[Solo1]Born that way Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2013 » [Solo1]Born that way « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Martin and I have something in common. Both of us are "sports" or "freaks of nature." Martin's freakishness is much, MUCH more freakish {i.e. rare) than mine.
Using (a little) logical thinking, and (a lot of) lateral thinking, can you figure out what is wrong with each of us?
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 846
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = you?
Martin = H/A/M?

Do either of you possess characteristics that would be recognised by medical experts to satisfy the criteria of a disability? physical? mental?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 448
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = you? Yes
Martin = H/A/M? Yes. However, only the H part is relevant; age & gender are not.

Do either of you possess characteristics that would be recognised by medical experts to satisfy the criteria of a disability?No; at most a disadvantage. physical? In each case, what is wrong with us is a physical thing. mental? No.
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 849
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can your physical disadvantage be ascribed to one body part? Martin's?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 450
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can your physical disadvantage be ascribed to one body part? Yes, although interconnected with other parts.Martin's? One type of body part.
I would even tell you the name of Martin's problem - it's called immigration-delay syndrome - but that might mislead you!
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 239
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this disadvantage located in a particular part of the body? above the neck? waist to neck? below the waist?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 453
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this disadvantage located in a particular part of the body? above the neck? waist to neck? below the waist?In my case, below the waist.
In Martins, impossible to answer the question. Can you rephrase?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 241
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your disadvantage in the feet? legs? knees?

Is Martins disadvantage in his whole body? In his soul? Mental condition? sanity?
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 875
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard about Martin's condition so I won't continue with his questions as that would not be a lateral discovery.

Is your condition asymmetric, i.e. does it only occur/effect one side of your body?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 2067
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your condition effect your entire lower body? Below the knee? The feet?

Is Martin's condition that his body parts are arranged differently than normal? Like his organs are on the wrong side (I've heard of that, I don't know the name)? Or like his arms are like legs and his legs like arms?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 454
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your disadvantage in the feet? legs? knees? No

Is Martins disadvantage in his whole body? In his soul? Mental condition? sanity? No to all.

Is your condition asymmetric, i.e. does it only occur/effect one side of your body?Yes, see below.

Does your condition effect your entire lower body? Below the knee? The feet? No to all.

Is Martin's condition that his body parts are arranged differently than normal? Like his organs are on the wrong side (I've heard of that, I don't know the name)?No, that is not Martin's condition; it's mine.
My appendix is - or was when I had one - on the wrong side, and I didn't know it until a few years ago when I was being operated on for something else. This happens, I'm told, to about 1 in every 85-150 people, so it is not terribly freakish.
Or like his arms are like legs and his legs like arms? No, no; nothing like that. But you are sort of OTRT, in a way.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is Martin's disadvantage on or in his skin? blood? bones?

is it at the neck? at the waist?

on his left side? right side?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 459
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is Martin's disadvantage on or in his skin? Yes blood? bones?

is it at the neck? at the waist? No to both.

on his left side? right side? Yes to both.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3801
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it a skin disease? strange pigmentation?

is it that thing where they can't go out in the sun and have to cover up completely?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it a skin disease? strange pigmentation? Yope, leaning to no, but sort of OTRT

is it that thing where they can't go out in the sun and have to cover up completely? No
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, Martin is not albino?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3809
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has he a skin condition which affects the colou of his skin? patchy? or even all over?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 463
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has he a skin condition which affects the colou of his skin? patchy? or even all over? No; colour n.r. Assume he is of European origin.

So, Martin is not albino? No
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 466
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint: My problem was on the inside and therefore invisible. Martin's is visible, being skin-related, but you would have to know what you were looking for, and look very closely.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 268
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Martin's condition show when he is clothed?
Is it hid by his hair, a scalp condition?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 473
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Martin's condition show when he is clothed? Usually it would be visible, except maybe in very cold weather.
Is it hid by his hair, a scalp condition?No to both.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 280
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it on his hands? lower legs? neck?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 5:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it on his hands? er - yeslower legs? neck? so no to these
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3836
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does he have webbed fingers?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does he have webbed fingers?No; you are sort of OTRT but may be going in the wrong direction.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does he have extra finger(s)?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 489
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does he have extra finger(s)? No; REALLY in the wrong direction.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 306
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Missing a finger or thumb on one hand?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 490
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Missing a finger or thumb on one hand? No, but you are now OTRT.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5815
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

missing part of a finger or thumb? if not fingers, should we be looking at toes?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 309
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Such that they are not really fingers? I knew a man who could not open his hand more than a fist, possible?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2013 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

missing part of a finger or thumb? Yopish\yope if not fingers, should we be looking at toes? No, don't look at toes.

Such that they are not really fingers? His fingers are fingers. I knew a man who could not open his hand more than a fist, possible? No, he can make a fist, and do almost everything with his hands that the rest of us can, except for one thing...
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 316
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't point? make V for victory? finger is short? long? missing nails?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 492
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't point? make V for victory?No; he can do these. finger is short? long? Neither missing nails? No, but you are VERY close.

Post Number: 5823
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Extra nails?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3860
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

missing fingerprints?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 493
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Extra nails? No, not even retractable ones, kitteh-style.
missing fingerprints? Yes!

************SPOILER*************
Martin has adermatoglyphia, which afflicts, AFAWK, only 4 extended families world wide - 16 people in one Swiss family alone. This lack of fingerprints makes it difficult for them to cross international borders, or do anything for which a fingerprint is required.

A cheezburger for Kaylee, a venisonburger for Dave, and her comestible of choice for Shez - and my thanks to all.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 320
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for recognizing my love of venison (preferably northwest American Elk)
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3862
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks, I'll take the cheezburger too!

Post Number: 5837
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kaylee and shez kittehz can haz cheezburgerz? yayz! ^_^

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: