[Nimue] Diet advice Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2013 » [Nimue] Diet advice « Previous Next »

Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 9373
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When Belinda followed the advice in a diet self-help book, the result was hardly what the author intended. How come?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3837
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the author's intention that the reader loses weight? feels healthier? gets rid of allergies? detoxes?

Did Belinda misunderstand the advice?

Did she gain weight?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9380
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3837

Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 1:09 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Was the author's intention that the reader loses weight? yesfeels healthier? yes gets rid of allergies? no detoxes? no

Did Belinda misunderstand the advice? no

Did she gain weight? possibly
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3845
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the advice related to eating? If so, about what to eat? when to eat? where to eat?
Was it related to buying food? storing food? preparing food? drinking? excercising? sleeping? changing some other aspect of your lifestyle?

Is there anything relevant about Belinda that we should find out?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9388
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3845

Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 2:55 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Was the advice related to eating? yes If so, about what to eat? yesish when to eat? yeswhere to eat? no
Was it related to buying food? nostoring food? nopreparing food? nodrinking? noexcercising? no sleeping? no changing some other aspect of your lifestyle? yope

Is there anything relevant about Belinda that we should find out? noish or yope
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3846
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not eating after a certain time of day relevant?
Not eating a particular food group atfer a certain time of day relevant?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9390
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3846

Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 7:55 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Not eating after a certain time of day relevant? no
Not eating a particular food group atfer a certain time of day relevant? no
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4118
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did the advice allow "unlimited quantities of " x?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9401
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4118

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 2:48 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
did the advice allow "unlimited quantities of " x? No -- I think that would be pretty good advice, esp. if x is butter cream layer cake!!
Kdoc (Kdoc)
Username: Kdoc

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so the advice was about when to eat?

did it relate to eating between meals? eating at set times of the day? how many times a day to eat? how long to eat for? what days of the week to eat certain things? what times of the day to eat certain things?
in what situations to eat? whether to eat when other people are around? not to eat alone? when to stop eating? when to start eating?

did the advice relate to whether the food was prepared at home? or in a restaurant? take away relevant?

alcohol consumption relevant? relevant activities done at the same time as eating? or not done (e.g. don't eat when watching TV)
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9406
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1296

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 11:43 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
so the advice was about when to eat? no

did it relate to eating between meals?] yes eating at set times of the day? how many times a day to eat? no how long to eat for? nowhat days of the week to eat certain things? no what times of the day to eat certain things? no
in what situations to eat? yes whether to eat when other people are around? no not to eat alone? no when to stop eating? no when to start eating? yes

did the advice relate to whether the food was prepared at home? irrel or in a restaurant? irreltake away relevant? no morev than any other food

alcohol consumption relevant? norelevant activities done at the same time as eating? no or not done (e.g. don't eat when watching TV) no
Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the advice not to eat between meals?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9408
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1299

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:16 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
was the advice not to eat between meals?no
Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when Belinda followed the advice did she actually eat more than intended? eat less? eat the 'wrong' things? eat unhealthily? eat at odd times? eat continually? leave too much time between eating events? did she stop eating proper meals? did she eat too many snacks? did she eat special diet food?

are low fat foods relevant? low calorie foods? fruits and vegetables? sweets? cakes?

drinks relevant? tea? coffee?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9412
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1301

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:38 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
when Belinda followed the advice did she actually eat more than intended? no eat less? no eat the 'wrong' things? yeseat unhealthily? yes eat at odd times? yeseat continually? no, if you mean 'eat continuously.' Everyone eats continually!!leave too much time between eating events? nodid she stop eating proper meals? nodid she eat too many snacks?n yes did she eat special diet food? no

are low fat foods relevant? no low calorie foods? nofruits and vegetables? no sweets? yescakes? yes

drinks relevant? notea? no coffee? no-- Belinda is like me in that she hates tea, coffee, & booze & would make a good Mormon if she weren't an atheist
Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so did she actually increase the amount of 'unhealthy' food she ate? ate it instead of healthy food?

did she think the advice meant she needed this food to become healthier? or did she think that she could still be healthy despite eating large amounts of unhealthy food?

did the advice tell her when to eat cakes etc? when it was 'safe' to eat them? did it say it was OK to eat lots of unhealthy things as long as some other condition was satisfied?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9413
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kdoc (Kdoc)

Post Number: 1302

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:55 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
so did she actually increase the amount of 'unhealthy' food she ate? noate it instead of healthy food? yes but no more than she would have without the advice

did she think the advice meant she needed this food to become healthier? noor did she think that she could still be healthy despite eating large amounts of unhealthy food? irrel

did the advice tell her when to eat cakes etc? yesishwhen it was 'safe' to eat them? nodid it say it was OK to eat lots of unhealthy things as long as some other condition was satisfied? no
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2766
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she think she was being healthier, but actually wasn't? Did she change her diet at all? Did she become less healthy in some other way because she thought she was eating well, like doing less exercise?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9415
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2766

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 10:56 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Did she think she was being healthier, but actually wasn't? no Did she change her diet at all? possiblyDid she become less healthy in some other way because she thought she was eating well, like doing less exercise? no
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9426
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint: Think of a common bit of advice given to people who are prone to go on eating binges.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4122
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

eat little and often?

don't eat a lot in the evening?

drink plenty of water?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9430
Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4122

Posted on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 7:41 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
eat little and often? no

don't eat a lot in the evening? no

drink plenty of water? no
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9435
Posted on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: What's a common pop-psychology assumption about people who overeat?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4124
Posted on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that they eat too much? too often?

that they are lazy? lack willpower?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9437
Posted on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4124

Posted on Friday, August 02, 2013 - 9:51 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
that they eat too much?this is relevant but not the whole story too often?this is a bit closer

that they are lazy? irrel lack willpower? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4125
Posted on Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that they eat when they are not hungry?

that they eat for the wrong reasons? that they are greedy?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9439
Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4125

Posted on Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 10:27 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
that they eat when they are not hungry? see next answer. By the way, of course I eat when I am not hungry, just as I read when I do not need information, & I travel to places where I do not need to go. I do these things for pleasure.Is that so terrible?

that they eat for the wrong reasons? yes that they are greedy? no
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recat pleeze
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 907
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Emotional eating relevant here? or possibly rewarding oneself with food?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 91
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is depression involved? And she ate when she was depressed?

Weirdest thing happened. When I was sleeping, I dreamed about this puzzle in a Law and Order episode. What happened was that in the book, she was told to do some sort of exercise outside. People thought it was funny, looking at a person who was fat unsuccessfully try to do whatever the exercise was. She became depressed and then she started to eat more and more (I eat when I'm sad to) and that's why she gained weight.

I highly doubt this will be the answer, but I have been known to predict things in my dreams. So its worth a shot.
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9443
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 77

Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:36 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Recat pleeze
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 907

Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:13 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Emotional eating relevant here? yes or possibly rewarding oneself with food? Yes. By the way, I's all for emotional eating & for rewarding oneself with food. Butter cream layer cake is a great reward!!
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 91

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 3:51 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is depression involved?this could be relevant And she ate when she was depressed? no

Weirdest thing happened. When I was sleeping, I dreamed about this puzzle in a Law and Order episode. What happened was that in the book, she was told to do some sort of exercise outside. People thought it was funny, looking at a person who was fat unsuccessfully try to do whatever the exercise was. She became depressed and then she started to eat more and more (I eat when I'm sad to) and that's why she gained weight. I'm thrilled that one of my puzzles made it into someone's dream!!

I highly doubt this will be the answer, but I have been known to predict things in my dreams. So its worth a shot.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3891
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the book say that it's ok to reward yourself with eating? that it's not ok?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9446
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3891

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:33 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does the book say that it's ok to reward yourself with eating? no that it's not ok? yesish
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4127
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does the book suggest you find something else to reward yourself with?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9447
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4127

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:23 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
does the book suggest you find something else to reward yourself with? yesish or yope
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 914
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reward themselves with something they like? which in her case would be food?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9448
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 914

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 6:23 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Reward themselves with something they like? yope or noish but you're ORT which in her case would be food? you're ORT
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4134
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she reward herself with drink (ie not technically food) and become an alcoholic?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9451
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4134

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 9:42 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
did she reward herself with drink (ie not technically food) no and become an alcoholic? no
Bodo (Bodo)
Username: Bodo

Post Number: 2674
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the author's intent that people behave oppositely of the way Belinda is?

Was moderation intended?

Is Belinda interpreting something literally which was not meant to be interpreted in that way?

Is she using something in the book as an excuse to eat more (e. g. the joke about "the doctor said I can only have one drink with meals so now I'm up to 11 meals each day")?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9470
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bodo (Bodo)
Username: Bodo

Post Number: 2674

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:25 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Was the author's intent that people behave oppositely of the way Belinda is? yes

Was moderation intended? yes

Is Belinda interpreting something literally which was not meant to be interpreted in that way? noish, but you're very ORT

Is she using something in the book as an excuse to eat more yesish(e. g. the joke about "the doctor said I can only have one drink with meals so now I'm up to 11 meals each day")? that's not it
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4143
Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she interpreting something literally but carrying it to extremes?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9472
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4143

Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 4:55 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
is she interpreting something literally yes but carrying it to extremes no?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4144
Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

eat little and often?

eat when you're hungry?

eat until you are full?

eat as much as you like?

eat whenever you like?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9476
Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4144

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 2:29 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
eat little and often?

eat when you're hungry? no

eat until you are full? no

eat as much as you like?no

eat whenever you like?no
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9478
Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: The advice is intended to stop people from going on an eating binge.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eat only X meals a day? Spend only X hours a day eating? Only buy enough food for X days in advance?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9482
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2171

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 1:09 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Eat only X meals a day? noSpend only X hours a day eating? noOnly buy enough food for X days in advance? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4146
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

eat at regular intervals?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4147
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

don't starve yourself? don't go hungry?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9484
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4146

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 8:22 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
eat at regular intervals? no
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4147

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 8:23 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
don't starve yourself? no don't go hungry? no
Docd (Docd)
Username: Docd

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't go food shopping when you're hungry?

Use smaller dinner plates?
Or only cover half (or another arbitrary fraction) of the plate with food?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9491
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Docd (Docd)
Username: Docd

Post Number: 193

Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:45 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Don't go food shopping when you're hungry? no

Use smaller dinner plates? no
Or only cover half (or another arbitrary fraction) of the plate with food? no

HINT: The advice is aimed at someone who has the urge to go on an eating binge; it aims to deflect the urge.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3946
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the advice related to what happens after the eating binge?

E.g.
"You'll feel terrible afterwards"?
"You'll hate yourself afterwards"?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9512
Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3946

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 5:29 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is the advice related to what happens after the eating binge? no

E.g.
"You'll feel terrible afterwards"? no
"You'll hate yourself afterwards"? no
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9550
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: What's a common assumption about a person's motivation for going on a eating binge?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 6298
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That they're upset? Depressed? they've broken up with their significant other?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9557
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 6298

Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 10:54 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
That they're upset? possibly Depressed? possibly they've broken up with their significant other? possibly --it's something more general that could encompass all of these
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 4036
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That eating binges are triggered by emotions?

Did the book advise people to suppress emotions?
Hamilton (Hamilton)
Username: Hamilton

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it that eating binges are brought on by guilt? Did the book say she stop feeling guilty so often? So instead, she stopped feeling guilty about binge eating?

Alternatively, that binge eating is a form of punishment? So it said that she should stop punishing herself? So she stopped punishing herself for binge eating?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9560
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 4036

Posted on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 2:07 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
That eating binges are triggered by emotions? yes|

Did the book advise people to suppress emotions? no
Hamilton (Hamilton)

Post Number: 43

Posted on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 5:06 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is it that eating binges are brought on by guilt? no Did the book say she stop feeling guilty so often? noSo instead, she stopped feeling guilty about binge eating? no

Alternatively, that binge eating is a form of punishment?Come again!! Indulging yourself is a form of punishment?? Now I've heard everything!! The answer to this question is NO So it said that she should stop punishing herself? no So she stopped punishing herself for binge eating? no
Hamilton (Hamilton)

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my defense, individuals often develop other eating disorders to punish themselves, I didn't know if binge eating worked the same way!

Is it necessary to discover an exact emotion that supposedly triggers binges? Or is it just that emotions in general cause them?

Did the book encourage a different outlet for the emotion(s) that cause binge eating?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4171
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did the book advise writing a diary?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9569
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hamilton (Hamilton)

Post Number: 48

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:59 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
In my defense, individuals often develop other eating disorders to punish themselves, I didn't know if binge eating worked the same way! I'm skeptical of the whole concept of an eating disorder, which seems to get applied to anyone whose top priority in eating isn't health & fitness. Climbing Mount Everest is probably at least as dangerous as overeating or undereating, but we don't say people who do it have a mountaineering disorder.

Is it necessary to discover an exact emotion that supposedly triggers binges? yopeOr is it just that emotions in general cause them? yope

Did the book encourage a different outlet for the emotion(s) that cause binge eating? yesish or yes
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 4171

Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 12:15 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
did the book advise writing a diary? no -- how could that possibly satisfy a desire for an ice cream sundae??
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 154
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 3:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fr how to stop eating unhealthy food: covering food in hot sauce? Turning refrigerator off? Other people involved? Cover salads In chocolate and caramel sauce?

did the book say to mix her food with something she likes? Or eat the food separated( pizza to pepperoni, cheese, tomato's, pepper salad?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9571
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 154

Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 3:53 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Fr how to stop eating unhealthy food: covering food in hot sauce? no Turning refrigerator off? no Other people involved? no Cover salads In chocolate and caramel sauce? no

did the book say to mix her food with something she likes? noOr eat the food separated( pizza to pepperoni, cheese, tomato's, pepper salad? no
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9591
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP: Add the following to the puzzle statement: The advice is designed to avert an eating binge & assumes that the reason for an eating binge is something other than the obvious one of a desire to pursue happiness by eating food that tastes great.
Psymann (Psymann)
Username: Psymann

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The diet book suggests an action(s) to perform when you are feeling emotional-in-general?

or when you a feeling a specific emotion?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9597
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psymann (Psymann)

Post Number: 60

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:57 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
The diet book suggests an action(s) to perform when you are feeling emotional-in-general? no

or when you a feeling a specific emotion? yes or yesish
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9599
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: Remember, the advice is about what you should do to avert an eating binge.}
Psymann (Psymann)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The advice instructs you when to eat snacks (eg sweets/cakes)?

Did Belinda consider the time between the evening meal one day and breakfast the following day to be "between meals", whereas the advice considered that time to be off-limits for eating completely?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9603
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psymann (Psymann)

Post Number: 67

Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 11:52 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
The advice instructs you when to eat snacks (eg sweets/cakes)? no

Did Belinda consider the time between the evening meal one day and breakfast the following day to be "between meals", whereas the advice considered that time to be off-limits for eating completely? no
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 555
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2013 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the advice recommend an alternative course of action when one feels like binge eating?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9607
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2013 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 555

Posted on Friday, September 27, 2013 - 1:09 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does the advice recommend an alternative course of action when one feels like binge eating? yes. GOOOOOOD QUESTION!!!!!
Anairod (Anairod)
Username: Anairod

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it suggest doing something that you like? And since Belinda liked eating, she ate?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2772
Posted on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it tell you to go for a run/do exercise instead? To do something to distract yourself? Some kind if mentally challenging task? Is it something that most people would find clearly less enjoyable than eating?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9612
Posted on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anairod (Anairod)
Username: Anairod

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 7:44 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Did it suggest doing something that you like? no, but you're ORT And since Belinda liked eating, she ate? ditto
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 2772

Posted on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 7:12 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does it tell you to go for a run/do exercise instead? no To do something to distract yourself? noish Some kind if mentally challenging task? noIs it something that most people would find clearly less enjoyable than eating?n/a
Alexanderhamilton (Alexanderhamilton)
Username: Alexanderhamilton

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it suggest an alternative to binge eating, however Belinda typically eats while she does that activity? So she ended up eating anyways?

Does it suggest an alternative to binge eating that ends up making Belinda hungrier?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9614
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alexanderhamilton (Alexanderhamilton)
Username: Alexanderhamilton

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 3:13 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does it suggest an alternative to binge eating, however Belinda typically eats while she does that activity? yesishSo she ended up eating anyways?yes|

Does it suggest an alternative to binge eating that ends up making Belinda hungrier? noish or yope
Psydkik (Psydkik)
Username: Psydkik

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the suggested activity a specific thing - such as "do gardening" or "play football"?

Or is the suggested activity a general thing - such as "do something outside" or "do something active"?

[no worries if that's too vague a question to give a yes/no answer to!]
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9617
Posted on Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 47

Posted on Monday, September 30, 2013 - 11:03 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is the suggested activity a specific thing specific - such as "do gardening" or "play football"? not that sort of thing

Or is the suggested activity a general thing - such as "do something outside" or "do something active"? noish

[no worries if that's too vague a question to give a yes/no answer to!]
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the suggested activity one which involves:
- Belinda leaving the house if she's at home?
- Belinda returning home if she's away from home?
- another person besides Belinda herself?
- an object or objects (other than the food which Belinda eats!)?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9618
Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 61

Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 12:35 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is the suggested activity one which involves:
- Belinda leaving the house if she's at home? possibly but not necessarily
- Belinda returning home if she's away from home? ditto
- another person besides Belinda herself?possibly
- an object or objects (other than the food which Belinda eats!)? unlikely
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the suggested activity:
- a sport?
- an art/craft?
- musical?
- involving books/reading?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9622
Posted on Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 94

Posted on Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:38 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Is the suggested activity:
- a sport? no
- an art/craft? no
- musical? no
- involving books/reading? no
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the suggested activity is something that can be done inside, usually on your own without any other person or equipment necessary?

Does it involve
- thinking about something?
- physical activity?
- observation?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9624
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 127

Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 4:04 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
So the suggested activity is something that can be done inside, usually on your own without any other person or equipment necessary? yes

Does it involve
- thinking about something? yes
- physical activity? no
- observation? noish
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 131
Posted on Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the suggested activity involve:
- thinking about a person?
- thinking about a topic?
- thinking about a memory?
- thinking in order to invoke a specific emotion? (eg "think something that makes you happy"?)
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9625
Posted on Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 131

Posted on Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 11:14 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does the suggested activity involve:
- thinking about a person? yope
- thinking about a topic? yes
- thinking about a memory? no
- thinking in order to invoke a specific emotion? noish (eg "think something that makes you happy" no?)
Plebeian (Plebeian)
Username: Plebeian

Post Number: 901
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The suggestion wasn't something like "If you feel like eating cake, have something else instead" - the reader choosing, say, pizza?
Nimue (Nimue)

Post Number: 9630
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Plebeian (Plebeian)
Username: Plebeian

Post Number: 901

Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 2:21 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
The suggestion wasn't something like "If you feel like eating cake, have something else instead" - the reader choosing, say, pizza?This is close enough fore me to declare a

***********SPOILER ****************

Here is a passage from my short story "In Your Hands"(which appeared in Pulpsmith and The American Philosophical Association Newsletter on Philosophy and Medicine), “Ask yourself what you really want when you think you want to go on an eating binge, diet books said. Belinda decided she didn't really want strawberry ice cream. It was too tart. She went downstairs, heaped a plastic dish with vanilla fudge royale, and took it back up to bed.”
Please check out my new puzzle!!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: