[Balin] Call me maybe Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - July 2013 » [Balin] Call me maybe « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18511
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"That could have been suspicious," I said to the embarrassed girl.
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin, you got that stupid song stuck in my head (I'm a teenage girl, too. I can taste the irony). CURSE YOU BALIN THE LTPF-ER!
The girl: HCF? HTF? HAF? Age relevant? If so: 0-5? 6-10? 11-15? 16-20? 21-25? 26-30? 31 or older?
I=you, Balin=HAM?
That=some sort of action? If so, one the girl did? One that you did?
Does this puzzle have anything to do with the song "Call Me Maybe" sung by Carly Rae Jepsen?
I had to look up her name.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3593
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The girl = someone you know? If so, a relative? friend? classmate? someone from church?

Did you say it to her in person?

Other people involved?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 6137
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin has gotten songs stuck in my head before, but since I haven't been exposed to this song yet, it hasn't happened to me this time. *smug smile*
Kyeannpepper (Kyeannpepper)
Username: Kyeannpepper

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*blinks eyes incredulously* Seriously? I didn't know it was possible to live in today's society and not hear that song at some point! Count yourself lucky.... I don't listen to it of my own volition, a friend of mine enjoys playing it when cleaning her room.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 6149
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the other hand, "Firework" and "Dynamite"...*pokes balin kitteh* =P
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18517
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin, you got that stupid song stuck in my head (I'm a teenage girl, too. I can taste the irony). CURSE YOU BALIN THE LTPF-ER! *evil grin* Believe it or not, when posting this puzzle I did NOT have the song stuck in my head. I just thought it worked as a title.
The girl: HCF? HTF? This HAF? Age relevant? If so: 0-5? 6-10? 11-15? 16-20? 17-18 21-25? 26-30? 31 or older?
I=you, Balin=HAM? Yes
That=some sort of action? Yope If so, one the girl did? Yes One that you did? No
Does this puzzle have anything to do with the song "Call Me Maybe" sung by Carly Rae Jepsen? No
I had to look up her name.

The girl = someone you know? No If so, a relative? friend? classmate? someone from church?

Did you say it to her in person? Yes

Other people involved? Yes, one other H-same age-F
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5844
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That: something she said? That: something that could be misinterpreted?
Deholmes (Deholmes)
Username: Deholmes

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A flirting action? Did the action involve the other girl?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18522
Posted on Friday, May 03, 2013 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That: something she said? No That: something that could be misinterpreted? Yes

A flirting action? No Did the action involve the other girl? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 5896
Posted on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is an object involved? A packaged object? A hidden object? Misinterpreted as: criminal? Hostile? Overly friendly? Stupid? Embarrassing?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18528
Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is an object involved? Yes A packaged object? No A hidden object? No
Misinterpreted as: criminal? Hostile? Overly friendly? Stupid? Embarrassing? This

Correction: The action did NOT involve the other girl
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3644
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where this happened? If so, indoors? outdoors? private residence? public place? if the latter, on the street? school? church? store? restaurant? theatre? gym? public transport?

Did the two girls know each other? Relevant? Did you know the second girl? Relevant?

Phones relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18546
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant where this happened? If so, indoors? This outdoors? private residence? public place? if the latter, on the street? school? And this church? store? restaurant? theatre? And also this, actually, but that's not as relevant gym? public transport?

Did the two girls know each other? Yes Relevant? Yes Did you know the second girl? No Relevant? Not really

Phones relevant? Yes
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3667
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was girl 1 (the embarrassed girl; can we call her Amy?) on the phone? Was girl 2 (can we call her Beth?)? Were you?

Did this happen during a class/lecture?

Ringtones relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18551
Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was girl 1 (the embarrassed girl; can we call her Amy?) on the phone? Was girl 2 (can we call her Beth?)? Were you? Those sound like good names, but No to the phones

Did this happen during a class/lecture? No

Ringtones relevant? No
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3700
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were all three of you in the same place when this happened?

Is your phone relevant? Amy's? Beth's? Someone else's? Phones in general?

Texting relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18568
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were all three of you in the same place when this happened? Yope/Yesish

Is your phone relevant? Amy's? This, No to rest Beth's? Someone else's? Phones in general?

Texting relevant? No
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy was neither talking on the phone nor texting when the situation happened, right? Was she using her phone at all? Was she taking a picture? a video?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18571
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 4:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amy was neither talking on the phone nor texting when the situation happened, right? Right. Was she using her phone at all? I don't actually know (and this is relevant), but assume No Was she taking a picture? a video?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3730
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you see Amy when this happened? Could she see you? Could you see Beth? Could she see you? Could Amy see Beth? Could Beth see Amy?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18573
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you see Amy when this happened? For part of the sequence of events; when I said the thing, yes Could she see you? Same Could you see Beth? For pretty much the entire time, with one short exception Could she see you? Same Could Amy see Beth? For as long as I could see Amy Could Beth see Amy? Same
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3746
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... could we have a recap and/or hint? I feel lost.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18577
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... could we have a recap and/or hint? I feel lost. Sure. Not much has actually been figured out yet.

RECAP with a slight HINT:

Amy, Beth, and I were all inside. Amy was in a relevant location, undetermined. Amy's phone is relevant, but any calls/texts/etc are not.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3780
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant how long the sequence of events was in total? If so, less than a minute? less than 10? less than half an hour? more than that?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18590
Posted on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant how long the sequence of events was in total? If so, less than a minute? About a minute, maybe a hair more less than 10? less than half an hour? more than that?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3786
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Amy do anything with her phone? Drop it? Lose it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18595
Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Amy do anything with her phone? Drop it? Lose it? Yes to all! She left it at the [location].
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3788
Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you find it? Did Beth?

This is taking place at school, right? Did she left it at a location within the school? If so, a classroom? cafeteria? library? hallway? bathroom [if it's that, I assume it wasn't you who found it!]?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18600
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you find it? Yes Did Beth?

This is taking place at school, right? Yes Did she left it at a location within the school? Yes If so, a classroom? cafeteria? library? hallway? bathroom Yes [if it's that, I assume it wasn't you who found it!]? But I did find it...
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So she left it in the men's bathroom? Did she actually go in there? Did she give it to someone else who went in there? or did it somehow slide/fall/otherwise wind up in there without a person moving it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18603
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So she left it in the men's bathroom? Yes Did she actually go in there? Yes Did she give it to someone else who went in there? or did it somehow slide/fall/otherwise wind up in there without a person moving it?

****SPOILER****

Before a choir concert, I went to use the bathroom in the (empty-at-the-time) music building, only to be stopped by one girl who informed me that her (female) friend was in there, as they couldn't find the women's room. After the girl left the room and started walking away, I went into the bathroom and found her phone on the floor. I quickly hurried out, got their attention, and gave the phone back, informing her that it could have been embarrassing (it was obviously a girl's phone, as it had a glittery light blue case).

Nice work everyone, and nice solve Biograd. New puzzle coming up.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: