[Solo1] From my autobiography Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2013 » [Solo1] From my autobiography « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 387
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, that explains a lot about me today!
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 388
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Darn, forgot my name again. Unfortunately, I can't blame that on "that."
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5800
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

silly soli kitteh...xD =P *guesses lack of cheeseburger*
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3131
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

me = you, Solo?
today = the day you posted the puzzle?
that = something that happened to you? some external circumstances (the weather etc.)? something you read? something someone said to you?
Horoscopes relevant?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3660
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

some kind of dementia relevant?

have you made a mistake? several? have you forgotten something?

behaved out of the ordinary? jut today?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 391
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

silly soli kitteh...xD =P *guesses lack of cheeseburger* I've missed your cheeseburgers, Kaylee, but not relevant here.
me = you, Solo? Yes
today = the day you posted the puzzle? Not limited to that - current time generally.
that = something that happened to you? Yes; follow this up.some external circumstances Yes(the weather etc.)? Weather was involved, but not the only thing.something you read? something someone said to you? No to these.
Horoscopes relevant? No
some kind of dementia relevant? WHAT? You think I'm demented? Just because I'm absent-minded sometimes? :-o)N.R.

have you made a mistake?frequently, but not related to the puzzle. several? have you forgotten something? as above

behaved out of the ordinary? Not for me. jut today? As above. Just current time, not any particular day.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3134
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the something happened to you once? more than once? regularly?
Is it something negative? positive?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 392
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has the something happened to you once? more than once? regularly? Complicated to answer. It was an on-going process while it lasted, but didn't last forever. It is not happening at the present time.
Is it something negative? positive? Positive.
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 393
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I said "It is not happening at the present time," but of course it is affecting me, as expressed in the puzzle statement. Have I confused you enough?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is work relevant? relationships? family? health issues? money? did you win something?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 394
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is work relevant? no relationships? family?yessish to both health issues? yes! money? did you win something? No to these two.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3141
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you pregnant?! Is someone else?

Were you waiting for a test result?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 395
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 4:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you pregnant?! Is someone else? No to both

Were you waiting for a test result? No.
All OTWT, and there seems to be a FA too.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3671
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are you ill? are you on medication? something which affects your abilities?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are you ill? not 'today' are you on medication? \b{no}something which affects your abilities?Not 'today.'
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3153
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you ill? seriously? Were you cured?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 399
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you ill?Yessish. Let's just say, not thriving. seriously? Were you cured? Yes
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3164
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the exact illness/condition relevant? The cause? The cure?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 400
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the exact illness/condition relevant?N.r. Perhaps more a condition than an illness; more like an allergy. The cause? No The cure? Yes! The cure made me what I am today. ;->
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3168
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "what you are today" something negative? positive?

Did the cure have any effect on you, other than healing your condition? If so, was your mood affected? your body? Did you lose weight?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 403
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "what you are today" something negative? positive? DOYD. I think it's positive; others might not.

Did the cure have any effect on you, other than healing your condition? Mainly, that was it.If so, was your mood affected?Some might say it affected my mood or disposition. your body? Did you lose weight? No, no - I gained weight.

I suspect that there is a false or inaccurate assumption being made. Suggestion: consider the time-frame.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3698
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did it make you drowsy?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 406
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did it make you drowsy? n.r.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 4944
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cure: medicine? Diet? Excercise? Mental exercise? Was the cure meant to cause weight gain? Or was that a side effect?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 408
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cure: medicine? Diet?This; others all n.a. Excercise? Mental exercise? Was the cure meant to cause weight gain?That was its major aim. Or was that a side effect?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3204
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant when you started the diet? How long you were on it? When you finished it? Or are you still on it?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 410
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 5:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant when you started the diet?Slilght FA,which I have contributed to; don't think you would call it a diet as we usually think of a diet. Bearing that in mind, Yes How long you were on it?Yes When you finished it? Yes Or are you still on it? No!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you finish it less than a week ago? less than a months? less than half a year ago? less than a year ago? longer ago than that?

Were you on it for less than one months? less than three? less than six? less than a year? more than that?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2291
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Long shot in the dark: Did you have to quit smoking? Give up alcohol?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you finish it less than a week ago? less than a months? less than half a year ago? less than a year ago? longer ago than that? Quite a bit longer ago than that.

Were you on it for less than one months? less than three? less than six? less than a year? more than that? About a year or a little bit more.
Long shot in the dark: Did you have to quit smoking? Give up alcohol? NO. At the time, I neither smoked nor drank alcohol, so couldn't give them up. Still don't smoke.
FA still alive and well.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3239
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you a child back then?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3240
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the diet affect your current preferences for food? Did it make you like/hate certain types of food/dishes/ingredients?

Did it make you picky about food? Or the opposite,were you happy to be off the diet and to be able to eat everything you want? And now you eat everything?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 415
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you a child back then? YES - the breakthrough we have been waiting for!

Did the diet affect your current preferences for food? Did it make you like/hate certain types of food/dishes/ingredients? yope or n.a. to all
Did it make you picky about food?no Or the opposite,were you happy to be off the diet and to be able to eat everything you want? And now you eat everything? yope or n.r.

I was sort of half-joking when I said this 'explains a lot about me today.' Explore _what_ it explains.
And maybe the type of food, too.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3241
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the diet involve avoiding something? Eating more of something? Less of something? Specific combinations if ingredients?

meat relevant? Fish? Fruit? Vegetables? Grain products? Dairy products? Sweets?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3242
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it explain something about your eating habits? If so, what you eat? Where? When? With whom? How much?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 416
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the diet involve avoiding something?Yes, and hence: Eating more of something? Less of something? Specific combinations if ingredients? No to the last one

meat relevant? Fish? Fruit? Vegetables? Grain products? Dairy products? this, no to the rest Sweets?

Does it explain something about your eating habits? If so, what you eat? Where? When? With whom? How much? No, nothing to do with how I eat now.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3253
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lactose intolerance relevant? Or did you have to eat/drink more butter/milk in order to gain weight?

Does it explain a character trait of yours? a behaviour? an attitude towards something? something related to your body?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 421
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lactose intolerance relevant? To a certain type of milk, yes.Or did you have to eat/drink more butter/milk in order to gain weight? I did gain weight, but that was only because I hadn't been thriving previously.

Does it explain a character trait of yours? yes a behaviour? an attitude towards something? could be either or both of these something related to your body? No.

Unless someone (Doriana?) wants to carry this a step further, I will $poyle very soon.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3258
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the character trait directly related to dairy products?

Do you tell people that they should be happy not to have any allergies or dietary restrictions?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 423
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the character trait directly related to dairy products? No, only indirectly and in a joking kind of way

Do you tell people that they should be happy not to have any allergies or dietary restrictions? No
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3269
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the word "dairy" relevant? "milk"? another specific word?

Hmm, I can't think of anything else. Either I need someone to help me, or a hint, or you can go ahead and $poyl (:
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 427
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the word "dairy" relevant? "milk"? another specific word?

Hmm, I can't think of anything else. Either I need someone to help me, or a hint, or you can go ahead and $poyl (: Okay
************SPOILER****************
When I was a newborn, my mother couldn't nurse me, and I was allergic to cow milk & formula. So my family got a nanny goat and, this being in the middle of a Nebraska blizzard, put her in the basement.
The story goes that when I cried, the nanny thought I was her kid, and climbed the steps to try to get to me. "My b-a-a-a-by!"
I thrived so well that, when my folks moved to a farm in a warmer part of the country, they went into dairy goat raising in a commercial way. So I was raised on goat milk, which made me what I am today - stubborn and onery!

Addendum: I told this to an acquaintance, and it turns out that she had the same experience, minus the blizzard - and her family was in the goat-ranch business. She said that when she heard the Parable of the sheep & goats (Matt. 25) in church, she was puzzled as to why Christ would prefer dirty, stupid sheep over intelligent, lovable goats!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: