[Kyeannpepper] How Odd... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2013 » [Kyeannpepper] How Odd... « Previous Next »

Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was disappointed, though unsurprised, when I saw the pile of gold.
I=me, kyeannpepper=HTF
Just a quickie that hit me and refused to go away.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5956
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 5:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it at the end of a rainbow?
was there a leprechaun?
was there a box of Lucky Charms?
a cheeseburger wrapped in gold foil?

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it at the end of a rainbow?
was there a leprechaun?
was there a box of Lucky Charms?
a cheeseburger wrapped in gold foil? None of the above, although I did haz a delicious cheezburgur just a little while ago.
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 501
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it owwned privately? by government? in a museum? an art gallery? was the pile debris?
Emeraldink (Emeraldink)
Username: Emeraldink

Post Number: 585
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you disappointed because:
gold was in a pile, and not some other shape or form?
it was a pile of gold, and not some other material?
you saw something / there was something, where you expected nothing?
a pile of gold was used as a symbol for something, where a better symbol may have been used?

Post Number: 5964
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tywin Lannister relevant? Any Lannisters at all?

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it owwned privately? This is actually a pretty tricky question, but privately is the best answer. by government? in a museum? an art gallery? was the pile debris?
Were you disappointed because:
gold was in a pile, and not some other shape or form?
it was a pile of gold, and not some other material?
you saw something / there was something, where you expected nothing? Yesish, explore this more!
a pile of gold was used as a symbol for something, where a better symbol may have been used?
Tywin Lannister relevant? Any Lannisters at all?
No to rest.

Post Number: 5966
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for anyone scratching their heads and going 'who's Tywin Lannister?' Tywin Lannister is a character from G.R.R. Martin's "A Song Of Ice And Fire" series, also known (because of its TV adaptation) by the name of its first book, "Game of Thrones". Tywin is the ridiculously wealthy Lord of Casterly Rock in Westeros (he's got more money than King Robert) and his daughter Cersei is the Queen. Tywin has two sons, Jaime and Tyrion. Tyrion is more awesome. =) The Lannister symbol is a lion and their family motto is "Hear Me Roar", but their unofficial, better known motto is "A Lannister always pays his debts." So now you know. =D

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for anyone scratching their heads and going 'who's Tywin Lannister?' Tywin Lannister is a character from G.R.R. Martin's "A Song Of Ice And Fire" series, also known (because of its TV adaptation) by the name of its first book, "Game of Thrones". Tywin is the ridiculously wealthy Lord of Casterly Rock in Westeros (he's got more money than King Robert) and his daughter Cersei is the Queen. Tywin has two sons, Jaime and Tyrion. Tyrion is more awesome. =) The Lannister symbol is a lion and their family motto is "Hear Me Roar", but their unofficial, better known motto is "A Lannister always pays his debts." So now you know. =D Thank you for the explanation Kaylee, as I was one of those who were scratching their heads and going 'who's Tywin Lannister?'
And now that I know a little more about Tywin Lannister, I can say that he is, in fact, slightly relevant. But that could be misleading.
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 511
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the gold in bars? nuggets? dust?
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a good tooth filling?

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the gold in bars? nuggets? dust? Not relevant, say it was in bars.
One ton of small, unmarked bars, to be exact...er, don't mind me, Artemis Fowl fangirl passing through ;D.

Was it a gold tooth filling? No, very lateral idea though.
And welcome to the forum, Hardcore!
Emeraldink (Emeraldink)
Username: Emeraldink

Post Number: 591
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2013 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you expect to see some other "treasure" instead?

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2013 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you expect to see some other "treasure" instead? No, but keep exploring!
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3969
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you expect to see a bigger pile? or bigger bars?

is gaming relevant?

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you expect to see a bigger pile? or bigger bars? No to both.

is gaming relevant? No, but this is OTRT!
Deholmes (Deholmes)

Post Number: 544
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you in Vegas at the time? Monte Carlo? Atlantic City? Is the place relevant?

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you in Vegas at the time? Monte Carlo? Atlantic City? Is the place relevant? The place is yopishly not relevant.
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3444
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a lottery ticket relevant?

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a lottery ticket relevant? No, explore why the place is 'yopishly' not rel.

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*****HINT*****

I had an alternate title for this puzzle, which was "Not Last Night But The Night Before"

Post Number: 6034
Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Twenty four robbers came knocking at your door?

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Twenty four robbers came knocking at your door? No (thankfully!)

Post Number: 6035
Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

u would prefur twenty-four kittehz, yez?

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

u would prefur twenty-four kittehz, yez? yez, twenty-fur kittehz would indeed be bettur. or twenty-fur cheezburgurs.

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This puzzle has appeared to have lost steam...no questions in 48 hours and I'll $poil.
Kiyomoon (Kiyomoon)
Username: Kiyomoon

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

State/Country/Content/Planet relevant? The pile was smaller than you had hoped? Real gold? Fake gold? Hollow gold bars?

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

State/Country/Content/Planet relevant? No, but the location was yopishly relevant. The pile was smaller than you had hoped? Real gold? This. Fake gold? Hollow gold bars? And not this.
There's one important aspect of this puzzle that you have left to find out, and should help enormously towards finding the solution.

Post Number: 6089
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gold jewelry? Gold coins? White gold? Pure gold?

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gold jewelry? Gold coins? White gold? Pure gold? Doesn't particularly matter, focus less on the gold. It could theoretically have been a pile of cream cheese or platinum or, well, anything, and still have disappointed me.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4004
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you playing a game? did it mean you'd got to the end of the game and you were sorry that it was over?

Post Number: 6094
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CREAM CHEESE!!!!!!! *runs to get chocolate chip bagels* MINE.

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were you playing a game? did it mean you'd got to the end of the game and you were sorry that it was over? No to both, but kinda OTRT

CREAM CHEESE!!!!!!! *runs to get chocolate chip bagels* MINE. xD I officially grant you ownership of the cream cheese, Kaylee. You may use that however you wish, whether it be spreading it on chocolate chip bagels or feeding starving penguins.

Post Number: 6102
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yay! *feeds chocolate chip bagels and cream cheese to penguins* =)

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yay! *feeds chocolate chip bagels and cream cheese to penguins* =) I'm sure the penguins will enjoy the cream cheese covered bagels greatly =D.

Post Number: 6105
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope so =D *hands kyeann kitteh a chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese*

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope so =D *hands kyeann kitteh a chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese* *kyeannkitteh nomz on teh chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese* Yummy!
...And now I'm hungry.

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like this puzzle is dead.
**********SPOILER**********

I was disappointed, though unsurprised, when I saw the pile of gold.
In the puzzle, I meet a character from a book series. Of course, I am very excited about this, when the thought hits me-it could all be a dream. I then realize that if it is a dream, then knowing it is a dream makes it a lucid dream and allows me to manipulate it. So I try and make a pile of gold appear. If it does, I'm dreaming, if it doesn't, it's the real world. Of course, it does appear, and I am left very disappointed, though unsurprised, that I am only meeting the character in a dream.
And, off topic, 'not last night but the night before' I posted the puzzle, I had a dream in which, no, I didn't meet a book character, but I did have a dream in which I had ANOTHER dream, and the dream-within-a-dream was a lucid dream. I was very confused when I woke up.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: