[BeachBum] No excuses needed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2013 » [BeachBum] No excuses needed « Previous Next »

Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 597
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was looking forward to this project, because it seemed similar to something else that I've done before. Turns out I can't do it by myself. And it's a good thing something wasn't inside it at the time!
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5727
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inside: a building? A vehicle? An object?
Something: anything? Something valuable? Something that shouldn't be destroyed?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 606
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inside: a building? Yes A vehicle? An object?
Something: anything? Something valuable? Yes Something that shouldn't be destroyed? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5730
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the building destroyed? Were you trying to do the thing by yourself? Was nothing inside? Was a person inside? would a person inside have been in danger? Was the project to: build something? Make something? Destroy something? Do something? An event?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 611
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the building destroyed? No Were you trying to do the thing by yourself? Yes Was nothing inside? There were things inside but only the "it" in the puzzle would have been a problem, if it were inside Was a person inside? No would a person inside have been in danger? Probably not, but then again very possibly Was the project to: build something? No Make something? No Destroy something? No Do something? Yes An event? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5734
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the thing have been: destroyed? Damaged? Moved? Lost? Was it a car? Bigger? Smaller? Is the building a garage? Are you renovating? Did something fall down? Roof work relevant? Is it a home improvement project?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 613
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Clarification - Only the "something" (not "it") in the puzzle (the thing inside the building) would have been a problem
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 619
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the thing have been: destroyed? Damaged? Moved? Lost? No to all

Was it a car? Errm,, yes indeed it is, you rackum frackum...
Bigger? Smaller? Is the building a garage? Well, it is an attached garage Are you renovating? Did something fall down? Roof work relevant? Is it a home improvement project? I would call it a home repair project. I think that you have this one nailed.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5743
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the car have become stuck inside the garage? Were you working on the garage door? Was something too heavy for you to handle alone?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 623
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the car have become stuck inside the garage?
Yes indeed

**** SPOILER *****

A few days ago, I was pulling up to my garage, and used the remote to open it, only this time it wouldn't open. So my car is now parked outside for the time being. Turns out that the wire cabling that's attached to pulleys and a spring and to my garage door, snapped.

I took a look and thought, hey, this is not unlike the standing rigging on a sailboat - it should be an easy and fun project! That is, until I factored in the enormous tension that the spring would be under, and the fact that I couldn't lift the door manually to release the tension. So I have called in the pros.

Funny enough, when I was considering doing the repair myself, I had a friend over to look at it, and she commented that it's lucky that this didn't happen in winter, where I would have to (horror of horrors) brush the snow off my car.
I thought about this for a few seconds before I realised what would really have been bad: What if the thing broke when my car was inside the garage?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: