[Gourami] Sound of Silence ((Camoufla... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2013 » [Gourami] Sound of Silence ((Camouflaged Rulebreaker)) « Previous Next »

Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 553
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In case you don't remember these: this is not a normal puzzle. Although it has a puzzle statement, it's a rulebreaker. Ask questions as you would in a normal puzzle, but the answers will come according to a rule that you must discover. I will answer in italics if the answer doesn't follow the rule. No CAs.

The music stopped. Cecelia died.
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Surely this is not a classic puzzle.
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 558
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deholmes (Deholmes)

Surely this is not a classic puzzle. Not as classic as some.

I answered according to the rule--but to really answer, no it is not. =)
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3337
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Cecelia HAF?
Vene (Vene)
Username: Vene

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it work if we call her Cecilia instead?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 562
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Noel (Noel)

Is Cecelia HAF? She is.

Vene (Vene)

Would it work if we call her Cecilia instead? Sure.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3162
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it murder? suicide? an accident?

Is it relevant where the music came from? If so, radio? CD? MP3 player? computer? live?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 565
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Was it murder? suicide? an accident? I'm going to say no to all.

Is it relevant where the music came from? Yes. If so, radio? CD? This... MP3 player? ...or this is most likely. computer? live?
Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)
Username: Dlcygnet

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natural circumstances?

Was Cecelia the singer?

Was it the song that died?

Is this a rulebreaker?

Is THIS a rulebreaker?

Will there ever be a Can't Answer?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please check your e-mail
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please check your e-mail
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 120
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cecelia died at the same time the music stopped?

If there was a delay, was it within 1 second? 10 seconds? 1 min? 10 min? 30 min? 1 hour? longer?

Was the stop of music the cause of her death?
or they were just done by the same cause?

Was she ill? disabled?

something wrong with the CD? or with the player?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3169
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Cecilia hear the music when she died? Before she died? At all?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 2054
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Cecelia rice from the dead? Not a typo

Were they playing musical chairs?

Were they playing a game of musical llamas, where you sit on llamas when the music stopped? And Cecelia was a llama and her back broke when some really fat guy sat on her?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 568
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dlcygnet (Dlcygnet)

Natural circumstances? Hard to say. It was a normal, everyday thing...

Was Cecelia the singer? No one was singing.

Was it the song that died? In a way. Explore.

Is this a rulebreaker? Nope, regular puzzle.

Is THIS a rulebreaker? Nope, REGULAR puzzle. =)

Will there ever be a Can't Answer? I highly doubt it.

Deholmes (Deholmes)

Please check your e-mail I'm so sorry, I haven't used that email in so long that I had to reactivate it. Could you send again?

Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Cecelia died at the same time the music stopped? No, there was a delay.

If there was a delay, was it within 1 second? 10 seconds? 1 min? 10 min? 30 min? 1 hour? longer? No delay, it happened instantly.

Was the stop of music the cause of her death? Indirectly.
or they were just done by the same cause? Yes.

Was she ill? disabled? No to both.

something wrong with the CD? {No CD. or with the player? No, it functioned properly.

Doriana (Doriana)

Did Cecilia hear the music when she died? Not at that moment. Before she died? Yes. At all?

Did Cecelia rice from the dead? Not a typo No rice involved. ;). And no, she didn't resurrect.

Were they playing musical chairs? No.

Were they playing a game of musical llamas, where you sit on llamas when the music stopped? No, but there might have been some large animals about.
And Cecelia was a llama and her back broke when some really fat guy sat on her? Nope, HAF.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3352
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something wrong with the CD?
Will there ever be a Can't Answer?
Surely this is not a classic puzzle.
Is Cecelia HAF?
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will there ever be a cant answer?
Will their ever be a can't answer?
Will there ever be a Kant answer?
Are any of the extra details in the answers relevant, or just the answer (for instance, is "no, it functioned properly" in the question above important, or could it have just as easily been "no"?)
Are any of the extra details in the answers relevant, or just the answer (for instance, is "no, it functioned properly" in the question above important, or could it have just as easily been "no"?)

All questions should be answered by the rule unless they are in italics.

Did Cecelia rise from the dead?
Did Cecelia rize from the dead?
Did Cecelia ryse from the dead?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3223
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Circus relevant?
Is a circus relevant?

Is Cecelia a tightrope artist?
Is she a tightrope artist?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 571
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Noel (Noel)

Was something wrong with the CD? There is no CD.
Will there ever be a Can't Answer? No.
Surely this is not a classic puzzle. It might be considered that.
Is Cecelia HAF? Yes.

Will there ever be a cant answer? No, shouldn't be.
Will their ever be a can't answer? No.
Will there ever be a Kant answer? Still no.
Are any of the extra details in the answers relevant, or just the answer (for instance, is "no, it functioned properly" in the question above important, or could it have just as easily been "no"?) The extra details could help, but I suppose the yes or no is the most important.
Are any of the extra details in the answers relevant, or just the answer (for instance, is "no, it functioned properly" in the question above important, or could it have just as easily been "no"?) They might help.

All questions should be answered by the rule unless they are in italics. Gotcha.

Did Cecelia rise from the dead? No, she just died.
Did Cecelia rize from the dead? No.
Did Cecelia ryse from the dead? No.

Doriana (Doriana)

Circus relevant? No.
Is a circus relevant? No.

Is Cecelia a tightrope artist? No, but she is an athlete.
Is she a tightrope artist? No, but you could call her an entertainer.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3365
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Cecelia an athlete of a team sport? An individual sport? Something athletic but not considered a sport (i.e. ballet)?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 578
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a bad puzzle, and I'm going to spoil it. I think I made a bad choice of puzzle statement, or maybe it was just a bad idea. Next time I decide to do a rulebreaker, just shoot me.

*******************SPOILER
There are 5 classic solutions to the puzzle
"The music stopped. She died." listed in the Classics section of the forum.

Other than the article "the", there are four words in the puzzle statement.

If your question contained the word "music", I answered according to the first solution,
If it contained "stopped," I answered according to the second solution,
"she" or "Cecelia" got you the third,
"die or died" got the fourth,
and if you used no words from the puzzle statement, you got the fifth solution on the list.

Complications ensued. XD

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: