[Solo1]Happy Anniversary to me Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2013 » [Solo1]Happy Anniversary to me « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 703
Posted on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This month I am one year out from a serious operation, and doing fine, thanks.
But if I had "bought the farm" I like to think that my last words would have been appropriate for a lateral puzzler.
What were they?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3857
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, congratulations (or whatever you say in that situation)! It's great that you're doing fine.

Relevant whom your last words would have been directed at? family? friends?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 705
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, congratulations Thanks!
Relevant whom your last words would have been directed at? family? friends? Family/friends not present. I was talking to the OR nurses; this is relevant.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 4757
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you use a bit of LTPF jargon?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 708
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you use a bit of LTPF jargon? No, n.r.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3859
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a statement? a question?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 709
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a statement? a question? this
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 6215
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you use kitteh-language? =D (kaylee-kitteh is glad Soli-kitteh is all better =D)
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 879
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2013 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"appropriate for a lateral puzzler" -- did your potential last words sound like the setup for a lateral puzzle? or sound as if you could have been a character in a lateral puzzle?

You said OR nurses... did you ask your question before your surgery? after? as you were being put under? Is the time frame here relevant?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you use kitteh-language? No
did your potential last words sound like the setup for a lateral puzzle? or sound as if you could have been a character in a lateral puzzle? Yessish/yope, but that covers a lot of ground. In a way, it's both too broad and too narrow.
Confused yet?

You said OR nurses..As I think back, they may not have been surgical nurses, just members of the OR staff. ..did you ask your question before your surgery? yes!after? as you were being put under? Yes, or just before. This is relevant. Is the time frame here relevant? Yes, very much so.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 905
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your question begin with something along the lines of "If I don't wake up..."? or "If I die..."? if not those, was this the gist?

Is what you were having surgery for relevant?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 722
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your question begin with something along the lines of "If I don't wake up?..." No; I fully expected to survive, and this is relevant. I really didn't know how serious the operation was.

Is what you were having surgery for relevant? No; my question was not related to the operation itself.
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your question about what will happen after the operation? That you may have medical problems after it?

When you mean "bought the farm" do you mean medical insurance?

Was your question about medical insurance?
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 80
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 5:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you say something like "Am I covered?"
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 725
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your question about what will happen after the operation? That you may have medical problems after it? No, not related to the operation at all.

When you mean "bought the farm" do you mean medical insurance? No, this is a euphemism for croaked, assumed room temperature - in other words, died.

Was your question about medical insurance? No.

Did you say something like "Am I covered?"No, but that would have been a good question. At that point I was literally covered, but would soon have to be uncovered (at least partially) so the operation could proceed.

However, this is sort of OTRT, as my question concerned something that happened in the OR, but not something medical or surgical.
Hardcore (Hardcore)

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you see someone you knew in the OR?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3887
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the question concern your body?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 728
Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you see someone you knew in the OR? No

Did the question concern your body? Yopish - not so much my body as bodies in general - I meal live ones!
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 917
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your question anything joking about improving your body cosmetically while you were under ("Hey, while you're at it...")?

Was your question joking in nature? or serious?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 734
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your question anything joking about improving your body cosmetically while you were under (Hey, while you're at it...")? I shudda thought of that! But no

Was your question joking in nature? No, I was not making a joke. or serious? ..but not entirely serious either.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 4137
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2013 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was your question about how they identify which leg to amputate?

or ensure that they've got the right patient?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 735
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2013 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was your question about how they identify which leg to amputate? No, no amputation involved.

or ensure that they've got the right patient? No, though maybe it should have been. My husband was in the hospital for an operation once, and the intern making the rounds asked him: "Let's see, are you here for a right or left hemorrhoid?" His alarmed reply was, "It's a hernia, a HERNIA!".
I suppose I was medicated enough that I wasn't too worried about anything.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3904
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you asking for a fact?
Was it a yes/no question? A "what if..." question?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 738
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you asking for a fact?Yes
Was it a yes/no question? A "what if.." question? This, and it concerned patients in general, not just me, so it was a fact that I hoped to be able to use later.
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 739
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Note: there is a clue in Orion's puzzle just below, or rather not in the puzzle itself....
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3905
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the title of Orion's puzzle relevant?
Did you ask about something related to weight? related to the weight of a human body? of a specific body part? of the soul?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 740
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the title of Orion's puzzle relevant? Yes!
Did you ask about something related to weight? related to the weight of a human body? Yes, no to the rest.

************SPOILER************
As the an orderly and a nurses' aide were lifting me off the gurney on to the operating table (I was allowed to do almost nothing by myself) I asked: "What do you do when you have a really heavy person to move, say over 250 pounds? (I was/am far short of this.) The answer is: send for backup.
I said "Thank you," just before losing consciousness, and stored that fact away in my memory bank, thinking to use it in a Trivial Pursuit game or in a Lateral Puzzle. And now I have!

This is really doing it the hard way. I hope the rest of you don't have to go through that to create puzzles.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: