[Nimue] Sticky Job Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2013 » [Nimue] Sticky Job « Previous Next »

Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 9024
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2013 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Geneva's dislike of her job caused her to seem like a racist, although she is not one. How come?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2594
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Geneva express her dislike of her job out loud? In writing? In some other way?

Is it relevant what her job is? Is the name of her company or employer relevant?

Is Geneva's race relevant? Did she seem like a racist because of something she did? Something she said? Did she seem to be racist against one particular race? To believe in the superiority of one race?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9025
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2594

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 2:29 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Did Geneva express her dislike of her job out loud? yesIn writing? no In some other way?no

Is it relevant what her job is? see next answerIs the name of her company or employer relevant? yes

Is Geneva's race relevant? yesish Did she seem like a racist because of something she did? see next answerSomething she said? yesDid she seem to be racist against one particular race? yopeTo believe in the superiority of one race? no
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2595
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Geneva white? Black? Asian? Hispanic? Did she seem to be insulting any of the above groups?

Does the name of her company sound like a race? A racial slur? Did Geneva saying she disliked her job sound like she was saying she disliked people of a certain race (like if she worked at Blacks and someone heard her saying "I really hate Blacks")?

Is it relevant why she dislikes her job? What aspect of it she dislikes?

Did she sound racist because she seemed to be expressing dislike of a particular race or races? Preference for a particular race? Using a racial slur? Supporting a racist stereotype? Did she seem to have been racist to a specific person? Or a specific group of people?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9026
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Geneva white? Black? Asian? Hispanic? She is probably white or Asian.Did she seem to be insulting any of the above groups?She seems to be insulting Latinos & possibly blacks as well.

Does the name of her company sound like a race?yes or yesish-- I was afraid this puzzle wouod be too easy!! A racial slur? no Did Geneva saying she disliked her job sound like she was saying she disliked people of a certain race (like if she worked at Blacks and someone heard her saying "I really hate Blacks")? yes

Is it relevant why she dislikes her job? yesish What aspect of it she dislikes? yesish

Did she sound racist because she seemed to be expressing dislike of a particular race or races? yesPreference for a particular race? see previous answer Using a racial slur? noSupporting a racist stereotype? possiblyDid she seem to have been racist to a specific person? no Or a specific group of people? yes
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2598
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she say "I don't like [company name]"? "I don't like working for [name]"? "[name] is..."? "[the problem with [name] is..."?

Does the company name contain the word latino? Black? Brown? Colour?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9028
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2598

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 6:52 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Did she say "I don't like [company name]"?noish "I don't like working for [name]"? noish"[name] is..."? yope "[the problem with [name] is..."? no

Does the company name contain the word latino? no Black? no Brown? yes Colour? no

This is close enough for me to declare a
******** SPOILER *************
Geneva, like me, works for Brown University. One day she complains loudly in a restaurant, "I'm so sick of Brown people," & is met with horrified, hostile stares. This is not a true story, but it is based on an anecdote from a colleague to whom someone said in a restaurant, "Oh, you Brown people!" Sorry it was so easy; please check out its replacement, which won't be -- I think.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: