[Doriana] Neo Time! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Doriana] Neo Time! « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Friday, July 05, 2013 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most of you probably have at least one chacks. I have three chackses and I recently noticed something odd about mine.

What is a chacks and what did I notice?
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 670
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a chacks real and material? Could I touch it? Would it be polite for me to touch one of yours?

Or is it something figurative, or something like an idea?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3795
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a chacks real and material? yes Could I touch it? yes Would it be polite for me to touch one of yours? not if you were a stranger

Or is it something figurative, or something like an idea? no
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a chacks an article of clothing? an electronic device? a tool of some sort? a container?

Are they used primarily at home? while at work? while on the road?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3801
Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is a chacks an article of clothing? an electronic device? a tool of some sort? a container? no to all

Are they used primarily at home? while at work? while on the road? you don't use them at all
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 2423
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can a man have a chacks? Or maybe it's a woman thing?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3815
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can a man have a chacks? yes. Men might even be slightly more likely to have one or more Or maybe it's a woman thing?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4099
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it something on your body? on your skin?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3823
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it something on your body? on your skin? yes to both
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4106
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oooh! is it some kind of hair?

is it a spot? some kind of blemish? a mole?

a scar? a bruise?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3833
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2013 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oooh! is it some kind of hair?

is it a spot? some kind of blemish? a mole?

a scar? this a bruise?

no to rest
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4110
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are these operation scars? scratches? just any old scars?

are yours fading? getting smaller? bigger? changing colour?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3839
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are these operation scars? scratches? just any old scars? it's not so much the type of scar that is relevant, but...

are yours fading? getting smaller? bigger? changing colour? no to all
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 881
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant: size of scar? shape? where on the body it is? how it was obtained? when it was obtained? visibility of scar?

Is it worth pursuing why men might be slightly more likely to have one, or is that just a function of the thought that "men (generally) have more scars"?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3866
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant: size of scar? shape? where on the body it is? yes, focus on this how it was obtained? yope when it was obtained? yope visibility of scar? no to rest

Is it worth pursuing why men might be slightly more likely to have one, or is that just a function of the thought that "men (generally) have more scars"? the latter
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 883
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Narrowing it down, would the scar be located on the head/neck? torso? arms? legs?

Did you notice some odd symmetry or pattern formed between your chackses?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3869
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Narrowing it down, would the scar be located on the head/neck? torso? arms? legs? legs

Did you notice some odd symmetry or pattern formed between your chackses? yope, OTRT
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did noticing a pattern lead you to realize how you were getting the scars? like they're all at the same level and you realized you were getting all of them from smacking into the dishwasher door when it was down? or having them all in one area made you realize it was a reaction to something you didn't realize you were allergic to?

The cause of the chackses: alive? inanimate? (relevant?)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3870
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did noticing a pattern lead you to realize how you were getting the scars? like they're all at the same level and you realized you were getting all of them from smacking into the dishwasher door when it was down? or having them all in one area made you realize it was a reaction to something you didn't realize you were allergic to? no to all of these, getting somewhat OTWT

The cause of the chackses: alive? inanimate? usually this, somewhat relevant (relevant?)
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4121
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they all at the same height? in a row?

were they caused by you knocking into something? something knocking into you?

were they obtained whilst playing sport? working?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3878
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are they all at the same height? yes, because... in a row?

were they caused by you knocking into something? something knocking into you? irrel

were they obtained whilst playing sport? working? irrel, although one obtained by working wouldn't be a chacks according to a strict definition.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 903
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All at the same height because you got them the same way? you tend to be clumsy around one object in particular? you do something the same every day (or on some other scale of regularity)?

Is something you do with some regularity (temporarily?) different than it used to be, leading to your scars (e.g. you always walk down one path, but there's a construction zone there now and you accidentally trip or kick something every time forgetting it's there)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3881
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All at the same height because you got them the same way? you tend to be clumsy around one object in particular? you do something the same every day (or on some other scale of regularity)? all of the scars being at the same height is part of the definition/acronym. How exactly I got them is irrel

Is something you do with some regularity (temporarily?) different than it used to be, leading to your scars (e.g. you always walk down one path, but there's a construction zone there now and you accidentally trip or kick something every time forgetting it's there)? no
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the odd thing about these scars is that they are getting longer? Shorter? Wider? Becoming a different color? Disappearing, then reappearing?

Are the scars vertical or horizontal?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3882
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 6:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the odd thing about these scars is that they are getting longer? Shorter? Wider? Becoming a different color? Disappearing, then reappearing? no to all

Are the scars vertical or horizontal? irrel

HINT: We've established that they are on your legs, but try to be more specific.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On your shins? knees? thighs? ankles?

Are they caused by wearing a certain article of clothing? because of sitting a certain way?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3883
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On your shins? knees? this! thighs? ankles?

Are they caused by wearing a certain article of clothing? because of sitting a certain way? no, but irrel
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4126
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you get them by banging your knees on something under a desk or table?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3884
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you get them by banging your knees on something under a desk or table? irrel. The only thing left to find out is what is odd about my chackses.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 909
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[LTPF list of odd things that Doriana notices]? No? Didn't work? Damn. :-)

Any of the following relevant to why your chackses are odd:
their number?
their size?
the pattern of each one?
the pattern of all of them taken together?
their depth?
how healed they are?
what order you got them in?
their color?
what they look like when your knee is straight? bent?
some other physical property?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3885
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[LTPF list of odd things that Doriana notices]? No? Didn't work? Damn. :-) Hehe, that'd be a pretty long list...

Any of the following relevant to why your chackses are odd:
their number? It's relevant that there are 3
their size?
the pattern of each one?
the pattern of all of them taken together? thisish
their depth?
how healed they are?
what order you got them in?
their color?
what they look like when your knee is straight? bent?
some other physical property? thisish
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 911
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They don't happen to look like the Triforce when taken all together, do they?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2160
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So chacks are knee scars? any sort of knee scars whatsoever?

Is the odd thing about yours are that they look like some sort of symbol (like Kalira's guess)? that they imply something unusual about how they got there?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3886
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They don't happen to look like the Triforce when taken all together, do they? no

So chacks are knee scars? any sort of knee scars whatsoever? Yes. I think I can $poyle the acronym now, it stands for "childhood accident knee scars" and refers to the kind of scars you usually get from falling off your bike as a kid or things like that. I didn't get all of my chackses that way, so they're just knee scars in general.

Is the odd thing about yours are that they look like some sort of symbol (like Kalira's guess)? that they imply something unusual about how they got there? no to both. The odd thing is not *that* odd
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha, I don't have any chacks that I know of, but I do have a chaccs (on my chin) from when I fell off my first bike in a paved schoolyard.

Does the odd part concern which way the scars face (for instance, are they pointing UP from the kneecap, which is not usually the side that hits the ground)? Or, are they oddly close together? or far apart?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3889
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aha, I don't have any chacks that I know of, but I do have a chaccs (on my chin) from when I fell off my first bike in a paved schoolyard. yes, that's a pretty common scar to have as well... =)

Does the odd part concern which way the scars face (for instance, are they pointing UP from the kneecap, which is not usually the side that hits the ground)? no Or, are they oddly close together? yesish or far apart? no
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 924
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they all right on top of each other? Do they line up to form a longer scar than the initial one?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3907
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they all right on top of each other? yes Do they line up to form a longer scar than the initial one?

********SPOILER********

Look at your knees - you'll probably find a chacks (acronym of childhood accident knee scar) there. Chackses are all kinds of scars on your knees, no matter how you obtained them, but falling off a bike as a kid is a pretty common way to get them.

I have three chackses, and not only are all of them on the same knee, no, they're almost exactly on top of each other.

Nice work, Kalira, Biograd, Shez et. al.! Please don't forget about my other puzzles.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: