[Rbruma] Getting old Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Rbruma] Getting old « Previous Next »

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2404
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because I was accused of being a post-modern Nazi and a post-modern Zionist in about the same time, I took a decision unanimously held as being not modern at all

True and a bit silly story. I = your's truly
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3744
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you accused of the two things by the same person?
Relevant who accused you of it? If so, a relative? friend? acquaintance? work mate? stranger?
Were you accused of it because of something you said? something you did?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2405
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you accused of the two things by the same person? No
Relevant who accused you of it? Somewhat If so, a relative? friend? This one acquaintance? work mate? stranger?
Were you accused of it because of something you said? No something you did? Yessish, beware FA
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4088
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

something you didn't do?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2406
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

something you didn't do? No, something I did
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18581
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This should be interesting...

By "not modern" do you mean "ancient"? "Quaint"? "Futuristic"?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2408
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By "not modern" do you mean "ancient"? "Quaint"? Probably this, old fashioned "Futuristic"?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4092
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the decision you made not to pay them any attention? not to care? to maintain a dignified silence?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2410
Posted on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the decision you made not to pay them any attention? not to care? to maintain a dignified silence? No to all
Marcelainus13 (Marcelainus13)
Username: Marcelainus13

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brogue kick ?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2417
Posted on Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brogue kick ? Hehe, no
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2424
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since it is almost a month from the last question, it is time to put this baby to rest. So:

******* SPOILER *******
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 153
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rbruma

I know it's frustating when you don't get any questions on a puzzle but maybe you could post a recap and announce that you've done so in the chatroom.

If you really want to spoyle the puzzle then maybe you could post the solution
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rbruma, I wasn't here for most of this puzzle, but I would like to work on it some, if you don't want to just drop it. In case this is not actually going to be spoiled...

Did someone accuse you of these things because they misinterpreted what you did? Were you accused of being a Nazi because they thought something you did was racist? war-mongering?

Is the 'post-modern' appellation simply to do with the fact that it is past the heyday of those groups? or is there something more there that we need to delve into?

Did one thing you did lead to both accusations? or are there actually two (or more) actions involved?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2425
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter,

It's not much to recap, but just to re-post the statement:

Because I was accused of being a post-modern Nazi and a post-modern Zionist in about the same time, I took a decision unanimously held as being not modern at all

Kalira,

Did someone accuse you of these things because they misinterpreted what you did? Yope Were you accused of being a Nazi because they thought something you did was racist? Yope war-mongering?

Is the 'post-modern' appellation simply to do with the fact that it is past the heyday of those groups? Yes or is there something more there that we need to delve into? The essential fact was where I have been accused of all these. You might want to focus on that

Did one thing you did lead to both accusations? Yes or are there actually two (or more) actions involved? Noish

}
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18647
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said that a friend made the accusation, but also that the same person did not make both accusations. Was each accusation made by a different friend? Were both accusers present when you did the action?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 896
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your reaction to the first accusation what led to your being accused of the second?

Was whatever you did related to Jews? Israel? Or was it interpreted by your friend(s) as being related to either?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2426
Posted on Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said that a friend made the accusation, but also that the same person No, I said that there were different persons, see above did not make both accusations. Was each accusation made by a different friend? Yes Were both accusers present when you did the action? No

Was your reaction to the first accusation what led to your being accused of the second? No, maybe a FA is present

Was whatever you did related to Jews? NoIsrael? No Or was it interpreted by your friend(s) as being related to either? This is correct!
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 904
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was either accuser present when you did the action? If so, which one? If neither was present, is it relevant how they found out about your action?

Can we assume this whole situation (your action -> accusation1 -> accusation2 -> your decision)occured within the space of about a minute or so from start to finish? If not, was there a significant span of time between your action and the first accusation? between the first and second accusations? between the accusations and your decision?

Was the second accusation a reaction to the first? (e.g. Accuser 1 made his/her accusation, and Accuser 2 begged to differ and had his/her own conclusion [accusation 2])
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2427
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was either accuser present when you did the action? If so, which one? If neither was present, is it relevant how they found out about your action? Neither was present, and it is somewhat relevant

Can we assume this whole situation (your action -> accusation1 -> accusation2 -> your decision) Indeed, this is the correct chain of events occured within the space of about a minute or so from start to finish? No, from the time of MY relevant action to the accusations (and between the accusations, and also between the accusations and my decision): months, if not years If not, was there a significant span of time between your action and the first accusation? between the first and second accusations? between the accusations and your decision?

Was the second accusation a reaction to the first? (e.g. Accuser 1 made his/her accusation, and Accuser 2 begged to differ and had his/her own conclusion [accusation 2]) No to these and to the rest left unanswered
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 922
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2013 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a tattoo relevant here? Any other action that would leave a permanent reminder?

Did your action affect anyone other than yourself when you did it?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2429
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a tattoo relevant here? No Any other action that would leave a permanent reminder? No or Noish

Did your action affect anyone other than yourself when you did it? No

Hint: Think online
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 923
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usernames relevant? Message board signatures? Your homepage? Is the LTPF relevant? Is a specific site relevant? A specific thing you do online?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2430
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Usernames relevant? Message board signatures? Your homepage? Is the LTPF relevant? Is a specific site relevant? Yes! A specific thing you do online? No to the rest
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3913
Posted on Friday, August 16, 2013 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

facebook relevant?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2431
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

facebook relevant? YES!

We're very close now...
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3915
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your decision to delete your facebook account?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 2432
Posted on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your decision to delete your facebook account?

Indeed it was. Not very familiar with the site, I opened an account to see how it works. After a while, I noticed that some of my friends' positions appear on my home page, some said positions being controversial. Afraid that in the near future I might be labeled as a child molester or so, I decided to close the account : - )

Thanks to all who participated and to Doriana for the final solve.

So...

******* SPOILER *******

PS - One of my closest friends told me: "If you are not on FB you don't exist!" I am not -- but I am still alive : - )

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: