[BeachBum] Deserted Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2013 » [BeachBum] Deserted « Previous Next »

Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 598
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A foot and a smell caused me to halt the proceedings.
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 586
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, I'll be obvious.
Are the foot and the smell connected?
Is the 'foot' the human pedal extremity, or a foot on a ruler, or an animal foot?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, I'll be obvious.
Are the foot and the smell connected?
Yesish, but the smell was not coming from the foot!

Is the 'foot' the human pedal extremity This, or a foot on a ruler, or an animal foot?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 361
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the foot attached to a live human?
A HAM? HAF? relevant?
was the smell objectionable?
a gas leak?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 603
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the foot attached to a live human? Yes
A HAM? HAF? relevant? An adult
was the smell objectionable? To me it was, but beware of the dreaded false assumptions
a gas leak? No
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 604
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the foot attached to a live human? Yes
A HAM? HAF? relevant? An adult
was the smell objectionable? To me it was, but beware of the dreaded false assumptions
a gas leak? No
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 605
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And unlike the puzzle host, you don't need to double-post your questions ...
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5731
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smell from: person? Animal? Smoke/fire? Exhaust? Decomposition? Heat? Solvents/paint? Flowers? Plants? Perfume? Gas? Petroleum or petroleum products? Sewage? Spices? Food?
Was the foot in the wrong place? Was the owner of the foot in danger? In an embarrassing position? Was the foot clothed? Naked? Injured?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 612
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smell from: person? Animal? Smoke/fire? Not technically smoke but OTRT Exhaust? Decomposition? Heat? Yes Solvents/paint? Flowers? Plants? Perfume? Gas? Petroleum or petroleum products? I think so - too lazy to google Sewage? Spices? Food?

Was the foot in the wrong place? Yes Was the owner of the foot in danger? Noish In an embarrassing position? A little bit, perhaps Was the foot clothed? Naked? Injured? The foot was in a shoe and perfectly functional
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5736
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not smoke: vapor? From a smoke machine? Was it visible? Flammable? Was it from a spray bottle? Heat source: body heat? Sun? Electric heater? Gas heater? Hot water? Fire? Combustion engine? Was there a relevant noise? Did the foot cause the smell by being in the wrong place? Did you see the foot? Was it your foot? Did the owner of the foot step on something relevant? Step through something relevant? Break something relevant? activate a relevant device?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not smoke: vapor? From a smoke machine? Was it visible? Flammable? Was it from a spray bottle? Heat source: body heat? Sun? Electric heater? Gas heater? Hot water? Fire? Combustion engine? This, indirectly

Was there a relevant noise? Yope Did the foot cause the smell by being in the wrong place? Yes Did you see the foot? Yes Was it your foot? No Did the owner of the foot step on something relevant? Yes Step through something relevant? No Break something relevant? No activate a relevant device? I guess you could say this
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5739
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step on a gas pedal? Squeal some tires? Is the smell from smoking tires? Is there a race? Did someone start too early? Did they step on the wrong pedal?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step on a gas pedal? Uh, yeah but don't we all? Squeal some tires? Is the smell from smoking tires? No and no

Is there a race? Did someone start too early?
No to these as well

Did they step on the wrong pedal? Technically, as far as I remember, no, but (curse you Galfisk), OTRT
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 621
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Step on a gas pedal? Uh, yeah but don't we all? Squeal some tires? Is the smell from smoking tires? No and no

Is there a race? Did someone start too early?
No to these as well

Did they step on the wrong pedal? Technically, as far as I remember, no, but (curse you Galfisk), OTRT
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 5742
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the smell from rubber? Was the heat caused by friction? Did the foot step on a pedal? Car pedal? Brake pedal? Clutch? Gas? Did the person with the foot do something wrong? Not know how to do something right? Was this person involved in the proceedings? Were you? Were anyone else?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 628
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the smell from rubber? Was the heat caused by friction? Did the foot step on a pedal? Car pedal? Brake pedal? Clutch? Gas? Did the person with the foot do something wrong? Not know how to do something right? Was this person involved in the proceedings? Were you? Were anyone else?

****** SPOILER *****!

This is probably a bit US centric, but I was attempting to teach someone how to drive a manual transmission. Out of nervousness, I think, she was riding the clutch, and to my detriment, I neglected to tell her that the clutch pedal should either be slammed to the floor, or smoothly but quickly let up. And once you're in gear, get that foot away! I think that my teachiing mistake was that we should have spent a good half hour with her finding the friction point and getting moving without pressing on the gas pedal.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: