[Doriana] Remember, remember the 15th... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2013 » [Doriana] Remember, remember the 15th of December « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2866
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why can I hardly wait for December 15?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1771
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is something relevant going to happen on that date? If so, does it happen every year on that date?

Are you going to receive something? Do something that you like? See somebody? Finish something you don't like? Have a holiday? Time off work?

Relevant that December 15 is near Christmas? Relevant that it is in winter? Is it the anniversary of something? A birthday?
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it probable that there are other people who can hardly wait for December 15, for the same or a similar reason as you? People you don't personally know?

Any elections relevant? Sports?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17891
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does a vacation start or end on that day?
Relevant that December 15 is a Saturday?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2870
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is something relevant going to happen on that date? yes If so, does it happen every year on that date? no, good question

Are you going to receive something? Do something that you like? See somebody? Finish something you don't like? Have a holiday? Time off work? no or irrel to all

Relevant that December 15 is near Christmas? Relevant that it is in winter? Is it the anniversary of something? A birthday? no to all

Is it probable that there are other people who can hardly wait for December 15, for the same or a similar reason as you? there might be one other person People you don't personally know? no

Any elections relevant? Sports? no to both

Does a vacation start or end on that day?
Relevant that December 15 is a Saturday? no to all

And, somewhat of a BLOOPER - Maybe "I can hardly wait" is a bit too strong/exaggerated. "I'm looking forward to" would be more accurate.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a new product or entertainment item (film, book, song etc) released that day? Will you go somewhere relevant on Dec 15th?

Will the benefit that Dec 15th brings to you continue past that day? Or only apply then?

Will you get any kind of financial benefit on dec 15th? will you experience a benefit directly? Will someone close to you experience a benefit?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2871
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a new product or entertainment item (film, book, song etc) released that day? good idea, but no Will you go somewhere relevant on Dec 15th? no!

Will the benefit that Dec 15th brings to you continue past that day? this Or only apply then?

Will you get any kind of financial benefit on dec 15th? no will you experience a benefit directly? yes, although I'm not sure "benefit" is the best word here Will someone close to you experience a benefit? again, there might be one other person, but I'm not sure
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will something change about your status on Dec 15th? Will you be able to do something that you could not previously do? Will you stay at home that day? Is something going to be delivered to you? Will it mark a certain amount of time having passed since something? A certain amount of time until an event in the future?

Will the reason for your excitement happen instantly at midnight on the 14th/15th? At a specified time on the 15th? Generally throughout the 15th and beyond?

Is a physical object involved in why you are excited? Another person (other than the person who might also be looking forward to it)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2873
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will something change about your status on Dec 15th? no Will you be able to do something that you could not previously do? no Will you stay at home that day? probably Is something going to be delivered to you? no Will it mark a certain amount of time having passed since something? no A certain amount of time until an event in the future? no

Will the reason for your excitement happen instantly at midnight on the 14th/15th? no At a specified time on the 15th? it'll start at a specified time on the 15th Generally throughout the 15th and beyond? and then it'll continue

Is a physical object involved in why you are excited? yes! Another person (other than the person who might also be looking forward to it)? assume no for the time being
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you currently own the object? Will you own it on Dec 15th? Will something change about the object on Dec 15th?

Is the object electronic? Made of metal? Wood? Plastic? Is it smaller enough to be carried by hand?

Will you learn something on that day that you are looking forward to knowing?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2874
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you currently own the object? Will you own it on Dec 15th? yes to both Will something change about the object on Dec 15th? yope, investigate

Is the object electronic? yes, it's my computer Made of metal? Wood? Plastic? Is it smaller enough to be carried by hand?

Will you learn something on that day that you are looking forward to knowing? no
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 809
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On Dec. 15th, something will change about your current computer? Will you be adding something to it? Or removing something from it? Or are you getting a new computer?

If you wanted, could you change the date to the 14th or the 16th? Something relevant about the 15th?

Is it relevant what type or brand of computer you use?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2906
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On Dec. 15th, something will change about your current computer? noish Will you be adding something to it? Or removing something from it? Or are you getting a new computer? no to all

If you wanted, could you change the date to the 14th or the 16th? no, good question Something relevant about the 15th? no

Is it relevant what type or brand of computer you use? no, good question. The situation would still be the same if I used a different computer or even if I decided to buy a new computer before the 15th.
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a license expiring / being renewed on that specific date? At least on the OTRT?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the internet relevant? A particular online account you have? Email? A particular programme?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2918
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a license expiring / being renewed on that specific date? no At least on the OTRT? slightly, see Enjay's questions

Is the internet relevant? yes A particular online account you have? yes Email? no A particular programme? yes
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1803
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facebook relevant? Other social media? This forum? Another forum or discussion group? Online shopping sites? Gaming?

Do you currently have the relevant account? Will you still have it after Dec 15th? Will something change about it? Will it be upgraded? Will you have new privileges?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2920
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facebook relevant? Other social media? This forum? Another forum or discussion group? Online shopping sites? Gaming? no to all

Do you currently have the relevant account? yes Will you still have it after Dec 15th? yes Will something change about it? Will it be upgraded? Will you have new privileges? no to all
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4384
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While this forum is not relevant I can't help noticing that Dec 15th is your 'LTPF Birthday' , is there any other relevant anniversary?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While this forum is not relevant I can't help noticing that Dec 15th is your 'LTPF Birthday' , is there any other relevant anniversary? Huh! I didn't know that! One more reason to look forward to it.
Apart from that, no relevant anniversary...
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5784
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy early forum birthday Doriana kitteh.

December 15 is a day I usually do *not* look forward to, as it is the anniversary of my grandmother's death and so is usually a very sad day for me. But I shall be happy for whatever Doriana kitteh is looking forward to...and...hmm...

Is something *I* am looking forward to on December *14* at all relevant?

as a hint to the previous question, Is Tolkien relevant at all?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2929
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy early forum birthday Doriana kitteh. Thanks!

December 15 is a day I usually do *not* look forward to, as it is the anniversary of my grandmother's death and so is usually a very sad day for me. Sorry to hear that, Kaylee Kitteh! But I shall be happy for whatever Doriana kitteh is looking forward to...and...hmm...

Is something *I* am looking forward to on December *14* at all relevant? no

as a hint to the previous question, Is Tolkien relevant at all? no
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5788
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh well then, for anyone who did not understand my irrelevant question - December 14 is the release date for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in the US. I was wondering if it was coming out on the 15th in Doriana Kitteh's current location. xD
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah. Our youth group is watching all the LotR movies in order, and then going out to see The Hobbit. So Kaylee, you will be glad to hear that I am at last watching LotR. And can now comprehend more of your puzzle. The movies were excellent, though I started losing track of characters about halfway through.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2203
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a game (played on the Internet) relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a game (played on the Internet) relevant? no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This account:
Does it have a social aspect? Do you talk to other people via it?

Does it have to do with a particular interest of yours?

Is it an account for a website which allows you to do more on that website, eg post comments?

Is the account used primarily for entertainment? Work? Getting information? Is it connected to your job? Your studies?

Will something change about the website for which you have the account on Dec 15th? Is it actually connected to a website at all? Does it allow you to use a particular piece of software?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2937
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This account:
Does it have a social aspect? Do you talk to other people via it?

Does it have to do with a particular interest of yours?

Is it an account for a website which allows you to do more on that website, eg post comments?

Is the account used primarily for entertainment? Work? Getting information? Is it connected to your job? Your studies?

To make this short: It's a skype account.

Will something change about the website for which you have the account on Dec 15th? Is it actually connected to a website at all? Does it allow you to use a particular piece of software? no to all
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2207
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you expect to talk with someone relevant on the 15th of December?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2939
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you expect to talk with someone relevant on the 15th of December? no
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the other relevant person also have a Skype account? Will he/she get one on December 15? Will he/she get a computer on that day?
Is this person a relative of you?
Relevant that December 15 is a Saturday?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2941
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the other relevant person also have a Skype account? yes, which is somewhat relevant Will he/she get one on December 15? Will he/she get a computer on that day? no to both
Is this person a relative of you? it's my boyfriend, but that's irrel
Relevant that December 15 is a Saturday? no
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3558
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is broadband going to be installed on that day?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2943
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is broadband going to be installed on that day? no
Sundowner (Sundowner)

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will a new function become available in Skype on December 15?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2946
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will a new function become available in Skype on December 15? no
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the puzzle statement also work with a ymsgr account?

15th of december: is something going to happen to the skype account? Or something in your or your boyfriend status, like a change of name, which would require an update of status?

(This take it cum grano salis, I don't remember exactly) : Is a new service being introduced which will make it easier to make calls between two different countries?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1833
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On Dec 15th, will you use skype at all? Will your boyfriend? Will your use of skype in the future after that date be somehow better? Easier? Cheaper? Better quality?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2949
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the puzzle statement also work with a ymsgr account? I've never used it, so I can't say for sure, but I think so. It depends on a certain little characteristic of the programme

15th of december: is something going to happen to the skype account? yope Or something in your or your boyfriend status, like a change of name, which would require an update of status? no

(This take it cum grano salis, I don't remember exactly) : Is a new service being introduced which will make it easier to make calls between two different countries? no

On Dec 15th, will you use skype at all? probably, but that's actually irrel Will your boyfriend? probably as well Will your use of skype in the future after that date be somehow better? this Easier? Cheaper? Better quality?

We're talking about a tiny detail here that most people probably wouldn't even care about. And, as a HINT, nothing will be introduced or added, but...
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will something be removed? A feature that you dislike?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2951
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will something be removed? yope A feature that you dislike? Not a feature but something I dislike
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the emoticons relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2954
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the emoticons relevant? no
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2971
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since it's been a week since the last post, here's a HINT - If you happen to have skype, take a look at a written conversation and pay attention to details. This might also work for other messengers.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2225
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recent messages relevant? Archive?

Is it something written? Or maybe something drawn?

Did you remember something said on 15th of December, but last year?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2976
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recent messages relevant? this Archive?

Is it something written? this Or maybe something drawn?

Did you remember something said on 15th of December, but last year? no
Sundowner (Sundowner)

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will Skype change some function on December 15?
Or is it, rather, that something becomes obsolete or will be no longer relevant when the current date reaches December 15?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3051
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will Skype change some function on December 15? no
Or is it, rather, that something becomes obsolete or will be no longer relevant when the current date reaches December 15? yesish
Sundowner (Sundowner)

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that messages are shown in the main screen for no longer than one year back in the past?
Was there an annoying communication with date December 14, 2011? and you're looking forward to the day when this communication is not shown any more?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3054
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that messages are shown in the main screen for no longer than one year back in the past? no
Was there an annoying communication with date December 14, 2011? and you're looking forward to the day when this communication is not shown any more? good idea, but no. OTRT though
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1902
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will everyone who uses Skype experience this change?

Is a particular skype conversation you have had in the past relevant? A written one? Video?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3055
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will everyone who uses Skype experience this change? no! good q!

Is a particular skype conversation you have had in the past relevant? yes, with my boyfriend (although it could have been anyone) A written one? this Video?
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 739
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was/is the change as good as you expected? :)

Relevant when you had the past conversation? Did a change occur then?

I've recently observed a change on Skype that amused me and gave me an insight into how a particular feature has been programmed. I've a suspicion it's relevant here but I'm not sure how yet. I'm holding off asking as if I'm wrong it'd make for a good puzzle itself... :P
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3060
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was/is the change as good as you expected? : ) I actually wasn't on skype yesterday, so I haven't had the occasion to check yet

Relevant when you had the past conversation? noish Did a change occur then? yope
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3144
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP

On December 15, a very small but relevant change occured in my skype account. My boyfriend and I were the only people experiencing this specific change, and a particular skype conversation that we had in the past is relevant.

HINT: Find out what happened during the relevant conversation.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you two the only people involved in it? Relevant why you weren't together at that point? Did one if you reveal some relevant information? Was a question asked? Did you plan something together? Did you argue?

Did something relevant happen during the conversation other than something said by you two? Was it a video call? Audio? Just messaging?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3166
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you two the only people involved in it? yes Relevant why you weren't together at that point? no Did one if you reveal some relevant information? no Was a question asked? none that would be relevant Did you plan something together? yes, this might be relevantish Did you argue? no

Did something relevant happen during the conversation other than something said by you two? yes, I did something Was it a video call? this Audio? Just messaging?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3167
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Argh... BLOOPER! It was a video call, but we wrote instead of talked. This is relevant.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2269
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that you wrote instead of talking... Was something malfunctioning that disabled the facility to talk? Did you set something in the configuration of your client that prevented you from hearing / talking? Is it some default setting relevant? Any settings of the client relevant at all?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3170
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that you wrote instead of talking... Was something malfunctioning that disabled the facility to talk? yes, but irrel Did you set something in the configuration of your client that prevented you from hearing / talking? Is it some default setting relevant? Any settings of the client relevant at all? no to rest
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3187
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's another HINT: No skype settings are relevant, but other settings are.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4935
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Volume settings? Video settings? Bandwidth settings? Audio compression relevant? Sound quality? Keyboard settings?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3191
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Volume settings? Video settings? Bandwidth settings? Audio compression relevant? Sound quality? Keyboard settings? no to all
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So to check: you were having a video call, ie could see each other, but could not hear each other, so were communicating via skype's instant text messaging. Correct?

Did you do a relevant action? Did you do something that your boyfriend did not understand? That you had to explain via text? Did you forget he couldn't hear you?

Were you planning a meeting? A trip? An event? To do something together? For one of you to do something without the other?

Other relevant settings - on your computer? Your boyfriend's computer? To do with sound? Video? Privacy? Appearance? Programs? Internet? Back-ups? Security? Anti-virus? Firewall?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3218
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So to check: you were having a video call, ie could see each other, but could not hear each other, so were communicating via skype's instant text messaging. Correct? correct

Did you do a relevant action? yes Did you do something that your boyfriend did not understand? That you had to explain via text? Did you forget he couldn't hear you? no to all

Were you planning a meeting? A trip? An event? To do something together? For one of you to do something without the other? We were planning a trip. It's relevant that we were planning something, but the exact thing is irrel

Other relevant settings - on your computer? this Your boyfriend's computer? To do with sound? Video? Privacy? Appearance? Programs? Internet? Back-ups? Security? Anti-virus? Firewall? none of these... Not sure how to give a hint, let's say I didn't deliberately change the settings. I did something on my computer that had to do with us planning a trip...
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you trying to keep anything secret from him?

Did the thing you did on your computer have to do with saved files? The calendar? The internet? Email? Skype?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3227
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you trying to keep anything secret from him? no

Did the thing you did on your computer have to do with saved files? The calendar? this! I looked up what day of the week December 15 is, but then... The internet? Email? Skype?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2020
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you accidentally change the date on your computer to 15th December? Did you set it to the wrong year?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3228
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you accidentally change the date on your computer to 15th December? yes! Now how did that affect my skype conversation? Did you set it to the wrong year?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does skype think that the conversation is longer ago than it was so it is no longer visible?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3229
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does skype think that the conversation is longer ago than it was so it is no longer visible? no, quite the opposite
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It thinks it is more recent than it is? So you can still see it but you shouldn't be able to?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3230
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It thinks it is more recent than it is? yes So you can still see it but you shouldn't be able to? I could. What happened onDec 15?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does skype now think it is a year ago that the conversation happened? Or does it think it happened this dec 15th?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3231
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does skype now think it is a year ago that the conversation happened? Or does it think it happened this dec 15th? this. I think I'll put the pieces together now - great work, Enjay!! Here comes the

********SPOILER********
The other day, I was skyping with my boyfriend, but because of connection issues, we had to write instead of talk. During our conversation, I looked up what day of the week Dec 15 is, but I accidentally changed the date on my pc to that day.

The next message I sent him was timestamped "Dec 15" and therefore appeared at the very bottom of our conversation for the next months. I'm easily annoyed by such details, because I could hardly wait for Dec 15, when this message would just disappear into the "regular" conversation.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That would definitely have annoyed me too! I was getting confused thinking that your computer was still saying it was December 15th, and wondering why you couldn't just change it back, I understand now!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3234
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah yes, I knew there was some tiny detail missing, so it must have been that. Nice third solve today though! I have a new puzzle up already.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3235
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I just noticed an error in the spoiler. The last sentence should of course read

I'm easily annoyed by such details, which is why I could hardly wait for Dec 15, when this message would just disappear into the "regular" conversation.

Note to self: Proofread.

Luckily the message wasn't anything embarrassing or important - just "ok (:"

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: