[Solo1]Celsius Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2013 » [Solo1]Celsius « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 433
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He felt like Nanook of the North.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3382
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nanook of the North = the Inuit man from the movie of the same name?

He = H/A/M?

Is cold weather relevant? Snow?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 434
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nanook of the North = the Inuit man from the movie of the same name? Yes

He = H/A/M? Yes

Is cold weather relevant? Snow? Yes to both.
But the puzzle is not solved that easily. Why did he feel like Nanook?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3385
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course it's not. I was only trying to get on the right track. Now, for the lateral part... =)

Are the cold weather and the snow there where the man is? Does he get stuck in a snowstorm? Do the snow and cold weather cause a problem for him?

Is his job relevant? age? family? where he lives?
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 800
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could he have identified with any Inuit man?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 439
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course it's not. I was only trying to get on the right track. Now, for the lateral part... =)

Are the cold weather and the snow there where the man is?Yes Does he get stuck in a snowstorm? No Do the snow and cold weather cause a problem for him? No, they are no problem for him.

Is his job relevant? age? family?None of these. where he lives? Yes!
Could he have identified with any Inuit man?Yes
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3407
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "where he lives", do you mean the country? region? city? rural vs. urban? type of house?

Does he live in a region that often gets snow? that hardly ever gets snow? that always has snow?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "where he lives", do you mean the country? n.r. It is in the USregion?this, no to the rest city? rural vs. urban? type of house?

Does he live in a region that often gets snow? that hardly ever gets snow? this!that always has snow?
I figured this would be a quickie! Want to $poyle?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 446
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe not so quickie.
Here's a HINT: Explore the situation in which he felt like Nanook. It was snowing, and ....
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he feel like he dealt with the situation well? Like he behaved like someone from a much snowier region?

Is transport relevant? Did he have to walk through the snow because transport was unavailable due to snow?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3782
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oops - I didn't join in because I thought it was done and dusted.

personally I feel like Nanook of the North when I go out in my silly hat with ear flaps and fake fur all round? were you driving a sleigh? shouting "mush"?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he feel like he dealt with the situation well? Like he behaved like someone from a much snowier region? Yes to both.

Is transport relevant? Yes!Did he have to walk through the snow because transport was unavailable due to snow? No; FA
oops - I didn't join in because I thought it was done and dusted.

personally I feel like Nanook of the North when I go out in my silly hat with ear flaps and fake fur all round?Heehee. But he doesn't own a silly hat with ear flaps & fake fur all round, so it has to be something else! were you driving a sleigh? No shouting "mush"? No, but OTRTish.
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2252
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was normal transport available?
Did he use a kind of transport that Nanook would have used? Did he ski? Snowshoe? Drive? Take public transport?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was normal transport available? Yes
Did he use a kind of transport that Nanook would have used? Did he ski? Snowshoe?No to all these. Drive? Yes! Take public transport?No
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 247
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nanook had to fend for himself, ie food, housing, survival? any apply?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 462
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nanook had to fend for himself, ie food, housing, survival? any apply?No to all.
Clarification and hint: He was not really doing anything that Nanook might do, only it might seem that he was, relatively.
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recap and hint: He (call him Fred) is doing something during a rare snow in a Southern locale. It is transportation-related. Come on, you Northern people. What can you do almost without thinking about it that a Southerner probably could not?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3817
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ski? skate?
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Intelligent northern people slow down (vehicle) when it snows, it takes southern people an accident or two to learn this. Is this the situation?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 468
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ski? skate?No to either.
Intelligent northern people slow down (vehicle) when it snows, it takes southern people an accident or two to learn this. Is this the situation? Close enough!

***********SPOILER*************
When there was a highly unusual snow in this area a few years ago, Fred had been with a group of friends at the movies & it was snowing when they came out. So, although it wasn't his car, he had to drive everybody home because he was the only one who knew how to drive when there was snow or ice on the roads.

This was because he had lived in the North - and by North I mean from Houston on up. Houston has a well-deserved reputation for being hot and steamy, but it does snow about once in 5 years or so.

He now lives in Dallas, up there north of the Arctic circle.

Thx to Dave, Shez, et al. Mush, you huskies!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: