{KayleeArafinwiel} Crossroads of Expe... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2013 » {KayleeArafinwiel} Crossroads of Experience « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5977
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"You put *what* on cake?"
"It's the most normal thing in the world!"
Not for me, it wasn't.
"You'll be all right, so long as you wear your rubber thongs."
She didn't seem to realise what she'd said.
She couldn't stop laughing at her, and when she told me, I couldn't stop laughing either.
"Are you sure this is a valid ID?"
"Yes."
"I'd better get the manager to look at it."
"You do that..."
She couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
"You're famous," I laughed when they all crowded around our table. She was blushing.

this is a G-rated puzzle
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 3443
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rubber thongs = flip flops?

Post Number: 5978
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rubber thongs = flip flops? Yes! =) Although not everyone calls flip flops that...
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 541
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rubber to protect from shock? electricity?

Post Number: 5980
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rubber to protect from shock? electricity? electric shock potentially, but more specifically...
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3446
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The "what" on the cake = icing? some sort of decoration? something edible? something inedible?

The cake = for a birthday? a wedding? a baby shower? a holiday? a bachelorette party? some other special event?

Post Number: 5983
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The "what" on the cake = icing? no - I am used to frosting (are they the same thing?) on cake. However, this is along the right lines, and that is important! There was also "icing sugar", which *I* would call powdered sugar... some sort of decoration? DOYD of 'decoration'. something edible? yes! something inedible? no. Good round of questions!

The cake = for a birthday? a wedding? a baby shower? a holiday? a bachelorette party? none of the above some other special event? It was a "just because" cake, but you could consider it for a "special event"...DOYD of "event".
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3447
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

there's some difference between icing and frosting, but I always have to look up which is which. One is thinner, and put on more like a glaze. The other is thicker, to be spread on and used for decorating. Personally, I grew up saying "icing" for the decorator stuff, "glaze" for the thinner stuff, and only using the term "frosting" for the stuff you buy in a can at the grocery store. But I don't necessarily think that distinction is the right one.

the something edible on the cake: to clarify, you're saying that it's LIKE icing/frosting, but not actually icing/frosting, right? Or that there's something relevant _in addition to_ the icing/frosting and powdered sugar?

is it sweet? sour? salty? savory? Is it mostly natural (e.g. fruit)? Or mostly man-made (e.g. candy)? Is it primarily made of fruit? veggies? grains? sugar/sweeteners? dairy? meat? egg? other?

Post Number: 5984
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the something edible on the cake: to clarify, you're saying that it's LIKE icing/frosting, but not actually icing/frosting, right? inasmuch as it was spread on the cake, yes, it's like icing/frosting. But it's not very much like icing/frosting at all, other than being sweet. Or that there's something relevant _in addition to_ the icing/frosting and powdered sugar? In addition to the powdered sugar, which was placed on top of the not-icing/frosting

is it sweet? this sour? salty? savory? Is it mostly natural (e.g. fruit)? Or mostly man-made (e.g. candy)? it's made *from* fruit, but as to whether it's more man-made or natural...Is it primarily made of fruit? this veggies? grains? sugar/sweeteners? and this dairy? meat? egg? other? and probably some amount of this, no to rest.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3448
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it jam/jelly/preserves?

Post Number: 5989
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it jam/jelly/preserves? it is! =)
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3450
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jelly on cake = weird! =) But I could see how it would be tasty

Is a particular fruit of jam/jelly/preserves relevant? Or could it be any?

Is this a jelly roll/yule log type desert (i.e. rolled up cake with jelly rolled into it)? Or a normal cake but with the jelly spread on top?

Post Number: 5998
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jelly on cake = weird! =) extremely!But I could see how it would be tasty it was =)

Is a particular fruit of jam/jelly/preserves relevant? Or could it be any? Any, but she preferred strawberry, and luckily that's what we had.

Is this a jelly roll/yule log type desert (i.e. rolled up cake with jelly rolled into it)? Or a normal DOYD of 'normal'... cake but with the jelly spread on top? with the caution to be careful about 'normal', this is closer
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2501
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are these three separate situations? Three linked situations? Three aspects of the same situation?

In the second part, is the 'she' who didn't realise what she said the same she who mentioned the ribber thongs? Is this she the one getting laughed at? Is the laughter due to the fact that thongs can also be underwear?

In part 3, does she have the same name as a famous person? Is her name funny? Her picture on the ID?

Post Number: 6007
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are these three separate situations? yes Three linked situations? they have one person in common Three aspects of the same situation? no

In the second part, is the 'she' who didn't realise what she said the same she who mentioned the rubber thongs? yes - let's call her Sheila Is this she the one getting laughed at? yes, Sheila was the one being laughed at Is the laughter due to the fact that thongs can also be underwear? very much so

In part 3, does she have the same name as a famous person? no, I was being silly Is her name funny? no Her picture on the ID? perhaps, but there were other aspects of the ID that were rather more unusual
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we call the other 'she' in part 2 Delia? Is it correct that there is only one other 'she', aside from you? So Sheila mentioned rubber thongs and didn't notice what she'd said, Delia laughed at her, and then told you? Or Sheila told you?

The person in common - you? Is I/me in all 3 parts you yourself?

Was the ID a passport? Driving license? ID showing the person to be a member of a particular group or society? Professional ID (eg police ID, hospital ID for a doctor or nurse)? Was she using it to prove her age? To gain admission somewhere? To be allowed to buy something?

Post Number: 6010
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we call the other 'she' in part 2 Delia? you can if you want Is it correct that there is only one other 'she', aside from you? So Sheila mentioned rubber thongs and didn't notice what she'd said, Delia laughed at her, and then told you? yes Or Sheila told you? no, I've never seen Sheila before in my life, and probably never will

The person in common - you? no, "Delia", as she was physically present during all the incidents Is I/me in all 3 parts you yourself? yes

Was the ID a passport? either this Driving license? this ID showing the person to be a member of a particular group or society? Professional ID (eg police ID possibly but unlikely, hospital ID for a doctor or nurse)? Was she using it to prove her age? yes To gain admission somewhere? To be allowed to buy something? this
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2505
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there something about her ID that made the person checking it think it was not valid? Or something about her? Was it from a different country/state? Was it expired? Did the picture not look like her? Was it in bad condition? Does she look very young? Was it a valid ID? Was it her ID?

Was she trying to buy alcohol? Cigarettes? A weapon? Something to do with gambling? Medication?

'She' here all referring to the person referred to as such in part 3

Post Number: 6013
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there something about her ID that made the person checking it think it was not valid? possibly Or something about her? also possibly Was it from a different country {this}/state? Was it expired? Did the picture not look like her? Was it in bad condition? Does she look very young? well, she is 24, and it's usual to card for alcohol in the US if one looks younger than 30 just to make sure Was it a valid ID? yes Was it her ID? yes

Was she trying to buy alcohol? yes Cigarettes? A weapon? Something to do with gambling? no to these Medication? this happened too, now that I think about it, but not at this time

'She' here all referring to the person referred to as such in part 3 who would be "Delia". Although finding out who she really is would be useful. I've mentioned her on the LTPF before a few times - she's been the focus of at least three puzzles.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2506
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Delia your friend in Cornwall? Another friend of yours? A relative? Someone you know personally? In part 1, was it Delia who puts jam on cakes?

Did the person checking ID think it was invalid because they had never seen a piece of ID from that country before? Because there is a relevant difference between ID in your country and her country? Because they couldn't see a key bit of information? Did the ID look fake, eg being more colourful than a normal ID?

Post Number: 6015
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "Delia" your friend in Cornwall? yes Another friend of yours? no A relative? sister by choice, not blood Someone you know personally? yes In part 1, was it Delia who puts jam on cakes? yes

Did the person checking ID think it was invalid because they had never seen a piece of ID from that country before? Probably Because there is a relevant difference between ID in your country and her country? there's one relevant one that comes to mind. It wouldn't have caused an issue for everybody, but it wasn't unique to her, either. Because they couldn't see a key bit of information? perhaps but more likely they just misread the key bit of info Did the ID look fake, yes eg being more colourful than a normal ID? this may have been part of it, but not the especially relevant bit. good q's enjay-kitteh =)
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2517
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the key bit of info her name? Date of birth? Date of issue of the ID? Expiry date of the ID? Did they think that the ID showed her to be younger than she actually is?

Incidentally, I was flicking through my (British) passport the other day and realised that the pages where you get stamps all have a different 'typical British scene' in the background...I could see why that might look fake if you're used to plain passports!

Post Number: 6016
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the key bit of info her name? Date of birth? this Date of issue of the ID? Expiry date of the ID? Did they think that the ID showed her to be younger than she actually is? I'm not sure, but they definitely seemed to think something was wrong with the date...
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2518
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could they not find it? Did they think she had altered the date on it? That she had bought a fake ID with the wrong date of birth on it?

Post Number: 6017
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could they not find it? I'm sure they found it, but... Did they think she had altered the date on it? possibly, but if so it looked exceptionally stupid That she had bought a fake ID with the wrong date of birth on it? same answer as the last one

HINT: Why would they be confused about some (dare I say most) birth dates on foreign ID, but some (a far fewer number) wouldn't make them suspicious?
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 559
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dd/mm/yy vs. mm/dd/yy format?
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3451
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was her date listed in day-month-year order (instead of month-day-year like we usually do in the US)? If so, was her birth date higher than 12, making it look like an impossible birthday?

Post Number: 6021
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beachbum and Noel, you both have found the problem with the ID, just about simultaneously =) Her birthday is August 27, 1988 - 27/08/1988 there, 08/27/1988 here.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2525
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is that part 3 solved? Or is there more?

In part 1 - relevant what type of cake it is?

Post Number: 6023
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is that part 3 solved? Or is there more? that's it =)

In part 1 - relevant what type of cake it is? yes
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3452
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a peanut butter cake? And that's why she put jelly on it (to make it pb&j)?

Post Number: 6024
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a peanut butter cake? And that's why she put jelly on it (to make it pb&j)?
lol! no, but that would have been awesome. OTWT, though...although...actually you have the slightest bit of OTRT mixed on. O.o I don't want to mislead, though.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2531
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the jam on top of the cake? Or as a filling? If on the top, was the cake decorated in a certain way, and the jam formed part of that? (Eg it was a halloween cake, and the jam represented blood). Was jam the only thing on the cake?

Post Number: 6026
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the jam on top of the cake? this Or as a filling? no - actually this would have made more sense to me If on the top, was the cake decorated in a certain way, and the jam formed part of that? mostly just jam (Eg it was a halloween cake, and the jam represented blood). Was jam the only thing on the cake? other than a generous dusting of 'icing sugar' (powdered sugar as I call it), yes
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3453
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it matter if it was jam, jelly, or preserves? Or could any of the three been used interchangeably?

Was the cake: chocolate? white? yellow? angel food? carrot? red velvet? devil's food? spice cake? a fruit cake? a pound cake?

Post Number: 6027
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it matter if it was jam, jelly, or preserves? Or could any of the three been used interchangeably? with the caveat that what the Brits call "jelly" we uneducated Yankees refer to as "Jell-O", any of these three in American parlance would presumably have worked. However, "jam" is in the name.

Was the cake: chocolate? white? yellow? angel food? carrot? red velvet? devil's food? spice cake? a fruit cake? a pound cake? it was a basic cake - I would say pound cake is probably closest, though it may not in fact be close at all. It was, however, unlike any other cake I've made before, not made from a box mix. It turned out yellow in color, though.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3454
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it matter what shape the cake was in? If so, sheet cake? loaf pan shaped? Bundt/ring? cupcakes?

Post Number: 6028
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it matter what shape the cake was in? If so, sheet cake? loaf pan shaped? Bundt/ring? cupcakes?
None - it was round and fairly flat-ish - just one layer
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3455
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So what's left for part 1? You say it matters what kind of cake it was, but then when I ask about just about every kind of cake I can think of, you say that it's just a basic cake. I'm not sure where to go from here. What's left to know, other than that she put strawberry jam on her cake?

Post Number: 6029
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So what's left for part 1? You say it matters what kind of cake it was, but then when I ask about just about every kind of cake I can think of, you say that it's just a basic cake. I'm not sure where to go from here. What's left to know, other than that she put strawberry jam on her cake?

All right, as you practically said it anyway...It's a jam cake. =) Which is something I never heard of before having a British best friend...
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 3456
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the three scenarios seem to have in common that they involve interactions/culture clashes with someone British or otherwise foreign to the U.S., right? Anything else?

Post Number: 6030
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the three scenarios seem to have in common that they involve interactions/culture clashes with someone British yes, but who is she? or otherwise foreign to the U.S., right? Anything else? all right, seems close enough to done for a ***SPOILER***...

All these things revolved around my best friend, Emma, who lives in Cornwall. During 2012, she was travelling around the world, and the first part of this puzzle, chronologically, was the incident with the girl we've called Sheila. It took place while Emma was in South Africa, volunteering at the Lion Park.

"Sheila" was Australian (Sheila, get it? =D) and there were a few other girls bunking with Emma besides her - another Brit, and a couple of Americans. There was a shower block near the cabins, and one night there was a storm. One of the American girls was a bit germophobic and took showers as often as she could, including every night, but that night she was freaked out by the lightning flashing down.

"Oh, you'll be all right," said Sheila composedly, "so long as you wear your rubber thongs." Emma and the other Brit couldn't help giggling as the Americans looked at each other in mingled shock, horror and disgust. The germophobe was all, "WHAT KIND OF GIRL DO YOU THINK I AM, CRAZY WOMAN?" =D

...of course, in Australia, thongs mean flip-flops... =D

Emma couldn't help laughing, and hearing the story a few months later, neither could I. =)

Emma stayed with me for a couple months or so. She'd got really sick in South Africa and it'd weakened her system, but nevertheless, she'd been through New York and Washington DC before coming to me. She was feeling mostly better, though not brilliant, and what helped her most was keeping busy.

Emma + keeping busy = cake.

Apparently cake can be made "from scratch" and not from a box. O.o

Emma preferred using a pan that the bottom comes off of (the kind one uses for cheesecake, but although that later became Emma's trademark food once I introduced her to the joys of Cheesecake Factory - hence Incident 3, by the way - we never made one ourselves)

Anyway, so once said cake was made, it was flat-ish and not very fluffy. (She also tried making a chocolate cake in a pot on the stovetop once, btw. Don't ask me why. Confused the heck out of me but it turned out more like a cake-ish chocolate fudge. Brilliant, but wrong. Anyway.) So the cake was maybe an...inch high? Inch and a half? It was then topped with jam and generously dusted with powdered sugar. (She had written "icing sugar" on my mother's shopping list. My mother was all "...? hey, you speak British, what the hell is this?" lol...)

Anyway, jam cake is good cake. It's just very odd in appearance.

Moving on. As I said, incident 3 was Cheesecake Factory. (At least, if I remember right. It might've been BJ's Brewery and Restaurant, but I think it was Cheesecake Factory. The point is it was big, on the expensive side, and something they don't have in Camborne.)

She ordered some kind of chocolate flavoured cocktail, and they asked for ID. She gave them...I think it was her British driving licence rather than her passport, but I didn't actually see it, so I could be wrong. Anyway, I think their main objection was the birthdate, because one of the guys who came over mentioned it looking obviously fake. The manager (who was, as Emma said once they'd all gone, "a fit bloke", by the way =D), was all "She's British, can't you tell by the accent? Of course the date's back to front, that's how they do things on the other side of the pond."

They thought her ID was crazy. They all loved her accent, though. =)

Nice work, both of you! cheezburger to Noel and Enjay-kittehz =)

Post Number: 6031
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and in case "Emma + keeping busy = cake" didn't make it obvious, we made LOTS of jam cake. We experimented with at least one other kind of cake besides the chocolate, but the jam cake was the one we did most often.
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 575
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you had peanut butter pie? I don't know how to make it but I had it in a restaurant. It is very very good. I suppose it's their secret recipe, but I wonder if it would be better or worse with a little bit of fresh-made jam on top.
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 576
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you had peanut butter pie? I don't know how to make it but I had it in a restaurant. It is very very good. I suppose it's their secret recipe, but I wonder if it would be better or worse with a little bit of fresh-made jam on top.

Post Number: 6051
Posted on Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have not had this. This is now required. I need it. Which restaurant was this?!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: