[deholmes, Dave] Surprise Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2013 » [deholmes, Dave] Surprise « Previous Next »

Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 206
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She wanted to surprise her mother, but best laid plans of mice and women...
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = her (referring to the same person)? She = H/A/F? Mice - the rodents?

Did it involve living mice?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3748
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she want to surprise her mother by giving her something? doing something for her? showing her something?

taking something from her? not doing something?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 209
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 7:51 am:
She = her (referring to the same person)? No She = H/A/F? Yes Mice - the rodents? A little fun with Robert Burns

Did it involve living mice? See above
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3748
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 1:09 pm:
did she want to surprise her mother by giving her something? Yesish doing something for her? Yesish showing her something? Yesish

taking something from her? No not doing something? No
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 219
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = her (referring to the same person)? Yes, Sorry, Rbruma, I misunderstood your question
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she wish to pleasantly surprise her? shock her?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 221
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she wish to pleasantly surprise her? This one shock her?
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5144
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she fail to surprise her? Fail to make the surprise pleasant? Did something embarrassing happen? Something bad? Fatal? was something supposed to happen, that didn't happen?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 230
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5144
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 pm:

Did she fail to surprise her? Yes Fail to make the surprise pleasant? Did something embarrassing happen? Yes Something bad? No Fatal? No was something supposed to happen, that didn't happen?Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5146
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she want to surprise her: in a specific place? At a specific time? Was she embarrassed? Was her mother embarrassed? Was someone else? Did she surprise someone else? Did she make a mistake?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk)

Post Number: 5146
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 1:36 pm:

Did she want to surprise her: in a specific place? Yes At a specific time? Yesish Was she embarrassed? Yesish Was her mother embarrassed? Yesish Was someone else? No Did she surprise someone else? No Did she make a mistake? Yesish
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5184
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Specific place: her won home? Her mother's home? Someone else's home? In public? Did they live in the same home? Did she intend to arrive at the place: before her mother? After? At the same time? In her company? Did she make a mistake regarding her own arrival? Or her mother's? Time of day relevant?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk)

Post Number: 5184
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:56 am:

Specific place: her won home? No Her mother's home? Yes Someone else's home? No In public? No Did they live in the same home? No Did she intend to arrive at the place: before her mother? No After? No At the same time? Yesish In her company? No Did she make a mistake regarding her own arrival? Yes Or her mother's? Yes Time of day relevant? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5201
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she want to arrive: just before her mother? Just after? Did she want to sneak in? Did her mother notice her too early? Too late? Not at all? Did her mother mistake her for someone else? for a criminal?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

alfisk)

Post Number: 5201
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 3:44 pm:

Did she want to arrive: just before her mother? Just after? Did she want to sneak in? This Did her mother notice her too early? Too late? Not at all? Yes Did her mother mistake her for someone else? for a criminal? no no
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP:
She wanted to surprise her mother at her mother's home but on arrival found being too secretive in some things backfires
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her mother away from home, and not expected back for, perhaps, days, or longer?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her mother away from home, Yes and not expected back for, perhaps, days, or longer? OTRT
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 281
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her mother away from home, Yes and not expected back for, perhaps, days, or longer? OTRT Where was her mother?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 6:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To avoid confusion, can we call 'her' Della, and her mother 'Marie?'

Had Marie gone to Della's home?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 282
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had Marie gone to Della's home? Yes
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 283
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

****************************************SPOILER********************************************
Marie lives in Seattle and Della in Chicago, When they talked in November they decided because of the economy not to get together for Christmas. But Della got a nice year-end bonus from work and decided to surprise her mother for Christmas not knowing her mother had planned from the start to surprise her (Della) for Christmas.

Thanks for giving them names Solo1, seems you have used those names before.
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 484
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, just picked them out of the air - somewhere between Chicago & Seattle. I do know a Marie, but not a Della.
Helps to give characters names, tho. That way, we don't get confused trying to keep track of the pronouns. Not that I always follow my own advice.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 287
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good name, Solo, that's what i'm told to sing, solo I can't be heard.
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 488
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheesh - I'm the one who is supposed to make the silly puns around here! I blame it on my husband - I picked up the habit from him.
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 999
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 5:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This kind of thing happens to me all the time! Christmas and mothers seem particularly bad for it;

Two years ago I tried to gauge my mother's interest in a book I was considering getting her as a gift. I realised in the shop I'd talked about it too much and that I was going to end up with it as a present from her!

And this christmas just gone I had to get a small gift for my brother so I opted for a joke book full of one-liners that were actually all really funny... Having checked the quality of the jokes, I couldn't help but say some of the ones I saw in the couple of weeks leading up to Christmas and so of course my mother thought I now was really into one-liners and I find myself with a similar book on christmas day!

And if that wasn't enough, the previous year I'd bought her a huge box full of great smelling bath stuff that she loved... I told her straight this year I was not going to get the same (despite her hinting how much she liked them) as we both love surprises at Christmas... I got her two presents in the end, the second being another surprise box of the bath stuff but she'd gone and shopped for some for herself after I said I wasn't getting her any! She doesn't mind of course; now she has twice as much :)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: