[deholmes, Dave] Shut Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2013 » [deholmes, Dave] Shut « Previous Next »

Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We'd have had steak for supper if he had kept his trap shut.
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 931
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

he = his? can we call him Susan?

Are you part of the "We"? true story?
We = just you and Susan? you, Susan and others? you and others?

steak = a cut of meat? or fish?
supper = 3rd and main meal of the day?
trap = thing for catching things? colloquialism for 'mouth'?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

he = his? Yes can we call him Susan? Might embarrass him

Are you part of the "We"? Yestrue story? Yes
We = just you and Susan? Kim & I you, Susan and others? you and others? Just we two

steak = a cut of meat? Yes or fish?
supper = 3rd and main meal of the day? Yes
trap = thing for catching things? colloquialism for 'mouth'? This
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 934
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kim = he = his = 'Susan'? or someone different?

"Have had" at home? in a restaurant? for free? cheaper? instead of something else?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 259
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kim = he = his = 'Susan'? Yes or someone different? No

"Have had" at home? possibly in a restaurant? for free? cheaper? instead of something else? No to all else
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was someone going to give you the steak? Invite you for a steak?
Were you going to buy the steak? Did the situation happen in the shop?
Was it a normal steak? Was something wrong with it?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 260
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was someone going to give you the steak? Invite you for a steak?
Were you going to buy the steak? Did the situation happen in the shop?
Was it a normal steak? Was something wrong with it? No to all
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3815
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by having steak fo supper, do you mean you would have been better off financially? or that you would have been celebrating something?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hez (Shez)

Post Number: 3815
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:07 pm:

by having steak fo supper, do you mean you would have been better off financially? Noor that you would have been celebrating something? Yes
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 5282
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a pet eat the steak? (My childhood dog ate my brothers' meal of liver. Mum couldn't understand where it had gone until Sally returned it to the carpet during the meal).
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 270
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5282
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 9:41 am:

Did a pet eat the steak? No(My childhood dog ate my brothers' meal of liver. Mum couldn't understand where it had gone until Sally suspect sally is the dog returned it to the carpet during the meal).
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5284
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suspect was indeed Sally the dog - guilty as charged.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3827
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had something good happened? did it appear that something good had happened?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had something good happened? No did it appear that something good had happened? might have if he had kept his trap shut.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5289
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had the date for an anniversary been mixed up? And then some bigmouth pointed out that fact, and the steak got put back into suitable storage or never taken out in the first place.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 284
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had the date for an anniversary been mixed up? And then some bigmouth pointed out that fact, and the steak got put back into suitable storage or never taken out in the first place. No, The steak never got to be steak
Danielvs (Danielvs)
Username: Danielvs

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, you and another man were expecting to eat steak for supper. However, he spoke something which made it impossible to eat steak. Is that correct?

Relationship between you and this man: friends? coworkers? relatives?

Did he talk on the telephone? did he talk to you?

Were you isolated in a house? Is location relevant? In the middle of the woods?

Were you guys trying to hunt an animal and eat it for supper? And he spoke out loud, the animal ran away and you missed the shot (and consequently, your steak)?
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 285
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Danielvs (Danielvs)

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:50 am:

So, you and another man were expecting to eat steak for supper. Not especially However, he spoke something which made it impossible Yes to eat steak. Is that correct? OTRT

Relationship between you and this man: friends? Not now coworkers? relatives?

Did he talk on the telephone? did he talk to you? This

Were you isolated in a house? Is location relevant? In the middle of the woods? This

Were you guys trying to hunt an animal and eat it for supper? Yesish And he spoke out loud, Yes the animal ran away and you missed the shot Yes (and consequently, your steak)?Boo hoo; There was another option but I figured he wouldn't be a very tender steak}
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 286
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good job Danielvs
*******************************************SPOILER**********************************************
I usually hunt alone, even disappearing for days alone, but he plead to come along. We were on a mountain road in Elk Valley when we saw the backs of two large deer, their heads were hid in the high grass they were eating. I let up on the gas, no break noise, and coasted behind a large tree. I didn't close my door and soft footed towards the clearing, there was a large tree between the deer and me; I had an arrow nocked and half drawn and was getting ready to look around the tree to see if at least one was legal game; then I heard
' Hey! Dave, Its two big bucks!' I looked and he had walked down the road in plain sight when he shouted. All I heard next was the sound of running quadrupeds. Don't ask if I was mad, but he is still alive.
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 487
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave, I respect bow-hunters, and even more people who eat what they kill, but you really should not hunt alone. For the same reason that people should not swim alone, you should have a buddy along. Just not this guy - unless you put duct tape over his mouth!

End of lecture for the day. And good puzzle!
Danielvs (Danielvs)

Post Number: 528
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was a little kid and my grandpa was alive, I used to go fishing with him in a river. I still remember he would get very mad if anyone spoke anything near the water... =)
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 291
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I could hike, even walk, my wife would drop me off on one side of a mountain and pick me up a week later on the other side, just the mountain and I (this was in the rugged ROCKY Mountains) when asked what if something happens, she would say 'He'll die where he is happy' I would know it is time to come down when I could smell the bacon and bread (She once had no shovel so she dug a hole in the ground with an old tin can and baked the bread), no guys she is bespoken.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: