[Doriana] Can't handle the tooth Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Doriana] Can't handle the tooth « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3725
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How did the tooth fairy help me solve an LTPF puzzle?
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 733
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 5:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you take the money that the tooth fairy left you, to bribe someone to solve an LTPF puzzle for you?

Did the tooth fairy help you after the puzzle was posted? Or before?

Did you believe in the tooth fairy at any point in your life? If so, did you believe in the tooth fairy during your early years?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3728
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you take the money that the tooth fairy left you, to bribe someone to solve an LTPF puzzle for you? hehe, no

Did the tooth fairy help you after the puzzle was posted? this Or before?

Did you believe in the tooth fairy at any point in your life? yes, but irrel If so, did you believe in the tooth fairy during your early years? yes, but irrel
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 738
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 5:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the idea of the tooth fairy lead you to ask questions that you would not otherwise have thought of?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2401
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you visit a dentist recently?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3732
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the idea of the tooth fairy lead you to ask questions that you would not otherwise have thought of? yope

Did you visit a dentist recently? no (Thanks for reminding me - I have to make an appointment...)
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2403
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the tooth fairy an actual, living, person?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3741
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the tooth fairy an actual, living, person? yope, explore
Olive80 (Olive80)
Username: Olive80

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the tooth fairy verbally speak to you while helping you solve the puzzle?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4085
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

don't be silly! of course the tooth fairy's real! next thing you'll be saying there's no Father Christmas!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3749
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the tooth fairy verbally speak to you while helping you solve the puzzle? no

don't be silly! of course the tooth fairy's real! next thing you'll be saying there's no Father Christmas! I... I don't know how to break it to you... but... but... there is no Father Christmas =(
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2407
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm.. : ) The tooth fairy: H? A? M? or rather female? Someone you personally know?

I am trying to make a distinction here between - e.g. my friend Joe and the Associated Press
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18579
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is any sort of mascot relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3752
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm.. : ) The tooth fairy: H? A? M? yes to all or rather female? no Someone you personally know? no

Is any sort of mascot relevant? no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the tooth fairy physically present with you? Seen in a picture? In an advertisement? Online? On some other media?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3755
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the tooth fairy physically present with you? Seen in a picture? In an advertisement? Online? no to all of these On some other media? yes!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A video of some kind? An audio recording, such as a radio show?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3757
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A video of some kind? yope An audio recording, such as a radio show? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4090
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

on the interweb? youtube?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4091
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

on the interweb? youtube?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3762
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

on the interweb? youtube? no to both, although you could probably find it on the interwebz
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3785
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT or BLOOPER
"Seen in a picture?" should be YES if by "picture" Ciaobella meant 'motion picture'.
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 888
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Tooth Fairy movie relevant? The comedy? horror movie? Is "The Rock" relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3872
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Tooth Fairy movie relevant? yes The comedy? yes horror movie? Is "The Rock" relevant? very!

Thanks for finally asking questions on this one!
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 890
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So The Rock helped you solve an LTPF puzzle, eh? Does the help he gave specifically have to do with that movie? or is it just him?

Does "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?" have any relevance? Some characteristic of him? Something regarding his time as a wrestler?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3874
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So The Rock helped you solve an LTPF puzzle, eh? not directly, but laterally, yes Does the help he gave specifically have to do with that movie? noish or is it just him? yesish

Does "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?" have any relevance? no Some characteristic of him? yes Something regarding his time as a wrestler? no
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 898
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, his physical appearance? his muscleyness? his ethnic background? his personality? his wealth? his sense of humor? the fact that people think he looks like Vin Diesel? his appearances in other movies?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3879
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, his physical appearance? his muscleyness? his ethnic background? this; no to rest his personality? his wealth? his sense of humor? the fact that people think he looks like Vin Diesel? his appearances in other movies?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 899
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethnic background -- Samoan? Canadian?

What about his ethnic background helped -- knowing specifically his ethnic background? or is this where we make the lateral leap and it's some knowledge about the ethnic background (or location?) itself, rather than knowledge specifically about The Rock's ethnic background that helped you?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3880
Posted on Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethnic background -- Samoan? this Canadian?

What about his ethnic background helped -- knowing specifically his ethnic background? or is this where we make the lateral leap and it's some knowledge about the ethnic background (or location? this! I only had this piece of knowledge because...) itself, rather than knowledge specifically about The Rock's ethnic background that helped you?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 915
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have this piece of information because of another lateral puzzle? because you had looked up The Rock at some point? and gotten interested in Samoa? so did some research on it? because you are one of a rare breed of Scandinavian Samoans :-) ?

Did you find out this piece of knowledge through TV? movies? newspapers/magazines? the internet? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3893
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have this piece of information because of another lateral puzzle? no because you had looked up The Rock at some point? yes, while watching the Tooth Fairy movie and gotten interested in Samoa? yes so did some research on it? If reading the wikipedia article counts as research, then yes because you are one of a rare breed of Scandinavian Samoans :-) ? hehe, no

Did you find out this piece of knowledge through TV? movies? newspapers/magazines? the internet? this, wikipedia Relevant? somewhat

Great round of questions! What was is that I found out about Samoa that helped me solve the LTPF puzzle?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 919
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its location? the fact that it is made up of islands? the difference btwn it and American Samoa? its relationship to a certain nommy Girl Scout cookie :-) ? something about tattoos? something about its geography? climate? politics? demographics? economy? capital? culture?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 920
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and yes, I consider wikipedia research, especially in this context... not *scientific* research or anything, and should generally be taken with a grain of salt, but definitely a good place to find an intro to a lot of topics.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3895
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its location? the fact that it is made up of islands? the difference btwn it and American Samoa? its relationship to a certain nommy Girl Scout cookie :-) ? something about tattoos? something about its geography? climate? politics? demographics? economy? capital? culture? yope to "politics", no to rest
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 925
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laws? or system of justice? (if so, please smack me for total failure to realize the clue in the title)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3908
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laws? or system of justice? (if so, please smack me for total failure to realize the clue in the title) no, OTWT

HINT: The puzzle that I solved had nothing to do with Samoa, and yet a piece of information I had about Samoa was helpful.
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the change from right hand to left hand traffic in Samoa relevant?
(I think there was a puzzle a while ago about the traffic side change in Sweden .. though, I don't remember who had posted it)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3918
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the change from right hand to left hand traffic in Samoa relevant?
(I think there was a puzzle a while ago about the traffic side change in Sweden .. though, I don't remember who had posted it) YES! Time for the

********SPOILER********

A while ago, The Tooth Fairy, a comedy starring The Rock, was on TV. While I was watching it, I started wondering about The Rock's ethnic background, so I looked him up on wikipedia. Out of curiosity, I also read the article about Samoa, which (at least in the German version) talks about their switch from right hand to left hand traffic some years ago.

Shortly after, Solo1 posted a puzzle "Timing is everything", and reading through the questions and answers, something rang a bell with me and I remembered the Samoa article. So I made a half-wide guess, and it turned out I was right!

Thanks, dear Tooth Fairy, for helping me!
And thanks for playing, especially to Kalira who was so patient with this one, and to Sundowner who finished it off.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: