[Doriana] Bloody Hell Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Doriana] Bloody Hell « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3735
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Why don't you go donate blood?"

True story that happened to yours truly Doriana kitteh.
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 648
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you anemic? or the opposite, have too much iron in your blood? (I know someone who does, and he has to be bled every so often.) Are you low on funds, and someone suggests you could raise money this way?
Geography relevant?
Ostap (Ostap)
Username: Ostap

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is someone saying that to you? Are you saying that to someone? to yourself?
Does the one who says this actually think you should go donate blood? instead of doing something else?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3736
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you anemic? or the opposite, have too much iron in your blood? (I know someone who does, and he has to be bled every so often.) no to both
Are you low on funds, noish... and someone suggests you could raise money this way? but yes
Geography relevant? no

Is someone saying that to you? yes Are you saying that to someone? to yourself?
Does the one who says this actually think you should go donate blood? yes instead of doing something else? yope
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2402
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go to donate blood? Relevant? Was the question asked in response to something you said? Something you did?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3742
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you go to donate blood? no (I'm not allowed to for medical resons, but even if I was allowed, I probably wouldn't have gone) Relevant? somewhat Was the question asked in response to something you said? noish Something you did? yesish
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 650
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the puzzle involve food? e.g. the blood-drawers give you a cookie or something after you have donated?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3748
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the puzzle involve food? no e.g. the blood-drawers give you a cookie or something after you have donated? so, no
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just want to make sure I understand, so please correct me if any of this is wrong: In response to something you did, someone suggested that you donate blood. The person's idea is that you would receive money for your donation and that the money would somehow help your situation. Is that correct?

Did the thing you did give the appearance that you needed money? Did the person expect that there might be some non-financial benefit to donating blood? Is it relevant that not all blood donation centers pay the donors? (Where I live, you can be paid for plasma donation, but not a regular blood donation.)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3756
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just want to make sure I understand, so please correct me if any of this is wrong: In response to something you did, someone suggested that you donate blood. The person's idea is that you would receive money for your donation and that the money would somehow help your situation. Is that correct? 100% correct, although there's something missing at the beginning of the chain of events that triggered my behaviour

Did the thing you did give the appearance that you needed money? yesish Did the person expect that there might be some non-financial benefit to donating blood? irrel Is it relevant that not all blood donation centers pay the donors? not relevant (Where I live, you can be paid for plasma donation, but not a regular blood donation.)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the person someone you know? Relevant?
Were you in a public place? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3758
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the person someone you know? no Relevant? yes
Were you in a public place? yes Relevant? yes
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you ask for money in order - say - to buy a transportation ticket? Did you ask for some other favor?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3763
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you ask for money FA in order - say - to buy a transportation ticket? no, but very OTRT Did you ask for some other favor? FA
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2411
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the FA the fact that you actually didn't _asked_ for anything? Maybe your actions seemed to imply that you look for something (like putting your purse upside-down and searcing through the myriad items inside : - ) ?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3767
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the FA the fact that you actually didn't _asked_ for anything? exactly Maybe your actions seemed to imply that you look for something (like putting your purse upside-down and searcing through the myriad items inside : - ) ? hehe. Yes, I was indeed looking for something, but another action of mine is even more relevant
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2412
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be helpful to determine where the fact happened? If so: on the street? In a public transportation station (train, bus, tram, etc)? In a church? A museum? A library? A concert hall? A market? At a private party?

If considered relevant and not one of the above, please suggest which one would be OTRT, if any
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3773
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be helpful to determine where the fact happened? very If so: on the street? In a public transportation station (train, bus, tram, etc)? not a station, but... In a church? A museum? A library? A concert hall? A market? At a private party?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2413
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you in a vehicle? At the place of an accident involving a vehicle?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3775
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you in a vehicle? yes, on a train At the place of an accident involving a vehicle? no
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2414
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you caught without a ticket? \i My favourite sport : - )

Did you want to buy something from the bar? From some service person?

As a side note, I remember when I first left the country, more than 20 years ago, bound for Ulm in Germany, and, in the Vienna - Paris train, I had an urge to eat something and got to the restaurant wagon and asked for a hotdog with mustard. Hotdog - ok - but mustard was something impossible to detail to the big, handsome, German guy in front of me. I chose English, French, Italian... nothing. I asked repeatedly for mustard and the answer was inevitably "Senf?" Thank to that guy, I learned another word : - )
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3776
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you caught without a ticket? yes! (This puzzle happens to be inspired by your recent puzzle...) \i My favourite sport : - )

Did you want to buy something from the bar? From some service person? no to both
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2415
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you try to argue with the ticket inspector? To explain to him that you have no money to buy it? Or maybe that you bought it but forget to validate it? That you left it in the other purse which is it now at home?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3777
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you try to argue with the ticket inspector? To explain to him that you have no money to buy it? Or maybe that you bought it but forget to validate it? That you left it in the other purse which is it now at home? no to all
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3778
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There might be an FA about who uttered the sentence...
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random passenger? ticket inspector? someone else aboard the train? elsewhere?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3782
Posted on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random passenger? this. H/A/F sitting next to me ticket inspector? someone else aboard the train? elsewhere?
Mimino (Mimino)
Username: Mimino

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to buy a ticket on the train? Did you want to pay by credit card? but the ticket inspector accepted only cash?
Is there a relevant reason why the other man suggested you to donate blood? (and not any other way of getting money)
Was there a blood donation station on the train? in the station you were passing at this moment?
Did he work for a blood donation center?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3783
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to buy a ticket on the train? Did you want to pay by credit card? but the ticket inspector accepted only cash? no to all, might be an FA
Is there a relevant reason why the other man suggested you to donate blood? (and not any other way of getting money) yesish
Was there a blood donation station on the train? in the station you were passing at this moment?
Did he work for a blood donation center? but no to all
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2418
Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how the other person noticed that you lack the ticket? Did you say something? To someone else? To yourself? Curse the government / the ticket machine? Were you acting nervous?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3787
Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how the other person noticed that you lack the ticket? yes Did you say something? {yes} To someone else? to the ticket inspector To yourself? Curse the government / the ticket machine? no Were you acting nervous? noish, but might be OTRT. And there still might be an FA
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2419
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FA: Did somebody actually ask you for the ticket?

Was the ticket inspector merely asking one or the other and you felt the need to say that you do not have a ticket?

Were you traveling with someone you knew and want to protect?

To explain my last question: sometimes when I travel with my wife - unlike me, a very law-abiding person - I buy one ticket, explaining to her that this ticket is for her and that I can kick-and-run faster. In 13 years, nobody said anything, but who knows, in the future.... : - )
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3789
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FA: Did somebody actually ask you for the ticket? yes, the ticket inspector asked me for it

Was the ticket inspector merely asking one or the other and you felt the need to say that you do not have a ticket? no, same FA

Were you traveling with someone you knew and want to protect? no, I was travelling alone

To explain my last question: sometimes when I travel with my wife - unlike me, a very law-abiding person HINT: I'm a very law-abiding person too - I buy one ticket, explaining to her that this ticket is for her and that I can kick-and-run faster. In 13 years, nobody said anything, but who knows, in the future.... : - )
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18601
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you in fact say that you did not have a ticket?
Did you need a ticket for the train?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3790
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you in fact say that you did not have a ticket? yes
Did you need a ticket for the train? yes
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2420
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the ticket inspector ask you some other questions? (Like, e.g., "Why don't you have the ticket?", "Do you know that is forbidden to take the train without a ticket?")

Did you say anything of relevance (besides acknowledging that you don't have a ticket)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3796
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the ticket inspector ask you some other questions? no (Like, e.g., "Why don't you have the ticket?", "Do you know that is forbidden to take the train without a ticket?")

Did you say anything of relevance (besides acknowledging that you don't have a ticket)? no

The FA doesn't have to do with the situation itself, but with what happened before.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3808
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a RECAP

I was on a train and a ticket inspector asked me for my ticket. I didn't have one and told him so. The lady sitting next me suggested that I go donate blood in order to be able to pay the fine.

Two more aspects are missing: One thing that happened before(ish) the situation and one more thing that happened during the situation. Also, why did the lady think I was low on funds?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18612
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have any money on you?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3813
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have any money on you? yes, but not enough to pay the fine on the spot
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2421
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

During the situation: Did you ask for some money from the lady who was next to you (in order to pay the fine)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3814
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

During the situation: Did you ask for some money from the lady who was next to you (in order to pay the fine)? no. It didn't involve speaking.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2422
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you look anxious? Did you face the lady and make a gesture ("give me some money")? Did you faint?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3816
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you look anxious? possibly Did you face the lady and make a gesture ("give me some money")? Did you faint? no to rest
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lady thought you to be low on funds by your look? outfit? What you did before the inspector asked you for the ticket? In the middle?

The prejudice the lady held was formed before the awkward moment or after the inspector asked?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3830
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lady thought you to be low on funds by your look? yes! outfit? yes! What you did before the inspector asked you for the ticket? no In the middle? please clarify

The prejudice the lady held was formed before the awkward moment or after the inspector asked? probably both

The FA is still not cleared up.
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hadn't visited the forum in a long while. Would someone tell me what FA means please~~ lol

the lady saw you wear less than ordinary people in the cold of winter? thought you were rather strong to give some blood?

or outfit means some words/photo/pic/sign/any design your garment bore?

your earings? necklace? shoes?.....
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3836
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hadn't visited the forum in a long while. Would someone tell me what FA means please~~ lol FA means 'false assumption'. I think you guys have an underlying assumption about the chain of events that makes it harder to solve the puzzle. HINT: Try to reconstrucht the whole scenario chronologically.

the lady saw you wear less than ordinary people in the cold of winter? no thought you were rather strong to give some blood? no

or outfit means some words/photo/pic/sign/any design your garment bore? no

your earings? necklace? shoes?..... Just my outfit in general. Let's say I must have looked rather bum-ish to the lady - I was wearing washed-out jeans, a loose-fitting cardigan and old, somewhat dirty sneakers.
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 887
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing that the FA is that you did not buy a ticket before getting on the train. Did you actually buy a ticket before getting on the train? and therefore were trying to find it in your bag, thinking you had one? and just couldn't find it when you were asked to produce it?

Reconstructing scenario:
You bought a ticket
You got on the train (immediately thereafter? does it matter? did you forget the ticket at home [if you didn't immediately get on the train]?)
You sat next to opinion-y lady
The ticket inspector came by
You attempted to find your ticket and failed to do so
Opinion-y lady made a comment
You got fined

Is the above still missing those two aspects you said we were missing?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3873
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing that the FA is that you did not buy a ticket before getting on the train. No, I did indeed not buy a ticket Did you actually buy a ticket before getting on the train? and therefore were trying to find it in your bag, thinking you had one? and just couldn't find it when you were asked to produce it? so, no

Reconstructing scenario:
You bought a ticket no
You got on the train yes (immediately thereafter? does it matter? did you forget the ticket at home [if you didn't immediately get on the train]?)
You sat next to opinion-y lady yes
The ticket inspector came by yes
You attempted to find your ticket and failed to do so yes - why did I do this although I didn't have a ticket in the first place?
Opinion-y lady made a comment
You got fined those two are reversed

Is the above still missing those two aspects you said we were missing? yes, one at the beginning (cf. my annotations above) and one that led to the lady's comment. One reason for the comment was my bum-ish appearance, and the other...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 18643
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think you had bought a ticket?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3875
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think you had bought a ticket? YES! FA cleared up. Now only one thing is missing.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 897
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reason (other than bum-ish appearance) for comment: Was it something you said? did? some characteristic about you? Something the ticket inspector did? said?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3877
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reason (other than bum-ish appearance) for comment: Was it something you said? did? this some characteristic about you? Something the ticket inspector did? said?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2428
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you stand up and walk to the door, in order to get off and buy a ticket? Did you put your purse upside-down in your lap trying to find the missing ticket?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3892
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you stand up and walk to the door, in order to get off and buy a ticket? Did you put your purse upside-down in your lap trying to find the missing ticket? no to both
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 912
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did whatever you do involve blood? Nicked your finger? Got a nosebleed? Hit your head?

Just figuring maybe your ending up bleeding might have brought blood donation to her mind.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3894
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did whatever you do involve blood? no Nicked your finger? Got a nosebleed? Hit your head?

Just figuring maybe your ending up bleeding might have brought blood donation to her mind. good thinking, but there was no blood involved
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 926
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something so simple as you blushed?

If not, does the thing you did involve only you/your body? you coming into contact with an object? you coming into contact with another person?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3909
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something so simple as you blushed? even worse than that - I started crying. I guess we have enough for the $poyler, see below

If not, does the thing you did involve only you/your body? you coming into contact with an object? you coming into contact with another person?

********SPOILER********

I've always had a government-issued transportation ticket, except for the short period of time between the end of my volunteer service and the beginning of college.

During that time, I took the train to my college town in order to enroll in university. I was so excited for the whole thing that I totally forgot to buy a train ticket. Of course, a ticket inspector came round, and he caught be totally off guard. Only in that moment did I realize I didn't have a ticket, and I was fined 40. This upset me more than it should have, and I started crying.

The lady next to me must have misinterpreted my crying - in combination with my somewhat bum-ish appearance - as a sign that I didn't have the money to pay the fine. She looked at me and said, in all sincerity, "Why don't you go donate blood? They pay 25".

Of course, that didn't make me feel better at all...

Nice second solve in a row, Kalira, and thanks for being so patient with this one, Kalira, Rbruma, Balin et. al.!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: