewhat - it's an almost daily traffic jam due to too many cars on a single lane road.

Nice to see you back, btw!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!

Is that the cause then? Too many cars at one time?
Is your location relevant?
Was the bus delayed?
Were you delayed while walking? If so, was your path blocked somehow?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2885
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that the cause then? Too many cars at one time? yes
Is your location relevant? my location at the time when the relevant thing happened is relevant, yes. We've established that it was neither in the traffic jam nor afterwards, and as a HINT/clarification I'll tell you that when it happened, I wasn't on the bus when it happened.
Was the bus delayed? yes
Were you delayed while walking? If so, was your path blocked somehow? no to both
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you get hurt? I hope not!
Were you inconvenienced by the relevant thing?
Did you lose something?
Are there any other relevant people?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2887
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you get hurt? I hope not! no
Were you inconvenienced by the relevant thing? yesish
Did you lose something? no
Are there any other relevant people? YES! one H/A/M
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2184
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you waiting for the bus at the relevant time? Was the man your boss? A relative? A fellow student? A friend? Someone you owe money to?

Did you have a conversation with him?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2888
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you waiting for the bus at the relevant time? yes Was the man your boss? A relative? A fellow student? A friend? Someone you owe money to? no to all!

Did you have a conversation with him? yes
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2185
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a perfect stranger? A beggar? Someone that you saw before but you didn't directly interact with him? Someone selling food or the like there (like one selling hotdogs?)

Did you approach him? The other way around? Did he try to sell you something? To offer guidance?

Were you annoyed? Scared?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2889
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he a perfect stranger? yes A beggar? yope Someone that you saw before but you didn't directly interact with him? no Someone selling food or the like there (like one selling hotdogs?) no

Did you approach him? no The other way around? yes Did he try to sell you something? To offer guidance? no to both

Were you annoyed? Scared? both
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2187
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you scared by: The way he was dressed? The fact the he seemed drunk? On drugs? His offensive language? His general appearance (like a very powerful man, etc).?

Did he ask you something in German? In another language? Did he ask you anything at all, or just made a remark? If the latter, was it about you or about somebody else?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1786
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he want you to give him something? Was he hitting on you? Was he waiting for the same bus as you? If so, did he continue to annoy/frighten you on the bus itself?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2892
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you scared by: The way he was dressed? among other things, yes The fact the he seemed drunk? among other things, yes On drugs? no His offensive language? yope His general appearance (like a very powerful man, etc).? no

Did he ask you something in German? very slurred, drunk German, but yes In another language? no Did he ask you anything at all, or just made a remark? both If the latter, was it about you or about somebody else? about himself

Did he want you to give him something? no Was he hitting on you? no Was he waiting for the same bus as you? I don't think he was waiting for a bus at all If so, did he continue to annoy/frighten you on the bus itself? n/a
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there more to find out about why you were scared/annoyed? Or was it just because a drunk man was hanging round you? Should we find out exactly what he said?

Is the reason you thought you should have taken the car because then you wouldn't have met the man?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2895
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there more to find out about why you were scared/annoyed? yes Or was it just because a drunk man was hanging round you? no Should we find out exactly what he said? yes, and more importantly, what he did

Is the reason you thought you should have taken the car because then you wouldn't have met the man? yes
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1788
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he touch you at all? Did you worry he was going to hurt you? Was there anyone else relevant at the bus stop?

Were his clothes dishevelled? Stained? Did he expose himself? Did he ask you to do something?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2896
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he touch you at all? Did you worry he was going to hurt you? Was there anyone else relevant at the bus stop?

Were his clothes dishevelled? Stained? Did he expose himself? yes Did he ask you to do something?
no or irrel to rest, and I think we have enough for me to declare the

********SPOILER********
The other day, I was walking to the bus stop, along a road where there usually is a traffic jam at peak hours. I was thinking that maybe I should take the bike or bus more often in order to avoid it... But...
When I arrived at the bus stop, there was this somewhat dirty, shaggy man who aksed me for a cigarette. So far, so good. But then, he told me he had to pee and asked me if it was ok for him to pee behind the bus stop. I told him I didn't care, and so he peed. When he came back, he told me the same thing all over again and went to pee for a second time o.O
But when he came back, he hadn't pulled up his pants and I could clearly see his man parts.
Needless to say, I got on the first bus that came along although it wasn't the right one.
Maybe going by car isn't such a bad idea after all.

Thanks for playing, and nice work, Rbruma and Enjay! Please don't forget my other puzzles. (:
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17907
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some people...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: