[hardcore] death by vocabulary Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2013 » [hardcore] death by vocabulary « Previous Next »

Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I said one word and the next day, I was murdered along with someone else I just met recently. If I said the opposite of the word I said, I would have lived, but the other person would have died still. Why?

I think this will go fast
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5420
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Murdered because someone wanted you dead? Or to accomplish something else? Murder method relevant? Your relation to the someone else relevant? Someone else: H? A? M? Your relation to the murderer relevant? Is there one murderer? Two? More? A group? Any crimes relevant except murder? Was the word a statement? An answer to a question? Were you murdered in the same place? At roughly the same time? If you had said the opposite worked, would you have been in the place you were murdered at the time you were murdered? Or would you avoid murder by being somewhere else? Food relevant? Drink? Poison?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18421
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say "Guilty"?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Murdered because someone wanted you dead? not at first Or to accomplish something else? Murder method relevant? no Your relation to the someone else relevant? yes Someone else: H? A? M? yes to all 3 Your relation to the murderer relevant? yes Is there one murderer? yes Two? More? A group? Any crimes relevant except murder? yope Was the word a statement? yes An answer to a question? yope Were you murdered in the same place? no At roughly the same time? no If you had said the opposite worked, would you have been in the place you were murdered at the time you were murdered? yes Or would you avoid murder by being somewhere else? irrelevant Food relevant? Drink? Poison? irrelavant
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say "Guilty"? yes
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a firing squad? Were you guilty? were you trying to plead for mercy? Did it take place in a foreign country, other than USA?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18426
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you in court? Pleading guilty? Were you a jury foreman?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3927
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2013 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the someone else the accused? another juror?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2013 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a firing squad? Were you guilty? were you trying to plead for mercy? Did it take place in a foreign country, other than USA? no to all

Were you in court? yes Pleading guilty? no Were you a jury foreman? yes!!!

was the someone else the accused? this!!!another juror?

you can now post your solutions!!!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18432
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2013 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's what I've got so far: You were the jury foreman announcing the verdict of a trial. The accused was convicted and executed (or convicted and killed in prison).

Hmm... then you were murdered, right? Because of the guilty verdict? By a friend/relative of the accused?
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 467
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the accused killed by another inmate? by a friend of a person he killed? by a lawman?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's what I've got so far: You were the jury foreman announcing the verdict of a trial. The accused was convicted and executed (or convicted and killed in prison). wrong assumption!

Hmm... then you were murdered, right? Because of the guilty verdict? By a friend/relative of the accused? wrong assumption!

was the accused killed by another inmate? by a friend of a person he killed? by a lawman? wrong assumption!
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3948
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the accused murdered in prison?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18437
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the accused convicted?
Was the accused killed at all?
Was the other person killed the accused? Another juror?

Were you announcing the verdict when you said "Guilty"? Was the verdict "Guilty"?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the accused murdered in prison? no. Wrong assumtion

Was the accused convicted? yes
Was the accused killed at all? no. He wasn't the other death
Was the other person killed the accused? Another juror? please rephrase

Were you announcing the verdict when you said "Guilty"? Was the verdict "Guilty"? yes to both
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18465
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other victim another juror? The judge?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other victim another juror? The judge? no to both

recap!

I am a jury foreman and I gave a verdict to a ringleader for a huge gang. The verdict I gave was guilty. The next day, i am dead, another man is dead, and the gang leader is alive in jail. Your quest is to find out who the other man is and why are we dead?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18470
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the other victim another gang member?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the other victim another gang member? no
Senorita_illuminata (Senorita_illuminata)
Username: Senorita_illuminata

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the other victim the judge?
if so can we then assume:
(a)you were a jury foreperson
(b)you delivered a 'guilty' verdict to a gang ringleader
(c) the other dead person is the judge
(d)you were killed for announcing and contributing to the verdict
(e)if you had said 'not guilty' you would still be alive
(f)the judge (or other dead person) died from some natural cause or unrelated event that would have occurred regardless of the verdict?

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry, i just realised we had ruled out the judge, hence please disregard the references to 'judge' in my previous post!
I will insert 'fellow juror' instead of 'judge' in my previous post please.
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 4:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the other victim another juror?
if so can we then assume:
(a)you were a jury foreperson true
(b)you delivered a 'guilty' verdict to a gang ringleader true
(c) the other dead person is the other juror false
(d)you were killed for announcing and contributing to the verdict true
(e)if you had said 'not guilty' you would still be alive true
(f)the other juror (or other dead person) died from some natural cause or unrelated event that would have occurred regardless of the verdict? please rephrase
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER!
I realized that in an old post that I said the accused was the other person that was killed. I meant to say that the accused was the killer! Sorry for the confusion!

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to rephrase the above (f) what i meant was, would the other person have still died regardless of wether you announced the verdict as 'guilty' or 'not guilty'?
for example, he/she had a heart attack or was involved in a motor accident or similar?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 36
Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would the other person have still died regardless of whether you announced the verdict as 'guilty' or 'not guilty'? yes

ok, everybody is starting to get wrong info here about the other person. So I will give some hints.
1. The other person was murdered and not killed by accidents or natural causes.
2. The gang leader went to jail and is the killer.
3. The other person is not the judge, another juror, the gang leader, a gang member.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18492
Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS the other person related to the accused?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IS the other person related to the accused?

No, not biologically.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3999
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the other person his wife?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2013 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the other person his wife? no, not related to him at all. Just in a small, but important way
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18502
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the other person involved with the court? A bystander? A friend of the accused?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the other person involved with the court? VERY A bystander? what do you mean? A friend of the accused? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18512
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The judge?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The judge?NO
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4031
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the other person the accused?
Chanman876 (Chanman876)
Username: Chanman876

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2013 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other person a witness? A lawyer?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other person a witness? YES!!!!!! we got the answer!
****************SPOILER********************

I was a jury foreman, making a verdict for a case against a gang leader, who is the lead man in a drug ring. We had a witness, who saw the drugs being transported by the gang leader. He gave a testimony and I gave my verdict as guilty. Somehow, when the gang leader was in jail, he got a phone and ordered a hit on me, for giving him jail time, and the witness, for telling about it.
Chanman876 (Chanman876)
Username: Chanman876

Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes! My first solve!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: